[KERNEL] CleanSlate R2.7.13/S3.9.3 |S2S|Gamma|KCal|AdBlock|VIB|WrGrd [Jun 8]

Search This thread

Donric13

Nov 10, 2014
Nexus 9
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Hi, do i need to unlock my bootloader to flash it?
It is saying not allow because locked.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

i flashed it with my bootloader unlocked. now i re-locked my bootloader and it is saying no valid rom found.
If i flash the stock rom again, i guess it will remove the custom kernel. right?!
In that case, how can i flash it with my bootloader locked?
I hobe you didn't change oem unlock in dev options... Are you still able to unlock bootloader again? If so reflash stock rom with factory images. Don't ever lock bootloader if kernel and rom isn't stock.

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Hi, do i need to unlock my bootloader to flash it?
It is saying not allow because locked.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

i flashed it with my bootloader unlocked. now i re-locked my bootloader and it is saying no valid rom found.
If i flash the stock rom again, i guess it will remove the custom kernel. right?!
In that case, how can i flash it with my bootloader locked?
I hobe you didn't change oem unlock in dev options... Are you still able to unlock bootloader again? If so reflash stock rom with factory images. Don't ever lock bootloader if kernel and rom isn't stock.
Yes, as it's detailed in the install process, prerequisites it's needed to unlock the phone.

And yes, never relock a phone without the stock firmware in place. Only Google signed/stock partitions can be booted with a locked bootloader. I hope you can unlock again to fix this otherwise it's going to need special equipment to fix it at a repair facility.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 4 XL
Degreenify works great! Question on locally building only with gamma tweaks…

The degreenify gamma tweak is wonderful - it has made my phone usable at low brightness levels, ending the fights with Adaptive Brightness and allowing for true darkness, alongside removing almost all flickering. I wound up changing "replace_gamma_dynamic_blue_low" to 11 from the default of 12, otherwise it is identical to the "Degreenify Lows" preset. That alone made it worth my donation - thank you!

As I don't currently have a need for the other functionality offered by CleanSlate and I prefer keeping my system tidy, I've looked into the published kernel source (namely the "dsi-staging" directory of the GitHub repo) with the aim of producing a hardcoded gamma-tweaks-only kernel build for myself. It would seem that if I "#define CONFIG_UCI" and stub out all the "uci_get_user_property_*" functions with the specific values I've chosen, I should be able to leave out the changes to the rest of the stock kernel source

Does this seem reasonable, or are there any other things I should be aware of?

(I'm content with just trying and fixing things until it works, I figured I'd ask just in case you know off the top of your head.)

tbalden

Recognized Developer
The degreenify gamma tweak is wonderful - it has made my phone usable at low brightness levels, ending the fights with Adaptive Brightness and allowing for true darkness, alongside removing almost all flickering. I wound up changing "replace_gamma_dynamic_blue_low" to 11 from the default of 12, otherwise it is identical to the "Degreenify Lows" preset. That alone made it worth my donation - thank you!

As I don't currently have a need for the other functionality offered by CleanSlate and I prefer keeping my system tidy, I've looked into the published kernel source (namely the "dsi-staging" directory of the GitHub repo) with the aim of producing a hardcoded gamma-tweaks-only kernel build for myself. It would seem that if I "#define CONFIG_UCI" and stub out all the "uci_get_user_property_*" functions with the specific values I've chosen, I should be able to leave out the changes to the rest of the stock kernel source

Does this seem reasonable, or are there any other things I should be aware of?

(I'm content with just trying and fixing things until it works, I figured I'd ask just in case you know off the top of your head.)
Thanks for your donation, much appreciated.
Yes, the dsi staging is the interesting part.. If the changes there related to dynamically override the values, are in, you should be good to go. Code gets a bit messy at the part where the replacement goes on, not a neat clean code there, be prepared :)

Donric13

Nov 10, 2014
Nexus 9
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Thank you. will i still get updates from google if my bootloader is unlocked?
Yes. But if you' are rooted you don't receive the monthly patches (you have to update manually). If you're on a custom kernel you'll find yourself on stock kernel after monthly update and have to flash the custom kernel again (as soon the custom kernel is updated to the new security patch).

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Thank you. will i still get updates from google if my bootloader is unlocked?
Yes. But if you' are rooted you don't receive the monthly patches (you have to update manually). If you're on a custom kernel you'll find yourself on stock kernel after monthly update and have to flash the custom kernel again (as soon the custom kernel is updated to the new security patch).
Also when updating manually, it's adviced to have a stock boot flashed back on Android 11. It seems the ota applied only over that. Having a custom kernel meant it didn't flash. On Android 10 it wasn't an issue, some changes in Android 11 this is

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
Just wanted to say I've been using this kernel for the past 4-5 days and I'm very impressed with overall performance and standby battery drain overnight. I don't sleep with my phone plugged in so I consider any drain below 1% to be excellent untouched. That said, I lose between .5% and .7% per hour which is spectacular. Also I am really enjoying the ability to modify the vibration because at stock it just sounded like a rattle. At 90% it sounds like a normal vibration. I went ahead and grabbed both apps from the store to support your work. Thanks for building this for our devices!

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Just wanted to say I've been using this kernel for the past 4-5 days and I'm very impressed with overall performance and standby battery drain overnight. I don't sleep with my phone plugged in so I consider any drain below 1% to be excellent untouched. That said, I lose between .5% and .7% per hour which is spectacular. Also I am really enjoying the ability to modify the vibration because at stock it just sounded like a rattle. At 90% it sounds like a normal vibration. I went ahead and grabbed both apps from the store to support your work. Thanks for building this for our devices!
Thanks, much appreciated. [emoji106][emoji106]

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Been working on fixing the wifi based config app profile activation of the premium version, that's been missing to be fully functional on the new cleanslate config app version 3.0.x.

Happy to say that it shaped up well and I'm now testing it and about to release it on play store and here a new kernel version, which will be needed also.

Stay tuned :)

Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
- Update Android R Stable - 2.6.3 -

Wifi based profile activation coming back
- This is interesting only for those who use the Premium config app and Wifi AP name based profile changing
--- extending uci/userland: now wifi ssid name is passed from kernel to the Config app
--- using that information now the Config app in play store 3.x will be able to change profile in the background
--- Use the latest Config app from Play Store, rolled out today (3.0.3).

- Minor fix to kernellog export to make it work at the first time being invoked from Companion app

Android 11
CleanSlate R 2.6.3 Downloads:

Rooted installer zip:
CleanSlate R 2.6.3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675570412

Non rooted, Android R image (Based on: 2020-10-05)
boot image CS 2.6.3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675570413

Read first post in thread for installation details.

latest 3.1.2 Companion App https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675570411

Last edited:

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Enable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-220057.png
    Screenshot_20201028-220057.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 158

tbalden

Recognized Developer

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Last edited:

chaostrodamis

Mar 14, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
- Update Android R Stable - 2.6.4 -

November source update
- Updating to latest security patch level by Google

CleanSlate R 2.6.4 Downloads:
Non rooted, Android R image (rp 2020-11-05)
Pixel4Xl (coral) boot image CS 2.6.4: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675576749
Rooted installer zip:
CleanSlate R 2.6.4: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675576747

Read first post in thread for installation details.
These links are swapped. Lol

Alexkidd85

Jun 29, 2010
Catania
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi guys.

I do not understood if this kernel (or any other) is so more conservative that is more laggy than the stock or, i know extremely example, than the performance governor.
For example: when i do an update all from play store, the stock or the performance (obviously, I know) doesn't make laggy the phone in operation like scroll.

Thanks, expecially to developer.

Top Liked Posts