• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][CUSTOM] Eureka kernel for all variants of Galaxy A10 based on Android Pie-9 [EOL]

Search This thread

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
EK_A10_XDA.jpg

Hi all,
this is the thread for a custom kernel i made for Samsung Galaxy A10 based on android pie (9).
The custom kernel has been named Eureka which is a greek work which means "I have found the solution". This kernel is the solution for both gaming and performance on our cheap A10.

Compatibility:
This kernel has 2 versions. One version works only on ONE UI (can be stock or debloated ONE UI) and the other version works on GSIs and custom roms (GSIs built specifically for A10). So, please download the correct version.

FEATURES:
* Disabled Samsung security features
* Enabled all governors except Schedutils governor.
* Overclocked CPU as follows:
BIG Cores: from 1560 MHz to 2080 MHz.
LIL Cores: from 1352 MHz to 1690 MHz.​
* Underclocked CPU as follows:
BIG Cores: from 728 MHz to 312 MHz.
LIL Cores: from 449 MHz to 208 MHz.​
* Added GPU thermal and voltage control
* Added latest boeffla_wl_blocker V 1.1.0 and disabled some wakelocks
* Network speed improvement
* Enable zram support.
* Switch to a lower charging voltage more quickly.
* GPU max frequency overclocked from 676 MHz to 1300 MHz
* Implemented Dynamic FSync 2.0
* Has Spectrum support
* Pre-rooted with magisk 20.4
* Built with Linaro V4.9.4 toolchain. Reason: Better performance
* FOR GSI:
* Fixed ADB and MTP.
* Set SElinux as permissive​

Please read the changelog for full list of changes.

KNOWN ISSUES:
* None

SOME MINOR TWEAKS FOR BEST GPU PERFORMANCE:
* Set GPU power policy to "always on"
* Set GPU governor to "static"
* Set min and max GPU frequency to 1300 MHz
* Disable GPU thermal manager to prevent GPU frequency from dropping
* If you are on ONE UI and GPU keeps on changing when u force it at 1300 MHz, disable/remove devicehealthmanagerservice and gameoptimizingservice apps
* Games don't require high CPU frequency because they depend more on GPU. You can therefore decrease CPU max frequencies to reduce heating of the device.

Best kernel manager for Samsung A series devices is HkTweaks:
LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeFWtpBJJEpoU9eT6NH2lImem8yTf_na/view?usp=sharing

My contact info:
Developper:
* Telegram: @Chatur27

Channel for Eureka future updates:
* Telegram: https://t.me/eureka_kernel

Official discussion group for A10:
* Telegram: https://t.me/a10grp

I'm grateful to KineSight for designing the logo.
* Telegram: @Kinesight

Download link for my kernels for A10:
EurekaR4.0 for A105 using GSI or custom rom:
https://github.com/Chatur27/Eureka-kernel-for-SM-A105-Pie/releases/download/rev4.0/Eureka.R4.0_A105.GSI.Pie.zip

EurekaR4.0 for A105 using ONE UI based roms:
https://github.com/Chatur27/Eureka-kernel-for-SM-A105-Pie/releases/download/rev4.0/Eureka.R4.0_A105.ONEUI.Pie.zip

Source code for my kernels:
https://github.com/Chatur27/Eureka-kernel-for-SM-A105-Pie

Last edited:
Reactions: hacker812c

sifonaru

Feb 9, 2012
Can I flash this kernel with Fk Kernel Manager or Ex Kernel apps? I do not have twrp installed, but I have magisk and root on my stock rom. And if I flash it will I lose magisk or root on phone?

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
Can I flash this kernel with Fk Kernel Manager or Ex Kernel apps? I do not have twrp installed, but I have magisk and root on my stock rom. And if I flash it will I lose magisk or root on phone?

Hi, I never tried to flash using those apps but you can try if u want.
My kernel is pre-rooted with magisk 20.4, so you won't lose root.
Its a good practice to have TWRP on a rooted device, because it can backup and restore data or system.

sifonaru

Feb 9, 2012
I really want to try your kernel but just afraid that if I install twrp on my magisk rooted device I can lose all my data. It's enough to flash twrp from Odin? Is there any patch or step required (before or after the twrp flash process)?

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
I really want to try your kernel but just afraid that if I install twrp on my magisk rooted device I can lose all my data. It's enough to flash twrp from Odin? Is there any patch or step required (before or after the twrp flash process)?
After u flash TWRP, u will have to go to wipe→format data→type "yes"

This is done so as to remove the fbe error in twrp.
So u should backup your data first.

Since your phone is already rooted, you can use titanium backup pro to backup your app/game data
When u launch the app for the first time, you have to go it's preferences and scroll down till you find "Backup app external data" and choose "Enabled (always)

Just backup your desired apps and move the TitaniumBackup folder found on your internal storage to your pc or SD card.

To restore, install titanium backup Pro again and copy the TitaniumBackup folder to your internal storage.

Link to titanium backup:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MHvWowC6ygCWFKGpOBavkOZCiPtz7OJs/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

Zloemoloko1998

Jun 17, 2019
2080 MHz frequency does not work

Hello, I have a maximum frequency of large cores of only 1768 MHz but in settings EX Kernel the manager has the ability to choose 2080 MHz, what may be the problem?

Ievinf

Oct 25, 2020
i did flash the kernel and i got an issue, the phone bricks when i power on with the charger connected and i cant run the phone, but when i disconnect the charger from the phone and power on it runs perfect with the kernel, idk why, when i shut down my phone and i put the charger the charging icon got a freeze for forever. whay i can do?

Last edited:

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
Hello, I have a maximum frequency of large cores of only 1768 MHz but in settings EX Kernel the manager has the ability to choose 2080 MHz, what may be the problem?
Yeah,that's a limit of Exynos Kernels.
No fix has been found for that yet.
I recommend using HkTweaks and go to CPU tab. Change governor to userspace and min and max Frequency to max frequency (2080 and 1690)

This has high battery drain. So use it only if u need max performance

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
Hello, I have a question, is this modified kernel useful for the Pixel Experience custom ROM with Android 10? I wait your answer.

First of all, the thread title says it's for Android 9
If you want Eureka for Android 10 , Search XDA more
There is another version for Android 10

A kernel makes any ROM/GSI better. Just try it
You can always go back to stock Kernel later

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
How to flash this kernel, some body got the bricks phone, please give me the method to flash, thank you.
It's not easy to brick a Samsung phone :)
God knows where u get this information.
This kernel is 100% working.
Just flash the kernel in twrp and reboot.
This kernel version already has magisk root.
If you get stuck on A10 logo, force restart and let it boot normally

JuCeNM2496

Dec 10, 2020
I have rebooted into "Download Mode" and have successfully flashed TWRP 3.3.1-0. Now, after rebooting and accessing the recovery, I have done a "Format Data", to then flash Eureka Kernel 4.0, then I did a "Wipe Dalvik and Cache" and then "Reboot System", but the device falls into bootloop... I then rebooted into TWRP to flash Magisk 20.3 to see if that way the device would bootloop, but it remains the same. Ultimately I proceeded to flash magisk-uninstaller and it didn't work. The only way is to reinstall the firmware.

*What is the correct way to install this kernel?
*Does it actually work for Android 9?

When flashing the kernel it says: "FOR ANDROID VERSION 10 (Q)"

PS: I clarify that I have flashed "Eureka.R4.0_A105.ONEUI.Pie.zip" which is supposed to be the proper kernel for Android 9 Pie.

Last edited:

JuCeNM2496

Dec 10, 2020
EK_A10_XDA.jpg

Hi all,
this is the thread for a custom kernel i made for Samsung Galaxy A10 based on android pie (9).
The custom kernel has been named Eureka which is a greek work which means "I have found the solution". This kernel is the solution for both gaming and performance on our cheap A10.

I managed to install your kernel correctly, thanks really, it works great… It cost me a little at first but it already remained…

I have seen that in the kernel you developed for Android 10 you added «double tap to wake» and «double tap to sleep». Could you add it in a future update in this version for Android Pie?

Last edited:

sgh-t599n

Apr 26, 2017
try to install this kernel on android stock 9, with twrp but it left me on galaxy a10 frozen
I tried with the two files one by one repairing the system

sgh-t599n

Apr 26, 2017
I managed to install your kernel correctly, thanks really, it works great… It cost me a little at first but it already remained…

I have seen that in the kernel you developed for Android 10 you added «double tap to wake» and «double tap to sleep». Could you add it in a future update in this version for Android Pie?
how did you do it?

JuCeNM2496

Dec 10, 2020
You have to follow a few steps:
1- Start in TWRP and in "Backup and Restore" choose only the "Boot" partition into SD Card or Internal Storage…
2- Install "Eureka-4.0" and Wipe /Cache and /Dalvik and then restart.
3- Wait until the system starts (that takes about 10 minutes) if the device gets stuck on the boot logo, force the shutdown by pressing the keys: "Power" & "Vol +" & "Vol -" after this it should start correctly.
4- If it still doesn't turn on you will have to force it off once more and start in "Recovery Mode" and flash Magisk "20.3" or Magisk "20.4" (you shouldn't install a newer version of Magisk or there will be bootloop problems)
5- Reboot and enjoy… ✌🏼

P.S: If the bootloop still persists (somewhat unlikely) then go to "Backup and Restore" and choose to restore the "Boot" partition that they had previously backed up and everything is fine again, as if nothing happened. Good Luck!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EK_A10_XDA.jpg

Hi all,

Compatibility:
    This kernel has 2 versions. One version works only on ONE UI (can be stock or debloated ONE UI) and the other version works on GSIs and custom roms (GSIs built specifically for A10). So, please download the correct version.

FEATURES:
    * Disabled Samsung security features
    * Enabled all governors except Schedutils governor.
    * Overclocked CPU as follows:
    BIG Cores: from 1560 MHz to 2080 MHz.
    LIL Cores: from 1352 MHz to 1690 MHz.​
    * Underclocked CPU as follows:
    BIG Cores: from 728 MHz to 312 MHz.
    LIL Cores: from 449 MHz to 208 MHz.​
    * Added GPU thermal and voltage control
    * Added latest boeffla_wl_blocker V 1.1.0 and disabled some wakelocks
    * Network speed improvement
    * Enable zram support.
    * Switch to a lower charging voltage more quickly.
    * GPU max frequency overclocked from 676 MHz to 1300 MHz
    * Implemented Dynamic FSync 2.0
    * Has Spectrum support
    * Pre-rooted with magisk 20.4
    * Built with Linaro V4.9.4 toolchain. Reason: Better performance
    * FOR GSI:
    * Fixed ADB and MTP.
    * Set SElinux as permissive​

Please read the changelog for full list of changes.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    * None

SOME MINOR TWEAKS FOR BEST GPU PERFORMANCE:
    * Set GPU power policy to "always on"
    * Set GPU governor to "static"
    * Set min and max GPU frequency to 1300 MHz
    * Disable GPU thermal manager to prevent GPU frequency from dropping
    * If you are on ONE UI and GPU keeps on changing when u force it at 1300 MHz, disable/remove devicehealthmanagerservice and gameoptimizingservice apps
    * Games don't require high CPU frequency because they depend more on GPU. You can therefore decrease CPU max frequencies to reduce heating of the device.

Best kernel manager for Samsung A series devices is HkTweaks:
    LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeFWtpBJJEpoU9eT6NH2lImem8yTf_na/view?usp=sharing

My contact info:
    Developper:
    * Telegram: @Chatur27

Channel for Eureka future updates:
    * Telegram: https://t.me/eureka_kernel

Official discussion group for A10:
    * Telegram: https://t.me/a10grp

I'm grateful to KineSight for designing the logo.
    * Telegram: @Kinesight

Download link for my kernels for A10:
    EurekaR4.0 for A105 using GSI or custom rom:
    https://github.com/Chatur27/Eureka-kernel-for-SM-A105-Pie/releases/download/rev4.0/Eureka.R4.0_A105.GSI.Pie.zip

EurekaR4.0 for A105 using ONE UI based roms:
    https://github.com/Chatur27/Eureka-kernel-for-SM-A105-Pie/releases/download/rev4.0/Eureka.R4.0_A105.ONEUI.Pie.zip

Source code for my kernels:
    https://github.com/Chatur27/Eureka-kernel-for-SM-A105-Pie

Hi, I never tried to flash using those apps but you can try if u want.
    My kernel is pre-rooted with magisk 20.4, so you won't lose root.
    Its a good practice to have TWRP on a rooted device, because it can backup and restore data or system.
    After u flash TWRP, u will have to go to wipe→format data→type "yes"

This is done so as to remove the fbe error in twrp.
    So u should backup your data first.

Since your phone is already rooted, you can use titanium backup pro to backup your app/game data
    When u launch the app for the first time, you have to go it's preferences and scroll down till you find "Backup app external data" and choose "Enabled (always)

Just backup your desired apps and move the TitaniumBackup folder found on your internal storage to your pc or SD card.

To restore, install titanium backup Pro again and copy the TitaniumBackup folder to your internal storage.

Link to titanium backup:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MHvWowC6ygCWFKGpOBavkOZCiPtz7OJs/view?usp=drivesdk
    You don't have to wipe all your data, just wipe cache and dalvik
    Bro, that won't solve fbe error.
    Yeah,that's a limit of Exynos Kernels.
    No fix has been found for that yet.
    I recommend using HkTweaks and go to CPU tab. Change governor to userspace and min and max Frequency to max frequency (2080 and 1690)

This has high battery drain. So use it only if u need max performance