[KERNEL] CleanSlate 🚀 R1.8.5/S2.8.6 |Gamma|AdBlock|SafetyNet|FlashLight|S2S|FingPr [13Jun]

Search This thread

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
@tbalden it takes a long time to boot up. It doesn't give you enough time to setup system blur. I've rebooted twice since I flashed it with FKM. it just now rebooted on its own while typing this message. It also said system ui is not working once it booted up.
Sorry to hear that. The changes by Google are not too many.. this sounds strange. I'm not sure if magisk needs any changes related to the May update.

Could you give a try to booting the non rooted image, to see if that is any better?

elong7681

• May 23, 2015
    US
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Google Pixel 5
    Sorry to hear that. The changes by Google are not too many.. this sounds strange. I'm not sure if magisk needs any changes related to the May update.

Could you give a try to booting the non rooted image, to see if that is any better?
    I can once I get off of work this afternoon, I'm assuming I will need to be unrooted in order to try this or can I patch the image with Magisk ? Also do you know if the 1.8.3 version works with the May update or not?

tbalden

Recognized Developer
    Oct 22, 2010
    Budapest
    www.virtuousrom.com
    I can once I get off of work this afternoon, I'm assuming I will need to be unrooted in order to try this or can I patch the image with Magisk ? Also do you know if the 1.8.3 version works with the May update or not?
    I haven't tried, but it should work.
    You can try the new boot image with or without rooting. But what I'm curious about is whether it works issue free without rooting.

ExtentedByte

Apr 13, 2014
    Bremen
    Google Pixel 5
    I haven't tried, but it should work.
    You can try the new boot image with or without rooting. But what I'm curious about is whether it works issue free without rooting.
    Hi, 1.8.3. works without issues on latest May update, but safety net is again broken on my site.
    1.8.4. had a few bugs like system ui not responding or not working speakers.

All without rooting. Just stock rom and your kernel. Should I provide you some logs?

tbalden

Recognized Developer
    Oct 22, 2010
    Budapest
    www.virtuousrom.com
    Hi, 1.8.3. works without issues on latest May update, but safety net is again broken on my site.
    1.8.4. had a few bugs like system ui not responding or not working speakers.

All without rooting. Just stock rom and your kernel. Should I provide you some logs?
    I need to find some time for this, it's very strange that with so little difference it still causes trouble.

Currently on Android S beta 1, I need time to go back to R and test

Reactions: Sh0X31

tbalden

Recognized Developer
    Oct 22, 2010
    Budapest
    www.virtuousrom.com
    - Update Android SP Beta1 - 2.8.5 -
    Android S Beta 1 update
    - All features work, except SafetyNet CTS passing, only Basic Integrity
    - Kernel 4.19.177, May sec level
    - update Hosts file for adblocking

CleanSlate S 2.8.5 Downloads:
    Rooted installer zip:
    CleanSlate S 2.8.5: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586335898

Non rooted, Android S image (sp beta1 2021-03-31)
    Pixel5 redfin SPB1 boot image CS 2.8.5: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586335897

Stock SPB1 boot image if you need to restore

vbmeta of SPB1 to deactivate verity checks on the custom boot image and most probably to do factory reset, DO IT BEFORE FLASHING THE KERNEL, or it won't boot
    You can try to deactivate the vbmeta check before the first booting up right after sideloading the OTA beta 1, maybe that will let you boot without factory reset after vbmeta verify disabling.

Deactivate, you might need to factory reset if you don't follow the OTA-update/disable-before-first-boot procedure (fastboot -w for factory reset)
    Code:
    fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta_redfin-spb1.210331.013.img

Re-activate if you need:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta_redfin-spb1.210331.013.img

Read first post in thread for installation details.

Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
    Oct 22, 2010
    Budapest
    www.virtuousrom.com

elong7681

• May 23, 2015
    US
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Google Pixel 5
    - Update Android R Stable - 1.8.5 -
    May sec update -
    fix 1.8.4 issues
    - hosts file updated for adblocking

CleanSlate R 1.8.5 Downloads:
    Rooted installer zip:
    CleanSlate R 1.8.5: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586335903

Non rooted, Android R image (2021-05-05)
    Pixel5 redfin boot image CS 1.8.5: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586335902

Read first post in thread for installation detail
    The rooted version is working good so far, what ended up being the problem with 1.8.4?

Reactions: tbalden

tbalden

Recognized Developer
    Oct 22, 2010
    Budapest
    www.virtuousrom.com
    The rooted version is working good so far, what ended up being the problem with 1.8.4?
    When switching branches of different versions, the audio driver I didn't notice, was built as modules. That means that the audio was missing after install and caused all the issues. Now went back to build it into the kernel monolith as usual and all good.

Reactions: elong7681

mistermojorizin

• Dec 21, 2011
    Google Pixel 5
    I need to find some time for this, it's very strange that with so little difference it still causes trouble.

Off topic, but is there a way to go back to R without wiping data? It seems like I won't be able to run your kernel without wiping, so I'm looking at if there are any options to avoid wiping.

mistermojorizin

• Dec 21, 2011
    Google Pixel 5

Off topic, but is there a way to go back to R without wiping data? It seems like I won't be able to run your kernel without wiping, so I'm looking at if there are any options to avoid wiping.

tbalden

Recognized Developer
    Oct 22, 2010
    Budapest
    www.virtuousrom.com
    No, I don't know of any ways. But both the android S and R versions are there in the last posts if you need one for S, it works

Reactions: ExtentedByte

mistermojorizin

• Dec 21, 2011
    Google Pixel 5
    using the S beta and the clean slate config app from the play store (3.1.15), I'm not seeing the options applicable to my phone (high brightness mode) and seeing some that are not for my phone (squeeze control for example).

tbalden

Recognized Developer
    Oct 22, 2010
    Budapest
    www.virtuousrom.com
    using the S beta and the clean slate config app from the play store (3.1.15), I'm not seeing the options applicable to my phone (high brightness mode) and seeing some that are not for my phone (squeeze control for example).
    What can you see on this page? Do you use any magisk mod that modifies the device product name?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-092857.png
      Screenshot_20210524-092857.png
      550.1 KB · Views: 34

Top Liked Posts

even though 12 beta 2.1 is spb2.210513.011 build name, I should be fine, right. Just want to confirm
      Haha, didn't notice there already a new version over .007
      So far sources weren't updated here https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm/+/refs/tags/android-s-beta-2_r0.5

So well, then I can't yet know if there's new changes. Hopefully not much, and it works fine with the previous, but when the sources are up I'll update
      2.8.6 from the first post, with fkm kernel manager or use the boot image non rooted and use magisk manager to patch it and then install with fastboot
      even though 12 beta 2.1 is spb2.210513.011 build name, I should be fine, right. Just want to confirm
      I can confirm that 1.8.5 works with the June update
      Thanks for checking. I've some issues with the new sources for June patch, I need to investigate. It stops at booting before I can get logs. A bigger amount of changes landed, so I need to check things a bit more what goes wrong
      - Update Android SP Beta2 - 2.8.6 -
      Android S Beta 2 update
      - All features work, except SafetyNet CTS passing, only Basic Integrity
      - Kernel 4.19.183, June sec level

CleanSlate S 2.8.6 Downloads:
      Rooted installer zip:
      CleanSlate S 2.8.6: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586348964

Non rooted, Android S image (sp beta2 2021-05-13)
      Pixel5 redfin SPB2 boot image CS 2.8.6: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586348945

Stock SPB2 boot image if you need to restore

vbmeta of SPB2 to deactivate verity checks on the custom boot image and most probably to do factory reset, DO IT BEFORE FLASHING THE KERNEL, or it won't boot
      You can try to deactivate the vbmeta check before the first booting up right after sideloading the OTA beta 1, maybe that will let you boot without factory reset after vbmeta verify disabling.

Deactivate, you might need to factory reset if you don't follow the OTA-update/disable-before-first-boot procedure (fastboot -w for factory reset)
      Code:
      fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta_redfin-spb2.210513.007.img

Re-activate if you need:
      fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta_redfin-spb2.210513.007.img

Thanks for the update. HBM is not working for me though. It was working on A11.
      so after some testing, bramble on sb1,

premium config app - correct options show up, but the options don't have any effect

free config app - options are not correct, but the ones that show up actually work
      Haha, didn't notice there already a new version over .007
      So far sources weren't updated here https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm/+/refs/tags/android-s-beta-2_r0.5

So well, then I can't yet know if there's new changes. Hopefully not much, and it works fine with the previous, but when the sources are up I'll update
      - Update Android R Stable - 1.8.7 -
      June sec update - 4.19.160
      - fix charging issue of 1.8.6

CleanSlate R 1.8.7 Downloads:
      Rooted installer zip:
      CleanSlate R 1.8.7: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586348837

Non rooted, Android R image (2021-06-05)
      Pixel5 redfin boot image CS 1.8.7: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586348836

Download is only 2.7mb. I think something is wrong with that. Also tried to flash and won't boot. Reboots into bootloader again.
      Woo hoo! Were back!
      Edit: removing the release for now, sorry, it causes issues on boots. Please revert to previous version.

- Update Android R Stable - 1.7.2 -
      Add SafetyNet fix + Fingerprint + February images
      - New: special in-built version of @kdrag0n 's SafetyNet fix for keystore fallback
      --- baked into the kernel, no Magisk needed to fully pass CTS profile and Basic SN
      --- those who have a phone where Hardware attestation now fails, should pass the test with this
      --- use the boot image provided and after flashing and first boot do a reboot again, so the fix can work forward on
      - New: add Fingeprint gesture: Stock Swipe Up/Down option (new config app needed!)
      --- use normal fp tap for special gestures, and swipes for notification area stock gestures
      - Updating to latest adblocking hosts files from Steven Black/AdAway/yoyo repos

CleanSlate R 1.7.2 Downloads:
      Rooted installer zip:
      CleanSlate R 1.7.2:

Non rooted, Android R image (2021-02-05)
      Pixel5 redfin boot image CS 1.7.2:

CleanSlate Config App free version 3.1.10: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145727973
      Premium version still rolling out to playstore yet, today

- Update Android R Stable - 1.7.1 -
      December Google security/feature update + Panel idle low power modes
      - December Google update
      --- Hooray: Touch screen corner dead zones are now gone with the update
      --- Long tap/double tap corner gestures are now working correctly (check in Sweep gestures / Presets)
      - Display configurations for ultra low power saving and physical off
      --- (credits, thanks to @kdrag0n for bringing this up on P5), slight sparing
      --- (built-into kernel, so stock dtbo/vendor_boot can be kept)
      - Updating to latest adblocking hosts files from Steven Black/AdAway/yoyo repos

CleanSlate R 1.7.1 Downloads:
      Rooted installer zip:
      CleanSlate R 1.7.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675599754

Non rooted, Android R image (2020-12-05)
      Pixel5 redfin boot image CS 1.7.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675599753

santa-android-121613.jpg
      Working on a new version mainly focusing to bring kdrag0ns safetynet fix magisk module for hw attestation to work without magisk baked into the kernel.. so far progress, but it's a bit finicky :)
      But after all it works, without magisk
      The sources didn't change in the new February patch. I tested and all is fine with the latest version of cleanslate.