• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [KERNEL] [blu_spark r44 OP9/Pro] [A11 OOS]

Search This thread

tathagatab

Dec 31, 2014
Kolkata
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm on blu_spark #40, and I don't have a backup of the stock boot.img or anything. Is it safe to accept the 11.2.8.8 full OTA (the 3GB+ version)? Or do I need to flash the stock boot first? I don't know where to get it, though.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
I'm on blu_spark #40, and I don't have a backup of the stock boot.img or anything. Is it safe to accept the 11.2.8.8 full OTA (the 3GB+ version)? Or do I need to flash the stock boot first? I don't know where to get it, though.
Stock boot and stock vendor_boot backup prior to flashing kernel. Ota will fail otherwise. Literally one page back I listed stock unlocked global op9 boot.img and vendor boot

Reactions: osm0sis

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Full OTA will overwrite all the partitions, it's what I use.
You will need to reroot and flash blu_spark after reboot to new ROM.

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Could you please add TTL Fixing feature support in the next release?
(It is located in Netfilter -> packet mangling -> "TTL" target support)
Thanks in advance

Logix

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2008
St.Petersburg
OnePlus 9 Pro
Take it to QC and OP, I don't sell phones neither I make client support.
That tends to be paid it seems.

You mean the change that introduces heat and battery drop and it was reverted not long ago? And from what I read is not consensual at all?
C'mon, enough of this mumbo jumbo already.

You guys can paint it all you want, no matter what you do, it's a loose loose situation with this SoC the way is set on this device. Period.
Disable the mitigation in place, you got the performance for a bit until device starts to heat up like a furnace (already has a tendency to do it even throttled down lol) and battery soon goes bye bye.
And if users start coming down in a couple months complaining about silicon degradation, are you the one to provide new phones to them?
People have to be careful with these things. If other projects want to take another path it's up to them, that's why the code is open source.

And it's funny you mention the S21, since there's people complaining about battery not being on par with other S iterations and having a tendency to heat up more than usual.
So much that Samsung is probably bringing back vapor chamber to their lineup which is not present on the S21
Although some devices behave better than others, there is not a single review with snap 888 I checked that doesn't mention the "device has a tendency to heat up" and the "battery isn't grat"... "but it's ok because snap 888 is a power house".
I read crap like this more than once. Like the 865 wasn't a powerhouse that was perfectly powerful and efficient lol.

People may accept what I have to say or not, but that isn't going to change technical (and historical) facts. I'm done with loosing time to this topic.
The problem isn't OP throttling down the device, the problem is that they needed to do that stuff to have a workable device in the first place.
If people can't understand this, I rest my case. There's plenty of threads in which people can't vent all they want, I suggest you guys use that ones and don't clutter this topic again.

TLDR: I will not change anything related to power management on this device. Want to know why, read the rest before lol. The end.
Best tldr ever. Well how about a build for lineage, is that possible since power management is out of question?

rerrot is not necessary. Install full ota and flash magisk after this to the inactive slot.

The process I use is to restore the boot a and b, as well as vendor a and b, then go into Magisk and "uninstall" from there, choosing the "restore images" option (might not be necessary, it might be). I then download the update from OxygenOS (as I'm on the global ROM with root) and install from the OS's system menu (local upgrade). I don't reboot. I instead back up the boot images again, then re-root from Magisk (inactive slot after OTA) and THEN I reboot. Flashing the T-Mobile modem comes after first boot, and that's it.

Anyway, sorry, getting off-topic here...

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
Loving R-40 in every way. So nice and snappy. Zero issues after 2 days

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-201643.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-201643.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 175

mannizyx

Jul 24, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,
i tried to reroot 11.2.8.8 and install TWRP, but now i cant acces storage through TWRP to install zips.
Install current TWRP fails after booting in TWRP through fastboot, i tried changing file system to ext2, ext4 back to f2fs and backup/refreshsizes with no success

still cant mount /data, /recovery, /system and can't mount storage
I asked in TWRP unofficial recovery thread but there is no working solution there for me, only others saying they have the same problem

Since it seems to be working for you guys on blu_spark R40, i'm asking here too, if someone knows what the problem might be, thanks in advance

Hi,
i tried to reroot 11.2.8.8 and install TWRP, but now i cant acces storage through TWRP to install zips.
Install current TWRP fails after booting in TWRP through fastboot, i tried changing file system to ext2, ext4 back to f2fs and backup/refreshsizes with no success

still cant mount /data, /recovery, /system and can't mount storage
I asked in TWRP unofficial recovery thread but there is no working solution there for me, only others saying they have the same problem

Since it seems to be working for you guys on blu_spark R40, i'm asking here too, if someone knows what the problem might be, thanks in advance
They need to make revisions to twrp please look at twrp thread again

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
blu_spark_r44 release

New build is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 9 Pro but it's unified, so should work for the OP9 also.
This build have dts changes and since they reside in vendor_boot, you should backup (or extract from stock) not only boot.img but also vendor_boot.img if you want go to stock.

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app.
FKM download configs: oos

Changelog:
  • Build with Google Clang 13.0.1 + LLD linker
  • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 9/9Pro Oxygen 11.2.8.8.LE25AA
  • Add a couple build improvements
  • Remove some debug and logspam
  • lz4 fixes
  • zram and zsmalloc updates and fixes
  • AnyKernel3 updates (v20210721)
  • For root, Magisk 23.0 or higher is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)

tathagatab

Dec 31, 2014
Kolkata
OnePlus 9 Pro
blu_spark_r44 release

New build is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 9 Pro but it's unified, so should work for the OP9 also.
This build have dts changes and since they reside in vendor_boot, you should backup (or extract from stock) not only boot.img but also vendor_boot.img if you want go to stock.

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app.

Changelog:

Keep in mind:
I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
Everything okay so far on the Indian ROM (DA) 11.2.8.8

Reactions: eng.stk

DashDashCZ

Oct 19, 2014
Czech Republic
Really wanna try blu_spark but idk how to backup vendor_boot as everyone suggests.
Could someone briefly explain how to backup vendor_boot please? When I go into kernel backup in FKM it only asks me for a backup name, does it actually backup both boot and vendor_boot or do I need to something else?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Blu.Spark r44 installed on 11.2.9.9 (9 pro) and all seems good.
    It also works fine on the OP9 (11.2.9.9).
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with Google Clang version 13.0.1 + LLD linker
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP9 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350 for max stability
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system/vendor partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sm8350 patchset
    • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • ZRAM Swap (2GB LZO-RLE default) and with file disabled (2 GB storage gain), LZ4 and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB2 Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • Compatible with FKM, EXKM, Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img/vendor_boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img/vendor_boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op9
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 9 Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud for being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to dev relations team.
    blu_spark_r23 release

First blu_spark build for the OP9 series is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 9 Pro but it's unified, so should work for the OP9 also (need some fixes since code is broken). So backup you boot if you want to test and let me know :)
    Kernel already have some merged goodies and I think I have a good base to work with. For a couple days of work, it's not bad :)
    I'll take a look into more stuff to come, some things in OP are WIP. Stay tuned!

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.5 + LLD linker
    • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 9/Pro Oxygen 11.2.6.6.LE25AA
    • Several build error fixes and quirks handled
    • Compilation improvements an cruf removed
    • Some goodies already merged like filesystem stuff, cpu governor & boost/msm perf, TCP algos, wakelock blocker, vibration and haptic feedback control, gpu adrenoboost, etc
    • All drivers builtin, wifi stack and datarmmnet merged from CAF
    • net/wireguard: merge v1.0.20210424

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).

No mirrors please
    [Thread Cleaned]

Good (or perhaps not so good?) day everyone! I've removed a few posts but left the ones that matter: civilized closure of conflict – social media can learn a thing or two from this. As we sit behind our desks and in our couches (or on a plane, even that's a thing nowadays), protected by that anonymity shield, we easily throw our words out into the world. And sometimes we regret them. Unfortunately, we find it so easy to judge one another for that. But facing the fact that we're all just humans that make mistakes, I believe we know that we shouldn't judge so quickly. Now more than ever; kindness should prevail.

Thank you for your attention and have an energetic day or quiet night in your part of the world. If you need a chat, drop me a line. Just keep our development threads focused on development and mutual respect.

Cheers!
    Timmy
    Forum Moderator
    blu_spark_r30 release

New build is up (y)

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.6 + LLD linker
    • defconfig: enable ld deadcode elimination
    • Silence some logging and debug
    • Add a couple dts tweaks
    • Change some runtime inits to improve UX
    • Reduce zram to 2GB and remove swap file (2GB extra storage!)
    • wireguard updates (v1.0.20210606)
    • AnyKernel3 updates sync (including dtb in vendor_boot support and more variants on the installer by @osm0sis)
    • For root, Magsk 23.0 or higher is mandatory

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r44 release

New build is up (y)

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 13.0.1 + LLD linker
    • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 9/9Pro Oxygen 11.2.8.8.LE25AA
    • Add a couple build improvements
    • Remove some debug and logspam
    • lz4 fixes
    • zram and zsmalloc updates and fixes
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20210721)
    • For root, Magisk 23.0 or higher is mandatory

No mirrors please