• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] Coconut-Kernel (Lineage 15.1-Oreo - Nethunter Support)

Search This thread

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
Thanks a lot for your reply, installed nethunter apk and placed in root of internal storage after renaming but not detected by chroot(have successfully done it before in Nougat), i personally dislike Linux deploy method so waiting for resolving, i think its a Pie issue. By the way thanks again.

i successfully installed kali but nethunter terminal crashes when ever i open it.

It happens often. Just uninstall and reinstall the terminal using downloaded apk. Search nhterm.apk on google. There you will get the apk in first GitHub link

Victroid

Mar 23, 2013
Good morning,
Thanks for your work, it was very useful for me to flash it in an Omnidragon ROM (8.1 AOSPA).
You have considered updating the kernel to LineageOS 16.

Right now do you think it would work in a Skydragon ROM (9.0 AOSPA)?

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
Good morning,
Thanks for your work, it was very useful for me to flash it in an Omnidragon ROM (8.1 AOSPA).
You have considered updating the kernel to LineageOS 16.

Right now do you think it would work in a Skydragon ROM (9.0 AOSPA)?

I don't flash roms now and then. I mostly stick to stock. So i really don't know much about various roms.
You can take a backup of your current kernel and try out my kernel and see if it works or not.
I've currently compiled a kernel from holydragon sources. It's pie version. Will post it later.
There are two version of the kernel now - one is for stock and stock based roms and the other is built from lineage 15.1 source which should work on LOS15.1 and roms based on it. The stock is for oreo 8.0.0.
In some roms, there may be features that require support of kernel to work. For such features to work properly, the kernel should be built from the rom's kernel source with modifications that we need. That's why we cannot say in general whether or not a kernel works on a particular Rom even though it's based on the same source.
You can try for yourself if it works or not. Just restore your current kernel if it doesn't.
Regarding the pie version of the kernel, I'll try to compile one even though there are not much users interested in nethunter anymore.

Victroid

Mar 23, 2013
I fully understand your explanations about kernel vs ROM compatibility. The kernel that you have now compiled works well in my OmniDragon ROM. I am looking forward to that new compilation from HolyDrargon kernel, thank you.

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
I fully understand your explanations about kernel vs ROM compatibility. The kernel that you have now compiled works well in my OmniDragon ROM. I am looking forward to that new compilation from HolyDrargon kernel, thank you.
See the thread below. It's tested on havoc os 2.2 and 2.3. if the sky dragon os is similar, this should work
If you are using skydragon is check the kernel version.
This is compiled from holydragon 0.6.1 source for pie.
There is another version with different version numbering for stock based rom. Check your default kernel version
https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nel-coconut-kernel-nethunter-support-t3908438

Reactions: Victroid

Lil pony

Sep 13, 2019
Yeah I am having a problem plz help..
So basicly I got lineage 15.1 with resurrection remix and twrp 3.0.2 and when I try to flash the kernel it tells me:
Dumping/splitting image failed.
Any1 got a solution please

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
Yeah I am having a problem plz help..
So basicly I got lineage 15.1 with resurrection remix and twrp 3.0.2 and when I try to flash the kernel it tells me:
Dumping/splitting image failed.
Any1 got a solution please

Use updated twrp.
P.S. my pc went bad and i couldn't post the pie kernel. Ill post it if i compile again

Plastic-1

Apr 20, 2009
Hey OnePlus 3 users!

For those who don't know where to download the latest version of LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus 3, you can find it archived here: archive.org/details/lineage-15.1-20190226-nightly-oneplus3-signed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Coconut Kernel for LineageOS 15.1 - With Nethunter Support:D

Code:
    ***I'm not responsible for any problems that might occur flashing this kernel or what you do with the kernel support***

This kernel is only for Lineage-OS 15.1 or ROMs based on it
    Since I did not find a kernel for LOS Oreo with USB Wifi drivers, compiled one.
    This kernel has been built from the LOS 15.1 source on git with changes adapted for standalone compiling. So i don't know if any ROM feature is broken though i believe stock features should work.
    Yes, it supports monitor mode and packet injection.
    Drivedroid is also supported by default in the kernel.

How to use USB Wifi Adapters?
    Download from attachment and flash the kernel in twrp
    Reboot (First boot will be a bit slow)
    Plugin the adapter
    MAKE SURE THAT USB OTG IS ENABLED IN SETTINGS FOR ANY OTHER LINEAGEOS BASED ROM
    Test by issuing the command ifconfig wlan1 up

It's also important to be on latest 5.0.8 firmware (not rom) for this to work.

Troubleshooting
    If the above steps don't work for you,
    1. Clean install latest oxygen os 5.0.8 from stock recovery by side loading ( this will install latest firmware which is required)
    2. Do system, dalvik, cache, data wipe(firmware will be still there)
    3. Flash any lineage15.1 based rom or LOS itself and gapps
    4. Flash and enable root
    5. Flash coconut kernel
    6. Install and open terminal and type ifconfig wlan1 up as root to test after plugging in usb card
    This is the failsafe method

You can use the usb adapters in any chroot environment(eg LinuxDeploy) - not just nethunter.

To mods - i created a separated thread for people to not flash incorrect zip. if its against the rules, i can merge it.
    Source
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996
    Hey can you add the driver for the Atheros AR9271 Chipset?
    It's added and tested working. Does it not work for you?
    HAVOC 2.2 is AOSP base, should i try on that? If No please add support for it, its a Highly customizable Rom an Top Liked, I want to test your kernel

The kernel should work on that ROM but for all the specific features of that rom, i should build the kernel from the customized version of their source. If their source is updated with all rom features, and it's available in git, maybe i can try.
    You can ask the rom devs regarding updated kernel source for their rom and if you find one let me know. I'll look into it.
    i installed magisk module Nethunter but can't see Nethunter Icon on Havoc 2.2. any idia what the problem would be?
    I've compiled a kernel with USB WiFi drivers supporting monitor mode and packet injection for havoc 2.2 pie. You can try that too. I'll try to post it in a cpl of days. Im just testing the kernel for any stability issues. As if now its working fine and USB adapters are also working good.

I personally have used nethunter only by installing the nethuter apk or by flashing the zip file for the ROM version. If magisk module is giving problems, you can do any of the following
    1. Download nethunter apk by searching online
    2. Download armhf or arm64 full ROM zip from nethunter nightly website(both works on OP3)
    3. Extract Kali image from the zip and place in root of internal storage.
    4. Open nethunter app and install from sdcard
    5. Install additional tools if required

OR

Simply omit nethunter and use another chroot app like Linux Deploy.
    You can install and use all tools in Linux deploy the same way as net hunter like airgeddon, metasploit, Beef, airmon-ng, wifite, reaver etc
    I think a new version of net hunter is on its way too..
    See the thread below. It's tested on havoc os 2.2 and 2.3. if the sky dragon os is similar, this should work
    If you are using skydragon is check the kernel version.
    This is compiled from holydragon 0.6.1 source for pie.
    There is another version with different version numbering for stock based rom. Check your default kernel version
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nel-coconut-kernel-nethunter-support-t3908438