[KERNEL] [blu_spark r159 OP7/T/Pro] [A11 OOS]

Search This thread

Galaxea

Jun 17, 2010
I have never had an issue after flashing this kernel before, but this latest version "might" have disabled my recents gesture (swipe up and hold). That is the only thing that I updated when it stopped working. Reflashing, and flashing the previous version has not resolved it so I am wondering if it is even the kernel??

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
I have never had an issue after flashing this kernel before, but this latest version "might" have disabled my recents gesture (swipe up and hold). That is the only thing that I updated when it stopped working. Reflashing, and flashing the previous version has not resolved it so I am wondering if it is even the kernel??
Nothing to do with kernel.

Reactions: dobi3

Sachinkjohn

Jan 10, 2016
I was using this kernel. But it seems like all the apps are going into sleep and won't receive any notifications. Only after opening the apps the notifications pops up. It only happens after some minutes of inactivity. I think the phone goes to doze mode and cuts off notifications. I even tried turning it into system apps... Issue still there. Anyone had the same issue or can help please? I'm on the latest oos stable build 10.0.11

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
I was using this kernel. But it seems like all the apps are going into sleep and won't receive any notifications. Only after opening the apps the notifications pops up. It only happens after some minutes of inactivity. I think the phone goes to doze mode and cuts off notifications. I even tried turning it into system apps... Issue still there. Anyone had the same issue or can help please? I'm on the latest oos stable build 10.0.11
Nothing to do with kernel.

Arrowblue

Jan 21, 2013
Antwerpen
Look into wakelocks.

Loercase

Oct 2, 2017
I just want to say thanks eng.stk for the amazing kernel! OnePlus 7pro here and it runs great and has amazing battery life! It's a real game changer, thank you for all the hard work and maintaience of this!

Reactions: Karmugil123

JF-GINO

Apr 30, 2011
Toronto
Hey, Been using the kernel for awhile & never had problems till now...
in your latest Kernel, I flashed and after about a week my phone froze so I flashed an older version Ver19 - which worked well before and now every time I reboot my apps force close... If I clear all there cache etc. then they work again until the next reboot and then its the same crap again,.. how should I fix this? going to stock does not help.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
OnePlus 7
Hey, Been using the kernel for awhile & never had problems till now...
in your latest Kernel, I flashed and after about a week my phone froze so I flashed an older version Ver19 - which worked well before and now every time I reboot my apps force close... If I clear all there cache etc. then they work again until the next reboot and then its the same crap again,.. how should I fix this? going to stock does not help.
Are you sure it's the kernel? Google updated Android Webview last night which caused the same issues you're describing. They have since pushed another one to fix it (at least I think so since nothing here is crashing after the update this morning), so maybe check for updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys just readownload r159, had a cuple derps form testing in op8 and op9 with poor outcome in some situations.

blu_spark_r159 release

New build is up!

This kernel is unified, good to go on OP7/T/Pro (I only can test on Pro's).
    You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:
    FKM download configs: oos

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.6 + LLD linker
    • cpufreq: schedutil: make iowait boost on by default
    • defconfig: enable BBR TCP congestion algo
    • defconfig: Disable EDAC
    • binder: Stub out debug prints by default
    • Couple of build improvements
    • Change some runtime inits to improve UX
    • AnyKernel3 updates sync
    • For root, stable Magisk 23.0 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)
    Just ugraded to 11.0.1.1

Can we/i use r158 kernel on it?
    I'm using it on my OP7T Pro :cool:
    Is there any reason in particular you chose to compile with O2 instead of O3?
    It generally produces larger and unsafer code.
    Also never noticed real performance gains with it.
    I gave up on it years ago.
    Are there any problems with 11.0.1.1?
    I think morons from oneplus did not release sources for 11.0.1.1 so there is nothing to merge yet.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with Google Clang version 12.0.6 + LLD linker
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP7 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150 for max stability
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sm8150 patchset
    • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • Patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Stock thermal driver by default
    • ZRAM Swap (LZO-RLE default) and with file disabled, LZ4 and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

FKM download configs: oos | custom
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op7
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 7T Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Manu J. for being such a supportive person.
    blu_spark r107 release (A10 unified)

New build is up :highfive:

You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:

blu_spark_r107 release
    • CAF updates devfreq, qseecom
    • wireguard updates (v1.0.20200712)
    • For root, stable Magisk 20.4 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

No mirrors please
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)
    blu_spark r60 release (Android 10 unified)

All right crew!

First build for the 7T/Pro is up :highfive:
    This kernel is unified, good to go on OP7/T/Pro (I only can test on Pro).

blu_spark_r60 release

• All the goodies available from OP7/Pro
    • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 7T Pro Oxygen OS 10.0.1
    • CAF updates f2fs, dm-verity/init, mm, crypto drv, devfreq, etc
    • fs: exfat: version 2.2.0-3arter97
    • AnyKernel3 updates
    • If you use root, Magisk 20.1 or newer is mandatory

I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

No mirrors please
    blu_spark r109 release (A10 unified)

Some goodies from op8 dev inside, enjoy!

blu_spark_r109 release
    • build with blu_gcc-10.2 (from gcc-10.2 snapshot and latest toolchain components)
    • defconfig: remove some cruft
    • selinux: don't require auditing
    • arm64: move GCC version check for ARCH_SUPPORTS_INT128 to Kconfig
    • arm64: support __int128 with clang, support __int128 on gcc 5+
    • wireguard updates (v1.20200729)

No mirrors please
    blu_spark r111 release (A10 unified)

blu_spark_r111 release
    • Synchronize codes for HD1907 Oxygen OS 10.0.10.HD63CB
    • Input: add safety guards to input_set_keycode()
    • Revert "kbuild: Increase automatic inline instruction limit to 1000
    • update wifi module (custom)

No mirrors please
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone