• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [CEPHEUS] [Android 10.0 Miui 11] [Linux-4.14.120 [CLANG10.01]-Evira Kernel

Search This thread

Nuno Oliveira

Dec 22, 2007
In what order exactly? Sorry I have to ask.

Like is it flash ROM, flash kernel, reboot, change file system and push fstab patch and flash it and then reboot again?

Also, where did you get the patch?
Can't really remember the correct order, but it won't hurt if you flash fstab out of it.

What I remember, absolutely not mandatory, was:
Flash rom and booted
Next flash kernel, again booted
In recovery change file system of data and cache. Obviously this wipes the partition, backup your data.
Rebooted recovery, copyed fstabs, flashed, and done.

I think I flashed patch before and after changing file system, but no harm done. File attached.View attachment fstab_patch_F2FS_MI9_Cache_NoBarrier.zip

Enviado do meu MI 9 através do Tapatalk

LubbeSGS

Jan 30, 2011
Stellenbosch
Root after flashing custom kernel

Hey, so it is my first time with Xiaomi after many years of Samsung.

After I unlocked the bootloader, can I flash TWRP and then the custom kernel? Will my device then have root by default or require root? Is the default configuration of the kernel fine or does it need to be tweaked (which app do you use for tweaking the kernel?)

I don't need root as I don't want to complicate banking apps etc. (maybe one day when I figured out all the safety net magisk stuff, but now just want improve the speed).

kaydentc1

After I unlocked the bootloader, can I flash TWRP and then the custom kernel? Will my device then have root by default or require root? Is the default configuration of the kernel fine or does it need to be tweaked (which app do you use for tweaking the kernel?)

I don't need root as I don't want to complicate banking apps etc. (maybe one day when I figured out all the safety net magisk stuff, but now just want improve the speed).

The kernel doesn't require root. Kernel tweakers (such as L Speed, kernel auditor, and many other authentic ones) do require root. As soon as you flash the kernel, the system one will be replaced with the one you just flashed. However, you can always take it a step further and get magisk and download a kernel tweaker. If you don't want root, just let the kernel do the work

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LubbeSGS

LubbeSGS

Jan 30, 2011
Stellenbosch
The kernel doesn't require root. Kernel tweakers (such as L Speed, kernel auditor, and many other authentic ones) do require root. As soon as you flash the kernel, the system one will be replaced with the one you just flashed. However, you can always take it a step further and get magisk and download a kernel tweaker. If you don't want root, just let the kernel do the work

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Cool, and actually I don't even need TWRP, right? I can flash the Kernel with fastboot?

smeroni68

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Milano
Cool, and actually I don't even need TWRP, right? I can flash the Kernel with fastboot?
You need Twrp because the kernel zip file isn't a boot.img.
The flash of this zip unpack the original boot image and do an elaboration to rebuild a new boot.img via Anykernel (and create the Evira kernel boot.img).

If you don't want to install Twrp, you can try with fastboot to boot temporarily the Twrp image and elaborate the kernel install.

Rename the twrp image as twrp.img and use this command:

fastboot boot twrp.img

But if you unlocked the bootloader, this means you wanna do modding on your phone!

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

smeroni68

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Milano

For your information, root with Magisk isn't a problem for safetynet and bank apps, because magisk manage as setting the hide function of root vs selected apps and more interesting it can hide itself vs the os installed.

Safetynet is respected also, so isn't a real problem vs the points you wrote.

You can check on the screenshot attached here.

I use two different banking plus a credit card apps, and all works perfectly in my phone.

But I can understand that you wanna avoid root active. Up to you. Screenshot_2020-01-05-09-23-43-166_com.ZeXJWLncqV1.NRpD.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

LubbeSGS

Jan 30, 2011
Stellenbosch
Thank you very much smeroni68.
As this is my main phone, I am being pragmatic and cautious in exploring modding in the world of mi customizations, while being new. Baby steps for now, then in due course I will try all the cool things ?

Reactions: smeroni68

DieAbrissbirne

Feb 19, 2010
Dortmund
Does this kernel support the magisk module Advanced Charging Controller (ACC)?
I want to adjust charging current, because I don't need fast charging and want to save battery life.
Thanks for your work!

P. S. I'm on latest Xiaomi.Eu Rom Miui 11.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FX2ywZSV%2Fxdaevira.png
    I present Evira For miui 11 q
    If flash kernel on latest eu or dev miui variant fp stop work.
    This kernel all function work only on stable miui 11
    Telegram Group:
    JOIN
    Kernel Features:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Upstreamed to 4.14.120
    -Merge LA.UM.8.1.r1-12200-sm8150.0,LA.UM.8.1.r1-11800-sm8150.0 by caf
    -Added bloeffa wakeblock with prebuilt block list
    -Dynamic fsync
    -Battery tweak
    -Usb fast carghe
    -GPU 830mhz overclock - stable and smooth - most MIUI Dev based ROMs can enable via dialing *#*#8106#*#* - enable MaxFreq GPU Mode
    -F2FS data and cache partition support
    -ZRAM LZ4 data encryption enabled

Download:
    Evira_q_Miui:1.0

Source :
    Evira_Source
    Hi,
    Fingerprint is not work, what can i do for this

You can learn to read
    I say fp work only on stable miui read!!!
    Thread cleaned

If you have something to contribute on topic you're welcome.
    But don't be rude to other members. This manner of posting is not tolerated.

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

If you come across posts that are not OK just hit the report button, move on and let the mods handle it, don't reply:good:

Regards!

strongst
    Forum Moderator