[KERNEL][CLANG] MiPa Kernel [dipper][10.02.2021]

cioni

Sep 29, 2019
The new pixel experience update says that "IF YOU WANT TO USE A CUSTOM KERNEL, CHECK IF IT HAS SUPPORT FOR POWER-LIBPERFMGR HAL, OTHERWISE EXPECT ISSUES". Does this kernel support this? Love your work

Reactions: CoraYako

Stoffl_

Jan 18, 2007
Not sure if Kernel(probably) or MIUI related but once again had to revert to stock Kernel. With MiPa 9.3 thermals the MI8 wouldn't charge more than 200mA on a hot day in the car, so phone would slowly drain to empty instead. Verry annoying when you're using it for navigation on a long trip.
Admittedly this was at 36°C ambient temperature in direct sunlight and a car without air conditioning, so while charging the battery temp went up to 50°C. But the phone should still be useable.

Reactions: harris123424

harris123424

Feb 22, 2013
Not sure if Kernel(probably) or MIUI related but once again had to revert to stock Kernel. With MiPa 9.3 thermals the MI8 wouldn't charge more than 200mA on a hot day in the car, so phone would slowly drain to empty instead. Verry annoying when you're using it for navigation on a long trip.
Admittedly this was at 36°C ambient temperature in direct sunlight and a car without air conditioning, so while charging the battery temp went up to 50°C. But the phone should still be useable.
Same

Reactions: Stoffl_

CoraYako

Aug 3, 2020
Pixel Experience Plus

Works fine in Pixel Experience Plus, but I don't see a better battery life. Maybe 1 hour more compared to stock kernel in this ROM.

palaych

Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2017
Tula
The lowest brightness is too damn high. I'm on miui 12 eu
Yep, it since 8.4, all later kernels with broken brightness(
Kernel don't support miui!
Kernel i make for AOSP Q with Q blobs. How each version on MIUI Q works, i don't know and me it not interesting (if you want use this kernel, you always can flash and test, pls don't report what something don't work on MIUI Q works, i don't know and me it not interesting (if you want use this kernel, you always can flash and test, pls don't report what something don't work on MIUI).

albaoe

Oct 31, 2012
Madrid