• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][CM7/MIUI][03/01/12] Glitch V13.1 - OC/UV - Voodoo - Glitchy Speed |TELUS

Search This thread

Tk-Glitch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2011
glitcholdlogo11.png

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CM7 and MIUI roms !

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
herehttp://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=glitchkernel ! No registration needed :)
Make sure the channel is "#glitchkernel" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
here is the server : irc.freenode.net
port : 6667
Channel : #glitchkernel

Overview :
- Up to 1.7GHz CPU OC with added bus/GPU OC (Thanks to morfic for the great base of work)
- Undervolting (using third party apps)
- Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color (Thanks Supercurio & renaudallard)
- FPS uncap (Screen running 68Hz instead of 60Hz, from 56 to 66 FPS max) from JPX source
- Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
- LED notifications using Neldar's BLN
The frequency/voltage & informative UV settings table is as follow for latest V13 kernel :

Note that these UV settings will be unstable on many devices. It's only informative.

1700 MHz - [email protected] 243 MHz - 1.500v / -> Most phones will fail here. -25 to -50mV may help to stabilize. Much stabler as unique frequency for benchmarks.
1600 MHz - [email protected] 229 MHz - 1.500V / -> That's high and many devices will fail on this frequency. Find working UV for you if any.
1500 MHz - [email protected] 250 MHz - 1.500V / -25mV
1440 MHz - [email protected] 240 MHz - 1.475V / -50mV
1400 MHz - [email protected] 233 MHz - 1.450V / -50mV
1300 MHz - [email protected] 217 MHz - 1.400V / -50mV
1200 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 1.350V / -50mV
1000 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 1.250V / -50mV - If you have stability issues, try to let this one by default.
800 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 1.200V / -75mV
400 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 1.050V / -100mV
200 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 0.950V / -150mV
100 MHz - [email protected] 100 MHz - 0.950V / -200mV - (can be very different between two devices)

GPU frequency is linked to bus speed

More volts is not always equal to more stability. Try to add more UV (less volts) if the frequency you're trying to achieve is unstable.
Considering all phones will respond differently to OC/UV, to tweak the values to suit your device will be required.

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied. You'll need to use one of the tools below to adjust the frequencies and voltages.

-Pimp My CPU (recommended if you're using MIUI) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1018411

-Voltage Control : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829731

-SetCPU : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Downloads

Glitch kernel (CWM flashable only)
Glitch Kernel Updater app now available on the Android market to support us !

-------------------------
Source :
- Glitch repo : https://github.com/organizations/Glitchkernel

Who is the Glitch team ?
- Kernel developement : ssewk2x & Tk-Glitch.
- Public relations / web hosting : Sixstringsg.
- App developement : Smasher816.
- Beta testers team, with members coming and leaving :D

Credits :
Codeworkx, Pawitp, Atinm, GuiPerPT, Unhelpful, Coolya, Morfic, Ezekeel, Zacharias.maladroit, Bilboa1, TheEscapist, Netarchy, Supercurio, lippol94, MAMBO04, Galnet, nitr8, Rahulrulez, Chadouming, renaudallard, existz, times_infinity, bearsfan85

Thanks to the donators and everyone bying the Glitch Kernel Updater app from the market, it's much appreciated and encourages us to continue our work !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​

Last edited:

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
might be a stupid question, but does the telus fascinate have different hardware that requires these special kernels or something?

The Telus Fascinate isn't really a fascinate. More like a Vibrant. Firstly it's GSM. Secondly, it has a different button layout. They can use the i9000 kernels, but won't have a home button, so we make these for them.

Reactions: alexrod73

saps

Sep 17, 2010
Some how I totally missed the TELUS ONLY in bold on my phone app when I DL'd this, good thing I didn't install this on my VZW

Tk-Glitch

Mar 24, 2011
There isn't one for v13 that I see

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
The Telus Fascinate got a V13 RC because of the lack of support lately, while I was away. I made some special changes to support the device, and since I was the only one to know what would need an update, it did require that I get back to fix the Telus build :p

It's an older version than what's available through the app though.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
The Telus Fascinate got a V13 RC because of the lack of support lately, while I was away. I made some special changes to support the device, and since I was the only one to know what would need an update, it did require that I get back to fix the Telus build :p

is that the same for the RC kernels on the site? like for the beta testers. I downloaded it when I first got the email, it has some voodoo color issues.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500

Tk-Glitch

Mar 24, 2011
is that the same for the RC kernels on the site? like for the beta testers. I downloaded it when I first got the email, it has some voodoo color issues.

It's not the same, but the voodoo color part is unchanged between them. I know that an incorrect gamma setting will get the green screen back already, but maybe you did find other issues ? If the answer is yes, I'm interested :p

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
It's not the same, but the voodoo color part is unchanged between them. I know that an incorrect gamma setting will get the green screen back already, but maybe you did find other issues ? If the answer is yes, I'm interested :p

that must be it... I keep my gamma down low and rgb values high. if I go too low my screen turns red or yellow.

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think this will answer all the app questioons:
  1. There is an update coming to fix HL. That part is out of my hands, the market is just being slow. It should be here very soon.
  2. This is NOT the only way to get updates from now on. Just a way to get updates early.
  3. The reason I/we made the app: I know personally I have server costs from the thousand or two kernels downloaded monthly, as well as the rest of XDA that uses my server. I also know that for all of us time is money, and also that new phones cost money. I do not speak for the team here, but I love what I'm doing. I would do it for free any day, but it would be nice to be monetarily compensated at least a little bit for the hours and dollars that I personally spend to get it running. This is not a requirement by any means, just a way to show your appreciation and help us keep doing what we're doing.
  4. What you're entitled to with the app: my gratification for the donation. That is all. In the apps description I reserve the right to pull downloads at any time if that right is abused ie posting the zips. I don't anticipate this happening, but it might. This app is here as an easier way to donate, pure and simple. I wasn't even going to make it do anything, but Smasher816 strictlyrude27 and I decided it would be worth our 12+ hours to help you guys with an auto flasher, and also worth the testers to release RC's.
  5. Oh, did I mention this isn't the only way to get updates?
  6. Questions do not belong in this thread on the apps. They belong here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1315255 in the apps thread.
  7. To people that can't buy it yet: that is on Google, there is nothing I can do about it. The app is allowed for all samsung devices in the Manifest, it is just a way that the market sees our CM7 devices I believe. I have contacted them, and am awaiting a response.
  8. I am not making an ad-supported version, or a paypal version. Ad-supported doesn't generate hardly any revenue, and it's a pain in the ass. Especially since 99% of you run ad blockers. Paypal: it would be way too easy to leak a .apk that way. If you would like to donate via paypal, there is a button under my name and Tk-Glitch's.

Last edited:

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
  1. There is an update coming to fix HL. That part is out of my hands, the market is just being slow. It should be here very soon.
  2. This is NOT the only way to get updates from now on. Just a way to get updates early.
  3. The reason I/we made the app: I know personally I have server costs from the thousand or two kernels downloaded monthly, as well as the rest of XDA that uses my server. I also know that for all of us time is money, and also that new phones cost money. I do not speak for the team here, but I love what I'm doing. I would do it for free any day, but it would be nice to be monetarily compensated at least a little bit for the hours and dollars that I personally spend to get it running. This is not a requirement by any means, just a way to show your appreciation and help us keep doing what we're doing.
  4. What you're entitled to with the app: my gratification for the donation. That is all. In the apps description I reserve the right to pull downloads at any time if that right is abused ie posting the zips. I don't anticipate this happening, but it might. This app is here as an easier way to donate, pure and simple. I wasn't even going to make it do anything, but Smasher816 strictlyrude27 and I decided it would be worth our 12+ hours to help you guys with an auto flasher, and also worth the testers to release RC's.
  6. Questions do not belong in this thread on the apps. They belong here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1315255 in the apps thread.
  7. To people that can't buy it yet: that is on Google, there is nothing I can do about it. The app is allowed for all samsung devices in the Manifest, it is just a way that the market sees our CM7 devices I believe. I have contacted them, and am awaiting a response.
  8. I am not making an ad-supported version, or a paypal version. Ad-supported doesn't generate hardly any revenue, and it's a pain in the ass. Especially since 99% of you run ad blockers. Paypal: it would be way too easy to leak a .apk that way. If you would like to donate via paypal, there is a button under my name and Tk-Glitch's.

Thanks six! I gladly donated the 5 bucks, it's a small token of appreciation for your guys hard work. The app was a neat idea, I cant thank you guys enough!

Tk-Glitch

Mar 24, 2011
I have rethemed/recolored the recovery to respect the Glitch color chart using art from Fate-Silver for the background. The work Smasher816 did on the Glitch menu is great, but visually I found it personnaly horrible :D I'm sure some of you will find the new one ugly as well, but it's my kernel after all (I'm opened to critics still) ^^

What do you guys think about it ?

device20111023235113.png

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
I have rethemed/recolored the recovery to respect the Glitch color chart using art from Fate-Silver for the background. The work Smasher816 did on the Glitch menu is great, but visually I found it personnaly horrible :D I'm sure some of you will find the new one ugly as well, but it's my kernel after all (I'm opened to critics still) ^^

What do you guys think about it ?

love it! I felt the same way about the recovery, it was nice and had good features but damn was it ugly :p purple and lime green do not go very well together. that red and black fits awesomely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    glitcholdlogo11.png

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
    Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CM7 and MIUI roms !

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
    herehttp://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=glitchkernel ! No registration needed :)
    Make sure the channel is "#glitchkernel" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
    here is the server : irc.freenode.net
    port : 6667
    Channel : #glitchkernel

Overview :
    - Up to 1.7GHz CPU OC with added bus/GPU OC (Thanks to morfic for the great base of work)
    - Undervolting (using third party apps)
    - Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color (Thanks Supercurio & renaudallard)
    - FPS uncap (Screen running 68Hz instead of 60Hz, from 56 to 66 FPS max) from JPX source
    - Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
    - LED notifications using Neldar's BLN
    The frequency/voltage & informative UV settings table is as follow for latest V13 kernel :

Note that these UV settings will be unstable on many devices. It's only informative.

1700 MHz - [email protected] 243 MHz - 1.500v / -> Most phones will fail here. -25 to -50mV may help to stabilize. Much stabler as unique frequency for benchmarks.
    1600 MHz - [email protected] 229 MHz - 1.500V / -> That's high and many devices will fail on this frequency. Find working UV for you if any.
    1500 MHz - [email protected] 250 MHz - 1.500V / -25mV
    1440 MHz - [email protected] 240 MHz - 1.475V / -50mV
    1400 MHz - [email protected] 233 MHz - 1.450V / -50mV
    1300 MHz - [email protected] 217 MHz - 1.400V / -50mV
    1200 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 1.350V / -50mV
    1000 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 1.250V / -50mV - If you have stability issues, try to let this one by default.
    800 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 1.200V / -75mV
    400 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 1.050V / -100mV
    200 MHz - [email protected] 200 MHz - 0.950V / -150mV
    100 MHz - [email protected] 100 MHz - 0.950V / -200mV - (can be very different between two devices)

GPU frequency is linked to bus speed

More volts is not always equal to more stability. Try to add more UV (less volts) if the frequency you're trying to achieve is unstable.
    Considering all phones will respond differently to OC/UV, to tweak the values to suit your device will be required.

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied. You'll need to use one of the tools below to adjust the frequencies and voltages.

-Pimp My CPU (recommended if you're using MIUI) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1018411

-Voltage Control : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829731

-SetCPU : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Downloads

Glitch kernel (CWM flashable only)
    Glitch Kernel Updater app now available on the Android market to support us !

-------------------------
    Source :
    - Glitch repo : https://github.com/organizations/Glitchkernel

Who is the Glitch team ?
    - Kernel developement : ssewk2x & Tk-Glitch.
    - Public relations / web hosting : Sixstringsg.
    - App developement : Smasher816.
    - Beta testers team, with members coming and leaving :D

Credits :
    Codeworkx, Pawitp, Atinm, GuiPerPT, Unhelpful, Coolya, Morfic, Ezekeel, Zacharias.maladroit, Bilboa1, TheEscapist, Netarchy, Supercurio, lippol94, MAMBO04, Galnet, nitr8, Rahulrulez, Chadouming, renaudallard, existz, times_infinity, bearsfan85

Thanks to the donators and everyone bying the Glitch Kernel Updater app from the market, it's much appreciated and encourages us to continue our work !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​
    V14 Preview is online !

Merry Christmas everyone :)
    I wasw going to update my post ( Saw my old phone today and i thought about you ^^ ) But i see that you made a new post with a lot of goodies. Thx Tk, you made my day a lot of time, testing all these betas and being kind to help us, minority of fascinate telus user. You made me love my phone more and more every day and now i enjoy my new phone much more because i know how to play with it. Thx Six also to have helped me trying to build a kernel and passing much time answering my question on IRC . This opened my eyes to the android world.
    Woah.. I don't know how to answer to that Chad ! Well.. Thank you for being on our side in the Glitch party :D

Sent from my glitched GT-I9000
    There isn't one for v13 that I see

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App