[KERNEL] [blu_spark r166 OP7/T/Pro] [A11 OOS]

Search This thread

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
I was using the latest November build of this kernel on my OnePlus 7T pro, and first I thought it's because I got low network connection that my phonecalls are all cancelled so I don't hear nothing anymore after some minutes of a call (I was only having calls at home in my flat for weeks because of the lockdown/pandemic). But then I flashed back the stock boot image and now I can have normal calls again without a problem.

German user, o2 network, no logs available. Latest magisk, no mods and tweaks (just root), latest stock ROM.

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was using the latest November build of this kernel on my OnePlus 7T pro, and first I thought it's because I got low network connection that my phonecalls are all cancelled so I don't hear nothing anymore after some minutes of a call (I was only having calls at home in my flat for weeks because of the lockdown/pandemic). But then I flashed back the stock boot image and now I can have normal calls again without a problem.

German user, o2 network, no logs available. Latest magisk, no mods and tweaks (just root), latest stock ROM.
Kernel doesn't really care about that and all radio inteface stuff is stock.

Reactions: Mervingio

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
Kernel doesn't really care about that and all radio inteface stuff is stock.

I guess you're right. Right after going back to stock kernel the problem vanished, just to come back today. It seems this OOS ROM is just screwed or something. I read a thread at the OP forums and many users having the same device and others got that problem. F* OP, gonna buy a Pixel again next time.

GrayJack

Sep 16, 2012
Silent Hill
Thanks for the new Version. I currently have the problem that my phone stays in the unlocked bootloader screen at boot for a very long time before booting. Could this be kernel related? Its much longer than before.
Same problem here on hotdog with stock ROM, stock kernel and latest Magisk.
The problem appears after OOS 10.0.13 (global) update, now exists at 10.0.14 also.

GrayJack

Sep 16, 2012
Silent Hill
Sadly. Op3 and 3t was the last good device after oneplus turned to one **** company just sell bug stuff. Better go with Pixel Samsung or Xiaomi
Pixel is also crap now.
Samsung is full of bloatware and ****ty knox.
Xiaomi is like a barrel of honey with teaspoon of jar - always tricky in something.

There is always something that prevents to call the phone ideal.

Psfanboy88

Oct 6, 2012
Same problem here on hotdog with stock ROM, stock kernel and latest Magisk.
The problem appears after OOS 10.0.13 (global) update, now exists at 10.0.14 also.

Thanks mate. Good to know that im not the only one. Tried different kernels and Stock. Nothing works.
Oneplus is not what they used to be. Had the 3t, 6t and now the 7 pro. Will get the next pixel.

Ayan Chakraborty

Jul 26, 2019
I am having weird issues with whatsapp and other background apps. They are getting killed in the background after sometime and thus not receiving notifications, after flashing this kernel. The apps running r same version. Is anyone having this kind of problem? Any solution...?

I am not a noob. All battery optimisations r disabled. Even in arter kernel I didn't have this problem. But switched to this due to higher benchmark in tests

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am having weird issues with whatsapp and other background apps. They are getting killed in the background after sometime and thus not receiving notifications, after flashing this kernel. The apps running r same version. Is anyone having this kind of problem? Any solution...?

I am not a noob. All battery optimisations r disabled. Even in arter kernel I didn't have this problem. But switched to this due to higher benchmark in tests
I have no changes from stock memory management on that regard.
OOS has lot's of stuff in place when it comes to that stuff, can be less noticeable or have different behavior when custom drivers are in place, but it's not my cup of tea.

Ayan Chakraborty

Jul 26, 2019
I have no changes from stock memory management on that regard.
OOS has lot's of stuff in place when it comes to that stuff, can be less noticeable or have different behavior when custom drivers are in place, but it's not my cup of tea.
Thanks for your reply. I am currently using franko manager and I did a wipe data and cache of the app. And its kind of fixed the memory management problem I was facing. But I have a very important think to report. None the setting changes I do in FKM stays that way. Like if I disable fsync, adreno boost medium and click Apply on boot, they get back to default settings after few hours or after a reboot.

Last edited:

chintu1234

Dec 28, 2011
Navi mumbai
Thanks for your reply. I am currently using franko manner and I did a wipe data and cache of the app. And its kind of fixed the memory management problem I was facing. But I have one very important think to report. None the setting chances I do in FKM stays that way. Like if I disable fsync, adresno boost medium and click Apply on boot, they get back to default settings after few hours or after a reboot.

You need to keep FKM as not optimized in Battery optimization setting also keep boot apply delay to 60 seconds in the FKM app setting, this will fix your issue.

Deus.

Apr 25, 2016
Biatorbágy
roth.su
Hello,

Thank you for this kernel. I just installed and noticed I can enable "fast charging". Right now it is disabled, but I still have the warp charging, hence I got curious what the fast charging does exactly. Is that the switch for thermal throttling?

Ayan Chakraborty

Jul 26, 2019
Hello,

Thank you for this kernel. I just installed and noticed I can enable "fast charging". Right now it is disabled, but I still have the warp charging, hence I got curious what the fast charging does exactly. Is that the switch for thermal throttling?
that one is used for charging over pc usb in mtp mode not for dash charge

Reactions: Deus.

Ayan Chakraborty

Jul 26, 2019
Another thing to report, I not so frequently use a type C earphone with DAC built-in. It used to work with the 7t pro with stock and arter kernel too. After flashing this, Android fails to detect it as a audio playback device. The earphone still works fine with pc and old Samsung

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with custom upstream LLVM 14.x (Clang 14.0.5 + LLD linker)
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP7 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150 for max stability
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sm8150 patchset
    • No OC, use 250HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • Patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Stock thermal driver by default
    • ZRAM Swap (LZ4 default) and with file disabled, LZO-RLE and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with FKM, EXKM, Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    FKM download configs: oos | custom
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op7
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 7T Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Manu J. for being such a supportive person.
    blu_spark r60 release (Android 10 unified)

All right crew!

First build for the 7T/Pro is up :highfive:
    This kernel is unified, good to go on OP7/T/Pro (I only can test on Pro).

blu_spark_r60 release

• All the goodies available from OP7/Pro
    • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 7T Pro Oxygen OS 10.0.1
    • CAF updates f2fs, dm-verity/init, mm, crypto drv, devfreq, etc
    • fs: exfat: version 2.2.0-3arter97
    • AnyKernel3 updates
    • If you use root, Magisk 20.1 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

No mirrors please
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)
    blu_spark r107 release (A10 unified)

New build is up :highfive:

This kernel is unified, good to go on OP7/T/Pro (I only can test on Pro's).
    You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:

blu_spark_r107 release
    • CAF updates devfreq, qseecom
    • wireguard updates (v1.0.20200712)
    • For root, stable Magisk 20.4 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

No mirrors please
    blu_spark r109 release (A10 unified)

You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:
    Some goodies from op8 dev inside, enjoy!

blu_spark_r109 release
    • build with blu_gcc-10.2 (from gcc-10.2 snapshot and latest toolchain components)
    • defconfig: remove some cruft
    • selinux: don't require auditing
    • arm64: move GCC version check for ARCH_SUPPORTS_INT128 to Kconfig
    • arm64: support __int128 with clang, support __int128 on gcc 5+
    • wireguard updates (v1.20200729)

No mirrors please
    blu_spark r111 release (A10 unified)

blu_spark_r111 release
    • Synchronize codes for HD1907 Oxygen OS 10.0.10.HD63CB
    • Input: add safety guards to input_set_keycode()
    • Revert "kbuild: Increase automatic inline instruction limit to 1000
    • update wifi module (custom)

No mirrors please