• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][CC4.7.4 - A15][AOSP/CM11S]Sensei Kernel[8/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
Boots on the 10th nightly. But gets way warm and I can't control it. Oh well. Using faux clock.

Sent from my bacon

My phone stays around 36 degrees Celsius with this. How hot is yours?

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

On the latest nightly build, 30b10r3, my SMS stopped working. If anyone else is using that build, please tell me if you can use your SMS. I reverted back to 30b10r2 and SMS started working again.

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
After playing pirates for a while, it gets so hot that I can barely hold the phone. Don't have exact numbers but I could hazard a guess around 60-70 C. Not sure what the default limits for intellithermal is.

Sent from my bacon

Hmm, that is really hot! In Synapse, is the SoC Temperature Throttle checkbox checked? I'm not sure if that's linked to Intellithermal or not, but there is no toggle for intellithermal right now so I'm not sure if that's related. I would check the box and watch your temperature then.

stab244

Dec 17, 2009
Bay Area
Hmm, that is really hot! In Synapse, is the SoC Temperature Throttle checkbox checked? I'm not sure if that's linked to Intellithermal or not, but there is no toggle for intellithermal right now so I'm not sure if that's related. I would check the box and watch your temperature then.
I use faux clock and the tabs to monitor CPU temps and adjust intellithermal settings are missing. And for whatever reason cool tools doesn't have CPU temperatures either.

Sent from my bacon

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
I use faux clock and the tabs to monitor CPU temps and adjust intellithermal settings are missing. And for whatever reason cool tools doesn't have CPU temperatures either.

Sent from my bacon

Have you flashed UKM and have Synapse installed? I understand if you prefer other tools, but it might be worthwhile trying Synapse out, because I know that it works well with AK kernal, and thus Sensei kernel.

stab244

Dec 17, 2009
Bay Area
Have you flashed UKM and have Synapse installed? I understand if you prefer other tools, but it might be worthwhile trying Synapse out, because I know that it works well with AK kernal, and thus Sensei kernel.
Most AK features are also faux features. Intellithermal should be limiting CPU frequencies by itself anyways. Shouldn't need to check an option. I'll just have to wait for OP to figure out why intellithermal settings aren't a being exposed so I can fine tune it myself.

Sent from my bacon

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
Most AK features are also faux features. Intellithermal should be limiting CPU frequencies by itself anyways. Shouldn't need to check an option. I'll just have to wait for OP to figure out why intellithermal settings aren't a being exposed so I can fine tune it myself.

Sent from my bacon

Ok, and yeah OP is trying to figure that out haha. But if you want a temp fix for temperature, I can verify that enabling SoC Temp Throttle in Synapse keeps your phone nice and cool :good:

AzN_devil

May 18, 2005
Just tried the Nightly Kernel with Default Settings and it rebooted itself after 30 minutes of WhatsApp and Dolphin Web Browsing.

Used together with PA. Checked in Synapse that the kernel defaults to SELinux Enforcing, don't know if this causes a problem with PA as it requires Permissive to be set.

Also noticed the default Hotplug Page in Synapse has MPDecision and CPU Boost Driver both enabled at the same time. Is this normal? Thanks

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

Sent from my bacon

Intelli-thermal settings are not showing, if your thermal is causing issues revert to another build, I am working on resolving this issue ASAP around my work schedule.

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Just tried the Nightly Kernel with Default Settings and it rebooted itself after 30 minutes of WhatsApp and Dolphin Web Browsing.

Used together with PA. Checked in Synapse that the kernel defaults to SELinux Enforcing, don't know if this causes a problem with PA as it requires Permissive to be set.

Also noticed the default Hotplug Page in Synapse has MPDecision and CPU Boost Driver both enabled at the same time. Is this normal? Thanks

yes this is normal, those are default settings after a flash, feel free to change them though:)

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
My List:
- BFQ IO Scheduler
- Simple GPU Govenor
- latest Linux Kernel version (3.4.x)
- Dynamic Fsync by Faux123 (if its not included)
- ZRAM (configurable with FauxClock)
- Compile the kernel with Sabermod

Last one may be a hard one, simple GPU governor is there. BFQ didn't add in properly, I will have to fix it, and AK source is already merging new Linux versions. I will look into dyn fsync.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

srps

Sep 24, 2013
Let's get some feature requests going in the meantime!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Not exactly a feature, but:

OK guys the ghost touches are killing me on my device so here is a hopefully fixed kernel with some synaptic changes and improved touchness. LINK. Please test the kernel it work only on CM11 roms and post feedbacks. Flash with fasboot command.

Think this would be possible to implement as well, if it works? Since the source is from AK this is probably beyond the scope of Sensei, but... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IEKUc4C.png

This is a kernel heavily based on AK kernel including the extra features/tweaks for my personal use. I will consider adding requested features, so don't forget to request stuff!

PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS: Stable, Nightly and CM11S Stable

Features:

Kernel based on AK kernel
    Extra CPU governors(Intelliactive)
    Extra I/O schedulers(Zen, FIOPS, sio)
    BLX(Nightly only!)

Flashing Instructions:
    1. Flash Kernel
    2. Flash UKM(http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/zip-synapse-script-universal-kernel-t2736986)
    3. Reboot
    4. Install Synapse from Google Play

Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17694

OT will be accepted, although fighting/arguing will not be tolerated. We need a friendly and helping community, remember you were a noob once too, so feel free to help others.

Source: https://github.com/RIPng/AK-onePone

Credits:
    @ak for his kernel base
    CyanogenMod
    @f100cleveland for helping revive the sensei
    @TheShoxter for the logo
    New AOSP build is up!
    Alright guys, I have merged new CM code, I believe one commit may fix the touch issues:) Here goes hoping! Anyhow, the new build will be up shortly! From here on out, I will be moving to building only nightlies!

UPDATE: It's up! Let's hope those dirty bugs are squashed!
    ANNOUNCEMENT

OP is working to create kernel on CM base instead of AK base. This allows for faster merging of CM commits to kernel because it bypasses having to wait for AK to make his commits, and gives OP more control of the code that goes into kernel. This results in a more refined and efficient kernel.

When kernel is fully converted to pure CM base, thread will then be moved to Original Android Development section ;)

I am hoping to have this done by the end of the weekend.

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk
    Guy I just bought myself a new build machine:) It should be here soon! It's a laptop, but it's got 16gb DDR3, i7 4710HQ and an NVIDIA GTX 860M 4GB, oh and it's UHD. So hopefully, this will allow me to build the kernel a lot faster;)

PS: New build incoming;)