[KERNEL] [blu_spark r50] [Marshmallow 6.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Flashed this kernel for the first time earlier today and man I'm pretty impressed! Phone is running super smooth and as cool as a cucumber! Played Asphalt 8 for about 30 minutes and the phone barley got warm!
Nicely done!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: eng.stk

arcane spade

Jun 5, 2012
FYI, i noticed some decent battery drain using r45 with cataclysm, tried fresh install if cataclysm and r45 still drain. Back to r41 and no drain. Not sure what's different but specifically screen off seems worse on r45. I used default settings for cpu/ GPU main adjustments i make is turn on dtw and lower vibration.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
FYI, i noticed some decent battery drain using r45 with cataclysm, tried fresh install if cataclysm and r45 still drain. Back to r41 and no drain. Not sure what's different but specifically screen off seems worse on r45. I used default settings for cpu/ GPU main adjustments i make is turn on dtw and lower vibration.

There's nothing merged that would justify that.
Need more info.

arcane spade

Jun 5, 2012
There's nothing merged that would justify that.
Need more info.

Yeah I'm no dev but I didn't see anything in battery stats or wake locks showing a cause. I just noticed screen off and over night battery drain and didn't see any culprit on in better battery stats, just didn't seem to be dozing very well. Going back to R41 fixed it.

BTW your kernel is awesome and greatly appreciate the work. R41 is still flawless for me.

Not sure what kind of info/logs i can give you to help but if you want it let me know what I can do. Maybe just anomaly on mine if no one else has similar.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah I'm no dev but I didn't see anything in battery stats or wake locks showing a cause. I just noticed screen off and over night battery drain and didn't see any culprit on in better battery stats, just didn't seem to be dozing very well. Going back to R41 fixed it.

BTW your kernel is awesome and greatly appreciate the work. R41 is still flawless for me.

Not sure what kind of info/logs i can give you to help but if you want it let me know what I can do. Maybe just anomaly on mine if no one else has similar.

If you see nothing...

Only thing I can think of is the LMK doing too much background work, we'll check it out thanks.

ancidroide

Oct 27, 2013
Hi! I'm using your kernel with velocity Rom and everything is fine... But I would like to unencrypt my nexus 6??? Please could you help me???

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Hi! I'm using your kernel with velocity Rom and everything is fine... But I would like to unencrypt my nexus 6??? Please could you help me???

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

Just go to twrp recovery then go to wipe you will see format data. That will put you unencrypted but make sure you backup your files because everything will be wiped.

Reactions: ancidroide

basongwe

Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for this work. If we use only 2 cores in the kernel, it doesn't affect fast charge ? And there are no risks for my N6? Thanks in advance for answers.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
So you know: blu_spark is compatible with new root method by Chainfire.
http://www.xda-developers.com/chainfire-releases-root-for-android-6-0-without-modifying-system/

Just follow the instructions if you want to test it:
1. flash clean system.img,
2. flash that "systemless" boot.img provided by Chainfire
3. flash blu_spark zip
4. flash zip SuperSU v2.56

Keep in mind this is for stock ROM and this is not a SuperSU troubleshoot thread.
Any doubts or issues related to SuperSU post at correct thread.

Last edited:

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
http://www.xda-developers.com/chainfire-releases-root-for-android-6-0-without-modifying-system/

3. flash blu_spark zip

Keep in mind this is for stock ROM and this is not a SuperSU troubleshoot thread.

So for custom roms we could just flash like it was before on lollipop?

ANDR01DN00B

Apr 30, 2013
Your downstairs basement
Kernel auditor seems to be experiencing issues with applying on boot. Every time I reboot and kernel auditor applies settings, the phone freezes and soft reboots. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent using XDA One

StykerB

Jan 17, 2015
Kernel auditor seems to be experiencing issues with applying on boot. Every time I reboot and kernel auditor applies settings, the phone freezes and soft reboots. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent using XDA One

That could mean that something you're applying on boot is causing the reboot usual causes are undervolting, overclocking, and I've personally had an issue with the "simple_ondemand" gpu governor not on this kernel but on the stock one.

Also not clearing the app data on kernel adiutor when changing kernels could cause it as well

provolinoo

Nov 19, 2010
Milano

3. flash blu_spark zip

Thanks for explaining

Could you merge the systemless boot modifications in your kernel so we don't need to flash two boots but just your kernel + supersu? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Powered by Ubuntu 14.04.3 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
    • Build with toolchain SaberMod eabi-4.9-09272015 cortex-a15 targeted
    • Full -O3 & graphite support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
    • Less is more: stockish builds based on android-msm-shamu-3.10-marshmallow
    • Kernel compressed with LZ4-r131, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times, removed force encryption)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • Enhanced performance and battery patches
    • Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default)
    • Voltage Control UV_mV_table
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks
    • Several I/O control (FIOPS is default), tweaked filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS available)
    • Disabled stock mpdecision and thermald, removed artificial throttles (core hotplug, frequency and battery)
    • blu_plug: Dynamic hotplug for shamu, with screenoff battery saving (max dual core @ max_freq 1190400)
    • msm_thermal simple driver (default 65º C threshold)
    • Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with neon support)
    • Vibrator Strength tunable (75 level ~ 60 % default)
    • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz)
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v3 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP mode on)
    • Kexec (multirom) full support
    • Disabled voltage, hotplug, frequency and temperature synthetic mitigations
    • USB automount (ROM must support it, otherwise use stickmount)
    • CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (full Drive Droid compatible)
    • init.d support (busybox run-parts required), Kernel cleaner script
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, Universal Kernel Manage and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP

Warning: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems.
    Reflash ROM -> flash SuperSU -> Boot device and install busybox -> flash blu_spark.
    Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

Root is now available in Marshmallow 6.0 in enforced mode thanks to chainfire.
    In stock (or stock derived) ROMs follow the steps bellow. In pre rooted custom ROMs you should only need to flash blu_spark zip
    1. Just go to SuperSU thread and download the kernel zip http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/wip-android-6-0-marshmellow-t3219344
    2. Extract the boot.img (not a flashable zip)
    3. Go to recovery, flash boot.img, flash SuperSU v2.50+, flash blu_spark
    4. Profit

Thanks to @franciscofranco, @faux123, @LaboDJ @show-p1984, @flar2, @anarkia1976, @stratosk, @myfluxi, @Christopher83, @hellsgod, @savoca
    Special thanks to @DariosF and @ciprianruse88, for the friendship, initial push, knowledge and webart.

XDA:DevDB Information
    blu_spark shamu, Kernel for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    eng.stk
    Source Code: https://goo.gl/QmfTMJ

Kernel Special Features: powered by sparky

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: r50
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-04

Created 2015-08-10
    Last Updated 2015-11-04
    blu_spark r50

All right crew!
    New build is up, lot's of updates, enjoy :)

• tcp: fix timing issue in CUBIC slope calculation, fix the range of delayed_ack
    • msm: kgsl: Ratelimit memory related error messages, add GFP_NO_ZONELIST_SCAN to large order allocations, Call adreno_spin_idle instead of kgsl_idle, Vote for new IRQ specific QoS request
    • msm: mdss: properly handle panel on and off, reduce log level when ping pong timeout happens, fix ret value during error case, remove ov_lock for rotator sessions, align frame buffer size to PAGE_SIZE, Adjust fence timeouts, update max fence wait timeout for all acquire fence
    • cpufreq: Check current frequency in device driver
    • Input: optimize events_per_packet count calculation
    • ext4: rate limit printk in buffer_io_error()
    • msm: cpp: Limit the rate of pop buffer messages
    • net: fix iterating over hashtable in tcp_nuke_addr()
    • arm/dt:8084: Disable always-on for pma8084_lvs4
    • mm: use managed_pages to calculate default zonelist order, fix sleeping function warning from __put_anon_vma, fix use-after-free in __put_anon_vma, correctly update zone->managed_pages, use a dedicated lock to protect totalram_pages and zone->managed_pages, accurately calculate zone->managed_pages for highmem zones, Make the default CMA region not reserved by default, don't limit default CMA region only to low memory, add GFP_NO_ZONELIST_SCAN to skip fallback zones
    • hrtimer: Prevent stale expiry time in hrtimer_interrupt()
    • ion: retry during race with shrinking/allocating, add GFP_NO_ZONELIST_SCAN to large order allocations
    • nohz: Convert a few places to use local per cpu accesses
    • fs: Workaround the compiler's bad optimization
    • netfilter: xt_socket: use IP early demux
    • clk: qcom: Use rt mutexes for the rpm and voter clock locks
    • ipv4: try to cache dst_entries which would cause a redirect, try to cache dst_entries which would cause a redirect
    • list: introduce list_next_entry() and list_prev_entry()
    • qcom-cpufreq: Restore CPU frequency during resume
    • staging: ion: fix corruption of ion_import_dma_buf
    • ipc/sem.c: fully initialize sem_array before making it visible
    • selinux: do not check open perm on ftruncate call
    • Fix NULL pointer dereference in tcp_nuke_addr.
    • sched/balancing: Prevent the reselection of a previous env.dst_cpu if some tasks are pinned
    • sched/fair: Implement fast idling of CPUs when the system is partially loaded
    • mmc: sdhci: Vote for new IRQ specific QoS request
    • irq: Allow multiple clients to register for irq affinity notification
    • Qos: Pass the list of cpus with affected qos to notifer, Enhance framework to support cpu/irq specific QoS requests, Modify data structures and function arguments for scalability.
    • audit: Mute userspace and kernel audit logs
    • fs/namei.c: fix potential memory leak in path_lookupat
    • ASoC: msm: qdsp6v2: Suppress spammy log
    • Revert moto LMK merges

Don't forget to hit thanks ;)
    blu_spark r45

All right crew!

New build is up, enjoy :)

• lowmemorykiller: adapt to vmpressure (dynamic LMK from CAF)
    • lowmemorykiller: squash task adj rbtree optimization from Motorola and other upstream updates
    • mm: vmpressure: upstream updates
    • input: Don't reset keys pressed at suspend time from Atlantis
    • tcp_cubic: do not set epoch_start in the future, better follow cubic curve after idle period
    • Improvements on RAMdisk and install routines

Don't forget to hit thanks ;)
    blu_spark r26

All right crew!

New build is up, latest M3 stuff merged, some cleanup, etc.
    Seems like Google merged some power patches to deal with bug on battery measurement Solid on M, 5.1.1 needs testing.
    EDIT: just pushed r26 quickfix, seems like even with newest Smart Battery and Aging Detection commits, the gauge meter is still derped on M3 source.

Wicked!
    blu_spark r32

All right crew!
    New build is up, enjoy!

• Build with SaberMod 4.9.4 arm-eabi cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4
    • Revert wifi driver to previous state (Google introduced some changes to N5 and N6 that derped the performance and stability in some situations)
    • Disabled bcl driver (voltage mitigations thresholds, thanks to @hellsgod)
    • Memory compaction and other miscellaneous patches