[KERNEL] [CAF 5.1.1] [UBERTC] Tyr-CAF 3.4 V33 (31-10-2015) Halloween Edition

Search This thread

KenjiHannya

Dec 31, 2014
São Paulo
Place the option to change CPU Volt please ???

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

I'm testing with the Room of the Sultan with disable CPU underclock + Open Gapps Pico + Synapse.

And my config

Amazing combination ??

Reactions: Fenvarien

sneakerspark

Jan 5, 2013
Islamabad
Version 9
@kalpik here you go :)
* almost fixed all build warnings (just in case)
* fixed compass on kernel side (the rom needs an update https://github.com/sultanxda/propri...mmit/0cf2594584e89350d8e881f3257f0c6a29b1e361, too)
* merged new wifi driver: prima: merge LA.BF.1.1 (maybe there is an improvement)

Don't forget to hit the thx button. All developers do that in their free time. :)

Version 5 is the only latest version in download section. :(

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Oh i see it now. Silly me. Lol

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

DerRomtester

Aug 20, 2012
Neumarkt
V10 CAF Changelog
* Reverted vidc drivers to CAF LA.BF.1.1.1.c3 (fixes random reboots)
* Display turns on faster now
* Fixed touchscreen not working in doze (and hopefully fixed gestures/DT2W not working sometimes)
* temp threshold max limited 75°C (to prevent users damaging their phone)
* temp threshold min limited to 40°C
* updated ramdisk
* tuned smartmax a little bit more aggressive
* tuned cpu boost driver to safe more juice
* fixed reboots with smartmax

Have fun and don't forget to hit thx :)

Last edited:

corando98

Jun 22, 2012
V10 CAF Changelog
* Fixed touchscreen not working in doze (and hopefully fixed gestures/DT2W not working sometimes)
* updated ramdisk

Tried Booting this release on Slimsabers CAF and got a bootloop, what could be the causes? Ramdisk perhaps?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ixtilion

Jul 10, 2011
What does min thresold is now 40C? What was it before? It has to do with thermal throttling? Can we please get something that stop this throttling \ underclocking of our devices when they hit perfectly normal temps like 40??? I paid for a powerful phone, I dont want it to get throttled down when Im doing CPU intensive stuff....

Last edited:

zedbg

Jul 28, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
then make your own kernel if you don't like this one, show some respect to the devs that are wasting hours and hours from their time and sharing for free their work.

Last edited:

DerRomtester

Aug 20, 2012
Neumarkt
What does min thresold is now 40C? What was it before? It has to do with thermal throttling? Can we please get something that stop this throttling \ underclocking of our devices when they hit perfectly normal temps like 40??? I paid for a powerful phone, I dont want it to get throttled down when Im doing CPU intensive stuff....
I think you misunderstod something. If you set temp threshold below 40 it will be resetted to 40. And if you change it to 80 it will be resetted to 75 to prevent damage on your device.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

Ixtilion

Jul 10, 2011
I think you misunderstod something. If you set temp threshold below 40 it will be resetted to 40. And if you change it to 80 it will be resetted to 75 to prevent damage on your device.

That is why I am asking... I dont fully understand what this change does and how it worked before.
Where can I set a temp thresold for example? Any kernel config tool like synapse will work?

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

then make your own kernel if you don't like this one, show some respect to the devs that are wasting hours and hours from their time and sharing for free their work.

Im grateful to DerRomtester for his work and all the time he puts in doing this for free. I didn't want to sound rude, I just wanted to know what that change did, because lately everyone seems to be obsessed with thermal throttling the CPU. I'm sorry if I sounded rude but that wasnt my intention, thanks again for your work on the kernel

DerRomtester

Aug 20, 2012
Neumarkt
Der, have you looked into smartmax EPS?
Yeah but i dont want to add exactly the same governor
That is why I am asking... I dont fully understand what this change does and how it worked before.
Where can I set a temp thresold for example? Any kernel config tool like synapse will work?

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Im grateful to DerRomtester for his work and all the time he puts in doing this for free. I didn't want to sound rude, I just wanted to know what that change did, because lately everyone seems to be obsessed with thermal throttling the CPU. I'm sorry if I sounded rude but that wasnt my intention, thanks again for your work on the kernel
I try to explain it different. Go into the thermal driver inside synapse. There you will find a °C value. At this value the CPU is starting to throttle. I have chosen 60 °C. If you set it to 100 °C and you run a heavy game your device will heat up a lot and maybe it dies or it will be damaged. Now i have added a small function inside the termal driver that prevents you setting values higher than 75 °C. And you also cannot set values lower than 40 °C. So the new range is now from 40 - 75°C. So now you cant damage your phone if you set temp threshold to 100 because it will be resetted to 75. I hope it is clear now for you.

DerRomtester

Aug 20, 2012
Neumarkt
This happened too to me :(

To elaborate further on the slimsaber issue (8-11-2015 build), it seems that the kernel boots (because it goes past the oneplus logo), but does not boot into the OS

Tried Booting this release on Slimsabers CAF and got a bootloop, what could be the causes? Ramdisk perhaps?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Just wait for an rom update. The kernel build date is newer than the rom build date. I offically only support sulatanxda's caf rom. It may work on other CAF roms, too.

DerRomtester

Aug 20, 2012
Neumarkt
So you don't use any kernel?
Yes, because i had problems with sultans rom and i lime to modify the ramdisk like i want. And this way i know that there is no bull**** inside the ramdisk. Is render CAF kernel working?

Edit:
i don't have problems with his rom i have problems to get anykernel ramdisk working like i want

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, all.
    This is a CAF kernel based on @Sultanxda 's kernel. But there are so many features inside that we can call it a completely different kernel.
    So all credits got to him and myfluxi (and all devs around here)

Differences to his kernel:
    - removed mpdecision
    - added zen decsision hotplug
    - added mako hotplug
    - Stock CPU frequency table (no underclock by default)
    - charge control ( i hope it is working)
    - more I/O schedulers (bfq default)
    - disabled Add Random, CRC, I/O Stats and Rotational for better performance
    - francos sound control
    - added option to enable/disable fsync
    - default TCP algorithm: westood (enabled all available)
    - added an option to enable/disable gentle fair sleepers (disabled by default for better battery + performance)
    - tuned performance profiles
    - PVS/SPEED level interface (you can see that inside synapse)
    - GPU stats for each frequency
    - change kernel compression to XZ
    - tuned the LED color
    - lowerd GPU voltage constraints

Flashing instructions:

- backup your boot.img (just in case)
    - flash kernel
    - reboot

Source Code

https://github.com/DerRomtester/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974

Confirmed working roms [CAF roms only]:
    sultanxda's CAF based Rom
    Euphoria OS CAF
    ProjectX CAF

You like my work?
    Feel free to donate: Donate-Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    TYR KERNEL CAF, Kernel for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
    DerRomtester
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-07-07
    Last Updated 2015-07-07
    Version 9
    @kalpik here you go :)
    * almost fixed all build warnings (just in case)
    * fixed compass on kernel side (the rom needs an update https://github.com/sultanxda/propri...mmit/0cf2594584e89350d8e881f3257f0c6a29b1e361, too)
    * merged new wifi driver: prima: merge LA.BF.1.1 (maybe there is an improvement)

Don't forget to hit the thx button. All developers do that in their free time. :)
    Version 30 big changes are incoming!

After 2 hours and 30 min of work a new kernel is ready with these changes. I called it Version 30 because the changes are very big and new and somehow a bit experimental. (btw. CM did the same with CM13. They also synced many parts with CAF.) Now we are up to date with the changes Qualcom did the last 3 month.

* updated prima (wifi) driver to LA.BF.1.1.3-00110-8x74.0
    * synced with CAF LA.BF.1.1.3_rb1.2 (more than 6500 lines of code have changed)
    * Fixed reboots caused by interactive governor
    * Fixed static background noise heard when using a headset
    * Re-enabled ULPS for users with a Sharp panel
    * Added fix for graphical artifacts when waking device from sleep for some users
    * Fixed slow charging speed with some cables (charging speed should be the same as the CM kernel now)
    * updated cubic tcp
    * removed balanced and rq stats hotplug governor (to make the kernel more stable and simple)
    ecc....

Somehow a bit experimental! Lemme know if something does not work.

#Happy Flashing

Don't forget to hit Thx :)
    V10 CAF Changelog
    * updated ramdisk

Halloween Edition V33
    Hotplugs:
    * removed CPUQUIET ( i wasnt happy with that solution i am a big fan of franco)
    * added mako hotplug (disabled by default)
    * added zen decision (enabled by default)

Compiler Optimizations
    * arm: use -mtune=cortex-a15 for Krait targets
    * vfp: according to android's gerrit, krait can use neon-vfpv4

Wakelock:
    * net: bcmdhd: reduce wlan_rx wakelock period

Tcp
    * make cubic the default tcp since google fixed and important tcp bug
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Google-Fixes-TCP-Linux

Performance
    * lowered readahead to 128 because higher values are causing performance regression
    https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/commit/aa87390

Toolchain
    * compiled with latest UBERTC 5.2
    ( i am quite happy with it)

new UKM Version available here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347850878

Download Kernel
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347850879

vector-cute-halloween_53-15081.jpg

Dont forget to hit Thx

Happy Halloween
Our Apps