• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] Coconut-Kernel (Lineage 17.1 - Nethunter Support)(Oneplus 3/3T)

Search This thread

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
Coconut Kernel for LineageOS 17.1 - With Nethunter Support :D
Code:
***I wont be responsible for any problems that might occur flashing this kernel or what you do with the kernel support***

I know that the device is pretty old and there may be other kernels available too. But I'm just posting this as i recently compiled it for myself.

Installation

Just flash the kernel from recovery.

You can use this kernel for nethunter functions and other chroot applications like Linux Deploy.
HID patch and DriveDroid patch is also included.

Note:- The USB Wifi adapters firmware is also included with the zip and will be automatically installed. No need to use magisk module for installing firmwares.
I may later post a kernel with nethunter support for Havoc OS too if anyone's interested.

Source

https://github.com/xpz3/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996-2

Attachments

• Coconut_LOS17.1_Nethunter.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:

mbujes

May 3, 2019
Hi!

First thanks for your work.

I have a question, i have flashed and installed Lineage 17.1, then Nethunter without errors but Nethunter boot icon loader is not shown and the phone is in a boot loop with Lineage boot icon.

My question is if is necessary to install the Universal DM-Verity & ForceEncrypt Disabler, and in which step i have to install it.

Thanks!

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
Do a wipe. Then install lineage17.1. Flash magisk. Then flash the kernel. Keep in mind that this is only a kernel to support the nethunter functions. So flashing this won't give you nethunter app or chroot. You need to separately flash nethunter rom overlay for your device or manually install nethunter app from nethunter app store and install chroot from inside the app.

Edit.. I think I misunderstood your question. So you were asking for the nethunter rom flashing bootloop. In that case do a wipe and follow the 2nd method i suggested above. You can also try flashing the generic image available in the nethunter download page if your device specific rom overlay fails.

Reactions: dark'em

MatLOT

Mar 30, 2021
Hi there.
Saw your thread.
I have the one plus 3t
been trying to install nethunter on it for whats turned into months. tutorial and guide after guide.
Would you be able to help me?
my last attempt was installing lineage17.1.zip then i tried your kernel above and basically the phone went to the logo and stopped.
if anyone can give me bullet points with links id be very gratefull.

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
From twrp do a complete wipe
Then copy lineage17.1, gapps, magisk and the desired kernel to sdcard.

Now, Without restarting in between,

Flash lineage17.1
Flash gapps
Flash magisk
Flash kernel

Then restart

I did these steps on my oneplus 3 and oneplus 3t. First boot will take a bit to complete.

First try these basic stuff and see if your phone boots ok or not. If it boots, then go ahead and install nethunter.

Reactions: MatLOT

MatLOT

Mar 30, 2021
thanks very much for your response!
couple of questions if i may?

from twrp, doing a complete wipe, what exactly? is this format data or all the ticks after advanced wipe?

i know this may sound daft. but what kernel do you suggest?
reason im asking is that i think im getting kernel, rom etc mixed up. perhaps loading in the wrong order?

lastly, what build of nethunter did you use?

sorry if im pushin here but ive spent weeks trying to do this :p

Thanks again!

M

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
thanks very much for your response!
couple of questions if i may?

from twrp, doing a complete wipe, what exactly? is this format data or all the ticks after advanced wipe?

i know this may sound daft. but what kernel do you suggest?
reason im asking is that i think im getting kernel, rom etc mixed up. perhaps loading in the wrong order?

lastly, what build of nethunter did you use?

sorry if im pushin here but ive spent weeks trying to do this :p

Thanks again!

M
Choose advanced wipe and select all including internal storage. After wiping, copy lineage17.1 zip, gapps, magisk and my kernel to the internal storage.
Then as i said in the above post, flash lineage17.1 first, then gapps, then magisk, then kernel. Then restart and wait for some time as the first boot will take some time to complete.

To install nethunter, you have 2 options. I personally prefer the 2nd method.

1. Download nethunter rom zip for op3/3t from nethunter page and flash it (do this only if the above steps are successful)

2. Just download nethunter and NH terminal app from nethunter store and install them. Then download nethunter generic zip from nethunter download page and extract it. You’ll get a zip file with the chroot. Copy that file to the root of sdcard. Then open nethunter app and goto install page and select install from sdcard. If it says file not found, then rename the file to the exact name it searches for and it will install. It will take some minutes to install. After installing, you can start the chroot. That's it.

If you want to use nethunter features, you need a kernel with nethunter features included in the kernel. You can use my kernel posted above which has the external USB wireless adapter drivers, its firmwares and other features like hid, driver droid built in. Any other kernel with nethunter support and built for lineage17.1 can also be used.

I use the latest available nethunter app from nethunter store.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatLOT

MatLOT

Mar 30, 2021
could it be magisk? tried installing that on a previous attempt and i think it caused it to crash. its Magisk v22.0?

MatLOT

Mar 30, 2021
strange. wont boot to lineage

ill download it againim using twrp 3.3.0.0 and lineage now wont boot.

i had it workiing previously cant figure out whats wrong now :(

Last edited:

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
strange. wont boot to lineage

ill download it againim using twrp 3.3.0.0 and lineage now wont boot.

i had it workiing previously cant figure out whats wrong now :(
Flash the latest 9.0.6 firmware + modem or flash oos latest and boot. Then from twrp do complete wipe and install lineage17.1.. It should work..my twrp is 3.5.0_9-0

MatLOT

Mar 30, 2021
i did a format data, then wipe the folders under advanced then reinstalled lineage. it booted up.
then i transfered over gapps. waiting for it to reboot now.
its taking a while

fredrickz

May 27, 2012
booted up with lineage, then i installed gapps and it hung again on the boot logo.
You should not flash gapps after booting into lineage. First wipe data cache system and flash lineage. Then without rebooting, install gapps for android 10. try gapps pico. Then reboot. Jt should work.. If your storage is encrypted, try removing encryption by formatting from adb..

MatLOT

Mar 30, 2021
ive tried loads of times to get rid of engryption. used loads of methods plugins downloads etc.
no idea how to do it from adb (ill find out though). i tried installing gapps without rebooting first and it got as far as the logo. ill have try gapps pico. ill get this one day! :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Coconut Kernel for LineageOS 17.1 - With Nethunter Support :D
    Code:
    ***I wont be responsible for any problems that might occur flashing this kernel or what you do with the kernel support***

I know that the device is pretty old and there may be other kernels available too. But I'm just posting this as i recently compiled it for myself.

Installation

Just flash the kernel from recovery.

You can use this kernel for nethunter functions and other chroot applications like Linux Deploy.
    HID patch and DriveDroid patch is also included.

Note:- The USB Wifi adapters firmware is also included with the zip and will be automatically installed. No need to use magisk module for installing firmwares.
    I may later post a kernel with nethunter support for Havoc OS too if anyone's interested.

Source

https://github.com/xpz3/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996-2
    Thanks working perfect.Waiting kernel for 18.1...
    Do a wipe. Then install lineage17.1. Flash magisk. Then flash the kernel. Keep in mind that this is only a kernel to support the nethunter functions. So flashing this won't give you nethunter app or chroot. You need to separately flash nethunter rom overlay for your device or manually install nethunter app from nethunter app store and install chroot from inside the app.

Edit.. I think I misunderstood your question. So you were asking for the nethunter rom flashing bootloop. In that case do a wipe and follow the 2nd method i suggested above. You can also try flashing the generic image available in the nethunter download page if your device specific rom overlay fails.
    From twrp do a complete wipe
    Then copy lineage17.1, gapps, magisk and the desired kernel to sdcard.

Now, Without restarting in between,

Flash lineage17.1
    Flash gapps
    Flash magisk
    Flash kernel

Then restart

I did these steps on my oneplus 3 and oneplus 3t. First boot will take a bit to complete.

First try these basic stuff and see if your phone boots ok or not. If it boots, then go ahead and install nethunter.

fredrickz!! i got it working. Thanks very much for your advice and your time. Very Very much appreciated. Now i can start learning :p

Outstanding!!!