[KERNEL]CivZ SkyWalker_RF2.5rm (MAX OC 1.504GHz) for ICS / New bootloader(06/07/2013)

Search This thread

uizz

Jul 26, 2010
Explain what's wrong with init.d ;)

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

Ok,
the script 05zram doesn't run at boot.
At first I thought that I solved the problem by adding "busybox" before "mknod".
With that the script works successfully if launched manually (./05zram).
But after reboot if i check with "busybox free" I can see the script didn't run.
Neither do another script that I made.

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Ok,
the script 05zram doesn't run at boot.
At first I thought that I solved the problem by adding "busybox" before "mknod".
With that the script works successfully if launched manually (./05zram).
But after reboot if i check with "busybox free" I can see the script didn't run.
Neither do another script that I made.
Your problem is a rom problem , I got no problems with init.d working.
With this kernel and my rom FLEX-Icer.
You can check if init is working , file manager with root permission:
data/local/tmp/ there needs to be a file initd_test.txt.
If it is not there it is not working , but again nothing to do with the kernel as all works just fine here.

pasolvon

Jul 27, 2012
Istanbul
Last edited:

civato

Apr 20, 2011
Dear civato,

i got bsod when plug-in my usb cable. (phone is sleeping, cable is original lg data cable). it's repeatable problem for me. my configuration on my signing.

can you apply this fix for this issue?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2041173

Original correction from nvidia: http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?...ff;h=4aa922c024b2a194d7b68b22a66dfcf86e7838b3

I will add this fix in kernel , no problem.

Just been making patches for the community so they see what changed in sithlord against the stock kernel.
Trying to contribute a little.

Edit: already done for the upcoming RF1.3

Edit2: Future info about kernel updates can be followed on github and in post number 2 of this thread:
Here a preview of what is in post nr2.

Source and more info on changes beeing made compared to V30B

GithHub SithLord RF1.2 source = This already contains all the changes compared to V30B stock kernel without commits so that is the reason I will post the patches or changes I made. Future updates to the kernel will be commited in GitHub.

OC/Voltage patch P990 (Big thanks to WKPARK)

The first working patch I made is the one for the OC and voltage settings I use in SithLord RF1.2.
This is based on WKPARK patch he made for the SU660.

-I changed some stuff so it default speed is 1000MHz , and the max OC is 1456MHz.
-Added 1100 & 1300MHz frequency table.
-I also made changes so the voltage and CPU frequency show correctly in Antutu , SystemTuner.
SetCPU already showed it correctly.

How to use?
Download the attachment "P990_OC-1465-CivZ.patch"
You can add the lines manually or you put the file in your root directory of the kernel you are going to compile and use the following command in terminal opened on you kernel folder:
Code:
patch -p1 < P990_OC-1465-CivZ.patch
I already made the patches for the Governors and Schedulers but there seems to be a problem with these when compiling.
But don't worry I will post all the info................

Last edited:

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
Re: [KERNEL] CivZ SITHLORD Kernel - for LG ICS roms / New bootloader only

Thanks, civato, for your always stable work. I'm running cf02 rh32mb now in 1200mhz undervolted for 3 days, not a single bsod or fc, and the phone surprisingly cold even after benchmarks. That's cool because heat=wasted energy.
As you asked, here is some screenshots, the first with my normal 1200mhz savagedzen (or something... ;) and row. The second just for fun on 1450 performance, the two with that uptime and no memory optimizations, using with multitasking and keeping around 40-50mb free.
uploadfromtaptalk1359415318709.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359415350243.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359415401481.jpg

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: civato

ivaneris

Apr 3, 2012
Blora

Here's my benchmark result..with savagedzen+ row cpu max 1200 min 216 all uv-ed 50mv
Well not bad..considering i have quite many apps installed..:D
nu4enuja.jpg

Sent from my LG-P990

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359424658300.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359424658300.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Reactions: civato

civato

Apr 20, 2011
Info RF1.3

Cleaned out the kernel code as there was some crap added by me while learning this kernel stuff.
Also preparing to commit GitHub properly so every change will be shown to the Dev or user that wants to know.

Changes in upcoming RF1.3:

-USB plugin BSOD fix by NVIDIA added.

-Changed settings of the "deadline" scheduler so it perform better.

-Added powersave governor.

-Changed some settings in the -03 flags. (should be smoother, my test version is in my opinion)

-Cleaned out the kernel code. (restarted from scratch with a V30B clean stock code, I also did this to make sure my future commits on github would be 100% correct)

release: Hope this week if I got the time and I want to do the github stuff also correctly this time.

jmsmartins

Jan 13, 2009
Faro
Cleaned out the kernel code as there was some crap added by me while learning this kernel stuff.
Also preparing to commit GitHub properly so every change will be shown to the Dev or user that wants to know.

-Changed some settings in the -03 flags. (should be smoother, my test version is in my opinion)

-Cleaned out the kernel code. (restarted from scratch with a V30B clean stock code, I also did this to make sure my future commits on github would be 100% correct)

release: Hope this week if I got the time and I want to do the github stuff also correctly this time.

Great! looking forward to this one!

ivaneris

Apr 3, 2012
Blora

Owww.....awesome...guess i need to be more patient..╋╋ム ╋╋ム ╋╋ム =)) ╋╋ム ╋╋ム ╋╋ム...

------------------
Btw..i just testing a benchmark with max 1456 min 216 no uv/ov lionhart governor and vr scheduler
Here it is...
y6ane4ej.jpg

Sent from my LG-P990

Reactions: ensboarder

ahnuc

Jan 23, 2013
Porto

Good work, civato :good:

yarisd4dturbo

Jul 5, 2008
Rome
R: [KERNEL] CivZ SITHLORD Kernel - for LG ICS roms / New bootloader only

Eh eh eh i can't wait :)

Inviato dal mio Mediacom 101s2 usando tapatalk hd

uizz

Jul 26, 2010
Your problem is a rom problem , I got no problems with init.d working.
With this kernel and my rom FLEX-Icer.
You can check if init is working , file manager with root permission:
data/local/tmp/ there needs to be a file initd_test.txt.
If it is not there it is not working , but again nothing to do with the kernel as all works just fine here.

Sorry sir, I didn't think init.d was rom-related.
I'm on stock V30A, I successfully managed to add init.d support with this app made by a fellow xda developer.
I would advise everybody on stock rom to update Busybox though, otherwise the 05zram script could not work due to missing symlinks.
Another strange thing, I restored a nandroid backup with the stock kernel and I got a Encryption Unsuccessful error message at boot.
Then I flashed your kernel and everything worked :victory: don't know what was the problem though, maybe cwm 6.0.25?
Anyway, thanks for the kernel, very very stable and can't wait for the future release :good:
Sorry for the long post

Last edited:

civato

Apr 20, 2011
Sorry sir, I didn't think init.d was rom-related.
I'm on stock V30A, I successfully managed to add init.d support with this app made by a fellow xda developer.
I would advise everybody to update Busybox though, otherwise the 05zram script could not work due to missing symlinks.
Another strange thing, I restored a nandroid backup with the stock kernel and I got a Encryption Unsuccessful error message at boot.
Then I flashed your kernel and everything worked :victory: don't know what was the problem though, maybe cwm 6.0.25?
Anyway, thanks for the kernel, very very stable and can't wait for the future release :good:
Sorry for the long post

Every one on FLEX-ICS don't update busy box from play store!
The busy box installer in my rom makes it primary and not the default toolbox.
Don't know about stock rom as I don't use it.

On my FLEX ICS rom all init.d scripts run with my kernel.

Reactions: jklm17

wyckson

Mar 12, 2007
Utrecht
www.gedichtenvoornu.nl
Non ramhack version

Goodmorning!

Is possible to have a Kernel availble without the Ramhack, since my phone camera just wont work with any ramhack version.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

WyCkson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These kernels should work on every stock ICS LG rom or custom rom based on LG ICS rom.

Civato kernels build with V30B LG source & compiled on google 4.4.3 toolchain.

Thanks to :
    WKPARK patchesRamHack and first OC patch

Also want to thank pengus77 , ezterry, godmachine81 , Thor2002ro, Faux123,chad0989 , Pidozz

NOTE:

I'm not a DEV and not pretending to be one, I'm a android enthusiast.

I would like to thank all XDA members that are helpful.
    I build and mod stuff for my personal needs and then I share them.
    Do I want something in return? NO.
    You don't like it, no problem, there are enough good DEV's with there kernel to help you along.

So on request I started a separate thread for this kernel , it started with my rom and the need for a good custom kernel.

I don't provide any guarantee or a lawer if your phone explode and you get accused and charged for a terrorist act.

To be clear , the kernel got the POSSIBILITY to OC and tweak , if you don't do anything it runs at stock settings.
    Meaning = MAX speed 1000MHz , Noop scheduler , interactive governor= LG default settings.

CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.5rm

SU660 version of this kernel is available here

Sithlord in 3 different versions.
    Ramhack or no ramhack
    usb FastCharge
    Compiled with Optimized flags-O3/-O2

-OC up to 1.5GHz , UV/OV , default boot up speed is 1.0GHz
    -Minimum UV 650mV , Maximum OV 1400mV
    Best CPU control app when you want to UV is free for XDA members SETCPU , download 2.24 or buy it, SUPPORT the devs! (it allows you to type in voltage changes and not only slide), Remember only steps of 10mV are real values , if you apply a step of 25mV it will actually be 20mV. So use setcpu to type in voltage steps of 10mV , 20mV , 30mV, ...............

-GPU 3D & 2D ( scales from 300 - 425MHz)
    (stock is 300)

-Terminal kernel control commands
    (Led light , FSYNC control , ZRam , Modules, SWAP increase)

-USB FastCharge
    (disabled at default)

-Available RamHack :No ramhack /24mb / 32mb

- Extra zRam 96Mb
    (disabled by default)

-Governors:
    Powersaver
    PERFORMANCE
    USERSPACE
    ONDEMAND
    INTERACTIVE in dynamic mode (default)
    CONSERVATIVE

LulzActive

(LulzActive tegrak tweak app included)
    LionHeart

-Shedulers
    NOOP(default)
    DEADLINE
    CFQ
    SIO
    ROW
    BFQ-v5
    Zen
    VR

-Led control thanks to pengus77 (Max at default)

-Dynamic FSYNC @ Faux123 & Pengus77 (Disabled at default)

-Extra Modules loadable/unloadable on the fly

-Voltages / Frequencies:
    NO 5mV steps as they are not supported by the LG regulator (Thanks Pengus77 for the heads-up)
    750mV(216MHz) ; 780mV(312MHz) ; 800mV(456MHz) ; 850mV(608MHz) ; 900mV(760MHz); 920mV(816MHz) ; 950mV(912MHz) ; 1000mV(1000MHz boot up speed) ; 1050mV(1100MHz) 1100mV( 1200MHz); 1150mV(1300MHz); 1200mV(1408MHz) ; 1300mV(1504MHz)

Kernel control options to use with Terminal: (Settings are applied immediately and stick even after reboot now)

For a list of the commands on your phone (in case you forgot)
    Type in terminal
    su(enter)civz(enter)

Dynamic FSYNC control: (disabled by default)
    Terminal command:
    su (enter) df_on (enter) = This will enable Dynamic FSYNC (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)
    su (enter) df_off (enter) = This will disable Dynamic FSYNC (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)

Led Brightness control: (Maximum brightness by default)
    Terminal command:
    su (enter) ledmin (enter) = This will set led at minimum brightness (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)
    su (enter) ledmed (enter) = This will set led at medium brightness (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)
    su (enter) ledmax (enter) = This will set led at maximum brightness (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)

Load/unload Extra Modules : (Modules are unloaded by default)
    (Cifs; hfs; hfs+; md4; nls_utf8; sha256; sha512)
    Terminal command:
    su (enter) m_load (enter) = This will load the extra modules (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)
    su (enter) m_unload (enter) = This will unload the extra modules (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)

Enable/Disable EXTRA ZRam96MB: (Disabled by default)
    Terminal command:
    su (enter) zram_on (enter) = This will enable ZRam96MB (Reboot is needed to apply changes and sticks after reboot)
    su (enter) zram_off (enter) = This will disable ZRam96MB (Reboot is needed to apply changes and sticks after reboot)

Enable/Disable LG 131MB SWAP or 260MB SWAP: (131MB is LG default)
    Terminal command:
    su (enter) lg_swap_of (enter) = This will disable LG swap (Reboot is needed to apply changes and sticks after reboot)
    su (enter) lg_swap130_on (enter) = This will enable LG 130MB swap (Reboot is needed to apply changes and sticks after reboot)
    su(enter)lg_swap260_on(enter) = This will enable LG 260MB swap (Reboot is needed to apply changes and sticks after reboot)

Note on LG swap: The 131Mb is default of LG
    LG got this enabled in the stock LG rom and it uses the dev/block/mmcblk0p4 (unused partition) for it so not the same as ZRam that uses /dev/block/zram0 file. The LG Swap partition is enabled by default , I just add this command so if a user don't want to use the LG swap it can be done now with a single command.

Change system swappines value: (Android default is 60)
    (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)
    Terminal command:
    su(enter)swappines_0(enter) = set swappines at 0 = system waits very long to swap , Kills tasks very quick
    su(enter)swappines_20(enter) = set swappines at 20 = Performance setting for gaming
    su(enter)swappines_40(enter) = set swappines at 40 = Performance setting and some multitasking
    su(enter)swappines_60(enter) = set swappines at 60 = Androids default , balanced setting
    su(enter)swappines_80(enter) = set swappines at 80 = Aimed for multitasking/Balanced
    su(enter)swappines_100(enter) = set swappines at 100 = Aimed for extreme multitasking , NOT GAMING

Update GPS lto
    (this is done automatically with a init.d script , so in case it failed, here a way to do this manually)
    Terminal command:
    su (enter) gps_update (enter) = This will update gps lto file , if the file is not older then 5 days it won' t update.

Change system Fatsdormancy setting:
    (setting are applied immediately and sticks after reboot)
    Terminal command:
    su(enter)fastdormancy_on(enter)=enable Fastdormancy = android default
    su(enter)fastdormancy_off(enter)=disable Fastdormancy

Note about fastcharge option in kernel:
    It is OFF at default, user needs to enable it.
    Use at own risk, it is meant to use on car/plain chargers, don't know the effect in the long term.
    And I don't know the effect when ussed on a PC usb connection.

The "FastCharge" app from playstore is installed in data, use it to toggle ON/OFF.
    Or use the following terminal commands:
    To enable it = echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
    To disable it= echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

If you use fastcharge on a pc, usb will not be mounted and no data can be received or send.
    Based on the work of chad0989 , Pidozz and Pengus77.

LG-P990-VERSIONS

CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.5rm

CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.5rm_24RH

CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.5rm_32RH

SU660-VERSIONS of this kernel is available here

Side note on USB BSOD (screen off and pluging in usb resulting in BSOD)
    I noticed that with enabled Dynamic FSYNC or a to high OC it can still occur.
    So in that case please turn on screen before plugging in USB.

Changelog:
    New in RF1.3-Cleaned out the kernel source
    -Powersaver governor activated
    -Optimized deadline scheduler
    -Nvidia USB plugin BSOD fix

New in RF1.4:
    -Added BFQ-v5r1 scheduler
    @ iBluemind
    (More info see Q&A)
    -More versions.

New in RF1.5:
    -Fix for governor switching
    (coming from hotplug to a other governor made one core stuck in sleep state , resulting in bad performance and instability).
    -3 New governors: "Aggressive" , "Gallimaufry", "Sakuractive".
    -Most governors optimized.
    (reverted BFQ to V5 version, performance is smoother I think)
    -New "Zen" scheduler and most schedulers optimized
    -Reduced android logger time.
    -Increased readahead (1024kb instead of the default 128kb)
    -Included mmc_cap hard brick fix. (Don't know if it is needed on this phone but can't hurt, a lot of samsung phones died this way when wiping data in recovery)
    -Controle led brightness
    ledmin ; ledmed; ledmax

NEW RF1.5_FC edition
    Added USB Fast Charge in this edition.

8-Feb-2013:
    RF1.6:
    -Only compiled on -03 CF flags and with FastCharge option.
    -GPU 3D clock up to 400MHz
    (Before it was 350 where stock is 300)
    -Patch for EXt4 error.
    -CPU Freq lock off
    -Reverted deadline scheduler
    -Ramdisk got back the old settings for better battery life when not OC'd.
    -216 and 312 MHz default voltage dropped with 25mV.
    -Ramp-up speed on interactive back to 80 , you can change this in setcpu.

10-Feb-2013
    RF1.7:
    -Max CPU OC is now 1.5GHz
    -New Lower default Voltage table:
    750mV(216MHz) ; 775mV(312MHz) ; 800mV(456MHz) ; 850mV(608MHz) ; 900mV(760MHz); 925mV(816MHz) ; 950mV(912MHz) ; 975mV(1000MHz) ; 1050mV(1100MHz) 1125mV( 1200MHz) ; 1150mV( 1248MHz) ;1200mV(1300MHz) 1250mV(1352MHz) ; 1275mV(1404MHz) ; 1300mV( 1456MHz) ; 1325mV(1500MHz)
    -Voltage settings changed in tegra2_dvfs.c so the 1.5GHz is stable.
    -GPU 2D clock OC'd up to 400MHz
    (stock is 300)
    -Secondary clock epp & mpe OC'd to 350MHz
    (stock is 300)
    -ARCH power enabled
    12-Feb-2013:
    RF1.8 released
    Update for stability reason that some users experienced.
    Thanks to all the testers and there feedback.

-2D & 3D clock decreased back to 350MHz OC
    (this is the RF1.4 setting as this is the best for all users)
    Performance gain is not enough to justified to OC to 400MHz.
    The 400MHz version will not be released public as it is not good for most users, please don't ask for it.

-Secondary mpe clock back to stock for the stability reason.
    -RATE_LIMIT of 3D back to stock for the stability reason.

13-Feb-2013:
    RF1.9

-Bug fix for Reboot /shutdown freeze when OC'd.
    -Voltage table updated.
    -Lower voltage for 1500 and 1456 MHz
    Minimum UV voltage is now 675mV
    -3D GPU 400MHz OC.

16-Feb-2013:
    RX2.0

• New Voltage table for higher stability.
    • New CPU max speed 1.544GHz.
    • New GPU 2D clock of 400MHz.
    • New terminal kernel commands.
    • Compiled with new flags (-O2 with some parts of -O3 flags to reduce code size).
    • Updated voltage table to gain stability when OC'd.
    • Dynamic FSYNC @ Faux123 integrated (Disabled at default)
    • Kernell-HZ increased to 256HZ (stock is 100) for better performance and smoothness.
    • User HZ increased to 200HZ (stock is 100) for smoothness
    • Support for NTFS
    • Support for NFS 3/4
    • HFS & HFS+ as modules
    • CIFS as module
    • md4 as module
    • sha512 as module
    • utf8 as module.

16-Feb-2013:
    RX2.0_b released
    Fix for the terminal commands error.

21-Feb-2013:
    RX2.1 Released

• Reverted User and Kenrel HZ to stock for stability.
    • Reverted back to -O3 custom flags
    • New terminal commands for ZRam and Extra modules
    • USB OTG (on the go) enabled (testing)

22-Feb-2013:
    RX2.2 released:

• Changed some custom flags for decrease of code size.
    • Reverted OTG setting (not working and causing problems)
    • Shed_Features back to stock setting (causing USB pluggin BSOD)
    • New Terminal command 'civz"
    I hope this is a 100% rock solid stable version and I'm truly sorry for the many releases the last few days.
    I wish to bring a stable kernel so some features are reverted as wow factor is not what I look for.01-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SithLord_再见 released

• Main goal 100% stable kernel with good battery life, that is why the following changes are applied:

• Forced governor linked patch (Make sure both cpu's run at the same governor, even with "setcpu & antutu") thanks Ezterry.
    • Max OC 1500MHz with lower voltage table (see in kernel info) , this to reduce battery consumption.
    • Removed a bunch of governors as they caused problems in some situations (so it seemed), see kernel ifo for what is included.
    • LulzActive Governor (with app) , tweaked by me to be less aggressive.

02-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SithLord_再见_r2 released

• Reverted voltage table to RX2.2 release as some users had problems on max OC with lower rail voltages.
    I can UV with -50mV on all frequencies but that is all up to the quality of your tegra2 cpu.07-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF1.0 released

• New name because the OC code totaly changed compared to SithLord.
    • Totally new OC code with new frequencies and very low default voltages.(Thanks to my friend ezterry)
    • Max = Min frequency really fixed (now it won't be stuck at 750MHz when setting max frequency below 760MHz and not just showing the value but actually applying it so now you can set screen-off max at example: 312MHz in a profile with a cpu app).
    • Dynamic MODE enable on the interactive governor.
    • Min Max cpu frequency code changed and editable in defconfig before compiling kernel(Thanks to my friend ezterry)
    • Compiling optimizations flags changed (again thanks to my friend ezterry)
    • LulzActive governor balanced settings with max screen-off frequency of 608MHz
    I would like to thank all the beta testers and I hope the result is up to your expectations!

08-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF1.1 released

• More aggressive lulzactive governor settings on user request
    • New terminal command for LG 131MB swap
    • New terminal command for manual updating GPS lto file
    • Also a SU660 version available
    • 96ZRam disabled by default from now on (not needed in my opinion, swap already got 131Mb on unused partition, but it is still available as a option)
    10-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF1.2 released

• New Max OC speed of 1544MHz
    • 2D GPU back to 400MHz OC
    • OC code updated
    • New Terminal command to increase LG SWAP to 260MB
    • Updated FSYNC with latest Pengus77 release
    • Enabled ARCH-Power
    • SU660 24RH version available
    • "civz" terminal command updated with latest commands

13-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.0 released

• Reverted MAX OC to 1504MHz (this way I could drop rail voltages so it will stay cooler, settings of RF1.0)
    • New Voltage table (no 5mV steps as pengus77 mentioned the regulator doesn't except 5mV steps)
    • Real min voltage is now 650mV (again thanks for pengus77 pointing me this out that board power and regulator had to be modded)Best CPU control app when you want to UV is free for XDA members SETCPU , download 2.24 or buy it, SUPPORT the devs! (it allows you to type in voltage changes and not only slide), Remember only steps of 10mV are real values , if you apply a step of 25mV it will actually be 20mV. So use setcpu to type in voltage steps of 10mV , 20mV , 30mV, ..
    • New Governor , LionHeart , tweaked by me to be very battery friendly.
    • GPU 2 D & 3D scales from 300 - 450MAX . What does this mean: When you play a stressfull game it will go up to Max 450MHz if it can depending on = It scales with voltage and process ID , lower voltage/ lower stress/ lower CPU speed = lower GPU speed. I hope this is the best solution for all users and best for battery/performance.
    • FastCharge updated to pengus77 edition.
    • Kernel Panic Timeout increased to 10 so a automatic reboot can be prevented when running out of memory on multitasking.
    • SU660 gets all versions.
    FOR RF2.0 I would like to thank Pengus77 for his contribution on the voltage control and the updates of FSYNC and FastCharge.
    I would also like to thank my good friend ezterry and godmachine81 for the OC code and GPU code.
    Next I thank all my beta testers for the info and stressing there phone.

14-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.0-b released

• New terminal commands to control the swappines
    • LG terminal command name change !!!
    • civz command updated
    The rest of the kernel is 100% the same!

23-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.2-b released

• New secondary , GPU frequency table.
    • 3D Clock scales max to 425MHz.
    • 2D clock scales up to 400MHz max (only when needed in heavy load)
    • USB connection delay patch
    • Fastdormancy terminal command
    29-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.3rm released

• gspca_main.ko module moved to optional modules
    • Stripped of all debugging = Lighter and optimized code
    • Fixed some code errors while compiling

06-Jul-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.5rm released

• SetCPU 3.1.0 and higher reverted voltage fixed so on older versions of setCPU this kernel won't report correctly.

Note on LG SWAP increase:
    Remember that on stock LG rom the default LG swap is 131MB. If you change kernel that doesn't got this terminal option and you changed the swap size or disabled it , no problem the swap commands are installed in system/bin so if you didn't delete them you can always use it. This does not count for other terminal command that come with the kernel.

Side note on USB BSOD
    It is very random and still not 100% solved.
    I noticed that with enabled Dynamic FSYNC or a to high OC it can still occur.
    Just turn on your screen before connecting to pc and safe yourself a battery pull.

Side note:
    Kernels comes as a boot.img = ramdisk with zImage.
    Reason is that I made some changes in ramdisk. , init.d support.......

The meaning of this kernel is if you don't OC you get supurb battery life and 100% stability. If you start changing default governors and schedulers it will and can have a effect on battery life and OC to much with to much UV it will get unstable.

I recommend 1.2-1.3GHz for 24/7 use and not more. Governors can have a great effect on battery life. The flexibility in the kernel is there for the user to pick his/her favorite setting.

Source see second post!
    More info about Sithlord and the effect of RamHack and Zram
    INFO:
    Thanks to jee'sgalaxy for the explanation
    These Governors are included
    1: OnDemand Governor:
    This governor has a hair trigger for boosting clockspeed to the maximum speed set by the user. If the CPU load placed by the user abates, the OnDemand governor will slowly step back down through the kernel's frequency steppings until it settles at the lowest possible frequency, or the user executes another task to demand a ramp.

OnDemand has excellent interface fluidity because of its high-frequency bias, but it can also have a relatively negative effect on battery life versus other governors. OnDemand is commonly chosen by smartphone manufacturers because it is well-tested, reliable, and virtually guarantees the smoothest possible performance for the phone. This is so because users are vastly more likely to ***** about performance than they are the few hours of extra battery life another governor could have granted them.

This final fact is important to know before you read about the Interactive governor: OnDemand scales its clockspeed in a work queue context. In other words, once the task that triggered the clockspeed ramp is finished, OnDemand will attempt to move the clockspeed back to minimum. If the user executes another task that triggers OnDemand's ramp, the clockspeed will bounce from minimum to maximum. This can happen especially frequently if the user is multi-tasking. This, too, has negative implications for battery life.

2: Performance Governor:
    This locks the phone's CPU at maximum frequency. While this may sound like an ugly idea, there is growing evidence to suggest that running a phone at its maximum frequency at all times will allow a faster race-to-idle. Race-to-idle is the process by which a phone completes a given task, such as syncing email, and returns the CPU to the extremely efficient low-power state. This still requires extensive testing, and a kernel that properly implements a given CPU's C-states (low power states).

3:Conservative Governor:
    This biases the phone to prefer the lowest possible clockspeed as often as possible. In other words, a larger and more persistent load must be placed on the CPU before the conservative governor will be prompted to raise the CPU clockspeed. Depending on how the developer has implemented this governor, and the minimum clockspeed chosen by the user, the conservative governor can introduce choppy performance. On the other hand, it can be good for battery life.

The Conservative Governor is also frequently described as a "slow OnDemand," if that helps to give you a more complete picture of its functionality.

4: Userspace Governor:
    This governor, exceptionally rare for the world of mobile devices, allows any program executed by the user to set the CPU's operating frequency. This governor is more common amongst servers or desktop PCs where an application (like a power profile app) needs privileges to set the CPU clockspeed.

5: Interactive Governor:
    Much like the OnDemand governor, the Interactive governor dynamically scales CPU clockspeed in response to the workload placed on the CPU by the user. This is where the similarities end. Interactive is significantly more responsive than OnDemand, because it's faster at scaling to maximum frequency.

Unlike OnDemand, which you'll recall scales clockspeed in the context of a work queue, Interactive scales the clockspeed over the course of a timer set arbitrarily by the kernel developer. In other words, if an application demands a ramp to maximum clockspeed (by placing 100% load on the CPU), a user can execute another task before the governor starts reducing CPU frequency. This can eliminate the frequency bouncing discussed in the OnDemand section. Because of this timer, Interactive is also better prepared to utilize intermediate clockspeeds that fall between the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies. This is another pro-battery life benefit of Interactive.

However, because Interactive is permitted to spend more time at maximum frequency than OnDemand (for device performance reasons), the battery-saving benefits discussed above are effectively negated. Long story short, Interactive offers better performance than OnDemand (some say the best performance of any governor) and negligibly different battery life.

Interactive also makes the assumption that a user turning the screen on will shortly be followed by the user interacting with some application on their device. Because of this, screen on triggers a ramp to maximum clockspeed, followed by the timer behavior described above.

6: Powersave Governor:
    The opposite of the Performance governor, the Powersave governor locks the CPU frequency at the lowest frequency set by the user.

7: LulzActive:
    Highly tweakable governor @ tegrak, use the included app to tweak it.

Schedulers:

1: Noop:

Inserts all the incoming I/O requests to a First In First Out queue and implements request merging. Best used with storage devices that does not depend on mechanical movement to access data (yes, like our flash drives). Advantage here is that flash drives does not require reordering of multiple I/O requests unlike in normal hard drives.

Advantages:
    Serves I/O requests with least number of cpu cycles. (Battery friendly?)
    Best for flash drives since there is no seeking penalty.
    Good throughput on db systems.

Disadvantages:
    Reduction in number of cpu cycles used is proportional to drop in performance.

2: Deadline:

Goal is to minimize I/O latency or starvation of a request. The same is achieved by round robin policy to be fair among multiple I/O requests. Five queues are aggressively used to reorder incoming requests.

Advantages:
    Nearly a real time scheduler.
    Excels in reducing latency of any given single I/O.
    Best scheduler for database access and queries.
    Bandwidth requirement of a process - what percentage of CPU it needs, is easily calculated.
    Like noop, a good scheduler for solid state/flash drives.

Disadvantages:
    When system is overloaded, set of processes that may miss deadline is largely unpredictable.

3: CFQ:

Completely Fair Queuing scheduler maintains a scalable per-process I/O queue and attempts to distribute the available I/O bandwidth equally among all I/O requests. Each per-process queue contains synchronous requests from processes. Time slice allocated for each queue depends on the priority of the 'parent' process. V2 of CFQ has some fixes which solves process' i/o starvation and some small backward seeks in the hope of improving responsiveness.

Advantages:
    Considered to deliver a balanced i/o performance.
    Easiest to tune.
    Excels on multiprocessor systems.
    Best database system performance after deadline.

Disadvantages:
    Some users report media scanning takes longest to complete using CFQ. This could be because of the property that since the bandwidth is equally distributed to all i/o operations during boot-up, media scanning is not given any special priority.
    Jitter (worst-case-delay) exhibited can sometimes be high, because of the number of tasks competing for the disk.

5: SIO:

Simple I/O scheduler aims to keep minimum overhead to achieve low latency to serve I/O requests. No priority quesues concepts, but only basic merging. Sio is a mix between noop & deadline. No reordering or sorting of requests.

Advantages:
    Simple, so reliable.
    Minimized starvation of requests.

Disadvantages:
    Slow random-read speeds on flash drives, compared to other schedulers.
    Sequential-read speeds on flash drives also not so good.

6: V(R):

Unlike other schedulers, synchronous and asynchronous requests are not treated separately, instead a deadline is imposed for fairness. The next request to be served is based on it's distance from last request.

Advantages:
    May be best for benchmarking because at the peak of it's 'form' VR performs best.

Disadvantages:
    Performance fluctuation results in below-average performance at times.
    Least reliable/most unstable.

7) BFQ:

Instead of time slices allocation by CFQ, BFQ assigns budgets. Disk is granted to an active process until it's budget (number of sectors) expires. BFQ assigns high budgets to non-read tasks. Budget assigned to a process varies over time as a function of it's behavior.

Advantages:
    • Believed to be very good for usb data transfer rate.
    • Believed to be the best scheduler for HD video recording and video streaming. (because of less jitter as compared to CFQ and others)
    • Considered an accurate i/o scheduler.
    • Achieves about 30% more throughput than CFQ on most workloads.
    Disadvantages:
    • Not the best scheduler for benchmarking.
    • Higher budget assigned to a process can affect interactivity and increased latency.

2.3 released

29-Mar-2013:
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.3rm released

• gspca_main.ko module moved to optional modules
    • Stripped of all debugging = Lighter and optimized code
    • Fixed some code errors while compiling
    LG-P990-VERSIONS
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.3rm
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.3rm_24RH
    CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.3rm_32RH

SU660-VERSIONS of this kernel is available here

Code:
    Older kernel versions:
    LG-P990-VERSIONS
    [URL="http://d-h.st/uYy"]CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.2-b[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/eRU"]CivZ[/URL]_[URL="http://d-h.st/eRU"]SkyWalker_RF2.2_24RH-b[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/lpL"]CivZ_SkyWalker_RF2.2_32RH-b[/URL]
    New Beta RF2.1_24RH beta3

Civato, i am using beta version since last night it is giving me BSOD on 1300 -1504 MHZ using lionheart back to original 2.0 thanxs for your efforts, sorry to try your versions only on weekends you are my hero and a true hero for this comunity

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

Tested with beta3 see below, LionHeart/ row @1504MHz 4708 quadrant points and no BSOD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RF2.1_24RH-Beta3
    (see attachments) - Probably this will be last beta before final release.

• Minor updates in secondary and GPU ramp-up steps.
    • New Terminal command to disable / enable fastdormancy
    Command is
    su(enter)fastdormancy_on(enter)=enable Fastdormancy = android default
    su(enter)fastdormancy_off(enter)=disable Fastdormancy"
    Please share your settings, battery life, benchmark score.................................

My personal settings for a while now:
    -SithLord_RF1.2_32RH_cf03
    -1248MHz 24/7
    -SavagedZen
    -row

It is very snappy and battery friendly.

1248MHz SavagedZen / Row
    antut1248_zpse2fba711.png

1456MHz Performance / ROW
    antut1465_zpsc6b29c1d.png

Quadrant-1456_zps7165b961.png