Search This thread

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
Boeffla CM12.0 Kernels by AndiP
Ported and compiled by Hbohd
For i9305

Introduction

Note: Kernels in this thread are only for CM10.2/OMNI/CM11.0/CM12.0 based roms!!! Do not install it on any other roms!!!
You will just get a boot loop!!!

When I saw Boeffla kernel my first thought was "why it hasn't got aosp variant?". And now, dreams come true! Updates will be made as soon as Andi will push them to github.

Here is original thread of i9300 boeffla cm, omni kernel - CLICK

Info

Kernel is compiled using Linaro 4.9.2 (FROM HERE) with some required changes for our i9305.

To fully use Boeffla Kernel, download please Boeffla-Config app V2 from here: (LINK)

Please for any questions problems or anything else ask here and not on I9300 thread.

Credits
  • P$T (for helping hand with compiling and endless patience and time)
  • Ausdim (basing on his work and he always gives helping hand)
  • Yank (his endless patience and knowledge to help with any issue)
  • AndiP (for kernel base and another kind help)

Disclaimer

*** As always - Flash on our own risk! ***

Make sure you flash the correct version depending on your firmware version!

I can and will not take any responsibility for bricked phones or lost data.

It is generally recommended to run a complete Nandroid backup in CWM recovery and safely store your personal data before you flash a new kernel.

Source:

Here it is, github link! - CLICK

Download:
The newest kernel: CLICK

Old kernel: 2.4-beta7 CM11 | OMNI

Last edited:

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
My personal settings (more battery than performance), also available partially in Boeffla Config app :)

• 1200 max cpu freq
  • 266/350 gpu freqs
  • undervolting medium cpu and gpu
  • zzmoove extreme battery yank
  • internal i/o sched: zen (readahead buffer: 512)
  • external i/o sched: zen (readahead buffer: 1024)
  • touchboost 500mhz

• equalizer preset: HboHD
  • privacy mode: ON
  • stereo expansion: 8

Apart from that, everything standard. Pretty smooth in most situations, nice battery ;)

Last edited:

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
Okay guys, so there hits the newest beta2 for cm10.2 kernels. With it, new questions and discussion appears, therefore we have new thread for it. Please don't mess questions between Samsung and CM thread :)

Full changelog available in Andi's thread (you can find link in OP).

I have tested it on CM official nightly and now running carbon nightly (both from 24-09). Running well enough :D If you notice any problems, bugs, etc. please report. It is beta, first release for i9305 so consider it as beta.

Also, I assume that some people are still using cm10.1 as their ROMs... That is a big problem for me :p I don't really want to compile both versions (cm10.1 and cm10.2) every kernel update, so I hope that you will understand me. However, if there would be REALLY great demand, I will reconsider my decision. Moreover, I personally think that cm10.2 is now in quite nice state without any additional bugs like on start, this you might try it on your own.

Have a happy flashing!

PS. To fully use Boeffla Kernel, download please Boeffla-Config app from Google Play (LINK) or from androidpit.

Last edited:

anybuddy

Aug 1, 2012
No 10.1 Kernel? Damn it :D. Since you used the current Carbon Rom, perhaps you can tell me whether the automatic display brightness can adjust like in Carbon 4.2.2?

--------------------------------------------------
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305
ROM: | CarbonRom | Kernel: | AGNi Kernel |
If I've helped you, please press the Thanks Button!

Reactions: Cowboy88

Cowboy88

Nov 30, 2012
Hong Kong
My personal settings (more battery than performance), also available partially in Boeffla Config app :)

• 1200 max cpu freq
  • 166/250 gpu freqs
  • undervolting medium cpu and gpu
  • zzmoove extreme battery yank
  • internal i/o sched: row (readahead buffer: 512)
  • external i/o sched: sio (readahead buffer: 1024)
  • touchboost 500mhz

• equalizer preset: HboHD
  • privacy mode: ON
  • stereo expansion: 8

Apart from that, everything standard. Pretty smooth in most situations, nice battery ;)

Please let me know where to update those setting.
Many thanks.

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
No 10.1 Kernel? Damn it :D. Since you used the current Carbon Rom, perhaps you can tell me whether the automatic display brightness can adjust like in Carbon 4.2.2?

Nowadays I consider 4.2.2 as obsolete because 4.3 has all features of 4.2.2, it's stability and something more :)

There are such setting you meant, like in 4.2.2.

Reactions: anybuddy

anybuddy

Aug 1, 2012
Nowadays I consider 4.2.2 as obsolete because 4.3 has all features of 4.2.2, it's stability and something more :)

There are such setting you meant, like in 4.2.2.

I've tried Carbon 4.3 some weeks ago and I missed some Features from 4.2.2 so i switched back. But when you say its now integrated, i'll give it another try :) Sorry for OT.

And BTW, thank you really much for porting this great Kernel!

Cowboy88

Nov 30, 2012
Hong Kong
To tweak and configure the kernel, load the app "Boeffla-Config" from Google play store (or androidpit.com)

After installed the Boeffla-Config and connected the phone to PC, only the external card can be read. The internal phone card cannot be recognized.

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
After installed the Boeffla-Config and connected the phone to PC, only the external card can be read. The internal phone card cannot be recognized.

I will check that as soon as I get home :)

Anyone with same problem?

**EDIT**
So I have news about your problem. Firstly my PC didn't show anything when I connected my phone so I thought that I have this problem too. But then I rebooted to recovery (wanted to flash the newest Carbon because recent nightlies have bug with 'active display' feature), wiped dalvik cache and then it worked and my sdcard is accessible through PC.

Therefore, it is not kernel related problem, or at least not unsolvable one ;)

I hope that you will manage to succeed in it too.

**EDIT 2**
Are you using UMS mode available in Boeffla Config app?

Last edited:

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
What is UMS mode?

Also could anyone provide some more information about Mattiadj system tweaks? I have searched for a while now, and found some stuff, mods he did, but nothing about which tweaks/settings see included with the Boeffla kernel/app.

I see also that there are no more init.d scripts, and configuration is partly saved in SQL Lite database, but couldn't find anything about what I asked.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
What is UMS mode?

Also could anyone provide some more information about Mattiadj system tweaks? I have searched for a while now, and found some stuff, mods he did, but nothing about which tweaks/settings see included with the Boeffla kernel/app.

I see also that there are no more init.d scripts, and configuration is partly saved in SQL Lite database, but couldn't find anything about what I asked.

Look at main tab in Boeffla Config. There is UMS mode tickbox at the top.
When it is ticked, your external sdcard will work just as a pendrive when you connect your phone to the PC :) But then, internal sdcard isn't accessible.

And yes, you are right. Obsolete init.d scripts were removed, now whole configuration is inside one file ;)

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Look at main tab in Boeffla Config. There is UMS mode tickbox at the top.
When it is ticked, your external sdcard will work just as a pendrive when you connect your phone to the PC :) But then, internal sdcard isn't accessible.

And yes, you are right. Obsolete init.d scripts were removed, now whole configuration is inside one file ;)

I found that file, but wasn't able to do much with it, since it is a binary.

So you know no details about Mattiadj tweaks?

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
I found that file, but wasn't able to do much with it, since it is a binary.

So you know no details about Mattiadj tweaks?

So you were looking for configuration file to find out what these mattiadj tweaks consist of? Take a loot at my guthub then, there is ramdisk_boeffla/res/bccontroller.sh and there you might find whole configuration...

There are matiadj tweaks cut out from bccontroller:
if [ "Mattiadj tweaks" == "$2" ]; then
echo "10" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
echo "10" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
echo "100" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
echo "8192" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/page-cluster
echo "70" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
fi

Reactions: !crazy

firenxe

Oct 2, 2010
As far as i'm concerned it hasn't had a random reboot since i started using it 2 days ago.
So i guess it's a fairly "stable" beta ;)

Reactions: Hbohd

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
Is this a fairly "stable"-beta or a "randomrebootsallthetime"-beta? haha

As firenxe said, it is completely stable, however I called it beta and asked for your bug reports because it was first release of Boeffla Kernel for CM :)

Moreover, I've tested it for whole evening by my normal usage, without noticing any bugs. But, I am not able to test whole device on my own, therefore reports and comments are always welcome :D

Oh my god, I cant believe how much smoother this kernel makes my phone. Great work!

Such words are always nice to read! Do not forget about the great amount of features this kernel provides :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Boeffla CM12.0 Kernels by AndiP
    Ported and compiled by Hbohd
    For i9305

Introduction

Note: Kernels in this thread are only for CM10.2/OMNI/CM11.0/CM12.0 based roms!!! Do not install it on any other roms!!!
    You will just get a boot loop!!!

When I saw Boeffla kernel my first thought was "why it hasn't got aosp variant?". And now, dreams come true! Updates will be made as soon as Andi will push them to github.

Here is original thread of i9300 boeffla cm, omni kernel - CLICK

Info

Kernel is compiled using Linaro 4.9.2 (FROM HERE) with some required changes for our i9305.

To fully use Boeffla Kernel, download please Boeffla-Config app V2 from here: (LINK)

Please for any questions problems or anything else ask here and not on I9300 thread.

Credits
    • P$T (for helping hand with compiling and endless patience and time)
    • Ausdim (basing on his work and he always gives helping hand)
    • Yank (his endless patience and knowledge to help with any issue)
    • AndiP (for kernel base and another kind help)

Disclaimer

*** As always - Flash on our own risk! ***

Make sure you flash the correct version depending on your firmware version!

I can and will not take any responsibility for bricked phones or lost data.

It is generally recommended to run a complete Nandroid backup in CWM recovery and safely store your personal data before you flash a new kernel.

Source:

Here it is, github link! - CLICK

Download:
    The newest kernel: CLICK

Old kernel: 2.4-beta7 CM11 | OMNI
    Any update news ? :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Working on fixes with stable versions ;)

Edit:

Ok, I compiled fixed kernels with ramdisks updated. Compiled on linaro 4.8.3 preconfigured by @Christopher83.

Enjoy!

Edit2:

Recompiled kernels with updated ramdisks is UP!
    2.4-beta 4 in all flavours !

Hello guys, I've decided to compile all possible versions for AOSP. Therefore, we have CM, Omni and Omni-slim kernels :victory:

Changes may be checked on boeffla site HERE.

I have also updated "our" (mine and P$T's) new github to the newest version -> CLICK

CM version is not tested by me, but should be fine.

ENJOY ! :fingers-crossed:
    2.2 Stable OMNI/CM

2.2 stable swiftly came to our device ! Thanks to Boeffla for fast source update!

This time, tested by me, both on CM and Omni :)
    2.1 Stable

Any idea witch one should i use for AOKP?

Enviado do meu GT-I9305 através de Tapatalk

Omni kernel should works fine :)

EDIT

2.1 Stable kernel versions compiled for you guys.I also updated ramdisks from today for better compatibility.

Enjoy! :good:

Edit 2 :

Newest fixed stable version kernels builded on linaro 4.8.3 is HERE