[KERNEL] CleanSlate 🚀 R 2.6.4 |KCal|Dimmer|AdBlock|SafetyNet|FlashLight|Dtap [7Mar]

Search This thread

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
tbalden's
CleanSlate kernel
for OnePlus 8T

The User Experience Kernel leaning towards Stock Stability plus UX features.
Rock stable stock approach, performance smooth and issue free

"No-Root is a State of Mind"

6ZpxvLq.png

tbalden is here to bring you authentic new features first in line, this year OnePlus 8T.
No root elevation (magisk) needed for all functions and preference switches through CS Config App

GsRFfBr.jpg

Release Calendar
Version 2.6.4 - 7 of Mar 2021
Version 2.6.3 - 31 of Jan 2021

Version 2.6.2 - 2 of Jan 2021
Version 2.6.1 - 6 of Dec 2020
Version 2.6.0 - 22 of Nov 2020
Version 2.5.1 - 2 of Nov 2020
Version 2.5.0 - 25 of Oct 2020
Version 2.4.2 - 24 of Oct 2020
Version 2.4.1 - 23 of Oct 2020

Should work on official ROM base 11.0.x

Features:

- Flashlight Notification/Call blinking (see video below)
- AdrenoBoost v2.2 - boost GPU for gaming
- Dynamic Schedtune Boost (EAS boosting) - credits to @joshuous
- Battery Saver cut back max CPU freqs, 3 levels + touch boost limiter options
- Optimizations, compiled with Clang 10.0.1
- K.AdAway adblocking All browsers, Apps, except YouTube / streaming
- Unlock Hider - SafetyNetPass kernel side hiding, no magisk needed (use boot image flash)
- Vibrating Notification Reminder (DETAILS)
- Vibration power control / Notification booster In-Pocket
- Sweep to Sleep gestures - highly customizable
- DoubleTap & LongTap on corner area gestures - new way to pull down android Notification Area or screen off
- Sweep/Tap gesture to force close foreground app - DETAILS HERE
- Backlight Dimmer - possibility to use lower panel brightness (switch DC dimming off in Lab settings!)
- KCAL Color Control (credit to @savoca)
- WireGuard VPN kernel support
- Face down screen off - put phone face down to turn screen off
- Kernel Log / Crash dump to internal storage/sdcard - no root/magisk needed, from Companion App use Kernel Log button
- CleanSlate Companion / Config - rootless app to configure

Facts:

- no root required, use /sdcard/uci_user.cfg file to configure 99% of the features without rooting. If you need tweak apps (e.g. EXKM / FK) you'll need rooting!
- built on top of kernel sources released by Google
- built with standard toolchain for stability and efficiency
- kept stable, no tweakings, just features
- stable and reliable, keeping close to stock except addition of Usability features

Feature demo

DoubleTap notif pull down

Flashlight notification

--
Foreground App Kill gesture

Requirements
- Unlocked OnePlus 8T, magisk root
- BACKUP: make sure you have a stock image downloaded (boot img) from OnePlus before installing this!

Installation Guide
Firstly install CleanSlate configuration and CleanSlate companion apps on your phone (both found down below in Download section). Set them up initially.
Copy unzipped hosts_k file to your sdcard (/sdcard/hosts_k) for k.adaway functionality in Chrome browser
- Non-rooted method: 0. download the non-rooted boot img
1. reboot to bootloader (adb reboot-bootloader)
2. temporary boot cleanslate_x.y.z_stock_20xx-xx-xx.img (fastboot boot cleanslate.......img)
3. if everything went fine, you can reboot to bootloader and flash the image: fastboot flash boot cleanslate.......img
4. reboot, enjoy
- Rooted method: 0. download the installer zip
1. install magisk and a capable kernel manager like EXKM/FrancoKernel
2. flash the cleanslate installer zip from the kernel manager
3. reboot, enjoy

Known bugs
- None, please tell

Download

Android 11

Installer zip
For Kernel Managers (EXKM,Franco etc)

Installer flashable 2.6.4 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693748794

Boot img Eur 11.0.x Cleanslate 2.6.4 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693748798

Config Applications
Companion App 3.1.1-- Donation premium on PlayStore:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cleanslate.csservice
Configuration App 3.2.3 -- Donation premium on playstore:
- additional features in premium app: App Themes, Profiles, Profile Switch QuickTiles
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cleanslate.csconfig

Companion App 3.1.1 -- Normal free download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675587849
Configuration App 3.2.3 -- Normal free download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675588614

Donation:
If you appreciate this, don't forget to hit the Thanks button, Vote 5 stars on Thread, or consider to Donate. Donations here
Thank you!

Donators Hall of Fame

Src: https://github.com/tbalden/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250/commits/cleanslate

Special thanks to AnyKernel installer developer: osm0sis
To @flar2 for his original works
To @Freak07 for all his work on XDA and help
To @Captain_Throwback

Sharing policy:
As this is all GPL licensed kernel source, you can use it in your code, but don't forget about proper credit.

XDA:DevDB Information
CleanSlate Kernel for OnePlus 8T, Kernel for the OnePlus 8T

Contributors
tbalden
Source Code: https://github.com/tbalden/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.6.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-11-22

Created 2020-10-23
Last Updated 2020-11-22

Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
@RayInkube
"I've removed the case and the screen protection for be sure before posting here, you want me now to flash CleanSlate and try if i have the same strange issue? You can quote me on alpha thread and we can keep going with testing ahah"

Please try again, yes, hopefully it's something that will be already gone. I don't think that the proximity sensor should have changed between op8pro and op8t to be honest.
I don't see signs of that in the kernel source drop... no calibration files or anything that might have an effect.

RayInkube

May 4, 2017
@RayInkube
"I've removed the case and the screen protection for be sure before posting here, you want me now to flash CleanSlate and try if i have the same strange issue? You can quote me on alpha thread and we can keep going with testing ahah"

Please try again, yes, hopefully it's something that will be already gone. I don't think that the proximity sensor should have changed between op8pro and op8t to be honest.
I don't see signs of that in the kernel source drop... no calibration files or anything that might have an effect.

Already flashed, now is all fine.. dunno what is happened but it was completely broken, now is working flawless.

So far, all i've tested is working fine, on configuration app too!

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
Already flashed, now is all fine.. dunno what is happened but it was completely broken, now is working flawless.

So far, all i've tested is working fine, on configuration app too!

Excellent news! I've since checked the stock config.gz you provided, and the only interesting change is that now the OnePlus Freezer kernel side feature is not set, meaning that it's not present anymore on OP8T. I'll need to clarify if this was done on Op8Pro as well. If so, I think the installer zip can be fully unified between the Op8T and Op8Pro, as all things seems to work on both models. :good: :)

RayInkube

May 4, 2017
Excellent news! I've since checked the stock config.gz you provided, and the only interesting change is that now the OnePlus Freezer kernel side feature is not set, meaning that it's not present anymore on OP8T. I'll need to clarify if this was done on Op8Pro as well. If so, I think the installer zip can be fully unified between the Op8T and Op8Pro, as all things seems to work on both models. :good: :)

If is possible to unify will be more easy for you to give support on both devices for sure.
Tell me if you need something more, meanwhile i will do my best for test everything possible and i will post battery life after some days of use. :good::good::good::good::good: BIG DEV :cool:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
If is possible to unify will be more easy for you to give support on both devices for sure.
Tell me if you need something more, meanwhile i will do my best for test everything possible and i will post battery life after some days of use. :good::good::good::good::good: BIG DEV :cool:

Well, just poke around in the config app, and see how it goes.
As for battery life, you could try to play with Dynamic Boost EAS or Battery saver, but first I think just go with stock settings in the Config app in those parts. :good::good:

djthread

Jul 30, 2010
Detroit
Where do I find the img file?

2. temporary boot cleanslate_x.y.z_stock_20xx-xx-xx.img (fastboot boot cleanslate.......img)

The download on offer is for kernel managers that seem to be root-only, and I'm trying to go rootless.

Oh, also, the suggested backup (boot img) doesn't seem to be available on OP's website yet?...

Thank you, tbalden!

RayInkube

May 4, 2017
@djthread
Yes, I still need an op8t specific stock boot image.
For now only the installer zip is there.

Do you have a link for the full firmware zip for op8t? I'd download and extract the boot image.

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

@tbalden
Here you have the full firmware download (kebab)
https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1d9rQm5CZek0VsfVFyKn4u_hA056j8Pfm&export=download

I found one bug after active backlight dimmer option, brightness goes really high after lock the screen
Here is the video showing the bug :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfvqoPt3SCA6HjLaMuXxndNxGF3rOn4v/view?usp=sharing

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
@tbalden

Here you have the full firmware download (kebab)

https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1d9rQm5CZek0VsfVFyKn4u_hA056j8Pfm&export=download

I found one bug after active backlight dimmer option, brightness goes really high after lock the screen

Here is the video showing the bug :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfvqoPt3SCA6HjLaMuXxndNxGF3rOn4v/view?usp=sharing
Please grab a dmesg kernel log when this happens, so I can check the issue in depth. Thanks for reporting!

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
Interesting, well it looks like that on lock screen much lower brightness values are set by the framework and it got very much screwed up the algorithm I apply. Probably needs fixing on all variants.

Can you please do this: scan thru the highest brightness to the lowest while screen is normal on and grab the dmesg. I'm curious what's the lowest/ highest values sent by the framework.

Thanks!

RayInkube

May 4, 2017
Interesting, well it looks like that on lock screen much lower brightness values are set by the framework and it got very much screwed up the algorithm I apply. Probably needs fixing on all variants.

Can you please do this: scan thru the highest brightness to the lowest while screen is normal on and grab the dmesg. I'm curious what's the lowest/ highest values sent by the framework.

Thanks!

Here you have it,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJ9IM-96jkrzAq71K6sFy76gZwwKjod0/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
Already done, sorry!
Thanks.
Seems 30-2047 is the range then while screen is on. This differs from the op8pro range it seems by quite a lot. It can already go much lower.. Seems that OnePlus managed to fix the display issues on the new hardware of op8t, somewhat lower values are being set.
I'll have to adjust this a bit for op8t to work correctly.

RayInkube

May 4, 2017
Thanks.
Seems 30-2047 is the range then while screen is on. This differs from the op8pro range it seems by quite a lot. It can already go much lower.. Seems that OnePlus managed to fix the display issues on the new hardware of op8t, somewhat lower values are being set.
I'll have to adjust this a bit for op8t to work correctly.

Yeah when i was with 8 pro i've claim refund to amazon because bad display, clouding and green tint, on 8t everything is good, no clouding or green tint on low brightness. :D

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
Yeah when i was with 8 pro i've claim refund to amazon because bad display, clouding and green tint, on 8t everything is good, no clouding or green tint on low brightness. :D
Are you using dimmer solution of OnePlus? Seems like there's a new method for lower screen brightness levels. Also new display mode setting called dimmer by OnePlus in the Kernel as well

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone