[KERNEL] [blu_spark r178 OP6/T] [A11 OOS]

Search This thread

Stoowyguy

Account currently disabled
Dec 23, 2012
Lake in The Hills
Check your user apps on greenify that they are hibernating, and cleanly install Oxygen OS 10.3.7 twice with bluspark r146.... (you'll know os is installed clean when emojis work and settings has india partition ad). last word of advice notice your battery heath in fkm changes depending upon your charging method. If I rapid charge I may only get about 70% capacity over ~85% when I charge at like 7W. (cable charge). leave kernel settings. his script annoyingly will force zen and schedutil.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
blu_spark_r149 release

New build is up :highfive:

This kernel is unified, good on OP6/6T.
You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:
FKM download configs: oos | custom

Changelog:
  • Added some build changes/improvements
  • Remove a couple logging and debug cruft
  • wireguard updates, added to tree (v1.0.20201221)
  • AnyKernel3 sync
  • For root, stable Magisk 21.3 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)

Mimax2upgrade

Jan 7, 2020
Sorry for newbie questions.
Is blu_spark compatible with LOS 17.1 (i assume yes, minding the post above, but with no guaranty)?
Could blu_spark be installed from LOS recovery by "adb sideload" command?
Wil I loose blu_spark kernel after OTA update from LOS system updater? Or will I loose the OTA updater itself after installing blu_spark?
Will I get the Dash charge mode with blu_spark and LOS17.1? (that's the main reason for asking this stupid questions :))
Thanks!

Last edited:

sohailss111

Sep 5, 2013
Hi,

I came back to this kernel after a long time, and I'm glad I did. My battery life has really become noticeably better, especially the standby time.

With light usage, this is what I was able to get.

And the best part - performance is equally great.

Thanks, dev!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-113334.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-113334.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20210121-113348.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-113348.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: eng.stk
D

Deleted member 4588976

Has anyone noticed if their phone has become slower and jerky since the installation of 149? The effect on my phone is dramatic and restarting it doesn't help. No changes in installed apps if you wonder.

OP6 running the latest OOS with Magisk 21.4.

I'll revert back to the previous version once I get back home, to make sure it's a real effect, but in the meantime I thought of asking...

Has anyone noticed if their phone has become slower and jerky since the installation of 149? The effect on my phone is dramatic and restarting it doesn't help. No changes in installed apps if you wonder.

I'll revert back to the previous version once I get back home, to make sure it's a real effect, but in the meantime I thought of asking...
I have noticed it on my 6T.
Restarting helps but after a little bit it gets slower again...

Latest OOS and Magisk 21.4 as well.

D

Deleted member 4588976

I went back to 146 and the phone is back to normal. I can assure everybody that this is no "psychological" effect: the difference is significant, very obvious, in particular the stuttering.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
I went back to 146 and the phone is back to normal. I can assure everybody that this is no "psychological" effect: the difference is significant, very obvious, in particular the stuttering.
Yet my device (and most people by the looks of it) is normal.
There's no changes to induce that imo, but feel free to escrutinate the source and let me know.

ps: also
  • For root, stable Magisk 21.3 or newer is mandatory
21.4 at the time of writing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4588976

Yet my device (and most people people by the looks of it) is normal.
There's no changes to induce that imo, but feel free to escrutinate the source and let me know.

Dear eng.stk, I pretty much expected such an answer.

I can only tell you what I see, and what I see is quite obvious. More than that I can't say. It's up to you to use this information or not.

I have developed software for more years that I care to admit and, frankly, I learned pretty soon that bugs can sometimes be very devious: almost non-reproducible and very well hidden.

Also, I have to turn down your offer to look into the code. I'm sure that you perfectly know that my chances to find a bug in the kernel code without any previous knowledge of the codebase are for all practical purposes equal to zero.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Dear eng.stk, I pretty much expected such an answer.

I can only tell you what I see, and what I see is quite obvious. More than that I can't say. It's up to you to use this information or not.

I have developed software for more years that I care to admit and, frankly, I learned pretty soon that bugs can sometimes be very devious: almost non-reproducible and very well hidden.

Also, I have to turn down your offer to look into the code. I'm sure that you perfectly know that my chances to find a bug in the kernel code without any previous knowledge of the codebase are for all practical purposes equal to zero.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
You can't send a "I know better" postcard and expect to be not treated as a peer.
Say say doesn't work mate, either you provide meaningful info on your case or go dance in the rain naked, the effect unfortunately is pretty much the same.

This is a project with 33104 downloads and counting (just the ones on github releases only, which I didn't use since the start I think, because devdb). So I don't take things lightly.
I can't replicate any of that (neither the other 257 people), already explained the why's and the how on my answer.
Also the changes (15 commits) between those versions are not drastic and given I already have them in other devices...

Sure there's always people with issues. And most of the time those have nothing to do with kernel.
For almost a decade now cracking on xda, for any " I flashed this and *insert random event* happened" if I got a dollar I would be rich.

So, doing exactly what with your "information"?
You provided zero usable troubleshoot info.
No replicable and detailed steps on the events, no logs pinpointing a potential bug, no audit and/or code bissect...

I always try to get fixes and improvements on board and take serious bug report seriously. I work between reason, show me stuff.
But if you expect me to go on wild goose chase based on a "trust me", think again. I just don't time for this kind of stuff anymore.

Stay safe.

D

Deleted member 4588976

Talk about "I know better" attitude... You could have asked for logs or more information. I would have happily obliged. But, hey, it's your project, you do as you wish.

You're not going to miss one user, I'm not going to miss your kernel. Life goes on.

Bye.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Talk about "I know better" attitude... You could have asked for logs or more information. I would have happily obliged. But, hey, it's your project, you do as you wish.

You're not going to miss one user, I'm not going to miss your kernel. Life goes on.

Bye.
Understand one thing: nobody owes you anything.
You're the one obliged to read the OP and provide meaningfull info instead of say say and make me loose time for nothing.
I simply just don't have time to fool around.

I knew exactly where you were going with this, self entitlement and rudeness are not welcome in my threads.
Firecrackers come and go, but eventually they all burnout.

I already lost more time with you than you deserve it seems.
Good riddance.

Last edited:

Mimax2upgrade

Jan 7, 2020
Ouch! I thought than nobody is watching this thread, but it seems that nobody is watching particular my questions. Aren't they really deserve no response? :ROFLMAO:

finotti

Dec 16, 2012
Knoxville
OnePlus 6
Ouch! I thought than nobody is watching this thread, but it seems that nobody is watching particular my questions. Aren't they really deserve no response? :ROFLMAO:

I assume you've received no answer because the answer is in the first post:

I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root).

You can try it on LOS, but it seems it is not tested, and I assume not recommended. But you can try it yourself.

Reactions: Mimax2upgrade

jonathanrajya3

Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 6
After flashing r149 on oos 10.3.8 OnePlus 6 the OnePlus slate font changed to italics also none of the emojis show up in keyboard , no magisk or anything of that sort, flashed it using official twrp 3.5.0_9-0, how do I change the font back to normal OnePlus slate?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-134654.jpg
    Screenshot_20210128-134654.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20210128-135441.jpg
    Screenshot_20210128-135441.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Kurtinaitis

Sep 9, 2018
OnePlus 6
After flashing r149 on oos 10.3.8 OnePlus 6 the OnePlus slate font changed to italics also none of the emojis show up in keyboard , no magisk or anything of that sort, flashed it using official twrp 3.5.0_9-0, how do I change the font back to normal OnePlus slate?
I have 10.3.8 with r149 and everything is Ok for me. It's not the kernel. Probably it has to do with 10.3.8 zip.
I flashed OTA through system updater, TWRP retention Script, magisk in inactive Slot. Then, once i reboot flask r149.

umangtayal

Feb 17, 2019
do a dirty flash!! if that doesn't work, do a clean flash..i am also using the same combo and I didn't face this issue! and try using the latest mauronofrio twrp!! i think official twrp messed up ( since you are not using any magisk mods). also try downloading the update zip from oxygen updater app!

jonathanrajya3

Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 6
I have 10.3.8 with r149 and everything is Ok for me. It's not the kernel. Probably it has to do with 10.3.8 zip.
I flashed OTA through system updater, TWRP retention Script, magisk in inactive Slot. Then, once i reboot flask r149.
But I flashed kernel after updating to 10.3.8 (full ota zip)
Also weirdly emojis doesn't show up only in some apps update: I dirty flashed the rom and did this again and it worked, thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with custom toolchain blu_gcc-12.1 (cortex-a75.cortex-a55 targeted, build from gcc-12.1.0 snapshot with latest bleeding edge components)
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP6 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes
    • Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sdm845 patchset
    • No OC, use 250HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • ZRAM Swap (LZ4 default) and with file disabled, LZO-RLE and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • KLAPSE support (v5.0)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • Battery/Notification LED control
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with FKM, EXKM, Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    FKM download configs: oos | custom
    Extras download location
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op6
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 6 development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Manu J. for being such a supportive person.
    blu_spark r3

All right crew!

First build of you favourite kernel for OnePlus devices is up :highfive:
    Go get it peeps :good:

We have a nice baseline to work with, almost 80% of the usual goodies are merged in :victory:
    More stuff to come on the upcoming builds, stay tuned!

blu_spark_r3-oos_op6_272f0a3.zip

• Initial build with Linaro 4.9-2017.01 (blu_naro-7.3 soon)
    • Synchronize codes for OxygenOS 5.1.3
    • Lot's of goodies merged in, just check the OP and github
    • Use AnyKernel2 installer(thanks to @osm0sis)

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

No mirrors please
    pp-acceptance-small.png

Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)
    blu_spark extras v9.96 (Pie only)

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-9.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.
    Delete your twrp settings or else issues may arise if coming from other version besides blu_spark.
    note: I will not use xda upload system anymore, all files in github from now on.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.96_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.96_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.96
    • Hide navbar while running operations (notch)
    • minuitwrp: Remove unused variables
    • Hide navbar while running operations
    • Fix build error on Pie with TW_NO_LEGACY_PROPS := true
    • Revert "updater: Remove dead make_parents()."
    • toybox: create getprop symlink on SDK 27
    • Fix Check_Lifetime_Writes on AB devices
    • Add metadata decrypt support for FBE
    • libminuitwrp updates for Pixel 3 devices
    • minuitwrp: Fix detection of libdrm on Pie
    • twrp: Fix unsigned compare compile warning.
    • minuitwrp: Support haptics drivers registered with LED class framework
    • minuitwrp: Respect TARGET_RECOVERY_PIXEL_FORMAT config.
    • Device specific changes here

Wakelock blocker info and example script

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).
    If your cat get's on fire you're on your own ;p

No mirrors please
    blu_spark extras v9.93 (Pie only)

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-9.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.
    Delete your twrp settings or else issues may arise if coming from other version besides blu_spark.
    note: I will not use xda upload system anymore, all files in github from now on.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.93_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.93_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.93
    • ORS: Use built in check for AB devices to determine where cache is stored on the device.
    • TWRP HAL: add HAL for slot management.
    • fix 'bootable/recovery/partition.cpp:1476:158: error: format specifies type...
    • minuitwrp: Fix int sign error in fbdev
    • vold_decrypt: use ANDROID_ROOT for additional compatibility
    • Include weaver library in 9.0 trees
    • Fix building in Lineage 16.0
    • Add New Portrait Notch Theme

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).

No mirrors please
    blu_spark extras v9.85 v2

All right crew!

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with current (and probably upcoming) Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85v2_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85v2_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.85 v2
    • Improved support for Pie ROMs including OB3

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

No mirrors please
    pp-acceptance-small.png