[KERNEL] [blu_spark r152] [Marshmallow 6.0.1 / Nougat 7.1.*]

Search This thread

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
DWHxIK

Kernel features:
  • Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-7.2 (cortex-a15 neon-vfpv4 hard-float targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.10)
  • Full -O3 support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
  • Less is more: stockish builds based on android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-marshmallow-mr3
  • Kernel compressed with XZ, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times)
  • Removed some debug and logging options
  • Enhanced performance and battery patches
  • Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default- fastlane mode available!)
  • Voltage Control UV_mV_table (UV down to 700mV possible)
  • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks
  • Several I/O control (added FIOPS and ZEN is default), tweaked filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS available)
  • Disabled stock mpdecision and thermald
  • blu_plug: Dynamic hotplug for hammerhead
  • msm_thermal simple driver (default 65º C threshold)
  • Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with neon support)
  • Vibrator Strength tunable (60% default)
  • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz), Simple GPU Governor by default
  • Gamma Control and KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
  • Backlight dimmer ready (disabled by default, tuned min manual brightness - level 3)
  • Wakelock blockers available
  • USB automount (ROM must support it, otherwise use stickmount)
  • CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (Drive Droid compatible)
  • Kexec (multirom) full support
  • doubletap2wake available (0:disabled, 1:enabled, 2:enabled fullscreen), option to disable with power button or after wake_timeout
  • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP, Increase battery charging current to use higher input current on AC mode, proprietary charger detection
  • init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU], /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d [Magisk])
  • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, Universal Kernel Manager and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP (no mirrors please)

Warning: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_sp★rk zip to avoid problems.
Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. Also, I only actively support stock ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root).
No support will be given to custom ROM including N stuff, so don't clutter the thread with it (specially):
  • No talking about WiFi and N issues.
  • No talking about ROM related and misc N issues.
Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
Also no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

This kernel installer modifies your filesystem, backup your boot.img with TWRP if you want to go back to full stock (or you can fastboot boot.img or dirty flash your ROM also)

If you want to use F2FS, do the following (backup your data before attempt this, it will erase all your Data)
  • Flash TWRP with f2fs support and flash latest blu_sp★rk zip
  • Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Data -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
  • Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Cache -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
  • Reboot and profit

pp-acceptance-medium.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
blu_spark hammerhead, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
eng.stk
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/hammerhead

Kernel Special Features: powered by sparky

Version Information
Current Stable Version: r152
Stable Release Date: 2017-11-23
Current Beta Version: r141
Beta Release Date: 2017-09-13

Created 2015-08-10
Last Updated 2019-11-29

Last edited:

Byrd San

Apr 9, 2011
Antioch
Just flashed it over PA. So far so good! Will be reporting back in a few days on the kernel's overall performance and battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: crisjogos

Jephre

Oct 31, 2010
Hey guys,

Just a forewarning - I tried flashing this kernel on top of my current setup. I'm running the latest Mahdi ROM, and was previously using Uber kernel saber 4.9. I used TricksterMod to set the settings, but before I flashed this kernel, I made sure to turn off the setting that keeps my previous kernel settings locked for the next boot.

After I flashed Purified, my phone booted fine, but got stuck at the boot animation. No biggie, so I just restarted it. Happened again, so I went into recovery to try to reflash my ROM to get back the stock Mahdi kernel then try flashing Purified again. However, I get an error message saying "E: Can't mount /sdcard".

I'm kinda stuck now...this is the first time I've experienced a soft brick like this. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't even go back and restore my old ROM and kernel setup because of that error message.

EDIT:
Sorry, kinda freaked out just now because I've never had so few options for recovery. No access to reflashing my ROM, no access to nandroiding. I tried ADBing, but couldn't set it up right and my device wouldn't load.

Out of desperation, I factory/data resetted, rebooted, got stuck at the boot animation screen, rebooted back to recovery, then tried accessing the sdcard again. ...somehow that did it. My sdcard was back and I nandroided. I still don't really know what caused this to happen.

I'm guessing, next time just to be safe, reflash the ROM, and then flash over this kernel?

Last edited:

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
Ah,finally! Thank you @eng.stk

What the main differences between this release and the default Purity kernel? I know you and @DariosF work together from time to time and he has implemented some of these features into the default purity kernel.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Hey guys,

Just a forewarning - I tried flashing this kernel on top of my current setup. I'm running the latest Mahdi ROM, and was previously using Uber kernel saber 4.9. I used TricksterMod to set the settings, but before I flashed this kernel, I made sure to turn off the setting that keeps my previous kernel settings locked for the next boot.

After I flashed Purified, my phone booted fine, but got stuck at the boot animation. No biggie, so I just restarted it. Happened again, so I went into recovery to try to reflash my ROM to get back the stock Mahdi kernel then try flashing Purified again. However, I get an error message saying "E: Can't mount /sdcard".

I'm kinda stuck now...this is the first time I've experienced a soft brick like this. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't even go back and restore my old ROM and kernel setup because of that error message.

Try mounting options in TWRP, also try a fix permissions.

Last edited:
Reactions: eng.stk

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey guys,

Looks like you got something wrong with your ROM, just dirty flash it

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ah,finally! Thank you @eng.stk

What the main differences between this release and the default Purity kernel? I know you and @DariosF work together from time to time and he has implemented some of these features into the default purity kernel.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Try mounting options in TWRP, also try a fix permissions.

Me and Dario work almost everyday together, we made stuff for almost every Nexus (at least).

The diferences are in OP, I use same base but to a diferent end.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-7.2 (cortex-a15 neon-vfpv4 hard-float targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.10)
    • Full -O3 support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
    • Less is more: stockish builds based on android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-marshmallow-mr3
    • Kernel compressed with XZ, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • Enhanced performance and battery patches
    • Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default- fastlane mode available!)
    • Voltage Control UV_mV_table (UV down to 700mV possible)
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks
    • Several I/O control (added FIOPS and ZEN is default), tweaked filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS available)
    • Disabled stock mpdecision and thermald
    • blu_plug: Dynamic hotplug for hammerhead
    • msm_thermal simple driver (default 65º C threshold)
    • Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with neon support)
    • Vibrator Strength tunable (60% default)
    • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz), Simple GPU Governor by default
    • Gamma Control and KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • Backlight dimmer ready (disabled by default, tuned min manual brightness - level 3)
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • USB automount (ROM must support it, otherwise use stickmount)
    • CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (Drive Droid compatible)
    • Kexec (multirom) full support
    • doubletap2wake available (0:disabled, 1:enabled, 2:enabled fullscreen), option to disable with power button or after wake_timeout
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP, Increase battery charging current to use higher input current on AC mode, proprietary charger detection
    • init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU], /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d [Magisk])
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, Universal Kernel Manager and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP (no mirrors please)

Warning: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_sp★rk zip to avoid problems.
    Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. Also, I only actively support stock ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root).
    No support will be given to custom ROM including N stuff, so don't clutter the thread with it (specially):
    • No talking about WiFi and N issues.
    • No talking about ROM related and misc N issues.
    Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
    Also no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

This kernel installer modifies your filesystem, backup your boot.img with TWRP if you want to go back to full stock (or you can fastboot boot.img or dirty flash your ROM also)

If you want to use F2FS, do the following (backup your data before attempt this, it will erase all your Data)
    • Flash TWRP with f2fs support and flash latest blu_sp★rk zip
    • Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Data -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
    • Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Cache -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
    • Reboot and profit

pp-acceptance-medium.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    blu_spark hammerhead, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    eng.stk
    Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/hammerhead

Kernel Special Features: powered by sparky

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: r152
    Stable Release Date: 2017-11-23
    Current Beta Version: r141
    Beta Release Date: 2017-09-13

Created 2015-08-10
    Last Updated 2019-11-29
    blu_spark r40

All right crew!
    New build is up, enjoy :)

• audit: Mute userspace and kernel audit logs (goodbye nasty task exit spam)
    • net: fix iterating over hashtable in tcp_nuke_addr()
    • Input: optimize events_per_packet count calculation
    • tcp_cubic: fix the range of delayed_ack
    • tcp: fix timing issue in CUBIC slope calculation
    • Reverted moto LMK merges

Don't forget to hit thanks ;)
    blu_spark r35

All right crew!

New build is up, enjoy :)

• lowmemorykiller: squash task adj rbtree optimization from Motorola
    • input: Don't reset keys pressed at suspend time from Atlantis
    • tcp_cubic: do not set epoch_start in the future, better follow cubic curve after idle period
    • Improvements on RAMdisk and install routines

Don't forget to hit thanks ;)
    blu_sp★rk r51

All right crew!

New update is up, some nice goodies inside, go get it.

• makefile: use blu_naro cortex-a15 neon-vfpv4 hard-float toolchain (build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 5.3-2015.12)
    • sched/rt: Reduce rq lock contention by eliminating locking of non-feasible target
    • sched/core: Fix an SMP ordering race in try_to_wake_up() vs. schedule()
    • sched: Fix RLIMIT_RTTIME when PI-boosting to RT, Queue RT tasks to head when prio drops, Fix race in idle_balance()
    • sched/fair: Stop searching for tasks in newidle balance if there are runnable tasks
    • msm: camera: sensor: Change wait func to wait_for_completion_timeout
    • proc: actually make proc_fd_permission() thread-friendly, make proc_fd_permission() thread-friendly
    • futexes: Increase hash table size for better performance
    • mm/slub: don't wait for high-order page allocation
    • fs/buffer.c: increase the buffer-head per-CPU LRU size
    • ASoC: pcm: If pmdown_time is zero then shut down DAPM immediately
    • net: wireless: bcmhd: Serialize wl_notify_escan_complete
    • ARM: msm: hammerhead: Check completion status on vote for resume, Ignore watchdog init if device is interactive
    • net: wireless: bcmdhd: Do not process partial resume on bus reset, Fix suspend failure due to wakelock/wakeunlock mismatch, Ensure watchdog thread isnt called on bus reset, fix for watch dog issue in wifi connect test
    • cpufreq: ondemand: even if it's not being used it spawns uninterruptible threads equal to the num
    • wakeup: Add the guard condition for len in pm_get_active_wakeup_sources
    • timer: Prevent overflow in apply_slack
    • bluetooth: Validate socket address length in sco_sock_bind().
    • net: add validation for the socket syscall protocol argument
    • md: use kzalloc() when bitmap is disabled
    • ipv6: addrconf: validate new MTU before applying it
    • pagemap: do not leak physical addresses to non-privileged userspace

If you like my work, don't forget to hit thanks :good:
    Code_Blue r923

All right crew!

Back to the heavyweight jam :angel:
    I decided to reopen the thread after some thinking and some nice talks I had with several people.
    I do this for fun, so behave and don't make me regret it.

This is for Lollipop 5.1 ROMs only.

The zip uses anykernel installer, this means it uses previously installed ROM kernel Ramdisk.
    If already have Code_Blue or ROM default kernel installed just flash over.
    If you come from other kernel dirty flash you ROM and flash Code_Blue after.

Changelog: http://goo.gl/tyW8lf

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it #Code_Blue