• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][CM7][GSM+CDMA] CJ360's Kernel for cm7

Search This thread

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Thought I would finally give something back after using everyone else work, even if cm7 seems to be old news. :p

This made with a ton of help to a bunch of people here, paxChristos, wedgess, and all the tutorials on here. As well as people I probably forgot to write here.

~To enter recovery~
Press volume down when the led turns blue/pink. I will be changing this in the next version.

Maybe a linaro version, when I tried to build with linaro there were a number of issues. So if I can figure it out I'll make it with linaro.

~What Works ~

Wifi - (Included don't worry about em ;))
Data (should me fine for GSM as well let me know if it's not)
Camera
Video Playback
Front Camera
Bluetooth
Everything Else that works on FXP & Mjolnir

~What doesn't work ~
ALS (Disabled)
anything else? Let me know

~Governors ~

~Intellidemand ~
Thanks to wedgess & faux123

This is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling,
and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such.
Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.

Note- I'm not noticing issues or lag as this is built with/for fxp & cm7 so it seems to be fine again let me if it's not.

~ SmartassV2 ~

Made with battery in mind. I left it in just cause I wanted too. :p

~ Virtuous ~

Virtuous is a modded smartassV2 which gives even more battery time then smartassV2.

~ Stock CM governors ~
~ interactive
~ conservative
~ userspace
~ powersave
~ ondemand
~ performance

~ IO Schedulers ~
stock from cm atm

cfq ~ fastest one preffered
noop ~ preffered over deadline
deadline
anticipatory

~ I'm still testing and seeing which ones do better and what I prefer. Will most likely change in next versions.

Uploaded Download @ Mediafire

Almost forgot to add sources: https://github.com/cj360/semc-kernel-msm7x30

And of course leave comments and suggestions too!

Last edited:

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
I'll probably be asking for a lock on this then since my xperia is out of commison, and hence I rm'd the kernel source. And I don't have another copy of the compiled kernel. (Besides, it was just cm7 kernel with a few added governors.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought I would finally give something back after using everyone else work, even if cm7 seems to be old news. :p

This made with a ton of help to a bunch of people here, paxChristos, wedgess, and all the tutorials on here. As well as people I probably forgot to write here.

~To enter recovery~
    Press volume down when the led turns blue/pink. I will be changing this in the next version.

Maybe a linaro version, when I tried to build with linaro there were a number of issues. So if I can figure it out I'll make it with linaro.

~What Works ~

Wifi - (Included don't worry about em ;))
    Data (should me fine for GSM as well let me know if it's not)
    Camera
    Video Playback
    Front Camera
    Bluetooth
    Everything Else that works on FXP & Mjolnir

~What doesn't work ~
    ALS (Disabled)
    anything else? Let me know

~Governors ~

~Intellidemand ~
    Thanks to wedgess & faux123

This is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling,
    and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such.
    Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.

Note- I'm not noticing issues or lag as this is built with/for fxp & cm7 so it seems to be fine again let me if it's not.

~ SmartassV2 ~

Made with battery in mind. I left it in just cause I wanted too. :p

~ Virtuous ~

Virtuous is a modded smartassV2 which gives even more battery time then smartassV2.

~ Stock CM governors ~
    ~ interactive
    ~ conservative
    ~ userspace
    ~ powersave
    ~ ondemand
    ~ performance

~ IO Schedulers ~
    stock from cm atm

cfq ~ fastest one preffered
    noop ~ preffered over deadline
    deadline
    anticipatory

~ I'm still testing and seeing which ones do better and what I prefer. Will most likely change in next versions.

Uploaded Download @ Mediafire

Almost forgot to add sources: https://github.com/cj360/semc-kernel-msm7x30

And of course leave comments and suggestions too!