[Kernel][CM10][26/08] CMOC10-Kernel [New! MaxOC version]

Search This thread

Johnsel

Mar 18, 2008
Hello people,

This is a CM10 overclocked kernel, based on Metallice's CM9 version. Thanks for jumpstarting me, mate! :laugh:

It's features:

Overclockable to 1.38GHz, 1.52GHz for MaxOC
Underclockable to 150MHz, both
GPU overclocked to 384MHz, 512MHz for MaxOC
L3 overclocked to 224MHz for MaxOC
Wheatley governor (by Ezekeel)
Pegasusq governor
NTFS Read-only support
SIO scheduler (by Ezekeel)
SLQB memory allocator (by Ezekeel)
Optimized CRC32 & ARM RWSEM algorithms
LowMemoryKiller backported from 3.4 kernel
and several other fixes and optimizations

***Read Me***
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, USE SETCPU PROFILES OF ANY KIND OR ANYTHING SIMILAR WITH THIS DEVICE. Things like screen off max frequency, temperature throttling, and others are already built in to the OMAP architecture. Using ANY profiles will ONLY lead to problems, instabilities, and battery drain.

***Changelog***
26-08:
Included cifs module in zip. Re-enabled touchboost for smoother response. NTFS support (read-only)

NEW! MaxOC version. CPU @ 1.52, GPU @ 512, L3 @ 224 & significant overvolt @ max speed.
Download links:
Regular version: http://goo.im/devs/Johnsel/kernels/CMOC10-Kernel_P31xx-20120826.zip

Use at own risk!! These values are HIGH!
MaxOC version: http://goo.im/devs/Johnsel/kernels/CMOC10-Kernel_P31xx-20120826-MaxOC.zip

Source:
https://github.com/Johnsel/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10/tree/jellybean

Last edited:

jym1975

Mar 17, 2011
Awesome! Thanks man. Will give it a good run.

Edit: won't boot. Gets stuck at the Samsung logo. Will try to post logs.

for me too :( (P3100)

Tried to reinstall, but after some minutes on Samsung logo my P3100 has rebooted, but still on sam logo :((

Last edited:

CrArc

Oct 22, 2006
P3110, flashed zip via CWM, same problem here, no-boot: stuck at Samsung logo. :(

How do we acquire logs to post, by the way?

Thanks though, Johnsel! Nice to see we're on our way to a swish new kernel for CM10 :D

jym1975

Mar 17, 2011
boots but wifi not working on my P3100

Edit: tried also with a full wipe but nothing, Wifi doesn't work :(

Last edited:

Metallice

Jun 24, 2010
Now it should work. Please don't hit me for f'ing up that many times in a row :]

Glad to see you got it all up and running. Good work! I'm always open to PMs if you have any more questions or whatnot.

Also be careful with live OC. It doesn't just overclock CPU/gpu/bus. It overclocks EVERYTHING. A lot of which don't like being overclocked. I would disable it for things like the DSP or other miscellaneous frequencies if you want it to go higher and be more effective. The source should be pretty straightforward on how to disable it for those elements. At least that's how it was the last time I looked. Maybe its different now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

androtom

Nov 17, 2010
I confirm, so far it's fine.

Try @1200 and 1380. Thx for the work.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

Johnsel

Mar 18, 2008
Glad to see you got it all up and running. Good work! I'm always open to PMs if you have any more questions or whatnot.

Also be careful with live OC. It doesn't just overclock CPU/gpu/bus. It overclocks EVERYTHING. A lot of which don't like being overclocked. I would disable it for things like the DSP or other miscellaneous frequencies if you want it to go higher and be more effective. The source should be pretty straightforward on how to disable it for those elements. At least that's how it was the last time I looked. Maybe its different now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I'll respond in a PM on your post to not clutter the topic. Aside from that, again thanks for the help, couldn't have done this without it :highfive:

Reactions: scottx .

CXENTE

Oct 1, 2011
HOUSTON
Touch screen , became unresponsive, after sitting there, over 3 hours ,,anyone have had this happen?, (OC setting was at default )

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

rumirand

Oct 8, 2011
Madrid
Just tested latest version. Works pretty well.

Today I played with LiveOC:

CoreOC: setting 101 or any number -> instant crash.
GPU: works well.

As Metallice said, it just overclocks everything, so this behavior is expected.

I just want to ask you if you can add 2 features?
1. Pegasusq governor. I'm using it on my I9100 (Siyah kernel for S2) and it's really good in performance/battery.
2. Can you take a look at the sound enhancement (voodoo sound based) found in Siyah kernel for S3. The tab uses the same audio DAC WM1811, so it wouldn't be difficult.

Regards,
RJ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people,

This is a CM10 overclocked kernel, based on Metallice's CM9 version. Thanks for jumpstarting me, mate! :laugh:

It's features:

Overclockable to 1.38GHz, 1.52GHz for MaxOC
    Underclockable to 150MHz, both
    GPU overclocked to 384MHz, 512MHz for MaxOC
    L3 overclocked to 224MHz for MaxOC
    Wheatley governor (by Ezekeel)
    Pegasusq governor
    NTFS Read-only support
    SIO scheduler (by Ezekeel)
    SLQB memory allocator (by Ezekeel)
    Optimized CRC32 & ARM RWSEM algorithms
    LowMemoryKiller backported from 3.4 kernel
    and several other fixes and optimizations

***Read Me***
    DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, USE SETCPU PROFILES OF ANY KIND OR ANYTHING SIMILAR WITH THIS DEVICE. Things like screen off max frequency, temperature throttling, and others are already built in to the OMAP architecture. Using ANY profiles will ONLY lead to problems, instabilities, and battery drain.

***Changelog***
    26-08:
    Included cifs module in zip. Re-enabled touchboost for smoother response. NTFS support (read-only)

NEW! MaxOC version. CPU @ 1.52, GPU @ 512, L3 @ 224 & significant overvolt @ max speed.
    Download links:
    Regular version: http://goo.im/devs/Johnsel/kernels/CMOC10-Kernel_P31xx-20120826.zip

Use at own risk!! These values are HIGH!
    MaxOC version: http://goo.im/devs/Johnsel/kernels/CMOC10-Kernel_P31xx-20120826-MaxOC.zip

Source:
    https://github.com/Johnsel/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10/tree/jellybean
    Now it should work. Please don't hit me for f'ing up that many times in a row :]
    Kernel updated. I've finally smashed the screen-off bug :)

Sent from my GT-P5100 using XDA Premium HD app
    Updated. Pegasusq added and the cpu speed reverting should be fixed now.

I've removed liveoc for now, since it caused some weird things to happen.
    New build uploaded. Hope it works now. :)