• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [blu_spark r162 OP7/T/Pro] [A11 OOS]

Search This thread

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
You're not getting root it seems
or derped busybox/app
@osm0sis ?
Yeah looks like something EX/@flar2 needs to fix. I had to do something similar for FK Manager a while back, now that sbin is gone from PATH in Android 11.

For FKM it was as simple as adding it back within the switchroot environment so all the busybox applets in switchroot's sbin would be on the PATH again:

Code:
# add /sbin back to PATH for switchroot environment on Android 11+
case $PATH in
  /sbin:*) ;;
  *) export PATH=/sbin:$PATH;;
esac;

Last edited:

Deus.

Apr 25, 2016
Biatorbágy
roth.su
Hi all,
Is there any way to install this kernel without root permission? Not because I don't know how to install Magisk, but because then my banking app (what I use daily) won't work; hence my phone cannot be rooted. So, is there a way to flash it through fastboot, for example?
I tried if I rooting my phone, install the kernel with FKM, then remove Magisk, but then the kernel is also vanished.

Last edited:

kallekula33

Dec 12, 2008
Fesröv
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 5
Yeah looks like something EX/@flar2 needs to fix. I had to do something similar for FK Manager a while back, now that sbin is gone from PATH in Android 11.

For FKM it was as simple as adding it back within the switchroot environment so all the busybox applets in switchroot's sbin would be on the PATH again:

Code:
# add /sbin back to PATH for switchroot environment on Android 11+
case $PATH in
  /sbin:*) ;;
  *) export PATH=/sbin:$PATH;;
esac;
Hi, thanks for the reply and instruction on how to make it work. The only question is where do I add this? Is it some file I need to edit?

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hi all,
Is there any way to install this kernel without root permission? Not because I don't know how to install Magisk, but because then my banking app (what I use daily) won't work; hence my phone cannot be rooted. So, is there a way to flash it through fastboot, for example?
I tried if I rooting my phone, install the kernel with FKM, then remove Magisk, but then the kernel is also vanished.

fastboot boot or flash TWRP or Lineage Recovery, it's a flashable zip and will install there as well.

Hi, thanks for the reply and instruction on how to make it work. The only question is where do I add this? Is it some file I need to edit?

First line of my reply; the EXKM dev @flar2 needs to fix it. You can use TWRP or FKM to install it in the meantime.

Last edited:
Reactions: eng.stk

kallekula33

Dec 12, 2008
Fesröv
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 5
fastboot boot or flash TWRP or Lineage Recovery, it's a flashable zip and will install there as well.

First line of my reply; the EXKM dev @flar2 needs to fix it. You can use TWRP or FKM to install it in the meantime.
I don't use TWRP for my phone. Major noob question, what is FKM? I use EX kernel manager, is that same thing or something different?

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't use TWRP for my phone. Major noob question, what is FKM? I use EX kernel manager, is that same thing or something different?

You don't need to "use TWRP" for your phone, just `fastboot boot` it temporarily so that you can flash or sideload the kernel zip and stay unrooted..

Note you will unfortunately lose some of the optimizations and tweaks @eng.stk has made if you flash unrooted since the kernel uses root to set some of them at boot time, but it should still be better than stock.

FKM is Franco Kernel Manager by @franciscofranco, and is similar to EXKM but has some different features (like adding a kernel to the flasher/updater using a config file, mentioned in the OP here), and I am directly involved in the development of the flashing setup so you can be pretty guaranteed it'll stay working. 🤠😎

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
hi and thank you for answering my question. Unfortunately the last TWRP release doesn't load at all with OOS11, as far as I know due to encryption issues. I don't know if the Lineage Recovery works, tho.
TWRP doesn't need to decrypt, just get to the menu so you can flash/sideload the zip, but there are working TWRPs now, last time I checked..

7 & 7 Pro: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-11-unofficial-teamwin-recovery-project.4289455/

7T & 7T Pro: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-teamwin-recovery-project-7t-7t-pro.4299171/

Reactions: Deus.

Deus.

Apr 25, 2016
Biatorbágy
roth.su
Reactions: osm0sis

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos

234941c9d553eea76de2067b9b2b30cd.gif

nabbasi

Aug 16, 2012
Anyone having issue with network connection. My phone keep dropping LTE to 3g. But when I am back to stock kernel its fine. My device is oneplus 7 pro.

L0ND0NB0Y

Mar 7, 2020
Yemen
OnePlus 8
Hello @eng.stk really appreciate the great work the kernel is working all good, I was wondering if u could maybe make one with nethunter capabilities "external wifi support and monitor mode" for us dumb guys who can't compile kernels lol. Thx in advance bro and if it happens that u made one and u need a tester I'm up for it. Keep killing it boss.

P.s OOS 10 plz :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: osm0sis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

234941c9d553eea76de2067b9b2b30cd.gif
    There's no blu_spark for custom ROMs nowadays, don't have time or interest for it.
    Builds are OOS only.
    Anyone having issue with network connection. My phone keep dropping LTE to 3g. But when I am back to stock kernel its fine. My device is oneplus 7 pro.
    Kernel doesn't care about any of that, that's radio and HALs.
    R162 is causing wifi drops as soon as I start using wifi after screen turn on. Then it auto connects and works as expected. I'm on 1st iteration of android 11
    Wifi is totally stock, same driver OP uses.
    Sorry Francisco, no offense to you in any way... Just me not being aware, that's it.
    You're forgiven, my child.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with Google Clang version 13.0.2 + LLD linker
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP7 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150 for max stability
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sm8150 patchset
    • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • Patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Stock thermal driver by default
    • ZRAM Swap (LZO-RLE default) and with file disabled, LZ4 and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

FKM download configs: oos | custom
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op7
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 7T Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Manu J. for being such a supportive person.
    blu_spark r107 release (A10 unified)

New build is up :highfive:

This kernel is unified, good to go on OP7/T/Pro (I only can test on Pro's).
    You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:

blu_spark_r107 release
    • CAF updates devfreq, qseecom
    • wireguard updates (v1.0.20200712)
    • For root, stable Magisk 20.4 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

No mirrors please
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)
    blu_spark r60 release (Android 10 unified)

All right crew!

First build for the 7T/Pro is up :highfive:
    This kernel is unified, good to go on OP7/T/Pro (I only can test on Pro).

blu_spark_r60 release

• All the goodies available from OP7/Pro
    • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 7T Pro Oxygen OS 10.0.1
    • CAF updates f2fs, dm-verity/init, mm, crypto drv, devfreq, etc
    • fs: exfat: version 2.2.0-3arter97
    • AnyKernel3 updates
    • If you use root, Magisk 20.1 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

No mirrors please
    blu_spark r109 release (A10 unified)

You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:
    Some goodies from op8 dev inside, enjoy!

blu_spark_r109 release
    • build with blu_gcc-10.2 (from gcc-10.2 snapshot and latest toolchain components)
    • defconfig: remove some cruft
    • selinux: don't require auditing
    • arm64: move GCC version check for ARCH_SUPPORTS_INT128 to Kconfig
    • arm64: support __int128 with clang, support __int128 on gcc 5+
    • wireguard updates (v1.20200729)

No mirrors please
    blu_spark r111 release (A10 unified)

blu_spark_r111 release
    • Synchronize codes for HD1907 Oxygen OS 10.0.10.HD63CB
    • Input: add safety guards to input_set_keycode()
    • Revert "kbuild: Increase automatic inline instruction limit to 1000
    • update wifi module (custom)

No mirrors please