[KERNEL][CLANG][MIUI/8.1.0/9.0][whyred] basickernel

Search This thread

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
I tried flashing the new update as per the instructions given in the OP, but was stuck at mi logo so I reverted back to the last version. Any fixes ?

Are you sure you take the right kernel version?
If you use older pie or even oreo based on oreo firmware take oreofw, if you use never pie based on piefw take piefw.
I am using oreofw with my lineage-15.1 build and its working like a charm, piefw build was tested by @isaakmg so it has to work also.

hello, I tried to flash the kernel in MIUI Pie but it does not let me, I get "device not compatible", I'm using Orange recovery

Try the following, open kernel.zip and open anykernel.sh in any editor you want, change do.devicecheck=1 to do.devicecheck=0 and safe it. Now try to flash again and see if its working.

KissKK

Mar 11, 2017
Accidentally flashed oreofw on Pie AOSIP ROM, now stuck bootloop. Can't get any backups to work ( failed to mount /vendor structure needs cleaning). Any idea how to regain my device?

lifes_alpha_tester

Sep 25, 2016
Bhilai
Are you sure you take the right kernel version?
If you use older pie or even oreo based on oreo firmware take oreofw, if you use never pie based on piefw take piefw.
I am using oreofw with my lineage-15.1 build and its working like a charm, piefw build was tested by @isaakmg so it has to work also.

Try the following, open kernel.zip and open anykernel.sh in any editor you want, change do.devicecheck=1 to do.devicecheck=0 and safe it. Now try to flash again and see if its working.
I was on the last version of basic kernel then the update came out, so I flashed the kernel update, pie one. I have always been on pie roms only, but that didn't work. Maybe it's because after cleaning caches, I flashed Magisk cause it is removed automatically after kernel flash

RSBluee

Apr 10, 2017
I am in AEX 6.5 Official ROM right now and I would say that this kernel dramatically improved the battery life of my phone. I thought that derp was great but man, this is something else. Props to the dev for making this kernel.

pratieq11

Feb 14, 2018
I am using MIUI ROOM based on pie beta but when i flashed this kernel the process always ends with error 1.
I also tried to flash it on other roms like pixel , oneplus 5t port. It always ends with error 1.
I am using the latest kernel for pie fw
Any help is appreciated

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Has anyone other also this problem? ?
As written piefw kernel was tested...
I got the same problem

taco9

Oct 13, 2013
Installed piefw after wiping cache, then wiped cache again (on Pixel Experience), but it wont boot. Fortunately made backup and will return to that.

ndarukun

Sep 10, 2016
Accidentally flashed oreofw on Pie AOSIP ROM, now stuck bootloop. Can't get any backups to work ( failed to mount /vendor structure needs cleaning). Any idea how to regain my device?

Try to change/repair the format of the decrypted partition (in my case /data) from your recovery.

Yesterday i got the same problem and fixed it with changing the format to the one used by the ROM (ext4/f2fs)

Biozfear

Nov 24, 2014
Awesome kernel

I remember this kernel from your 15.1 unofficial build. I did briefly used it and only thing I couldn't figure out was how to use silent mode (vibrate) as there was no qc setting for it. Gladly revisit again but for now back to good old aosip Oreo but with your kernel:
Can't complain at all. Thanks for your work

See screenshots

Edit: I did a few brief charges via screen USB while at work but as you can see it's a slow charge. I blame the use of YouTube due to running reports at work and having nothing else to do in meantime ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20190619-212941.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20190619-212941.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 521
  • Screenshot_Settings_20190619-213015.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20190619-213015.png
    210.7 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void!
    You will be doing everything at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
    Mostly everything

How to install
    1. Download piefw if you are using rom based on pie firmware or download oreofw if you are using rom based on oreo firmware
    2. Wipe both cache partitions
    3. Install basickernel
    4. Wipe again both cache partitions
    5. Now you can boot to the system

Download
    piefw
    oreofw

Donate
    You want support me with coffee or something else?
    Donate via PayPal

Sources
    github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
    @sgspluss @nathanchance @kernel.org
    Changelog

Code:
    [B]basickernel-20190501[/B]
    Upstream to 4.4.179
    Remove wakelock blocker
    Sync with latest kernel.org sources
    Sync with latest android-linux-stable sources
    Some other kernel stuff
    So here are new news for you...

1. Bought a new computer, sadly my server use too much energy i've bought a new computer instead of server. This safes me some money and the loud annoying noice (8 big cooler fans) is away (finaly, wakes up our son everytime after starting up). The new computer has just 1 cpu instead of 2 means loosing of 4 cores, but it takes just 1:30 min more to finish a build, can deal with it.

2. This means the game can begin now, actually clone again whole sources and set everything up. As soon as i've got an update ready will upload it, don't want to loose more time.

3. There will be a new thread available as soon as the updates are ready, this is basickernel and will be basickernel in future. The new will named advancedkernel (or something like that) with all features like kcal, vibration, sound, ttl and more. Makes it for me easier to maintain them without asking "which kernel" simply saied, it will keep the threads clean in case of bugs or questions.

4. The update will takes a bit of time, will rebase everything due to some more changes, also to get everything up to date as i want. Of course you can see every step on github...

Last but not least stay tuned whats comming up next :good:

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs
    News over news oh my gosh...

1. As i found time today i've bought more ram (has 8 in past, now have 16 gigs of ram). This should help for time reason (as more ram as faster the build should be).

2. Setting up everything was successful BUT got wired message about gcc, will not longer suported by google anymore in future (date shows 2020/01), this means needs to patch kernel (and my rom builds also) to clang. Thats the reason why update takes its time, beside family and work...

Will write as soon as there are new news or (even better) new release available.

See ya soon :good:

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs
    New update is out...

If you want to know whats new, read post #2 https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77984066&postcount=2

ATTENTION PLEASE
    There are few changes which you should know from now on...
    1. basickernel is now unified, means it doesn't matter which rom you are using it should work.
    2. gcc 4.9 support will ends in 2020/01 google will move to clang, thats the reason why all builds now will build with aosp clang.
    3. to get new versions of basickernel use the link under "download", if you want to fall back for any reason to old outdated gcc builds, use the links under "old releases download".

As always if you find bugs let it me know, will fix them asap.

Now happy flashing :good:

Edit: yes kernel named lineageOS instead of basickernel, this are an mistake by me but its just the name (next update should have the right name again), because as you know basickernel is same kernel as you can find in my lineage-15.1.