Development [KERNEL] [blu_spark r166 OP9/Pro] [A14 Custom]

Search This thread

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
DWHxIK

Kernel features:
  • Build with custom upstream LLVM 14.x (Clang 14.0.6 + LLD linker + IAS)
  • full ThinLTO -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
  • Less is more: stockish OP9 builds based on LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350 for max stability
  • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system/vendor partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
  • Removed some debug and logging options
  • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
  • No OC, use 250HZ base timer frequency
  • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
  • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
  • Several I/O control tweaks, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
  • ZRAM Swap (4GB LZ4 default) and with file disabled (2 GB storage gain), LZO-RLE and ZSTD are available
  • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
  • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
  • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
  • Backlight min brightness and brightness scaling (custom) option
  • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
  • USB2 Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
  • FS fsync toggle on/off
  • Wakelock blockers available
  • wireguard support
  • Compatible with Kernel Flasher, EXKM, FKM , Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
Kernel Flasher/FKM download configs: oos | custom
(No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img/vendor_boot.img/vendor_dlkm.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support ROMs with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
Currently only LineageOS or LOS based ROMs are supported, OOS is EOL.
Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img/vendor_boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op9
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 9 Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
Very proud for being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to dev relations team.

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
blu_spark_r23 release

First blu_spark build for the OP9 series is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 9 Pro but it's unified, so should work for the OP9 also (need some fixes since code is broken). So backup you boot if you want to test and let me know :)
Kernel already have some merged goodies and I think I have a good base to work with. For a couple days of work, it's not bad :)
I'll take a look into more stuff to come, some things in OP are WIP. Stay tuned!

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app.
FKM download configs: oos

Changelog:
  • Build with Google Clang 12.0.5 + LLD linker
  • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 9/Pro Oxygen 11.2.6.6.LE25AA
  • Several build error fixes and quirks handled
  • Compilation improvements an cruf removed
  • Some goodies already merged like filesystem stuff, cpu governor & boost/msm perf, TCP algos, wakelock blocker, vibration and haptic feedback control, gpu adrenoboost, etc
  • All drivers builtin, wifi stack and datarmmnet merged from CAF
  • net/wireguard: merge v1.0.20210424

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)

Last edited:

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
@eng.stk I think the kernel has the same issue as Omega had, wireless charging seems to stop at 95%

Dumped out some logs if it will help

EDIT : OK, Apparently I'm talking crap, just seemed to be charging slowly but did get to 100%

Attachments

• Logs_010621.zip
    567.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: eng.stk

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
Does anyone have stock kernel?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210601-201616.jpg
    Screenshot_20210601-201616.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 1,273

Flasher8

Apr 24, 2011
Got some laggy sound with YouTube vanced off screen playing background music/ video. Attached log for info. Never happen with stock and omega kernel b4. Thanks

Attachments

• bglog.zip
    197.5 KB · Views: 36

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blu_spark_r165 release (A14 custom)

New build is up (y)

Build targeting lineage-21.0-20240216-nightly, kernel build may work with other ROMs that use similar device/kernel trees (confirm before flashing).
    This kernel is for the 9 Pro but it's unified, so should work for the OP9 also.

For flashing and easy of install logging, Kernel Flasher is recommended
    You can use Kernel Flasher/FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app updates/flash section.
    Download config: custom

Changelog:
    • Merge lineage-21.0 from LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    • CodeLinaro device updates
    • Merge ASB-2024-03-05
    • For root, Magisk 27.0 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs besides LineageOS.
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue.

No mirrors please
    Don't forget to hit like, it's free :)
    blu_spark_r166 release (A14 custom)

New build is up (y)

Build targeting lineage-21.0-20240422-nightly, kernel build may work with other ROMs that use similar device/kernel trees (confirm before flashing).

You can use Kernel Flasher/FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app updates/flash section.

Changelog:
    • Merge lineage-21.0 from LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    • Merge ASB-2024-04-05
    • CodeLinaro device updates
    • erofs upstream updates
    • defconfig: sync with lineage-21.0-20240422-nightly
    • slight rebase/cleanup for latest LOS21 merge
    • For root, Magisk 27.0 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs besides LineageOS.
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue.

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r166 release (A14 custom)

New build is up (y)

Build targeting lineage-21.0-20240422-nightly, kernel build may work with other ROMs that use similar device/kernel trees (confirm before flashing).

Changelog:

Keep in mind:
    I will give no active support for custom ROMs besides LineageOS.

No mirrors please
    Thanks man perfect for my phone!!
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with custom upstream LLVM 14.x (Clang 14.0.6 + LLD linker + IAS)
    • full ThinLTO -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP9 builds based on LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350 for max stability
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system/vendor partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • No OC, use 250HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • ZRAM Swap (4GB LZ4 default) and with file disabled (2 GB storage gain), LZO-RLE and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • Backlight min brightness and brightness scaling (custom) option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB2 Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • Compatible with Kernel Flasher, EXKM, FKM , Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    Kernel Flasher/FKM download configs: oos | custom
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img/vendor_boot.img/vendor_dlkm.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support ROMs with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    Currently only LineageOS or LOS based ROMs are supported, OOS is EOL.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img/vendor_boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op9
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 9 Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud for being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to dev relations team.
    blu_spark_r23 release

First blu_spark build for the OP9 series is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 9 Pro but it's unified, so should work for the OP9 also (need some fixes since code is broken). So backup you boot if you want to test and let me know :)
    Kernel already have some merged goodies and I think I have a good base to work with. For a couple days of work, it's not bad :)
    I'll take a look into more stuff to come, some things in OP are WIP. Stay tuned!

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app.

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.5 + LLD linker
    • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 9/Pro Oxygen 11.2.6.6.LE25AA
    • Several build error fixes and quirks handled
    • Compilation improvements an cruf removed
    • Some goodies already merged like filesystem stuff, cpu governor & boost/msm perf, TCP algos, wakelock blocker, vibration and haptic feedback control, gpu adrenoboost, etc
    • All drivers builtin, wifi stack and datarmmnet merged from CAF
    • net/wireguard: merge v1.0.20210424

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    [Thread Cleaned]

Good (or perhaps not so good?) day everyone! I've removed a few posts but left the ones that matter: civilized closure of conflict – social media can learn a thing or two from this. As we sit behind our desks and in our couches (or on a plane, even that's a thing nowadays), protected by that anonymity shield, we easily throw our words out into the world. And sometimes we regret them. Unfortunately, we find it so easy to judge one another for that. But facing the fact that we're all just humans that make mistakes, I believe we know that we shouldn't judge so quickly. Now more than ever; kindness should prevail.

Thank you for your attention and have an energetic day or quiet night in your part of the world. If you need a chat, drop me a line. Just keep our development threads focused on development and mutual respect.

Cheers!
    Timmy
    Forum Moderator
    blu_spark_r120 release (A13 custom)

New build is up (y)

I tested with lineage-20.0-20230103-nightly-lemonadep, kernel build may work with other ROMs that use similar device/kernel trees.
    This kernel is tested for the 9 Pro but it's unified, so should work for the OP9 also.

Changelog:
    • ThinLTO build with custom upstream LLVM 15.x (Clang 15.0.6 + LLD linker + IAS)
    • Rebase and cleanup for lineage-20.0
    • Merge lineage-20.0 from LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    • defconfig: sync with lineage-20.0-20230101-nightly
    • makefile: disable some clang spam
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20221201)
    • For root, Magisk 25.2 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I am mostly interested on debugging stuff with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue.

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r52 release

New build is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 9 Pro but it's unified, so should work for the OP9 also.

Changelog:
    • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 9 Oxygen 11.2.10.10
    • f2fs: shrink node_write lock coverage
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20211215)
    • Couple init runtime adjusts to better UX
    • For root, Magisk 23.0 or higher is mandatory

No mirrors please