[KERNEL] CleanSlate R2.9.7 |S2S|VIB|AdBlock|FPS|FlashLight|WireGrd [Apr 1]

Search This thread

tbalden

Recognized Developer
- Update Android Q Stable - 1.6.1 -

Moving to "KernelPermissiveSELinux"
- 'KernelPermissiveSELinux' - brand new CleanSlate feature,
---- moving to a new enhanced version of kernel side security level elevation for KAdaway
---- kernel permissive mode allows to narrow down permissions for Kernel originating operations for CleanSlate features - like the ones listed above,
---- and so avoids opening up the SELinux enforced mode to temporary Full permissive.
----- This way the integrity of booting the device is still as much intact as possible to achieve these features.

- Input and Flashlight/Notif reminder features config access simplified
---- under the hood, instead of constantly reading from UCI driver
---- less time spent in spinlocks, and more efficient RCU times achieved. Thanks @Freak07 for reporting the "stall" issues

Android 10
CleanSlate Q 1.6.1 Downloads:

Rooted installer zip:
CleanSlate Q 1.6.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675557674

Non rooted, Android Q image (Based on: 1-17.0823.2008.78)
boot image CS 1.6.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675557673

Read first post in thread for installation details.
Make sure you use latest 2.15.4 Config app https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682949477

Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
i've already done the unlock tool, just scared i will lose my data on the phone, i can go ahead and install thie kernel and wont lose data?
Great. Then if you're on wwe firmware and latest .70 or .78 asus update, you'll be fine. Worst case you can flash back the stock boot image.

Do you plan to flash the zip version with a rooted kernel manager or twrp?
Or do you plan to use the boot img version?

jcliu0

Sep 3, 2015
Great. Then if you're on wwe firmware and latest .70 or .78 asus update, you'll be fine. Worst case you can flash back the stock boot image.

Do you plan to flash the zip version with a rooted kernel manager or twrp?
Or do you plan to use the boot img version?

i rather keep the phone rootless, so it would be the booot img version if possible.
Problem is that i am not on the .70 or .78 update yet.... do i need to do that first? (so meaning i will prob lose data haha)

tbalden

Recognized Developer
i rather keep the phone rootless, so it would be the booot img version if possible.

Problem is that i am not on the .70 or .78 update yet.... do i need to do that first? (so meaning i will prob lose data haha)
You need to update, and you won't lose data because of that.

As you have unlocked, the easy and safe process to update is to download the full firmware zip .78 place it in the root of the phones internal sdcard, reboot and after a while a notification appears about the update, and you can start it.

This is because after unlock ota is not an option, instead you need the full firmware.

Firmware here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...S_I003_1-ASUS-17.0823.2008.78-1.1.63-user.zip

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

Yashny

Apr 1, 2019
After flash 1.6.1 I got random reboots and no wake-up issue. Never happened before

And congratulations for your excellent work!

tbalden

Recognized Developer
After flash 1.6.1 I got random reboots and no wake-up issue. Never happened before

When did the random reboot happen? Did you do any specific thing or happened something, like a phone call, or it being idle for a while?

Do you use forced fps feature?

Any logs maybe?

tbalden

Recognized Developer

No wake up means exactly what? Double tap? Power?
I noticed that proximity sensor sometimes get stuck on stock too and until you wave have over it, double tap won't wake

Yashny

Apr 1, 2019
I just leave it at the table and just rebooted
No wake-up issue is on but don't respond after lock and screen off for a while.
About the sensor...nothing close to sensor when that happened

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Yes I'm using forced screen hz

tbalden

Recognized Developer
I just leave it at the table and just rebooted
No wake-up issue is on but don't respond after lock and screen off for a while.
About the sensor...nothing close to sensor when that happened

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Yes I'm using forced screen hz
Do you have Block power button while in pocket option set?
I have this issue of phone proximity sensor getting stuck. A hand wave before the sensor helps the issue, I can wake it after that normally.

As for the forced fps, I suspect it might cause an issue of phone getting stuck on a new call and then reboots, when forced fps is on.

Do you know if you had a call incoming when the reboot happened?

Last edited:

Yashny

Apr 1, 2019
No I didn't an call missed.

I will try again today..I needed alarm to go work xD and I reflashed backup of anteriorly kernel.

I have fps force enable but I will try off
I don't use to block power button.

Today I give you feedback

tbalden

Recognized Developer
No I didn't an call missed.

I will try again today..I needed alarm to go work xD and I reflashed backup of anteriorly kernel.

I have fps force enable but I will try off
I don't use to block power button.

Today I give you feedback
I'm working on a new feature to enable saving logs and kernel crash logs to sdcard without root.
That could help us to identify the issue easier.
Thanks

If you are magisk rooted you can already grab the crash log likely.
You'll find it under /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops-0

Yashny

Apr 1, 2019
I will check the log for you.

PROBLEM SOLVED

FLASH cleanslate last
Uninstall 2 cleanslate apps
Reboot
Install again 2 apps
Good to go!

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Now another issue..during the call after about 5 seconds just shutsdown

tbalden

Recognized Developer
I will check the log for you.

PROBLEM SOLVED

FLASH cleanslate last
Uninstall 2 cleanslate apps
Reboot
Install again 2 apps
Good to go!

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Now another issue..during the call after about 5 seconds just shutsdown
Were you able to fetch a log?
Also are you on latest firmware?

Yashny

Apr 1, 2019
Logs folder is empty :(

Yap im running ww.78.

Returned to older build of kernel but I have to unsintall and install apps even on older build

Yashny

Apr 1, 2019
Flashed latest kirisakura kernel with cleanslate 1.5 build.

The issues are call ends after 5 to 10 seconds

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Flashed latest kirisakura kernel with cleanslate 1.5 build.

The issues are call ends after 5 to 10 seconds
Ok, we cleared this up. It was a magisk module replacing the adreno driver that caused all the issues it seems.

So first thing one should check before reporting issues here is to make sure you disabled any magisk modules and try to reproduce then. Otherwise it's very hard to tell what causes what.

I'll add this to the original post a bit later.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Working on another long time thought, to make kernel log and kernel crash log after reboot accessible without rooting.
With this new feature, pressing a button in the companion app will produce the data to the internal storage, sdcard, no root/magisk needed. You can then check it or report back with it in here in case there were an issue happening.

Again based on kernel permissive feature, no fully permissive selinux is being set, just temporary kernel rights elevation.

View attachment 5112643

In the meantime I'm also updating apps to target newer Android sdk 29, the time for older sdk is up, Google won't allow app updates with that. Fortunately it won't mean much change to the functionality, except issues around wifi access point name based profile activation. :/ I'll have to think how to reebable that, for now it won't work in the config app.

tbalden

Recognized Developer
- Update Android Q Stable - 1.6.2 -

Kernel log feature update
- new: kernel log dump to sdcard feature - no root/magisk needed
-- From companion app, with Kernel Log button you can
---- export last console-ramoops-0 file to sdcard /sdcard/__console-ramoops-0.txt
---- and print latest kernel log (dmesg) to /sdcard/__uci-cs-dmesg.txt
- Fix: remove s.youtube.com from in-built KAdaway Adblocking list, to let Youtube playback progress history work
- Use latest CleanSlate Companion app 3.1.0 for kernel log export feature

Android 10
CleanSlate Q 1.6.2 Downloads:

Rooted installer zip:
CleanSlate Q 1.6.2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675559853

Non rooted, Android Q image (Based on: 1-17.0823.2008.78)
boot image CS 1.6.2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675559852

Read first post in thread for installation details.
Make sure you use latest 3.1.0 Companion App https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675559850

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts