• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [CLARK] [LOS 7.1.2] HandBag Kernel - v2.3.5

Search This thread

jason2678

Jul 1, 2014
St. Paul
I stupidly tought that the bootloader causes the problem... So flashing MM modem should be enough. Will try that, thanks!

Might be unnecessary, but I'd flash the whole modem stack and erase the settings, just to be on the safe side. Make sure every step is successful. Repeat if its not.

Code:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1 
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin

iTakMD

Mar 27, 2018
I'd like to thank you for this kernel, i'm using kernel with ExKernelManager to underclock both my CPU and GPU (and changing governors) because they were getting too hot when i was playing games. Now it runs much cooler and the battery life is lasting a bit longer.

As for the Camera, my camera still works after flashing the recent kernel. I'm using the most recent LineageOS 14.1 nighty with OpenCamera app and never touched the modem (hope that helps).

Reactions: kellerman40

kellerman40

Jan 30, 2014
I'd like to thank you for this kernel, i'm using kernel with ExKernelManager to underclock both my CPU and GPU (and changing governors) because they were getting too hot when i was playing games. Now it runs much cooler and the battery life is lasting a bit longer.

As for the Camera, my camera still works after flashing the recent kernel. I'm using the most recent LineageOS 14.1 nighty with OpenCamera app and never touched the modem (hope that helps).
Thanks for response. That might be down to bootloader version.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

yk1999

Apr 12, 2016
I am using los unofficial build 31/3 on nougut firmware. The camera Doesn't seem to work. It says can't connect to camera. Is there a fix?

tomlemange

Jul 15, 2014
I've tried flashing this on stock 7.0 and it seems to break WiFi. Is this because I'm using stock rom?

OverkillSRB

Jun 18, 2013
For some reason, voltage control does not seem to work for me. I tried Kernel Adiutor and a few other applications, but to no success. I am on LOS 14.1. 7th january 2018 build, with bootloaderl A048.

Does anyone have any clue to why?

TotemFallico

Nov 27, 2016
Hello.
Recently an unofficial LOS Pie rom has appeared. I did read that it's mostly supported on LOS based roms, but does it have support for Pie roms?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HandBag Kernel
    "Every single feature" Held together with duct tape and magic

Development for the Moto X Style/Pure seems a little quiet, so I decided to patch together my own kernel. I think this is the perfect chance to learn git and the build system for android. Feature requests are welcome!

Disclaimer
    Please note that this is my first kernel and that stability and battery life are not guaranteed. Actually, nothing is guaranteed. I am not responsible for bricked devices or lost data. Flash at your own risk.
    You will most definitely have to adjust the default settings. Expect lags and fun stuff.

Also note that this kernel is meant for LineageOS based roms. Tested and running daily on XT1575.

Features
    • Based on Lineage OS source
    • Additional CPU Governors (Alucard, ElementalX, Despair, Chill, IntelliActive, Lionheart, BioShock, BluActive, Wheatley, ZZMove, Impulse, Relaxed)
    • Additional I/O Schedulers (Deadline, NOOP, Maple, Row FIOPS, SIO, SIOPlus, TripNDroid, VR, Zen)
    • Additional Hotplug Drivers (Alucard Hotplug, Autosmp, Bricked Hotplug, MSM Hotplug, Lazyplug) Causes laggy wakeup
    • Additional TCP congestion algorithms (Default westwood)
    • KSM/uKSM
    • Overclock/Underclock
    • Voltage control
    • Wake Gestures by flar2
    • Fsync, Inputboost, Touchboost, and Wakelock Toggles
    • Kexec Not needed yet
    • Ofast Actually Os for now (Kernel gets too big and there's no decompression for aarch64)
    • UBER Toolchain 6.0 Linero Toolchain 6.3.1
    • Dynamic Fsync
    • Adreno Idler/Boost
    • AnyKernel2 Installer
    • Backlight Dimmer
    • Color control (KCal)

To-Do
    • I dunno, you tell me.

Installation
    1. Flash in recovery
    Note: AnyKernel2 will use your existing ramdisk. It's recommended to flash over the kernel that came with your rom or a previous version of my kernel. Refer to AnyKernel2 for restoring after a bad flash.

Downloads
    See Downloads Tab under thread title: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=20678#downloads
    There are two branches:
    msm - Uses the stock msm_core_ctl to handle hotplugging
    hotplugs - Uses custom hotplugging solutions (Currently only bricked_hotplug)

Special Thanks and Credits
    flar2
    franciscofranco
    nathanchance
    frap129
    dirtyhank
    showp1984
    engstk
    faux123
    neobuddy89
    ZaneZam
    yank555-lu
    HashBang173
    varunchitre15
    Cl3Kener (UBERTC)
    osm0sis (AnyKernel2)
    trashy111 (For build server hardware)
    ... and various other helpful developers!
    If I missed someone who should be on here,
    please feel free to let me know.

XDA:DevDB Information
    HandBag Kernel, Kernel for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    XDleader555
    Source Code: https://github.com/XDleader555/HandBag-Kernel-Clark

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-05-15
    Last Updated 2018-02-27
    Looks like there's a little trouble with the kernel. I'll start by removing downloads with versions up to 1.7.
    I'll start rebuilding the kernel with only things we need and stay as close to the lineage tree as possible.

I wont be able to work on this for another week due to school and work.
    Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
    And we're back!

06/15/17 - 11:41PM - v2.1
    • REVERT: Merge F2FS changes up to May 20th 2016
    • REVERT: Small updates to msm mdss
    • REVERT: Switched to bricked_hotplug as default
    • REVERT: Show cpu voltages (Not actually useful)
    • REVERT: Update linux from 3.10.102 -> 3.10.105
    • REVERT: zRam, zSwap, zMalloc Updates
    • REVERT: linux/random backport from linux 4.1.40
    • REVERT: Those various "optimizations"
    • REVERT: Anything relating to state_notifier and system_wq
    • Bring back PowerSuspend. Why fix what ain't broke.
    • Add patch to avoid f2fs kernel panic/bootloop when downgrading/upgrading (sidegrading?) to v2.1

So let's aim for a more lineage-like kernel and avoid grabbing commits we probably don't need.
    Downgrading from the newer f2fs commits causes a kernel panic at boot. (For example, going from v2.0->v1.8) I've added a commit that should fix that in v2.1 even though I've reverted the f2fs changes.
    Brought back PowerSuspend. It works, so why not. There's no data saying it's any slower/faster/powerefficient than state_notifier.
    It seems deep sleep is working again too. Go figure.
    Sorry for the trouble. I'd still say make a data backup before installing this version. Let me know if there are any bugs and I'll see if I can fix em.

Downloads in the same spot https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=20678#downloads
    We wanted cpu governors right?

05/17/17 - 5:57am
    • Added Governors (IntelliActive, Lionheart, BioShock, BluActive, Wheatley, ZZMove, Impulse)
    • Added Adreno Idler
    • Small optimizations
    • Disabled Touchboost by default

Added some more features. I'll keep chugging along.
    Livedisplay -> kcal and cpu overclock are next. I'll also look into getting bricked hotplug working correctly if it isn't.

Uploaded to the downloads section: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=20678#downloads
    Updates and some more stuff

05/24/17 - 2:54AM3:16AM - v1.6
    • Update linux from 3.10.102 -> 3.10.105
    • Added Lazyplug
    • Moved msm_hotplug to system_wq
    • Fixed boot issue caused by msm_hotplug
    • Set Lazyplug as default. (msm_hotplug still works if set by user)
    I think I accidentally had two hotplug drivers coming up on boot causing a crash in the last build. Let me know if this build fixes it.
    EDIT: Will upload new build defaulting to Lazyplug.

I've also added Lazyplug from frap129, you can see what each option does here: https://github.com/frap129/angler/blob/dev/ng-mr2/drivers/cpufreq/lazyplug.c
    The quick tl;dr is that cpu cores stay on longer in favor of getting tasks done quicker and then ramping frequencies down (and voltages) thus saving power.

Downloads are in teh same spot: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=20678#downloads