[KERNEL] [blu_spark r32 unified] [OOS 4.0.* / Open Betas / custom ROMs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kenzolo

Jun 14, 2012
Rome
Guys I'm pulling r27 and twrp v12.
I encountered a couple data corruption situations, specially a rather troublesome one (for some people that want to use a lower revision of f2fs, let's say in stock kernel).
I will be keeping the f2fs present on OOS until further notice.

I recommend you backup your working system and put it on PC, USB or similar.
this recovery fix the issue at least for me (app automatically disappear after a reboot)
https://mobile.twitter.com/arter97/status/818768657144680448
seems it include some f2fs commits
take a look ;)

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
this recovery fix the issue at least for me (app automatically disappear after a reboot)
https://mobile.twitter.com/arter97/status/818768657144680448
seems it include some f2fs commits
take a look ;)

Those upstream is the root of some of the trouble.
So no.

Also, running a recovery with upstream f2fs will create trouble for people using stock ROM and kernel.
I noticed this because I was going back and forth OOS 3.5 and 4.0.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Just a OP3 thread repost:

So much confusion goes here, just read people.

r27 had the f2fs 4.10 backports, which I didn't found completly stable. So I reverted them.
Even worse, it will render broken any lower f2fs revision (like in previous -and next - blu_spark, other custom kernels and stock), resulting in all kind of data corruption and so on.
I got it because I use stock kernel to compare and trouble shoot stuff sometimes.
And makes no sense to me having something not retro compatible with stock kernel to gain pretty much nothing.
So be aware, if you use recoverys/ROMs with kernels with this on, you will encounter this situation in the future probably.

You guys with TWRP v12 don't have any issue with data on stock ROM OOS 4/4.0.1?
That would be a first to me, since I could replicate it in OOS 4, OOS 3.5 and OOS 3.2.8.

The twrp v12 was taken down also because it also has the said f2fs changes. For going to other twrp you can use fastboot as any other recovery ( you may need to format data in fastboot also to get it to boot).
Don't clutter the thread with unnecessary stuff.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
blu_sp★rk r28 unified

All right crew!

New build is up. Wicked!

Hopefully this will be the really really the last MM build before N.
Keep in mind if you're on F2fS and flashed blu_spark r27 and/or TWRP v12, you probably will encounter data corruption and trouble booting up when upgrading.
If this the case, backup your stuff to PC and format your data partition.

• build: use newest and improved blu_naro-6.3, build from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.01, with updated components and improvements/fixes
  • Revert f2fs: catch up with 4.10-rc1-3.18
  • cfq-iosched: fix the setting of IOPS mode on SSDs
  • mdss: Fix solid fill unpack pattern, Do not wait for kickoff in display commit
  • ion: Fix typo in ion system secure heap
  • Android: binder: check set_context_mgr permission on time.
  • UPSTREAM: ring-buffer: Prevent overflow of size in ring_buffer_resize()
  • perf: don't leave group_entry on sibling list (use-after-free)
  • qcacld-2.0: Add check to Validate SSID length, Use heap memory for station_info instead of stack
  • BACKPORT: mm: avoid setting up anonymous pages into file mapping
  • ALSA: info: Check for integer overflow in snd_info_entry_write()
  • ion: Fix use after free during ION_IOC_ALLOC, blacklist %p kptr_restrict
  • drivers: video: Add bounds checking in fb_cmap_to_user
  • msm: camera: Avoid exposing kernel addresses
  • net: ipc_router: Register services only on client port
  • UPSTREAM: l2tp: fix racy SOCK_ZAPPED flag check in l2tp_ip{,6}_bind()
  • UPSTREAM: netlink: Fix dump skb leak/double free
  • UPSTREAM: net: avoid signed overflows for SO_{SND|RCV}BUFFORCE

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs or OB. Meaning, if using anything besides stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
I am only interested on debugging stuff in stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
Don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

Here's an updated TWRP blu_spark v14 with all the blu_spark goodies inside:
  • build: TWRP 3.0.3-x | blu_spark v14
    • Fix f2fs building
    • Device changelog here
  • build: TWRP 3.0.3-x | blu_spark v12
    • fix: recently a change in AOSP causes a bootloop to TWRP
    • ADBbackups: Fix wrong owner on binary backups.
    • gui: remove old unmaintained 2.x theme
    • updater: Add LZMA support to blockimg
    • flashutils: additional emmc check
    • Support theme width and height offsets

No support will be given, if your cat get's on fire you're on your own.
Also don't clutter the kernel thread, just sharing, not really after any feedback.

Go get it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=22668

pp-acceptance-small.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

JohnYang1997

Dec 17, 2012
on build 28
I can't set to the frequency i want to. I use ex kernel manager.
i think it wasn't a issue when i was on 25.
the frequency stuck at 1.5 for small core 2.3 for big core.

JohnYang1997

Dec 17, 2012
I just uninstall the kernel totally. I flashed the stock boot.img and cleaned cache dalvik cache and flashed 28 and supersu again. Boom Working good.

bipinbedi

Apr 20, 2011
New Delhi
All right crew!

New build is up. Wicked!

Hopefully this will be the really really the last MM build before N.
Keep in mind if you're on F2fS and flashed blu_spark r27 and/or TWRP v12, you probably will encounter data corruption and trouble booting up when upgrading.
If this the case, backup your stuff to PC and format your data partition.

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs or OB. Meaning, if using anything besides stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
I am only interested on debugging stuff in stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
Don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

Here's an updated TWRP blu_spark v14 with all the blu_spark goodies inside:

No support will be given, if your cat get's on fire you're on your own.
Also don't clutter the kernel thread, just sharing, not really after any feedback.

Go get it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=22668

If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)
I have never touched the file system, it is default and I am using boeffla kernel. Should I flash it right away or do I need to change something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features: