[KERNEL] CleanSlate 🚀 R1.8.5/S2.10.1 |Gamma|AdBlock|SafetyNet|FlashLight|S2S|FingPr [7Apr]

Search This thread

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Last edited:

redsmith

Apr 11, 2011
Hi, quick question, if I'm already rooted in stock A12 but didn't disable verity, is there any way I can flash this kernel without wiping?

Reactions: tbalden

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Yes but this kernel hasn't been updated yet to support it. Still need to disable verity to flash.
Indeed. I plan to update the installer with the coming update in February. For now verity disabling is needed.. If I find some time sooner, I'll update the installer for a test

tbalden

Recognized Developer
- Update Android SP1A A12 - 2.9.3 -
Android S stable
- February sec update - google sources
- adblock hosts file updated

CleanSlate S 2.9.3 Downloads:
Rooted installer zip, new version with updated AnyKernel installer and Magisk tools
CleanSlate S 2.9.3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688282891
The Rooted installer is now updated to new AnyKernel + magisk tools.
Possibly will work with Verity enabled devices and magisk + Kernel manager installation now.
If you try, please let me know how it goes. Thanks
Advice is to have a stock boot image at hand when trying it in case of verity issue.

Non rooted, Android S image (sp1a 2022-02-05)
Pixel5 redfin SP1A boot image CS 2.9.3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688282893

vbmeta of SP1A.003 to deactivate verity checks on the custom boot image and most probably to do factory reset, DO IT BEFORE FLASHING THE KERNEL, or it won't boot
You can try to deactivate the vbmeta check before the first booting up right after sideloading the OTA , maybe that will let you boot without factory reset after vbmeta verify disabling.

Deactivate, you might need to factory reset if you don't follow the OTA-update/disable-before-first-boot procedure (fastboot -w for factory reset)

fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta redfin-vbmeta-sp1a.220205.002.img

How to re-activate if you need later?
fastboot flash vbmeta redfin-vbmeta-sp1a.220205.002.img

Read first post in thread for installation details.

f8lxninja

Jan 18, 2020
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Update Android SP1A A12 - 2.9.3 -
Android S stable
- February sec update - google sources
- adblock hosts file updated

CleanSlate S 2.9.3 Downloads:
Rooted installer zip, new version with updated AnyKernel installer and Magisk tools
CleanSlate S 2.9.3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688282891
The Rooted installer is now updated to new AnyKernel + magisk tools.
Possibly will work with Verity enabled devices and magisk + Kernel manager installation now.
If you try, please let me know how it goes. Thanks
Advice is to have a stock boot image at hand when trying it in case of verity issue.

Non rooted, Android S image (sp1a 2022-02-05)
Pixel5 redfin SP1A boot image CS 2.9.3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688282893

vbmeta of SP1A.003 to deactivate verity checks on the custom boot image and most probably to do factory reset, DO IT BEFORE FLASHING THE KERNEL, or it won't boot
You can try to deactivate the vbmeta check before the first booting up right after sideloading the OTA , maybe that will let you boot without factory reset after vbmeta verify disabling.

Deactivate, you might need to factory reset if you don't follow the OTA-update/disable-before-first-boot procedure (fastboot -w for factory reset)

fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta redfin-vbmeta-sp1a.220205.002.img

How to re-activate if you need later?
fastboot flash vbmeta redfin-vbmeta-sp1a.220205.002.img

Read first post in thread for installation details.
Installed this through Ex Kernel Manager, worked flawless with verity enabled. Amazing work as always!

digger16309

Jul 17, 2014
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 5
I'm looking to upgrade to A12 soon on my Pixel 5. It looks like EX Kernel development stopped so I'm looking for a new kernel on A12. I will be rooted.

1. Am I reading correctly that there is no need to disable vbmeta verification now?
  2. What is the best app to use to flash and configure - the companion app linked in the OP or EX/FK manager(s)?

f8lxninja

Jan 18, 2020
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm looking to upgrade to A12 soon on my Pixel 5. It looks like EX Kernel development stopped so I'm looking for a new kernel on A12. I will be rooted.

1. Am I reading correctly that there is no need to disable vbmeta verification now?
  2. What is the best app to use to flash and configure - the companion app linked in the OP or EX/FK manager(s)?
  1. Correct. You do not need to disable verity. With the latest February update I did not disable verity before booting and it's working as intended.
  2. I used EX Kernel Manager. The companion app doesn't install the kernel for you.

pialanrveze

Feb 9, 2022
How about performance? is it better than the stock one?
I need more performance while editing video on my phone.

Top Liked Posts