[KERNEL] CleanSlate R2.9.7 |S2S|VIB|AdBlock|FPS|FlashLight|WireGrd [Apr 1]

Search This thread

jcliu0

Sep 3, 2015
- Update Android Q Stable - 1.6.2 -

Kernel log feature update
- new: kernel log dump to sdcard feature - no root/magisk needed
-- From companion app, with Kernel Log button you can
---- export last console-ramoops-0 file to sdcard /sdcard/__console-ramoops-0.txt
---- and print latest kernel log (dmesg) to /sdcard/__uci-cs-dmesg.txt
- Fix: remove s.youtube.com from in-built KAdaway Adblocking list, to let Youtube playback progress history work
- Use latest CleanSlate Companion app 3.1.0 for kernel log export feature

Android 10
CleanSlate Q 1.6.2 Downloads:

Rooted installer zip:
CleanSlate Q 1.6.2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675559853

Non rooted, Android Q image (Based on: 1-17.0823.2008.78)
boot image CS 1.6.2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675559852

Read first post in thread for installation details.
Make sure you use latest 3.1.0 Companion App https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675559850

Hey sir, i forgot to ask, which ADB tool are you using from the PC to reboot into bootloader?

adhiduzz

May 6, 2013
Using the official Google Android SDK's platform tools.

well nice!!

i just wake up from my hibernation after 4 years not doing this things :D
it arouse me to do so

hope you can help for further process if i get the issue, seems that i should learn everything from the beginning :D

well, i read the post this ROG3 can be relock bootloader, is it so real? :D

one thing for sure, i do read this thread from the first page then this kernel has ability seamlessly for banking apps
i'm afraid one of banking apps/electronic money apps of my country tracking not from root/not, but from bootloader

are you sure for this?

please let me get the line if i was wrong :D

tbalden

Recognized Developer
well nice!!

i just wake up from my hibernation after 4 years not doing this things :D

it arouse me to do so

hope you can help for further process if i get the issue, seems that i should learn everything from the beginning :D

well, i read the post this ROG3 can be relock bootloader, is it so real? :D

one thing for sure, i do read this thread from the first page then this kernel has ability seamlessly for banking apps

i'm afraid one of banking apps/electronic money apps of my country tracking not from root/not, but from bootloader

are you sure for this?

please let me get the line if i was wrong :D
Yes, you can relock the phone.
Yes, newer banking apps try to detect boot loader state, and this is where the custom kernel helps, faking the bootloader state as much as possible.
That's how safetynet test also passes as of now, and so banking apps so far usually work. I also use two banking apps that usually wouldn't work without the custom kernel, yet they work fine with cleanslate.
So worst case you try, and if it fails you can still flash back a full firmware and relock the boot loader.

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

adhiduzz

May 6, 2013
Yes, you can relock the phone.
Yes, newer banking apps try to detect boot loader state, and this is where the custom kernel helps, faking the bootloader state as much as possible.
That's how safetynet test also passes as of now, and so banking apps so far usually work. I also use two banking apps that usually wouldn't work without the custom kernel, yet they work fine with cleanslate.
So worst case you try, and if it fails you can still flash back a full firmware and relock the boot loader.

glad to hear buddy :eek:
can i use XQ55 method to unlock BL then flash your kernel via adb ?

rolandliu

Jun 20, 2016
First time trying to install custom kernel, I would like to know do I have to unlock bootloader? AFAIK unlock bootloader will wipe data from my phone so will installing kernel wipe my data?

tbalden

Recognized Developer
First time trying to install custom kernel, I would like to know do I have to unlock bootloader? AFAIK unlock bootloader will wipe data from my phone so will installing kernel wipe my data?
Unlocking the boot loader will indeed wipe data.
Then afterwards, you can install kernels, firmwares without wiping data. So it's a one time wipe at unlock.
If you plan to relock the boot loader, make sure you flashed the stock full firmware on the phone including the stock kernel, as after relock you can only boot with stock/signed firmware. If you don't do so, your phone won't boot, so never relock without flashing back to stock firmware. Also relock will wipe data if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

LRNZ09

Jan 19, 2013
Florence
lorenzopieri.dev
OnePlus 8T
Hey @tbalden I just tried to flash the latest boot image for non-rooted phones, but it gives me an error, what should I do?

This is the fastboot log:
Code:
Sending 'boot_b' (39576 KB)                        OKAY [  0.060s]
Writing 'boot_b'                                   FAILED (remote: 'Cannot flash non-official image without unlocking first.')
fastboot: error: Command failed

tbalden

Recognized Developer
@LRNZ09
Non rooted doesn't mean locked phone. When you unlock the phone it is not yet "rooted". Rooted rather means you added a framework/ application like magisk to be able to give superuser permission to apps and processes..
This usually means you could have issues with apps that detect magisk.

Cleanslate not being rooted is about not having magisk/superuser on the phone and still configure kernel features with a special interface of the Kernel. Usually traditional custom kernels require superuser's rights/rooting to be configured. Cleanslate doesn't need that.

So, as detailed in the installation process, you'll need an unlocked boot loader. But the kernel tries its best to hide the fact that the boot loader is unlocked. This gives much better chances of successfully running banking apps, and also means no risk is taken by allowing apps to run with superuser rights.

Last edited:

jcliu0

Sep 3, 2015
hey tbalden, i forgot to update i have successfully flashed cleanstate on my phone, very happy with your help sir!

tbalden

Recognized Developer
- Update Android Q Stable - 1.6.4 -

Important bugfix update
- Fix: Kernel freezes when using "Vibrate for calls in DND" and call vibration boosting feature
-- Occasionally the phone got hung when receiving calls

Android 10
CleanSlate Q 1.6.4 Downloads:

Rooted installer zip:
CleanSlate Q 1.6.4: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675568767

boot image CS 1.6.4: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675568766

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Is it normal for this kernel not populate information in the about section in settings? I installed through FKM if that makes any difference.

attachment.php

Cgfg8kJ.jpg

Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Is it normal for this kernel not populate information in the about section in settings? I installed through FKM if that makes any difference.

attachment.php

Cgfg8kJ.jpg
Hey man, good to see you around! :)
Yes, well it's an ASUS thing with the rom. You can't check it there since like forever. You need to run config app or Termux 'uname -a'
For some reason it doesn't get there, asus settings cannot parse the format altho it's rather standard.

tbalden

Recognized Developer
- Update Android Q Stable - 1.6.5 -

Wifi based profile activation coming back
- This is interesting only for those who use the Premium config app and Wifi AP name based profile changing
--- extending uci/userland: now wifi ssid name is passed from kernel to the Config app
--- using that information now the Config app in play store 3.x will be able to change profile in the background
--- wifi driver now built-in to kernel (that's why zip/img size increased)
--- Use the latest Config app from Play Store, rolled out today (3.0.3).

- Minor fix to kernellog export to make it work at the first time being invoked from Companion app
--- use new Companion app 3.1.2 for this fix
- Minor fix for Chromatic Charging LED light getting stuck after usb disconnect, when the System Settings / Display / Use LED is off.

Android 10
CleanSlate Q 1.6.5 Downloads:

Rooted installer zip:
CleanSlate Q 1.6.5: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675570425

boot image CS 1.6.5: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675570426

latest 3.1.2 Companion App https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675570411

tbalden

Recognized Developer
@tbalden

Sorry tbalden... still a strangeness [emoji849]

The previous problem I solved just like you told me to:

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83575315&postcount=79

Now it only happens if I activate X Mode.

In the X Mode settings I think I checked everything but didn't solve it; maybe in the kernel settings, in your application?

Could you tell me which setting to check?

Thank you very much
What I noticed is that different screen fps uses different gamma settings. And it is very apparent on lower brightness levels. I think what you notice is that it changes screen refresh rate and that comes with another gamma calibration. This is a stock behavior and I think you can't do much about it.
Especially apparent when you force to 160hz mode.

Xmode changes screen refresh rate

Last edited:

adhiduzz

May 6, 2013
hi

battery saver level : 1-3

can you explain level 1 means?

i mean, which level saver is it 1 or 3?

anyway, my banking apps passed successfully with this kernel :laugh:

Top Liked Posts