Development [KERNEL] [blu_spark r65] [A12L]

Search This thread

c19932

Jun 9, 2010
Google Pixel 6
hey guys I really need some help here

I recently installed the Jan update on my pixel 6, rooted with magisk. I then installed this kernel through FKM. Now I can't get my pixel 6 to boot. When I restart, it tells me my device is corrupt. I press power to continue, and it still gets stuck at the "google" splashscreen. I can't even access recovery.

I really don't feel like wiping and reinstalling every app. If anyone has any idea how to boot again please let me know.

I tried reflashing a factory image, but when it gets to "system", it tells me system partition not found.

EDIT: it seems like flashing this kernel via FKM on Jan build will mess up the partitions.
On my active slot, system partition can't be find.
On my inactive slot, system partition is too small to "fastboot flash system"

I don't even know how to unbrick my pixel 6 at this point

Last edited:

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6

I recently installed the Jan update on my pixel 6, rooted with magisk. I then installed this kernel through FKM. Now I can't get my pixel 6 to boot. When I restart, it tells me my device is corrupt. I press power to continue, and it still gets stuck at the "google" splashscreen. I can't even access recovery.

I really don't feel like wiping and reinstalling every app. If anyone has any idea how to boot again please let me know.

I tried reflashing a factory image, but when it gets to "system", it tells me system partition not found.

EDIT: it seems like flashing this kernel via FKM on Jan build will mess up the partitions.

Flashing the kernel did not mess up your system partitions, you must have done something out of order or wrong.

What are the step by step procedures you took? Are you on Magisk Canary?

To get your device booting again follow the instructions in OP about returning to stock.

Dillonjaf

Jan 13, 2022
blu_spark_r45 (A12)

New build is up!

Build is unified for raviole, should work both on Pixel 6 (tested) and Pro variant.
You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app flash section.
FKM download config: HERE

Changelog:

Keep in mind:
I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including stock based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock ROM (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)
Are CIFS and NFS modules not yet included with the kernel?

Not sure how I would check

Cheers

Hecke92

Dec 27, 2011

Did you find a solution mate?

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
@nguyenson91hp Your attachment shows checking off Google Play Services components in the Zygisk denylist. However USNF removes Google Play Services from the denylist automatically.

You'll notice on reboot that GPS in the denylist if you have USNF installed.

Reactions: nguyenson91hp

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Nope not yet. Will try to remember for the next build :cool:
Haptic Feedback control/strength? :D I was using my Pixel 4a for a bit and was really surprised by how much weaker the Haptic Feedback is on the 6 by default.

Btw I think its funny how everyone still says " hit Thanks on my post" but its "Like" now, since XDA changed their forums a while ago.

Edit: Weird, I flashed the kernel in FKKM and now it will only go to Fastboot with "Enter reason: boot failure". I saw FKKM patch vendor_boot and vendor_dklm. Now I have to "return to stock" and flash the magisk patched boot.img again.

I updated to January by downloading the entire update and doing a flash-all.bat without the -w flag.

I booted once into stock then rebooted to fastboot and did a fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_boot.img. Everything was working fine, root achieved and safetynet passing. Went into FKKM, downloaded the latest version of the kernel and flashed it/rebooted. Now I'm stuck in Fastboot mode.

Did I miss a step? I've always updated like this in the past.

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Haptic Feedback control/strength? :D I was using my Pixel 4a for a bit and was really surprised by how much weaker the Haptic Feedback is on the 6 by default.

Btw I think its funny how everyone still says " hit Thanks on my post" but its "Like" now, since XDA changed their forums a while ago.
Eventually, I'm actually quite satisfied with the 3 levels provided by userspace, so it's not urgent for me.
I like the 4a a lot, hated the haptics. It's like an earthquake no matter what is signaling, absolute garbage.

Well most of us maybe don't care about the social networking crap every service try to inject on people.
Maybe that's why people leech on the goods but forget to hit the button nowadays...

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Bah now I have that "your device is corrupt" crap. Trying to get into fastbootd to flash vendor_dlkm.img. Is there a way to do that from fastboot?

Edit: Nevermind, just did flash-all.bat again. But now everytime I reboot my phone I get the "your device is corrupt" message. I just hit the power button and it boots fine. Though its odd, why can't I flash the kernel? I'm on Magisk Canary, modules disabled, using the same tools as everyone else. And what is causing the "your device is corrupt" message, even though it isn't.. rooted and passing safetynet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sakerhetz

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Bah now I have that "your device is corrupt" crap. Trying to get into fastbootd to flash vendor_dlkm.img. Is there a way to do that from fastboot?
Oriole or Raven?
That seems like messed up verify stuff, maybe something you flashed in between?
Did you always use canary 23016 to patch you stuff? Other zip namely if using anykernel3, must use the version that has magisk tools from 23016
Did you verify the kernel zip and does it indeed flash all the partitions (logs?)
Unless you solve that on stock rooted first, flashing this kernel will not make any difference.

Last edited:

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Edit: Nevermind, just did flash-all.bat again. But now everytime I reboot my phone I get the "your device is corrupt" message. I just hit the power button and it boots fine. Though its odd, why can't I flash the kernel? I'm on Magisk Canary, modules disabled, using the same tools as everyone else. And what is causing the "your device is corrupt" message, even though it isn't.. rooted and passing safetynet.
Run flash all bat again ...and add --disable-verity --disable verification to the fastboot update line.

Example:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification update image-oriole -xxxxxxxxxxxx.zip

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
@cultofluna Oh I thought the new Magisk Canary allowed to skip those arguments. I'll give it a try now, thanks.

@eng.stk I'm on Oriole.

I was on November build rooted, safetynet passing with no corrupt device message prior to updating to January. I then updated to January and flashed stock rooted boot.img and no device corrupt message.

I only had a problem when I used FKKM to flash your kernel. I'm sure it's some weird quirk on my device. I do have FKKM logs if those are helpful.

And just fyi Magisk Canary updated.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
@cultofluna Oh I thought the new Magisk Canary allowed to skip those arguments. I'll give it a try now, thanks.

@eng.stk I'm on Oriole.

I was on November build rooted, safetynet passing with no corrupt device message prior to updating to January. I then updated to January and flashed stock rooted boot.img and no device corrupt message.

I only had a problem when I used FKKM to flash your kernel. I'm sure it's some weird quirk on my device. I do have FKKM logs if those are helpful.

And just fyi Magisk Canary updated.
Skipping Dec build may have soemthing to do with that maybe, who knows.
There must be something particular triggering those verity issues some of you guys encountered.
I flash lot's and lot's of zips and never had anything similar. And most people are ok also.

Did you have any Magisk module installed previously, custom ROMs mods etc?

Reactions: phaino00

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Skipping Dec build may have soemthing to do with that maybe, who knows.
There must be something particular triggering those verity issues some of you guys encountered.
I flash lot's and lot's of zips and never had anything similar. And most people are ok also.

Did you have any Magisk module installed previously, custom ROMs mods etc?
Stock rom, no mods, disabled all magisk modules prior to flashing. I don't think skipping Dec had anything to do with it since a lot of people skipped it due to the issues it caused. And I've had problems flashing the kernel prior to this.. when I was on the November version, I tried flashing the kernel with FKKM and EKM and my phone would only boot to fastboot. So I just ran stock rooted.

Haven't had any "corrupt" problems until now.

It's hard to keep up with what to do/what not to do when tinkering with this device since there are so many people with different results doing the same operations.

Last edited:

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Run flash all bat again ...and add --disable-verity --disable verification to the fastboot update line.

Example:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification update image-oriole -xxxxxxxxxxxx.zip
Edit: Nevermind, I must of had an extra space the cmdline didn't like.

Edit2: Now it won't boot. It goes into Android Recovery and gives me the options to Try Again or Factory Wipe. Great.

Last edited:

Galaxea

Jun 17, 2010
Edit: Nevermind, I must of had an extra space the cmdline didn't like.

Edit2: Now it won't boot. It goes into Android Recovery and gives me the options to Try Again or Factory Wipe. Great.
I had the same issue when flashing the DEC patch. I had to sideload the OTA to fix it then root again with Magisk by booting the rooted image.

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I had the same issue when flashing the DEC patch. I had to sideload the OTA to fix it then root again with Magisk by booting the rooted image.
So you did a sideload of the OTA and did a fastboot boot Magisk_boot.img and flashed the kernel then?

Yea .
I forgot to mention that first time disabling verity will require wipe ..😁😁

Thanks 😋. Fortunately it somehow flashed to the inactive slot so I was able to switch active slots and not factory reset.

But according to root guide (and Magisk git) since 23016 we no longer need to disable verity/verification.

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So you did a sideload of the OTA and did a fastboot boot Magisk_boot.img and flashed the kernel then?

Thanks 😋. Fortunately it somehow flashed to the inactive slot so I was able to switch active slots and not factory reset.

But according to root guide (and Magisk git) since 23016 we no longer need to disable verity/verification.
Only if you're using magisk..you should not have a problem..
If you try i flash a custom img ..you will....
Im disabling verity in every update...so i can mess around without any issue...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blu_spark_r65 (A12L)

New build is up!

Build is unified for raviole, should work both on Pixel 6 (tested) and Pro variant.
    You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app flash section.

Changelog:
    • Build with custom upstream LLVM 14.x (Clang 14.0.3 + LLD linker + IAS)
    • Mild rebase and further cleanup
    • Merge branch android-gs-raviole-5.10-android12L (android-12.1.0_r0.22) (May 2022.5)
    • More default inits (troubleshooting some power usage)
    • drivers: google-modules: couple of build fixes
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20220430)
    • For root, Magisk 24.3 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including stock based ones).
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock ROM (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    Don't forget to hit like, it's free :)
    Does blu_spark_r60 (A12L) also work on pixel 6 may 2022 update or is it better to wait for coming version?
    Incoming 😁
    blu_spark_r65 (A12L)

New build is up!

Changelog:

Keep in mind:
    I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including stock based ones).

No mirrors please
    Don't forget to hit like, it's free :)
    Cool👍👍
    I'm on A12 May Stock and Magisk stable root. I flash blu_spark with FKM script and that's all I need to do? Will Magisk and modules be kept?

Tyvm 😀
    Yes. Just flash through FKM and all modules will be retained.
    Would really like to try this kernel on 13 beta 2. Will it work as is?
    Nope, this is for A12.1
    DWHxIK

Kernel features: (WIP)
    • Build with custom upstream LLVM 14.x (Clang 14.0.3 + LLD linker + IAS)
    • Full -O2 Thin LTO build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish kernel+modules+dtb builds based on Google latest sourcedrop for max stability (android-gs-raviole-5.10-android12L)
    • Full kernel tree with OEM integrated drivers, for minimal build overhead and fast deploy
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system/vendor partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • Misc ARM performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and fixes for important subsystems when applicable
    • No OC, use 250HZ base timer frequency
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR and others available)
    • Some I/O control tweaks, advanced filesystems enabled (NTFS3 5.15 backport, ExFAT upstreamed, , CIFS & NFS)
    • ZRAM set at 4G (default lz77eh with lzo-rle, zstd, etc available)
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB2 Fast Charge (force USB CDP mode up to 1500mA with MTP on)
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • TWRP Support(LZMA/LZ4 Ramdisk)
    • Wireguard updates
    • Compatible with EXKM, FKM , Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    FKM download configs: HERE
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock setup or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable ROM.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img/vendor_boot.img/vendor_dlkm.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock. You can also flash boot.img/vendor_boot.img in fastboot and vendor_dlkm.img in fastbootd from you stock ROM. Or just dirty flash your full OTA ROM zip.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/pxl6
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)
    blu_spark_r29 (A12)

So here's blu_spark for the oriole (and probably raven ;p)

Been cracking around on this since I got the device a couple weeks ago.
    The new GKI kernel stuff(which imo will kill custom kerneling in the future) and the "let's use 10GB of garbage device tree to build a kernel" is not really for me.
    So I decided to put on an full tree with all the vendor stuff on it, with less that 5% of what Google proposes we can play with the device just fine.

My primary objective was also to make a full builtin kernel, but seems like init expects modules and other stuff to be in place so it's a no go, at least for now (maybe with some further init stages crack it's possible, idk)
    So kernel output is splitted across boot.img, vendor_boot.img and vendor_dlkm.img.

I also take the time to make AK3 basic hdr v4 compliant (big shouts to @osm0sis for being the best wingman, as always). Because fastboot is tedious and since it's 2021 there's no room for that in my builds.
    You can flash the AK3 kernel zip in your favorite kernel app with autoflash functions or with TWRP when/if available. If you want/need to go stock again, instructions are on OP.
    Besides Pixel 6, this should work on Pro also, but I can only test on Oriole, let me know how it goes on Raven if you're brave enough.

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.5 + LLD linker
    • Full kernel based from kernel/gs+google-modules @ android-gs-raviole-5.10-android12-d1 (android-12.0.0_r0.17) (Nov 2021.1)
    • Several build fixes and improvements (check git for details)
    • drivers: google-modules: make it build and additional fixes, remove cruft
    • Disable some debug and logging
    • FS and F2FS improvements
    • Enable advanced TCP congestion control (westwood default)
    • Add wakelock blocker framework
    • Tuned a couple IO and ZRAM runtime stuff
    • AK3 updates (v20211118) plus my own additional fixes for hdrv4 flashing (big shouts @osm0sis for the help)
    • For root, canary Magisk 23015 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including stock based ones).

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r45 (A12)

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Merge branch android-gs-raviole-5.10-android12-qpr1-d (android-12.0.0_r0.36) (Jan 2022.1)
    • Rebase and cleanup
    • Wireguard updates (linux-5.10.y)
    • For root, Magisk 23016 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r42 (A12)

New build is up! Merry 🎄🎅🎁

Changelog:
    • Tentative fix to external DAC use (let me know)
    • fsync toggle
    • wakelock blocker updates
    • AnyKernel3 sync (v20211215)
    • Couple init runtime adjusts to better UX
    • For root, Magisk 23016 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r35 (A12)

New build is up!

Added USB fast charge (forces CDP mode for wonky usb controllers that don't advertise modes properly or at all).
    I normally find it useful for mainboards that have ports capable of 900/1200mA/1500mA and fail to advertise CDP compliance (1500mA per spec).
    Keep in mind that, despite some protections that should be in place, like everything else that uses electricity, damage can happen.
    It's disabled by default, use with caution. If your cat get's on fire, you're on your own.

Build is unified for raviole, should work both on Pixel 6 and Pro variant.

Changelog:
    • makefile: disable some clang12 spam
    • drivers: misc: power: implement usb fast charge mode
    • disable module force (we build full images)
    • adjust cmdline for faster boot
    • enable rd_lzma (for twrp eventually if needed)
    • defconfig: regenerate and sync, remove some cruft
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20211207)
    • Couple init runtime adjusts to better UX
    • For root, canary Magisk 23015 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please