[KERNEL][CLANG][MIUI/8.1.0/9.0][whyred] basickernel

Search This thread

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Disclaimer
Your warranty is now void!
You will be doing everything at your own risk.
I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
Mostly everything

How to install
1. Download piefw if you are using rom based on pie firmware or download oreofw if you are using rom based on oreo firmware
2. Wipe both cache partitions
3. Install basickernel
4. Wipe again both cache partitions
5. Now you can boot to the system

Download
piefw
oreofw

Donate
You want support me with coffee or something else?
Donate via PayPal

Sources
github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
@sgspluss @nathanchance @kernel.org

Last edited:

Kuato

Sep 30, 2012
nowhere
Then its not for pie just for oreo at the moment, thanks for confirm that.

Added under whats not working
Didn't work with pie roms at the moment, already planned to bring it also for pie up.

So will give my best to bring it also up for pie user.
Please support pie,

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Please support pie,

I will give my best, but as long as i am using oreo can not promise that it will works in near time. But i am aware of and on it.

Does it work on miui???

Have not test it with miui, just test it with lineage 15.1 and ASOIP so don't can promise that its working.

b886b

Jan 22, 2012
Just flashed your kernel, the first impression is good, will give feedback after few days of usage. I've thing though, I lost root after flashing your kernel so please includes flashing magisk in your flashing instruction.

vigneshjack3

Dec 10, 2010
pondicherry
xbox 360 wired and wireless controller(wirless receiver) using OTG not working ......i tried adding keylayouts.......i think some thing missing in kernel please add support for xbox 360 controoler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void!
    You will be doing everything at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
    Mostly everything

How to install
    1. Download piefw if you are using rom based on pie firmware or download oreofw if you are using rom based on oreo firmware
    2. Wipe both cache partitions
    3. Install basickernel
    4. Wipe again both cache partitions
    5. Now you can boot to the system

Download
    piefw
    oreofw

Donate
    You want support me with coffee or something else?
    Donate via PayPal

Sources
    github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
    @sgspluss @nathanchance @kernel.org
    Changelog

Code:
    [B]basickernel-20190501[/B]
    Upstream to 4.4.179
    Remove wakelock blocker
    Sync with latest kernel.org sources
    Sync with latest android-linux-stable sources
    Some other kernel stuff
    So here are new news for you...

1. Bought a new computer, sadly my server use too much energy i've bought a new computer instead of server. This safes me some money and the loud annoying noice (8 big cooler fans) is away (finaly, wakes up our son everytime after starting up). The new computer has just 1 cpu instead of 2 means loosing of 4 cores, but it takes just 1:30 min more to finish a build, can deal with it.

2. This means the game can begin now, actually clone again whole sources and set everything up. As soon as i've got an update ready will upload it, don't want to loose more time.

3. There will be a new thread available as soon as the updates are ready, this is basickernel and will be basickernel in future. The new will named advancedkernel (or something like that) with all features like kcal, vibration, sound, ttl and more. Makes it for me easier to maintain them without asking "which kernel" simply saied, it will keep the threads clean in case of bugs or questions.

4. The update will takes a bit of time, will rebase everything due to some more changes, also to get everything up to date as i want. Of course you can see every step on github...

Last but not least stay tuned whats comming up next :good:

News over news oh my gosh...

1. As i found time today i've bought more ram (has 8 in past, now have 16 gigs of ram). This should help for time reason (as more ram as faster the build should be).

2. Setting up everything was successful BUT got wired message about gcc, will not longer suported by google anymore in future (date shows 2020/01), this means needs to patch kernel (and my rom builds also) to clang. Thats the reason why update takes its time, beside family and work...

Will write as soon as there are new news or (even better) new release available.

See ya soon :good:

New update is out...

If you want to know whats new, read post #2 https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77984066&postcount=2

ATTENTION PLEASE
    There are few changes which you should know from now on...
    1. basickernel is now unified, means it doesn't matter which rom you are using it should work.
    2. gcc 4.9 support will ends in 2020/01 google will move to clang, thats the reason why all builds now will build with aosp clang.
    3. to get new versions of basickernel use the link under "download", if you want to fall back for any reason to old outdated gcc builds, use the links under "old releases download".

As always if you find bugs let it me know, will fix them asap.

Now happy flashing :good:

Edit: yes kernel named lineageOS instead of basickernel, this are an mistake by me but its just the name (next update should have the right name again), because as you know basickernel is same kernel as you can find in my lineage-15.1.