this is the thread for a custom kernel i made for Samsung Galaxy A10.
The custom kernel has been named Eureka which is a greek work which means "I have found the solution". This multi-purpose kernel is the solution for battery, gaming, performance on our cheap A10. On creating this kernel, I believed that 1 kernel can be all of the above if properly tweaked!
Due to Samsung heavy changes in R vendor (Oneui 3), 2 kernels had to be made. One kernel is named Q/R and the one is called R. Q/R kernels can only be used on Q vendor based roms, that is, ONEUI 2.x, Q/R GSIs, Q/R Eureka Roms. R kernels can only be used on R based vendor, that is, ONEUi 3.x for the time being
Each of the 2 above mentioned kernels has 2 versions. One version has enforcing selinux and the other one has permissive selinux. So, please download the correct version.
* Disabled Samsung security features
* Enabled all governors + added other governors
* Overclocked CPU as follows:
BIG Cores: from 1560 MHz to 2288 MHz.
LIL Cores: from 1352 MHz to 1794 MHz.* Underclocked CPU as follows:
BIG Cores: from 936 MHz to 208 MHz.
LIL Cores: from 839 MHz to 208 MHz.* Added GPU thermal and voltage control
* Added latest boeffla wl blocker V 1.1.0 and disabled some wakelocks
* Network speed improvement
* Enable zram support and set default compressor as lz4.
* Switch to a lower charging voltage more quickly.
* GPU max frequency overclocked from 676 MHz to 1300 MHz
* Implemented Dynamic FSync 2.0
* Implemented a custom hotplug driver to enhance battery management
* Implemented Power Suspend driver
* High torch brightness on custom roms/gsis
* Has Spectrum support
* Automatic detection of magisk - If u are rooted, u don't need to flash magisk after kernel.
* Upstreamed kernel version from 4.4.177 to 4.4.277
* Built with Proton Clang 13 toolchain with LTO. Reason: Better performance
Please read the changelog on github for full list of changes.
* Maybe ADB cannot be used at the same time as MTP
SOME MINOR TWEAKS FOR BEST GPU PERFORMANCE:
* Set GPU power policy to "always on"
* Set min and max GPU frequency to 1200/1300 MHz
* Disable GPU thermal manager to prevent GPU frequency from dropping
* Games don't require high CPU frequency because they depend more on GPU. You can therefore decrease CPU max frequencies to reduce heating of the device.
Best kernel manager for Samsung A series devices is HkTweaks:
Developers of Eureka Team:
* Telegram: @Chatur27, @Gabriel260BR and @roynatech
Channel for Eureka future updates:
* Telegram: https://t.me/eureka_kernel
Official discussion group for A10:
* Telegram: https://t.me/a10grp
I'm grateful to KineSight for designing the logo.
* Telegram: @Kinesight
Download links for A10 (Download accordingly):
All releases of Eureka for Q based vendor ROMs
All releases of Eureka for R based vendor ROMs
Customize Eureka with different frequencies (Flash in recovery)
Source code for my kernel:
Kernel source on GitHub
If you love our work, thank us by donating. Your donation can help us rent a cloud sever to build kernels and roms faster
Link to PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/chaturbaij