- Build with custom toolchain Linaro GCC 4.9.4 2017.01
- Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
- Less is more: stockish builds from BKL-L04 EMUI126.96.36.199 source drop
- Systemless installer (doesn't touch system/vendor partition, OTA friendly)
- Removed some debug and logging options
- ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
- CVE security patches, general upstream and miscellaneous fixes
- Several CPU Governors (blu_active modded own governor by default - fastlane mode available!)
- cpu-boost CAF driver ported for kirin with some added improvements (Dynamic Stune Boost included)
- No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
- Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks and updated drivers
- Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, tweaked and upstreamed filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS) (WIP)
- Removed verify and doesn't force encryption, patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS (WIP)
- Stock thermal driver by default
- Optimized crypto routines (WIP)
- Swap and ZRAM off by default
- Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel an FPR) (WIP)
- Graphic stack fixes and reworked GPU driver
- USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
- Battery/Notification LED control (WIP)
- FS fsync toggle on/off
- Wakelock blockers available
- zx2c4's wireguard support
- CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
- init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU], /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d [Magisk])
- Compatible with Kernel Adiutor and others
DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP (No mirrors please)
Warning: If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> if you want root flash SuperSU or Magisk (default, no plugins/modules) -> flash blu_spark.
If you are already rooted or upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock EMUI with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with modules, etc.
If you're using custom ROMs (including EMUI based ones) you're on your own. I'm only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable EMUI.
Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
Also don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs, Recovery/TWRP troubleshoots and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.
Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem (systemless).
You can backup your ramdisk.img and kernel.img with TWRP before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.
If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free
Honor View 10 development unit donated by Honor USA. Big shouts to them
Special thanks to @[email protected]_USA for being such a supportive person.
blu_spark kernel for Honor View 10, Kernel for the Honor View 10
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/view10
Kernel Special Features: Powered by sparky
Current Stable Version: r16
Stable Release Date: 2018-05-31
Current Beta Version: r8
Beta Release Date: 2018-04-30
Last Updated 2019-11-29