[KERNEL] CleanSlate R2.7.13/S3.9.3 |S2S|Gamma|KCal|AdBlock|VIB|WrGrd [Jun 8]

Search This thread

tuan2mbox

Dec 7, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm using Pixel 4XL non-root with LOS. I wanted to use CleanState Kernel and I have installed it by flowing the instruction in #1. Everything looked fine. Here are my commands and result:
1638957502330.png

When I reboot and check, it's still the old Kernel and none of those features worked.
Could you guys pls tell me what have I done wrong!

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm using Pixel 4XL non-root with LOS. I wanted to use CleanState Kernel and I have installed it by flowing the instruction in #1. Everything looked fine. Here are my commands and result:
View attachment 5477487

When I reboot and check, it's still the old Kernel and none of those features worked.
Could you guys pls tell me what have I done wrong!
Have you checked the active slot in the bootloader? Maybe it's not a but b?

tbalden

Recognized Developer

tbalden

Recognized Developer
When I reboot, now it says: no valid slot to boot!
and tucked in Fastboot Mode! I have done the same steps as before!
View attachment 5477533
Sorry to hear. If I understand correctly, the temporary booting worked but after flashing it didn't boot at all?
Don't know what might have went wrong, but you can restore your boot partitions from a full firmware zip using fastboot. Stock factory images are found here: https://developers.google.com/android/images which contain inside a bigger zip and in that the stock boot image.

Reactions: insestito

tuan2mbox

Dec 7, 2021
@tbalden @insestito I just tried again and it worked perfectly! After reading your comments, I realize that I have installed the wrong version. That explains for the temporary booting worked but after flashing it didn't boot at all. I was in LOS with Android 11 Version but I tried CleanState 3.8.0. I'm sorry you guys for my own problem cuz I didn't read carefully!
And Thank you guys so much for helping me!

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Is CleanSlate Companion 3.2.0 still working with Kirisakura 8.0.0? None of the changes I make seem to be having an effect!

EDIT: 3.1.15 still works. What needs to change to get 3.2.0 to work?

Last edited:
Reactions: tbalden

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Is CleanSlate Companion 3.2.0 still working with Kirisakura 8.0.0? None of the changes I make seem to be having an effect!

EDIT: 3.1.15 still works. What needs to change to get 3.2.0 to work?
I need to update my kernel to make it work with the new apps. Next release should include the necessary commits. (y) i will mention it in the changelog.

zrepiV

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
I've tried to look through all of the posts in this thread, but can't seem to find anything. If this was asked before, I apologize, but I could not find it.

Is there a way to mimic the green-tint mitigation gamma fix for 90hz to 60hz as well? For example, some apps run on 60hz (Google Maps) and when the brightness is low, the green tint is there (albeit, less severe than when it was on 90hz without the gamma fix). This is kind of odd when the system is being forced onto 90hz as per the developer's options, but I guess the app will bypass and force itself to use 60hz.

tbalden

Recognized Developer

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
Hello guys, is it ok to flash this kernel over Kirisakura one? Since i have my Pixel 4, i used only Kirisakura kernel. Now, I want to try this one just to see wich one is more friendly in terms of battery life under normal every day usage.

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Hello guys, is it ok to flash this kernel over Kirisakura one? Since i have my Pixel 4, i used only Kirisakura kernel. Now, I want to try this one just to see wich one is more friendly in terms of battery life under normal every day usage.
You can flash it, but you should also flash stock dtbo when doing so. When installing with the zip and a kernel manager then it's flashing dtbo as well. If using the boot image, you should also flash a stock dtbo manually.

Also note that you'll need the new beta config and companion apps. Join the beta program on play store in the cleanslate apps or download them from the first post.

Reactions: aresbv2000

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
You can flash it, but you should also flash stock dtbo when doing so. When installing with the zip and a kernel manager then it's flashing dtbo as well. If using the boot image, you should also flash a stock dtbo manually.

Also note that you'll need the new beta config and companion apps. Join the beta program on play store in the cleanslate apps or download them from the first post.
Thank you. I'll flash it using Franco Kernel Manager so that DTBO is flashed automatically.

Reactions: tbalden

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Just for those who are updating for 12L android beta 2 here are some installers (I'm not planning on updating them regularly, just tried and wanted to share them):

Android 12L Beta 2 zip (3v2_8.0):
boot image android 12L beta2 (coral_cleanslate_3v2.8.0_stock_s2b2_2021-12-03.img):

Only use them over android 12L beta 2

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
I need to update my kernel to make it work with the new apps. Next release should include the necessary commits. (y) i will mention it in the changelog.

I just updated to Kirisakura 8.0.3 and while it does load the settings in Cleanslate Config 3.2.6, any changes I make in the Config app do not take effect, until rebooting I presume. 3.1.15 still works...

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Hey guys. I got something to ask

When the "face down to lock" feature is enabled, the phone locks itself if the proximity sensor is covered in any orientation rather than just being face down.
This is an inconvenience and the phone keeps locking itself randomly while being used inside a blanket in winters, or if the proximity sensor is covered by anything. Shouldn't it use the sensors to determine to lock the screen only when the phone is face down?

Top Liked Posts