[KERNEL] CleanSlate 🚀 R 2.6.9 |KCal|Dimmer|AdBlock|SafetyNet|FlashLight|Dtap [8 Apr]

Search This thread

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Last edited:

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
Reactions: zyonee

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Just letting the both of you know, kernels cannot be updated to Android 12 until OnePlus releases the kernel sources. Which they have not... Stop being so ignorant, the both of you.
Ignorant...I wasn't being ignorant at all. I was simply stating that there hadn't been an update in months. And I stand corrected.

Guess you got your wish huh....

Reactions: RigoF

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Test build for android 12 Oxygene OS ONLY

Based on @eng.stk 's kernel tree.

Download Oneplush 8 / 8Pro / 8T installer zip cleanslate 3.6.0 for A12 only:

No device on my end, so this goes without any testing yet. Hopefully it works out, as it is basing on a kernel that works on these devices.
Please report back, if you dare to try. Keep a backup at hand.
Any logs appreciated if things don't work out. Crashlog or dmesg if non-crash issue.

Reactions: RigoF and xtcislove

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
Test build for android 12 Oxygene OS ONLY

Based on @eng.stk 's kernel tree.

Download Oneplush 8 / 8Pro / 8T installer zip cleanslate 3.6.0 for A12 only:

No device on my end, so this goes without any testing yet. Hopefully it works out, as it is basing on a kernel that works on these devices.
Please report back, if you dare to try. Keep a backup at hand.
Any logs appreciated if things don't work out. Crashlog or dmesg if non-crash issue.
Thanks for your work.

Anyway i dont find a recovery that works so i used FKM and EX Kernel Manager to flash it.
Bot times in ended with a black screen if i try boot.

Any suggestions?

Im on IN2023_11_C.33

Reactions: tbalden

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Thanks for your work.

Anyway i dont find a recovery that works so i used FKM and EX Kernel Manager to flash it.
Bot times in ended with a black screen if i try boot.

Any suggestions?

Im on IN2023_11_C.33
Does the usb connection / adb work when you get the black screen?
I'd need some log to try to fix the booting.

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
Does the usb connection / adb work when you get the black screen?
I'd need some log to try to fix the booting.
My computer is recognizing the phone but not in adb devices.

But that was expected since there is no USB debugging on charge only.
I changed the standart usb mode to data transfer too (without this mode no adb imo) but this does not work as intented tbh.

Edit: I tried it, there is no usb debugging in charge only i need to select data transfer mode from the popup before adb works.

Do you have a .img version so we can exclude that the flashing from an app is the problem?

tbalden

Recognized Developer
My computer is recognizing the phone but not in adb devices.

But that was expected since there is no USB debugging on charge only.
I changed the standart usb mode to data transfer too (without this mode no adb imo) but this does not work as intented tbh.

Edit: I tried it, there is no usb debugging in charge only i need to select data transfer mode from the popup before adb works.

Do you have a .img version so we can exclude that the flashing from an app is the problem?
I don't have an image yet. I'll try to create one later.

I have an idea to try here, when you get the black screen, can you get back to the recovery maybe without power off? If so, you could try to check on this one:

adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

I wonder if there's a file maybe with this method.

To try to get back to recovery, long pressing power plus volume button for a long time could do the trick

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
I will try to get a log for you tomorrow, its time for bed now.

anyway my first attempt would be a working a12 recovery, the one i tested (aicp) gave me a error message that an image boot or recovery is broken (had stock boot img with magisk at this moment flashed) after flashing orignal recovery i could boot again but obviously without adb working in recovery mode.

if you have a hint of a working recovery i will try my best to help you here.

these are the files from /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

idk if they still help but thats what i can do for today.

Attachments

• console-ramoops.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 4

tbalden

Recognized Developer
I will try to get a log for you tomorrow, its time for bed now.

anyway my first attempt would be a working a12 recovery, the one i tested (aicp) gave me a error message that an image boot or recovery is broken (had stock boot img with magisk at this moment flashed) after flashing orignal recovery i could boot again but obviously without adb working in recovery mode.

if you have a hint of a working recovery i will try my best to help you here.

these are the files from /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

idk if they still help but thats what i can do for today.
I'll try to produce a boot image instead now. :)
With warm restart console-ramoops enabled. So that way simply getting the phone to reboot on the black screen might get back to a stable rooted boot, where console ramoops will be that of cleanslate temp-booted.

I hope temp booting with fastboot still works on op8/pro's these days with 'fastboot boot boot.img', otherwise for now I'm out of fresh ideas.
Will post the boot image in a bit

Top Liked Posts