Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
DWHxIK

Kernel features:
  • Powered by Ubuntu 18.04.3 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
  • Build with custom toolchain blu_gcc-9.2.0 (cortex-a76.cortex-a55 targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from GCC-9.2.0 snapshot)
  • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
  • Less is more: stockish OP7 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150 for max stability
  • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
  • Removed some debug and logging options
  • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
  • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
  • Several CPU Governors (blu_schedutil modded governor merged from latest CAF sm8150 patchset)
  • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
  • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
  • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network tweaks and updated drivers
  • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
  • Patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
  • Stock thermal driver by default
  • ZRAM Swap (LZ4) and with file disabled
  • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
  • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver
  • adrenoboost enabled by default at low level
  • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
  • KLAPSE support (v5.0)
  • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
  • FS fsync toggle on/off
  • Wakelock blockers available
  • wireguard support
  • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
  • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

(No mirrors please)​

Warning: If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> flash TWRP --> reboot to recovery --> flash Magisk if you want (default, no plugins/modules) -> flash blu_spark.
If you are already rooted or upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with modules, etc.
If you're using custom ROMs (including OOS based ones) or Open Betas you're on your own. I'm only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
Also don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs, Recovery/TWRP troubleshoots and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

pp-acceptance-medium.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)

OnePlus 7 Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Manu J. for being such a supportive person.

XDA:DevDB Information
blu_spark kernel for OnePlus 7T/Pro, Kernel for the OnePlus 7T Pro

Contributors
eng.stk
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op7

Kernel Special Features: Powered by sparky

Version Information
Current Beta Version: r60 unified
Beta Release Date: 2019-11-13

Created 2019-11-13
Last Updated 2019-11-13

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
blu_spark r60 release (Android 10 unified)

All right crew!

First build for the 7T/Pro is up :highfive:
This kernel is unified, good to go on OP7/T/Pro (I only can test on Pro).

blu_spark_r60 release

• All the goodies available from OP7/Pro
  • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 7T Pro Oxygen OS 10.0.1
  • CAF updates f2fs, dm-verity/init, mm, crypto drv, devfreq, etc
  • fs: exfat: version 2.2.0-3arter97
  • AnyKernel3 updates
  • If you use root, Magisk 20.1 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

No mirrors please
If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)

Last edited:

ricky886

Mar 8, 2010
Anyone have tried to use twrp to flash this kernel yet?
How to use twrp to flash in? With USB stick?

Nice work

Quantuml3ap

Jun 21, 2011
great stuff and really nice features - thanks for this !
gonna flash it right now ...

2 questions:
- reworked GPU driver: what has been reworked here ? Will this affect performance or compatibility (vulkan/ ogl ?)
- Could you add audio-tweaks like global earpiece/ main-speaker gains (so one can modify these in EXKM for example ?)

Stereo-Panorama isn't very well balanced - at least MY main speaker is too loud. Of course we have the audio-balance in Android 10 now, but not all sources (e.g. most emulators) don't play audio through it ...

thanks and regards

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, will this work on OP7T Pro McLaren Edition? Thx
HD1913 on OOS 10.0.3.HD01BA

Don't know what differences that model has.
If it's the same as 7T pro it should work.
Backup and test if you want to try and let us know :)

Anyone have tried to use twrp to flash this kernel yet?
How to use twrp to flash in? With USB stick?

Nice work

Yeah twrp should work fine with zip sideload or using usb stick.
Or use autoflash kernel apps like FKM on a rooted environment and profit :)

great stuff and really nice features - thanks for this !
gonna flash it right now ...

2 questions:
- reworked GPU driver: what has been reworked here ? Will this affect performance or compatibility (vulkan/ ogl ?)
- Could you add audio-tweaks like global earpiece/ main-speaker gains (so one can modify these in EXKM for example ?)

Stereo-Panorama isn't very well balanced - at least MY main speaker is too loud. Of course we have the audio-balance in Android 10 now, but not all sources (e.g. most emulators) don't play audio through it ...

thanks and regards

Drivers from the graphic stack have been trimmed on cruft, debug, logging, etc to make it a bit more efficient. Also some patches to improve interactiveness. GPU boost is also available to tune it up if you game alot.
Full compatibility with anything same as stock.

I will not touch anything audio related, sorry.

Sent from my blu_spark'd OnePlus

ricky886

Mar 8, 2010
I have tested oos
Flash in failed, error code :1
"Unsupport android version. aborting"

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Flashed and booted fine with EXKM.
Used this awesome kernel on the 5T and expect nothing less.
Awesome work!

This worked!!!

Reactions: eng.stk

koliberk

Mar 25, 2007
London
Backup and test if you want to try and let us know :)
Flashed OOS, phone seems to be a bit faster. Noticed quicker loading of widgets after boot.

But there seems to be a bit to much brightness while booting, as boot animation overshoots it's limits :/

The other issue I had was missing all stock sounds, like ringtones and notifications.
I could only use my own sounds from internal storage. :/

Left with new kernel, right is with stock.

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_081036.jpg
    IMG_20191114_081036.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_20191114_080900.jpg
    IMG_20191114_080900.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
Reactions: eng.stk

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Which one should o use if I'm on stock ROM?

blu_spark_r60-custom_op7x_b48eb6a14.zip16.6 MB
blu_spark_r60-oos_op7x_ef7715b31.zip14 MB

OOS is always for OOS based ROMs.
Custom is for AOSP/CAF ROMs.

Flashed OOS, phone seems to be a bit faster. Noticed quicker loading of widgets after boot.

But there seems to be a bit to much brightness while booting, as boot animation overshoots it's limits :/

The other issue I had was missing all stock sounds, like ringtones and notifications.
I could only use my own sounds from internal storage. :/

Left with new kernel, right is with stock.
Thanks for testing. It may be small changes then.
What ROM does the device run? May be just a case of binaries/kernel mismatch.
If is something done on purpose because of SKU difference, coded on dtb and or even worse in drivers, may be more hard to address.
In the past we had checks we could fake SKU to have the themes and stuff available, I'll take look.

Reactions: marf28101995

koliberk

Mar 25, 2007
London
OOS is always for OOS based ROMs.
Custom is for AOSP/CAF ROMs.

Thanks for testing. It may be small changes then.
What ROM does the device run? May be just a case of binaries/kernel mismatch.
If is something done on purpose because of SKU difference, coded on dtb and or even worse in drivers, may be more hard to address.
In the past we had checks we could fake SKU to have the themes and stuff available, I'll take look.
Thanks, I have included details of my ROM in the attachment.

I think my ROM is global, as just after receiving device from OnePlus UK it was on 10.0.1, than OTA full update to10.0.3 from OOS.

Data as per Oxygen Updater:
OOS Ver: 10.0.3.HD01BA
OTA Ver: OnePlus7TProOxygen_14.E.07_GLO_007_1910120134
Incremental OS Ver: 1910120055

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191114-092434__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114-092434__01.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 362
  • Screenshot_20191114-141319__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114-141319__01.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

daveuk87

Dec 6, 2009
Thanks man. Device is running great on this kernel but I've noticed since I flashed it this morning that the fingerprint reader is really flakey, has anyone else noticed this? I've reregistered a few times but I find I have to try 5-6 times to unlock whereas before it worked first time every time.

Reactions: markjh

markjh

Apr 17, 2007
Berlin
Thanks man. Device is running great on this kernel but I've noticed since I flashed it this morning that the fingerprint reader is really flakey, has anyone else noticed this? I've reregistered a few times but I find I have to try 5-6 times to unlock whereas before it worked first time every time.

I have the same problem. It's also with kirisakura kernel.
Only flars kernel doesn't have this behavior so far.

Thanks for providing the kernel too us anyways.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Been noticing this too.
But it only happens when device falls into deep sleep (?) for me.
Example:

I woke this morning and device been sleep overnight the fingerprint wasn't recognized
When I took a shower and came back the fingerprint wasn't recognized.

However when I unlock it and use the phone for a minute or so the fingerprint starts to work fine again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features: