[KERNEL] [blu_spark r87 OP8/Pro/T] [A11 OOS/Custom ]

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
How do i change the vibration strength? I used EXKM to flash the kernel
im on crdroid oneplus 8 pro
I used FKM to lower it to 20 from the default 30 and that seems better. Not sure where the sysfs tunable actually is if EXKM isn't set up for it. I'd be interested to know as well though, for boot script purposes.

Last edited:

bin1youghurt

Nov 12, 2020
I used FKM to lower it to 20 from the default 30 and that seems better. Not sure where the sysfs tunable actually is if EXKM isn't set up for it. I'd be interested to know as well though, for boot script purposes.
Found it in the miscellaneous settings in exkm, changed it from 30 to 20 as well, 10 seems too low, but 15 would've been perfect.

Reactions: osm0sis

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
Found it in the miscellaneous settings in exkm, changed it from 30 to 20 as well, 10 seems too low, but 15 would've been perfect.
Found it. It's a scale of 1-10 hence only increments of 10, and no 15. :(

So, e.g., for FKM's value of 10:
echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/vibrator/level

I guess OnePlus started sticking it there with the OP7. (y)

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
blu_spark_r78 release

New build is up :highfive:

This kernel is tested for the 8 Pro and 8T variants which I have, regular OP8 in OOS 11 is said to be working fine by some users.
You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:
FKM download configs: oos | custom

Changelog:
  • Build with Google Clang 12.0.1 + LLD linker
  • Added some build changes/improvements
  • Remove a couple logging and debug cruft
  • wireguard 5.4 backports added to tree (v1.0.0 that will be present in A12)
  • updated wifi stack (custom)
  • AnyKernel3 sync
  • Latest Magisk v21.2 mandatory for root in A11 (beta atm)

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)

zellleonhart

Jan 19, 2013
Hi @eng.stk I flashed the latest r78 on OnePlus 8T 11.0.6.9 EU (magisk v21.2 too) using EXKM and I got a bootloop into recovery. Didn't happen with the previous version.

EDIT: not sure why but somehow it worked in the end. Due to the bootloop I booted my patched stock OOS boot.img, and I direct install magisk after booting. After that it reboots successfully into blu_spark r78

Last edited:

alex moymoy

Nov 2, 2015
blu_spark_r78 release

New build is up :highfive:

This kernel is tested for the 8 Pro and 8T variants which I have, regular OP8 in OOS 11 is said to be working fine by some users.
You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:
FKM download configs: oos | custom

Changelog:

Keep in mind:
I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)
Hi 😊 first of all thanks for your work 🙂
One question. You say you don't give support to custom ROMs but can you say if it works on them or not. Because it's a little bit confuse to me when I open the "custom" link from OP page. It says "OOS 11, custom + OOS 10"😊
Thanks in advanced and keep strong and healthy 😉