[KERNEL] [blu_spark r235 OP8/Pro/T] [A14 Custom]

Search This thread

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
blu_spark_r101 release

New build is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 8 Pro and 8T variants which I have, regular OP8 in OOS 11 is said to be working fine by some users.
You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app.
FKM download configs: oos

Changelog:
  • Revert "fs: exfat: sync with v5.8-1arter97"
  • defconfig: disable IKHEADERS
  • Remove some logspam and debug
  • net/wireguard: merge v1.0.20210424
  • AnyKernel3 updates sync
  • For root, Magisk v22.1 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)

TheMagnificent_Y

Feb 3, 2021
Will this work on most devices? Or is it designed for a specific device?

I'm asking since, I'm looking for a custom kernel for my Remi Note 9,

Also, won't this remove Magisk root?

-Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good afternoon. Is it possible to pass the SafetyNet test with this kernel?
    Sure, I added kernel version string spoof so it bypasses blacklist.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with custom upstream LLVM 14.x (Clang 14.0.6 + LLD linker + IAS)
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP8 builds based on LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250 for max stability
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • No OC, use 250HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • ZRAM Swap (LZ4 default) and with file disabled, LZO-RLE and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • Backlight min brightness and backlight scale option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    FKM download configs: oos | custom
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support ROMs with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    Currently only LineageOS or LOS based ROMs are supported, OOS is EOL.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op8
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 8 Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to dev relations team.
    blu_spark_r109 release

New build is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 8 Pro and 8T variants which I have, regular OP8 in OOS 11 is said to be working fine by some users.
    You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app.

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.7 + LLD linker
    • Add some build improvements
    • Silence a couple logging and debug
    • wireguard updates (v1.0.20210606)
    • For root, Magisk v23.0 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r115 release

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Synchronize codes for OnePlus 8T Oxygen OS 11.0.12.12.KB05AA and OnePlus 8 Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9.IN21AA and OnePlus 8 Pro Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9.IN11AA
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20211215)

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r110 release

New build is up (y)

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.7 + LLD linker (updated)
    • hwtracing: Add entries from kona-coresight (tentative less idle draw)
    • defconfig: enable ld deadcode elimination
    • arm64: Allow LD_DEAD_CODE_DATA_ELIMINATION to be selected
    • arm64: Keep alternative-instruction sections
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20210721)

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r101 release

New build is up (y)

Changelog:
    • Revert "fs: exfat: sync with v5.8-1arter97"
    • defconfig: disable IKHEADERS
    • Remove some logspam and debug
    • net/wireguard: merge v1.0.20210424
    • For root, Magisk v22.1 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please