[KERNEL] [blu_spark r155 OP6/T] [A10 OOS]

Search This thread

more_than_hater

May 3, 2016
Odessa
it probably won't brick the device but this answer does not correspond with what the dev said. he said .85 is for PBs and .86 for 9.0 OOS
hence be careful and consider the possible culprit if something goes wrong. further report back after a while without issues, also worth to know
if that's so ;)

Let me transcribe that statement.
.85v2 were made using sources from OB3
and .86 - using stable release sources - updated sources, so it should work with both OB and Stable channel, and even more of that, with old 8.1 ROMs

Konpon96

Nov 25, 2011
Warsaw
I couldn't download the file, cause every attempt of downloading ended in redirecting me to the same download page. I've opened browser developer tools (all chromium-based browsers have the same one) by pressing F12, switched to Network tab and figured out every attempt of clicking on the button resulted in redirect to the very same download page. What's worse, the browser cached the page. I checked "Disable cache" option and download finally started after clicking again.

Hope this helps those having the same problem. :)

Reactions: eng.stk

Astrubale

Jan 15, 2016
You want to update TWRP? Just flash .zip in TWRP, reboot to recovery and reboot system
TWRP gone with OTA update and I'm too lazy to flash it via PC. Dev said that the new TWRP zip can be flashed via anykernel2 supported app.

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs

thugslug

Feb 21, 2018
Sydney
TWRP gone with OTA update and I'm too lazy to flash it via PC. Dev said that the new TWRP zip can be flashed via anykernel2 supported app.
Hmm.... Too lazy to use fastboot on PC, but not too lazy to spend more time and effort figuring out the alternative. That doesn't really make much sense really.
Fastboot way is really quite quick and easy once you've done it even just once.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Let me transcribe that statement.
.85v2 were made using sources from OB3
and .86 - using stable release sources - updated sources, so it should work with both OB and Stable channel, and even more of that, with old 8.1 ROMs
v85 for oreo, v86 for Pie (including OB4).
blu_spark r46 also works nicely on OB4 for those wondering :)

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs
No, osm0sis already corrected, read what he wrote, I confused with something else we were discussing at the time.
For me is always from TWRP ro TWRP, I never flash anything without a PC nearby.
Professional hazard ;)

Sent from my blu_spark'd Oneplus 6

Last edited:

Glsoto

Apr 18, 2011
Lol, all these questions while the answers are already given.. sigh..
Let me post a positive note..
Flashed new recovery and kernel without issues and working fantastic!

So, just to be sure I am not making any mistake..

Have TWRP .85v2 running on Pie Stable, no custom kernel so far.

If I want to flash, new TWRP v86and bluespark kernel. I have to :

Boot into recovery
Delete TWRp settings
Flash twrp v86.
Boot into recovery again
reboot system

then inside rom, go to frank updater app and flash bluespark kernel,

PD: before this I will make a backup of stock kernel

Is this procedure correct

Thank you for your help

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

First of all, thx for the great twrp and kernel. Keep on the good work :)

If I would like to update the twrp itself, do I need to uninstall magisk first or just flash twrp and it's done?

Or flash twrp + magisk again + kernel? (kernel after magisk or before?)

Regards
Have the same question... What did you do ??

DevrimSeven60

Jun 6, 2016
It's a full OB3 boot.img with twrp.
It's to fastboot flash, not to fastboot boot.
After flashing, reboot to recovery from fastboot screen or with adb reboot from ROM.

This is only to help out people that were stuck and want a working recovery, let's not hijack this thread into a ROM/TWRP support thread please.

Also don't flash blu_spark kernel on OB3, we will need updated source for OB3 from Oneplus.

Sent from my blu_spark'd Oneplus 6

hello. I need help me..
OPENBETA3 I installed this module magiskden to my oneplus 6 device installed in rom. I installed the system backup from twrp (bluspark v9.85) before installing.

When I set up the module and restart it, the screen was opened and closed, it was not possible to enter magisk manager.

Twrpye and I said 'restore system'. When the Restore process was completed, I said reboot system and went into fastboot mode.

I can't boot to the phone and write twrp. Fastboot is entering mode every time I restart.

I need to save my data. I don't want to flash fastboot rum.

I tried many commands, twrp and boot. But every time the fastboot opens.

limafranco

Jun 6, 2012
Several times mention about formatting, but not exactly what (system/data/internal/what else)
So it's not clear, maybe for you, as dev.
UFOs *starts x-files theme*

This is answered and explained several times already, use the damn search button.

The file remove should suffice, but sometimes the folder get's permissions messed up. So I rename the folder, let TWRP respawn it and copy the backup files after.

Enviado de meu ONEPLUS A6003 usando o Tapatalk

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Several times mention about formatting, but not exactly what (system/data/internal/what else)
So it's not clear, maybe for you, as dev.

Enviado de meu ONEPLUS A6003 usando o Tapatalk
No it's pretty clear allright, nothing to do with being a dev or not.
Search better, search harder.

Sent from my blu_spark'd Oneplus 5T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blu_spark_r155 release

New build is up!

This kernel is unified, good on OP6/6T.
    You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app :highfive:
    FKM download configs: oos

Changelog:
    • Build with blu_gcc-10.3 synced with latest toolchain components
    • Synchronize codes for Oneplus 6/6T OxygenOS 10.3.9
    • BACKPORT: lib/lzo: implement run-length encoding (zram default now, better compress/speed ratio)
    • BACKPORT: crypto: acomp - add asynchronous compression api, add driver-side scomp interface
    • BACKPORT: GKI: hwtracing: Add a driver for disabling coresight clocks (backport from Pixel 5, less idle draw)
    • Enable link-time dead code/data elimination
    • Further disable audit
    • defconfig: remove some cruft, enable ZSTD
    • Remove some logspam
    • AnyKernel3 sync
    • For root, stable Magisk 22.1 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)
    Is anyone using lastest verison (r152) with OOS 10.3.9 (lastest update)? I don't know if there's any change on kernel side or it would work without problems...

Thanks!
    Works just fine. I am using it since 10.3.9 was released, no issues.
    Sorry if this is a noob question. Is 155 OOS only? I did not see a custom ROM link.
    I don't have time to support custom ROMs anymore, OOS only sorry.
    Sorry if this is a noob question. Is 155 OOS only? I did not see a custom ROM link.

That's not a noob question.
    Just read the post of the dev directly under your post carefully till the end and your question will be magically answered.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with custom toolchain blu_gcc-10.3 (cortex-a75.cortex-a55 targeted, build from gcc-10.3.0 snapshot with latest bleeding edge components)
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP6 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes
    • Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sdm845 patchset
    • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • Patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Stock thermal driver by default
    • ZRAM Swap (LZO-RLE default) and with file disabled, LZ4 and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • KLAPSE support (v5.0)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • Battery/Notification LED control
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

FKM download configs: oos | custom
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op6
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 6 development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Manu J. for being such a supportive person.
    blu_spark r3

All right crew!

First build of you favourite kernel for OnePlus devices is up :highfive:
    Go get it peeps :good:

We have a nice baseline to work with, almost 80% of the usual goodies are merged in :victory:
    More stuff to come on the upcoming builds, stay tuned!

blu_spark_r3-oos_op6_272f0a3.zip

• Initial build with Linaro 4.9-2017.01 (blu_naro-7.3 soon)
    • Synchronize codes for OxygenOS 5.1.3
    • Lot's of goodies merged in, just check the OP and github
    • Use AnyKernel2 installer(thanks to @osm0sis)

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

No mirrors please
    pp-acceptance-small.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)
    blu_spark extras v9.96 (Pie only)

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-9.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.
    Delete your twrp settings or else issues may arise if coming from other version besides blu_spark.
    note: I will not use xda upload system anymore, all files in github from now on.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.96_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.96_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.96
    • Hide navbar while running operations (notch)
    • minuitwrp: Remove unused variables
    • Hide navbar while running operations
    • Fix build error on Pie with TW_NO_LEGACY_PROPS := true
    • Revert "updater: Remove dead make_parents()."
    • toybox: create getprop symlink on SDK 27
    • Fix Check_Lifetime_Writes on AB devices
    • Add metadata decrypt support for FBE
    • libminuitwrp updates for Pixel 3 devices
    • minuitwrp: Fix detection of libdrm on Pie
    • twrp: Fix unsigned compare compile warning.
    • minuitwrp: Support haptics drivers registered with LED class framework
    • minuitwrp: Respect TARGET_RECOVERY_PIXEL_FORMAT config.
    • Device specific changes here

Wakelock blocker info and example script

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).
    If your cat get's on fire you're on your own ;p

No mirrors please
    blu_spark extras v9.93 (Pie only)

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-9.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.
    Delete your twrp settings or else issues may arise if coming from other version besides blu_spark.
    note: I will not use xda upload system anymore, all files in github from now on.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.93_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.93_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.93
    • ORS: Use built in check for AB devices to determine where cache is stored on the device.
    • TWRP HAL: add HAL for slot management.
    • fix 'bootable/recovery/partition.cpp:1476:158: error: format specifies type...
    • minuitwrp: Fix int sign error in fbdev
    • vold_decrypt: use ANDROID_ROOT for additional compatibility
    • Include weaver library in 9.0 trees
    • Fix building in Lineage 16.0
    • Add New Portrait Notch Theme

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).

No mirrors please
    blu_spark extras v9.85 v2

All right crew!

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with current (and probably upcoming) Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85v2_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85v2_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.85 v2
    • Improved support for Pie ROMs including OB3

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

No mirrors please
    pp-acceptance-small.png

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone