• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[KERNEL] CleanSlate 🚀 R1.8.5/S2.8.6 |Gamma|AdBlock|SafetyNet|FlashLight|S2S|FingPr [13Jun]

Search This thread

chaostrodamis

Mar 14, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
- Update Android R Stable - 1.8.7 -
June sec update - 4.19.160
- fix charging issue of 1.8.6

CleanSlate R 1.8.7 Downloads:
Rooted installer zip:
CleanSlate R 1.8.7: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586348837

Non rooted, Android R image (2021-06-05)
Pixel5 redfin boot image CS 1.8.7: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586348836

Read first post in thread for installation details.
Download is only 2.7mb. I think something is wrong with that. Also tried to flash and won't boot. Reboots into bootloader again.

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
Reactions: andybones

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
Yeah running it now with reboot issues. Charges fine though. Going back to 1.8.5
Was it a full reboot with going to the Unlock warning screen, or was it a soft reboot?
Any specific thing that triggered it? Did it boot up fully, and crashed later on?

If you could test with the boot image and also provide with crash log that would be great.
Like temporary booting it over 1.8.5 (with fastboot boot image, not flashing), wait for the crash, then after it rebooted, use the Companion app "KERNEL LOG" button to copy the ramoops crash log to the internal storage, and upload it somewhere, so I can check on it. (if the Kernel log displays a toast message that file size is 0, then please wait a bit and retry). The file is under /sdcard/__console-ramoops-0.txt

Thanks

chaostrodamis

Mar 14, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Was it a full reboot with going to the Unlock warning screen, or was it a soft reboot?
Any specific thing that triggered it? Did it boot up fully, and crashed later on?

If you could test with the boot image and also provide with crash log that would be great.
Like temporary booting it over 1.8.5 (with fastboot boot image, not flashing), wait for the crash, then after it rebooted, use the Companion app "KERNEL LOG" button to copy the ramoops crash log to the internal storage, and upload it somewhere, so I can check on it. (if the Kernel log displays a toast message that file size is 0, then please wait a bit and retry). The file is under /sdcard/__console-ramoops-0.txt

Thanks
It rebooted twice. Both while on the charger because I was testing charging. Wasn't actually "using" the phone at the time. My watch notified me that it had disconnected from my phone. When I looked it was at the Google icon loading screen in the middle of rebooting. Booted fully though ran for a while with no sign of issues. Second time was similar. Didn't see if it completely rebooted because it took a couple seconds to notice. I can look into it tomorrow and supply a log.

Reactions: tbalden

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
It rebooted twice. Both while on the charger because I was testing charging. Wasn't actually "using" the phone at the time. My watch notified me that it had disconnected from my phone. When I looked it was at the Google icon loading screen in the middle of rebooting. Booted fully though ran for a while with no sign of issues. Second time was similar. Didn't see if it completely rebooted because it took a couple seconds to notice. I can look into it tomorrow and supply a log.
Thanks. Interesting bit is that roughly the same sources worked without issues on the preview. I'm perplexed

chaostrodamis

Mar 14, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Ok just an fyi kernel comes up as the stock name.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-172548.png
    Screenshot_20210617-172548.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 23

chaostrodamis

Mar 14, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Ok got it.

Two reboots and a bootloop should be there. Just click the Google advertisment/link above for the log.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak07 and tbalden

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
Ok got it.

Two reboots and a bootloop should be there. Just click the Google advertisment/link above for the log.
Thanks a lot! The naming issue I've found also the booting with boot image. Building a new version with that.

For the logs please grant access, just asked for it on Google drive, thanks!

Reactions: Freak07

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com
Last edited:

chaostrodamis

Mar 14, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Reactions: tbalden

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Update Android SP Beta3 - 2.8.7 -
    Android S Beta 3 update
    - All features work, except SafetyNet CTS passing, only Basic Integrity
    - Kernel 4.19.198, July sec level

CleanSlate S 2.8.7 Downloads:
    Rooted installer zip:
    CleanSlate S 2.8.7: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586368718

Non rooted, Android S image (sp beta3 2021-06-18)
    Pixel5 redfin SPB3 boot image CS 2.8.7: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586368677

Stock SPB3 boot image if you need to restore

vbmeta of SPB3 to deactivate verity checks on the custom boot image and most probably to do factory reset, DO IT BEFORE FLASHING THE KERNEL, or it won't boot
    You can try to deactivate the vbmeta check before the first booting up right after sideloading the OTA beta 1, maybe that will let you boot without factory reset after vbmeta verify disabling.

Deactivate, you might need to factory reset if you don't follow the OTA-update/disable-before-first-boot procedure (fastboot -w for factory reset)
    Code:
    fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta_redfin-spb3.210618.013.img

Re-activate if you need:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta_redfin-spb3.210618.013.img

Hi guys, I'm a11 with elemental kernel. How would I go about flashing this kernel?
    Read the OP are you using ex kernel manager go to tools flasher then navigate to the place you downloaded the file too here's the link to the file u need
    Does 1.8.5 work with the July update
    Latest works fine on last July patch
    Does 1.8.5 work with the July update
    Latest works fine on last July patch
    Thanks for testing, i suspected it will work, very little changes on the new sources released this month.
    Woo hoo! Were back!
    Edit: removing the release for now, sorry, it causes issues on boots. Please revert to previous version.

- Update Android R Stable - 1.7.2 -
    Add SafetyNet fix + Fingerprint + February images
    - New: special in-built version of @kdrag0n 's SafetyNet fix for keystore fallback
    --- baked into the kernel, no Magisk needed to fully pass CTS profile and Basic SN
    --- those who have a phone where Hardware attestation now fails, should pass the test with this
    --- use the boot image provided and after flashing and first boot do a reboot again, so the fix can work forward on
    - New: add Fingeprint gesture: Stock Swipe Up/Down option (new config app needed!)
    --- use normal fp tap for special gestures, and swipes for notification area stock gestures
    - Updating to latest adblocking hosts files from Steven Black/AdAway/yoyo repos

CleanSlate R 1.7.2 Downloads:
    Rooted installer zip:
    CleanSlate R 1.7.2:

Non rooted, Android R image (2021-02-05)
    Pixel5 redfin boot image CS 1.7.2:

CleanSlate Config App free version 3.1.10: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145727973
    Premium version still rolling out to playstore yet, today

- Update Android R Stable - 1.7.1 -
    December Google security/feature update + Panel idle low power modes
    - December Google update
    --- Hooray: Touch screen corner dead zones are now gone with the update
    --- Long tap/double tap corner gestures are now working correctly (check in Sweep gestures / Presets)
    - Display configurations for ultra low power saving and physical off
    --- (credits, thanks to @kdrag0n for bringing this up on P5), slight sparing
    --- (built-into kernel, so stock dtbo/vendor_boot can be kept)
    - Updating to latest adblocking hosts files from Steven Black/AdAway/yoyo repos

CleanSlate R 1.7.1 Downloads:
    Rooted installer zip:
    CleanSlate R 1.7.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675599754

Non rooted, Android R image (2020-12-05)
    Pixel5 redfin boot image CS 1.7.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675599753

santa-android-121613.jpg
    The sources didn't change in the new February patch. I tested and all is fine with the latest version of cleanslate.
    Working on a new version mainly focusing to bring kdrag0ns safetynet fix magisk module for hw attestation to work without magisk baked into the kernel.. so far progress, but it's a bit finicky :)
    But after all it works, without magisk