• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[KERNEL] [blu_spark r160 OP6/T] [A10 OOS]

Search This thread

thugslug

Feb 21, 2018
Sydney
Easy stuff. How do I actually get into TWRP though?
Mate - this is a kernel thread and I shouldn't have even answered that here. I didn't realise how long out of it you seem to be.
Check out the thread on installing twrp & magisk on OOS/beta and read the directions..
Older posts may say blu_spark twrp isn't working with Q, but it sure is now. Pls ask it all there after you read to save cluttering up his kernel thread with all this. Thanks & good luck. You'll get there again.

Sh0X31

Mar 27, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
Hi,

Why FKM don't safe the changes at the little and big cluster. I change the minimum cpu frequency to 300MHz (little) and 825MHz (big) but when I switch to Dashboard and go back to CPU and GPU the cpu frequency change to 1612Mhz (little) and 1536 (big). Why it don't safe the changes :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200227-092935.jpg
    Screenshot_20200227-092935.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 967
Hi,

Why FKM don't safe the changes at the little and big cluster. I change the minimum cpu frequency to 300MHz (little) and 825MHz (big) but when I switch to Dashboard and go back to CPU and GPU the cpu frequency change to 1612Mhz (little) and 1536 (big). Why it don't safe the changes :(
Because it doesn't work like that. The frequencies are controlled by the system. It doesn't mean that if it shows 1612 as minimum frequency, that's the real frequency. It scales to 576 for little core when the system asks to, for example.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
blu_spark 118 release (A10 unified)

New build is up :highfive:
This kernel is unified, good on OP6/6T.
Custom ROM variant will only support ROMs that follow CAF/AOSP wifi module usage (I tested on OMNI). So if you use a custom ROM with builtin driver, you're out of luck.
Also checkout latest recommended OP6 blu_spark extras with blu_twrp v9.109 (A10 support).
You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:

This is only for Android 10 ROMs!

blu_spark_r118release
FKM download configs: oos | custom
  • Synchronize codes for Oneplus 6T OxygenOS 10.3.2/ Oneplus 6 OxygenOS 10.3.2
  • techpack: Synchronize codes for Oneplus 6T OxygenOS 10.3.2/ Oneplus 6 OxygenOS 10.3.2
  • wireguard updates (v0.0.20200215)
  • Update wifi module for custom ROMs
  • AnyKernel3 updates
  • If you use root, Magisk 20.1 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

elSkelet

Sep 3, 2017
Priozersk
New build is up :highfive:
Custom ROM variant will only support ROMs that follow CAF/AOSP wifi module usage (I tested on OMNI). So if you use a custom ROM with builtin driver, you're out of luck.
Also checkout latest recommended OP6 blu_spark extras with blu_twrp v9.109 (A10 support).
You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:

This is only for Android 10 ROMs!

blu_spark_r118release

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

Hi, why is the kernel for OP6 / 6T, and TWRP only for 6? Wait for the current TWRP for 6T? Thanks .:confused:

Stoowyguy

Dec 23, 2012
Lake in The Hills
ULTRA BLU SMOOTHNESS,
I'm affected, the Uber and Google Maps has ample ample performance whilst not undermining battery life in latest revision.
While THE kernels load avg maybe high its alright, I was running blu_schedutil and achieving superb results thank you for the kernel and modded governor on this latest stable GCC 9.2 and 10.3.2

vidumec

Feb 15, 2016
do i need root to use blu_schedutil or is it set by default when installing the kernel? Searched through this thread, and some say the 'schedutil' is default, while some say the opposite

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blu_spark_r160 release

New build is up!

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app :highfive:
    FKM download configs: oos

Changelog:
    • Synchronize codes for Oneplus 6 / Oneplus 6T OxygenOS 10.3.12
    • hwtracing: Add entries from sdm845-coresight (tentative less idle draw)
    • efi/libstub/arm64: link stub lib.a conditionally
    • wireguard updates (v1.0.20210606)
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20210721)
    • For root, stable Magisk 23.0 or newer is mandatory

I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)
    hey @eng.stk, any plan for a working twrp for Android 11 for Enchilada?
    Nope, sorry mate.

We don't even have source for A11 on OP6 :)
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with custom toolchain blu_gcc-11.1 (cortex-a75.cortex-a55 targeted, build from gcc-11.1.0 snapshot with latest bleeding edge components)
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP6 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes
    • Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sdm845 patchset
    • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • Patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Stock thermal driver by default
    • ZRAM Swap (LZO-RLE default) and with file disabled, LZ4 and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • KLAPSE support (v5.0)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • Battery/Notification LED control
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

(No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op6
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 6 development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Manu J. for being such a supportive person.
    blu_spark r3

All right crew!

First build of you favourite kernel for OnePlus devices is up :highfive:
    Go get it peeps :good:

We have a nice baseline to work with, almost 80% of the usual goodies are merged in :victory:
    More stuff to come on the upcoming builds, stay tuned!

blu_spark_r3-oos_op6_272f0a3.zip

• Initial build with Linaro 4.9-2017.01 (blu_naro-7.3 soon)
    • Synchronize codes for OxygenOS 5.1.3
    • Lot's of goodies merged in, just check the OP and github
    • Use AnyKernel2 installer(thanks to @osm0sis)

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.

No mirrors please
    pp-acceptance-small.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)
    blu_spark extras v9.96 (Pie only)

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-9.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.
    Delete your twrp settings or else issues may arise if coming from other version besides blu_spark.
    note: I will not use xda upload system anymore, all files in github from now on.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.96_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.96_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.96
    • Hide navbar while running operations (notch)
    • minuitwrp: Remove unused variables
    • Hide navbar while running operations
    • Fix build error on Pie with TW_NO_LEGACY_PROPS := true
    • Revert "updater: Remove dead make_parents()."
    • toybox: create getprop symlink on SDK 27
    • Fix Check_Lifetime_Writes on AB devices
    • Add metadata decrypt support for FBE
    • libminuitwrp updates for Pixel 3 devices
    • minuitwrp: Fix detection of libdrm on Pie
    • twrp: Fix unsigned compare compile warning.
    • minuitwrp: Support haptics drivers registered with LED class framework
    • minuitwrp: Respect TARGET_RECOVERY_PIXEL_FORMAT config.
    • Device specific changes here

Wakelock blocker info and example script

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).
    If your cat get's on fire you're on your own ;p

No mirrors please
    blu_spark extras v9.93 (Pie only)

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-9.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.
    Delete your twrp settings or else issues may arise if coming from other version besides blu_spark.
    note: I will not use xda upload system anymore, all files in github from now on.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.93_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.93_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.93
    • ORS: Use built in check for AB devices to determine where cache is stored on the device.
    • TWRP HAL: add HAL for slot management.
    • fix 'bootable/recovery/partition.cpp:1476:158: error: format specifies type...
    • minuitwrp: Fix int sign error in fbdev
    • vold_decrypt: use ANDROID_ROOT for additional compatibility
    • Include weaver library in 9.0 trees
    • Fix building in Lineage 16.0
    • Add New Portrait Notch Theme

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).

No mirrors please
    blu_spark extras v9.85 v2

All right crew!

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.3+, name changing to reflect base 9.version, full compatible with current (and probably upcoming) Pie stuff. There's a fastboot bootable img and a zip installer.

twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85v2_op6.img
    twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85v2_op6.zip

• build: TWRP 3.2.3-x | blu_spark v9.85 v2
    • Improved support for Pie ROMs including OB3

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

No mirrors please
    pp-acceptance-small.png