[KERNEL/BOOT]+[DRMFIX][MAGISK]Sony XZ1 [G8341][G8342_Dual]-11-MARCH-2019

Search This thread

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013
Could someone provide me "Customized DE 47.2.A..8.24"? I can offer cloudstorage.
Or what is the difference between the Central Europe CE1 version?
I would like to upgrade without factory reset.

Or will the kernel for 47.2.A.10.45 be available soon?

its just markets sony projects
the important thing is the BUILD NUMBER

fabius12

Jul 24, 2013
hi guys, before I start to unlock the bootloader of my XZ1, can you confirm that by reloading an FTF image of an original rom, I also restore the DRM functions?
It worked like this on my old Z3, on xz1 I still have a lot of confusion about this operation.
Excuse the question, I really struggle to understand how DMRs work on this XZ1

Thanks

lilbrat

Jun 13, 2011
Amman
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Nothing Phone 2
hi guys, before I start to unlock the bootloader of my XZ1, can you confirm that by reloading an FTF image of an original rom, I also restore the DRM functions?
It worked like this on my old Z3, on xz1 I still have a lot of confusion about this operation.
Excuse the question, I really struggle to understand how DMRs work on this XZ1

Thanks

Read, this first.. [XZ1c/XZ1/XZp] temp root exploit to backup drm keys implemented. ( https://xdaforums.com/xperia-xz1-compact/development/devonly-exploits-temp-root-to-backup-t3795510 )

Last edited:

tombbb

Sep 4, 2008
Asus Zenfone 5
HTC U11
This is what i did:
XZ1 stock untouched until android 9 update.
After a bad pie xperiance:
-Bootloader unlocked (lost DRM keys)
-Flashed latest sony oreo firmware (47.1.A.16.20) with newflasher https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/progress-newflasher-xperia-command-line-t3619426 thanks @munjeni
-Flashed TWRP https://xdaforums.com/xperia-xz1/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-t3727602 thanks @modpunk
-Downloaded patch according with firmware version from post 566 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77626633&postcount=566 thanks @janjan
The patch works on sony stock kernel too, so flashing kernel/boot.img is optional and not needed to fix lost functionalities. I didn't.
In 2-Patching.zip there is a system dir with su.d inside it. There is no need for it. I think it could break Magisk systemless-ly job, so I deleted system from 2-Patching.zip.
-Flashed modified 2-Patching.zip with TWRP
-Downloaded Magisk v18.1 and Magisk Manager v7.0.0 https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445 thanks @topjohnwu
-Flashed Magisk-v18.1.zip with TWRP
-Magisk Manager didn't get installed so I had to manually install MagiskManager-v7.0.0.apk
-The patch only works if selinux is set permissive at boot time. After boot it can be restored to enforced.
For this reason is needed 4-kernel_permissive.zip; this file is the same as magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip from https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-magisk-selinux-permissive-script-t3577549 thanks @Jman420
-Flashed permissive.zip with TWRP and check it is in Magisk Manager modules tab.
-Done. DRM fixed and rooted.
-Now the phone must always boot in permissive mode to let the patch work as expected. But once the phone has booted selinux can be set again to enforced. Decide by yourself after reading this https://xdaforums.com/general/general/discussion-root-selinux-risks-t3607295 thanks again @Jman420
-To set selinux to enforced mode after boot:
in a terminal app or adb shell

-To check selinux status

-Alright. CKB OK, WIDEVINE OK, camera working, x-reality working.

(Magisk v19 and onwards will no longer support old format modules)

Thank you for nice guide!

Matzeee

Dec 4, 2010
is there any problem to DRM? how about the camera quality as compare to locked bootloader

The only problem occurring to me is that some apps like Google Pay and banking apps are complaining about an unsafe device. This should be solved by the kernel.
The camera was only affected in previous versions.
For me, a very nice thing to have is the kernel-based wireguard…

Therefore, I also hope that @janjan will have the time to compile a new kernel ;)

dcrin3

Jun 12, 2010
Just so you know, this kernel is no longer necessary unless you're still in Oreo or a very old firmware. See for yourself, go back many pages.

Reactions: DHGE

Matzeee

Dec 4, 2010
Just so you know, this kernel is no longer necessary unless you're still in Oreo or a very old firmware. See for yourself, go back many pages.

Not necessary for a working camera, but all my banking apps, GPay, Payback Pay etc are not working without it.

Btw I am still on 47.2.A.4.45 but this will probably not change in future versions?

And also, kernel-based Wireguard was pretty cool…

Reactions: oF2pks

dcrin3

Jun 12, 2010
Not necessary for a working camera, but all my banking apps, GPay, Payback Pay etc are not working without it.

Btw I am still on 47.2.A.4.45 but this will probably not change in future versions?

And also, kernel-based Wireguard was pretty cool…

Banking apps have been working fine here way before .45 release. If you're flashing via newsflasher, the only thing I'd avoid is userdata.sin, if you want to save your data.
If your bootloader is unlocked, you might as well flash the latest firmware.

Which region are these apps been used in by the way?

Matzeee

Dec 4, 2010
I can only say that I am in Germany and Google Pay, Payback Pay, two bankingapps and one TAN-app for banking are not working because the detect an unsafe / unlocked / rooted device. Magisk Hide does not help.

I did the last upgrade via newflasher without userdata.sin

Now I am hesitating, because the kernel by janjan, as it was released, was not the latest available and I dont want to downgrade afterwards.

Reactions: oF2pks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vnm2k3.png
    I am sharing my kernel/boot.img, which is build from Sony Open Source/Qualcomm/ and android source (Very close to Stock KERNEL). Designed to keep balance security/ with high Performance and battery life.​
    Code:
    ###Disclaimer###
    I am not responsible for any damage, broken or boot looping.
    Please read the instructions and notes before flashing anything. Don't ask me if you don't read the instructions.
    Please respect and try to help each other. You may face sometimes that I cannot answer your questions/or answer your questions a bit later. I am busy with my work and don't have enough time to read and answer all your questions at the same time.

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE

##############################
    Requirements-

- A working driver for your device.
    USB drivers for Xperia devices
    - Unlock bootloader
    - A Working TWRP-with latest patch security
    - YOUR firmware must match my kernel version. I used to update the kernel with latest firmware.
    - Backup your stuff for future
    - YOU NEED a refresh stock ROM (means you have to wipe EVERYTHING). Use flashtool to flash the latest firmware. (Remember to check Wipe USERDATA in flashtool). It seems not necessary if you have already flashed my kernel and have a working camera
    - USE LATEST FLASHTOOL VERSION TO FLASH THE LATEST FIRMWARE
    - (DOWNLOAD FROM HERE:- LATEST FLASHTOOL)

Features 11/MARCH/2019

- Based on latest kernel source VERSION = 4, PATCHLEVEL = 4, SUBLEVEL = 148 (47.2.A.8.24) MARCH, 2019
    - Up to date with the September security update—MARCH, 2019
    - Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY SHOULD WORK
    - Remove verifiedbootstate flag from /proc/cmdline - Disable CRC check
    - Support wireguard VPN protocol
    - dm-verity removed
    - Sepolicy is patched for latest Oreo (deodex ROMs)
    - Scheduler optimize/support for heterogeneous multi-core. Battery efficiency
    - Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) feature is enabled/optimize energy consumption for advanced multicore SoCs
    - Update and add Qualcomm PM driver/APM driver updated reduce battery usage during sleeping
    - Enable latest energy aware scheduling patches
    - Multi-core scheduler enable/optimized
    - A lot subsystems converted to use power efficient work-queues
    - CAF improvements and optimized
    - Enable work-queue power-efficient mode by default
    - Several other patches to improve the speed and battery usage
    - Tweaked the scheduler to reduce/save power by scaling down the frequency of the CPU's or idling them,
    - Tweaked to predict the best time to save power on the CPU without affecting performance
    - Tweaked/optimized the scheduler to balance the load across all CPUs without any regards to the power costs.[/SIZE]

Instructions-

- Reboot into bootloader mode and following the following steps
    Code:
    - adb devices
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot devices
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (flash my kernel/boot.img)
    - fastboot reboot

Downloads

XPERIA-XZ1 (G8341)+XPERIA XZ1 Dual-(G8342)-LATEST-47.2.A.8.24-(11/MARCH/2019)
    XPERIA XZ1 (G8341)+(G8342)-ALL-BOOT IMAGES-[KERNEL][DRM-PATCHING]-

Source/GitHub

Kernel Source
    -47.1.A.12.xxx
    https://github.com/Nexusma/msm-4.4
    https://github.com/toffyjan/android_kernel_Sony_lilac_poplar
    https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/device-sony-lilac

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WANT ME TO CONTINUE, THEN DON'T FORGET TO BUY ME COFFEE
    DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE

Special Thanks To:
    If you can, donate and respect all the devs :)
    @Chainfire for his great work to achieve root SuperSU
    @Sultanxda for his great work in android kernel and SafetyNet CTS check
    @modpunk for TWRP-recovery 3.2.1-0 and drm-fix THANK YOU

@Androxyde for Flashtool. merci beaucoup pour tout
    @munjeni for his great knowledge and tools for extracting SIN images
    @sToRm// for his effort on DRM work, THANKS
    @SuperR. for SuperR's Kitchen , THANK YOU
    @M-Rom Thanks for sharing drm-fix and patch
    @serajr Thanks for DRM Fix Workaround and Sony RIC disabler @tobias.waldvogel thanks for older drmfix and his great effort.
    THANK YOU SONY FOR SUPPORTING DEVs AND ALLOWING US TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER
    ALSO THANKS FOR EVERYONE ELSE EVEN I FORGET TO MENTION THEIR NAMES.
    Thanks to XDA And everyone else who share their knowledge and works among us in xda.​
    HERE YOU GO. ENJOY​

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE

Features 14/9/2018

- Based on latest kernel source VERSION = 4, PATCHLEVEL = 4, SUBLEVEL = 78 (47.1.A.16.20) September 2018
    - Up to date with the September security update—September 2018
    - Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY SHOULD WORK
    - dm-verity removed
    - Camera/DRM fix working with latest magisk manager. No greenish picture
    - Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) feature is enabled/optimize energy consumption for advanced multi-core SoCs
    - Update and add Qualcomm PM driver/APM driver updated reduce battery usage during sleeping
    - A lot subsystems converted to use power efficient workqueues
    - Enable workqueue power-efficient mode by default
    - Tweaked/optimized the scheduler to balance the load across all CPUs without any regards to the power costs
    - Tweaked the scheduler to reduce/save power by scaling down the frequency of the CPUs or idling them,
    - Tweaked to predict the best time to save power on the CPU without affecting performance

Downloads

SONY-XZ1 (G8341)(G8342) -(47.1.A.16.20)-(14/SEPTEMBER/2018)
    [KERNEL][DRM-PATCHING]

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE
    Update to 47.2.A.8.24
    Hey guys and girls, new source got released by Sony. Here´s the next kernel based on latest source 47.2.A.8.24-March, 2019.

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE

Features 11/3/2019

- Based on latest kernel source VERSION = 4, PATCHLEVEL = 4, SUBLEVEL = 148 (LATEST-47.2.A.8.24) March, 2019
    - Up to date with latest security update—March 2019
    - Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY WORK
    - dm-verity removed
    - Camera works without any patch
    - Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) feature is enabled/optimize energy consumption for advanced multicore SoCs
    - Tweaked/optimized the scheduler to balance the load across all CPUs without any regards to the power costs
    - Tweaked the scheduler to reduce/save power by scaling down the frequency of the CPUs or idling them,

Downloads

XPERIA-XZ1 (G8341)+XPERIA XZ1 Dual-(G8342)-LATEST-47.2.A.8.24-(11/MARCH/2019)
    Source/GitHub

Kernel-source
    kernel-Source

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE
    Features 21/jan/2019

- Based on latest kernel source VERSION = 4, PATCHLEVEL = 4, SUBLEVEL = 83 (version 47.2.A.4.41 and 47.2.A.4.45) January 17, 2019
    - Up to date with the September security update—January 17, 2019
    - dm-verity removed
    - Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) feature is enabled/optimize energy consumption for advanced multi-core SoCs
    - A lot subsystems converted to use power efficient work-queues
    - Enable work-queue power-efficient mode by default
    - Tweaked the scheduler to reduce/save power by scaling down the frequency of the CPU's or idling them,
    - Tweaked/optimized the scheduler to balance the load across all CPUs without any regards to the power costs.[/SIZE]

Downloads

Sony Xperia XZ1 (G8341)-(21/January/2019)
    Sony Xperia XZ1 Dual-(G8342)-(21/January/2019)

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE

Features 3/2/2019

- Based on latest kernel source VERSION = 4, PATCHLEVEL = 4, SUBLEVEL = 148 (LATEST-47.2.A.6.30) JANUARY/FEBRUARY, 2019
    - Up to date with latest security update—JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2019
    - Hide verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline in order to fix the failed SafetyNet CTS check(It can still fail through other means)-GOOGLE PAY WORK
    - dm-verity removed
    - Camera works without any patch

Instructions-

Code:
    - adb devices
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot devices
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (flash kernel/boot.img)
    - fastboot reboot

Downloads

XPERIA-XZ1 (G8341)+XPERIA XZ1 Dual-(G8342)-LATEST-47.2.A.6.30-(3/FEB/2019)

DONATE ME HERE
    DONATE-HERE