• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][CC4.7.4 - A15][AOSP/CM11S]Sensei Kernel[8/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Update working fine. Screen seems to have no issues. A quick question, how can I control BLX without UKM/Synapse? Can I use init.d? Still having faux sound issues. But that probably isn't your fault.

Sent from my bacon

BLX is automatically set to 100, I am not sure if there is a way to modify it via commands, I suppose you could always give init.d a try.

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Update working fine. Screen seems to have no issues. A quick question, how can I control BLX without UKM/Synapse? Can I use init.d? Still having faux sound issues. But that probably isn't your fault.

Edit: Oh and I tried asking faux about the CPU idle state stuff but he didn't reply on Twitter. Maybe I'll try asking here.

Sent from my bacon

And commits will always work better when asking to implement something, I noticed with zram an dynamic fsync there are hundreds of commits, which aren't really worth it. Our device is quite high end and wouldn't benefit too much from those features anyhow.

kyva1929

Jun 20, 2013

Edit: Oh and I tried asking faux about the CPU idle state stuff but he didn't reply on Twitter. Maybe I'll try asking here.

Sent from my bacon

In the other BLX implementation (nexus S, nexus 7 2013), there are sysfs interface created that allows you to echo charging limit in mV / percentage to the sysfs objects. (static DEVICE_ATTR(...) in the patched charging driver source code).

Edit:

from BLX.c source code:
static DEVICE_ATTR(charging_limit, S_IRUGO | S_IWUGO, blx_charginglimit_read, blx_charginglimit_write);

there should be a sysfs object created somewhere that you can echo a value in percentage as the charging limit.

Another edit:
You should find the sysfs object here:

/sys/class/misc/batterylifeextender

Last edited:

danny_and_2

Sep 14, 2008
Denmark

Thank you very much, I really like with the AK kernel that I can use the performance title in status bar, which dosen't seem to stick with franco's kernel. :)
2 early for me to come up with different comparisons between those 2 kernel yet, but so far +1 for AK. :)

However AK hasen't synced with CM yet & i'm gone for the wekkend so it would be super cool to flash this instead! :laugh:

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Thank you very much, I really like with the AK kernel that I can use the performance title in status bar, which dosen't seem to stick with franco's kernel. :)
2 early for me to come up with different comparisons between those 2 kernel yet, but so far +1 for AK. :)

However AK hasen't synced with CM yet & i'm gone for the wekkend so it would be super cool to flash this instead! :laugh:

I can't resolve the conflicts on the final file until later tonight after work. I can't guarantee this code will work, I will upload a build afterwards and hopefully it works, if it doesn't it will be pulled.

Reactions: acuicultor

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
ANNOUNCEMENT

OP is working to create kernel on CM base instead of AK base. This allows for faster merging of CM commits to kernel because it bypasses having to wait for AK to make his commits, and gives OP more control of the code that goes into kernel. This results in a more refined and efficient kernel.

When kernel is fully converted to pure CM base, thread will then be moved to Original Android Development section ;)

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
ANNOUNCEMENT

OP is working to create kernel on CM base instead of AK base. This allows for faster merging of CM commits to kernel because it bypasses having to wait for AK to make his commits, and gives OP more control of the code that goes into kernel. This results in a more refined and efficient kernel.

When kernel is fully converted to pure CM base, thread will then be moved to Original Android Development section ;)

I am hoping to have this done by the end of the weekend.

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IEKUc4C.png

This is a kernel heavily based on AK kernel including the extra features/tweaks for my personal use. I will consider adding requested features, so don't forget to request stuff!

PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS: Stable, Nightly and CM11S Stable

Features:

Kernel based on AK kernel
    Extra CPU governors(Intelliactive)
    Extra I/O schedulers(Zen, FIOPS, sio)
    BLX(Nightly only!)

Flashing Instructions:
    1. Flash Kernel
    2. Flash UKM(http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/zip-synapse-script-universal-kernel-t2736986)
    3. Reboot
    4. Install Synapse from Google Play

Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17694

OT will be accepted, although fighting/arguing will not be tolerated. We need a friendly and helping community, remember you were a noob once too, so feel free to help others.

Source: https://github.com/RIPng/AK-onePone

Credits:
    @ak for his kernel base
    CyanogenMod
    @f100cleveland for helping revive the sensei
    @TheShoxter for the logo
    New AOSP build is up!
    Alright guys, I have merged new CM code, I believe one commit may fix the touch issues:) Here goes hoping! Anyhow, the new build will be up shortly! From here on out, I will be moving to building only nightlies!

UPDATE: It's up! Let's hope those dirty bugs are squashed!
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I am hoping to have this done by the end of the weekend.

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk
    Guy I just bought myself a new build machine:) It should be here soon! It's a laptop, but it's got 16gb DDR3, i7 4710HQ and an NVIDIA GTX 860M 4GB, oh and it's UHD. So hopefully, this will allow me to build the kernel a lot faster;)

PS: New build incoming;)