[KERNEL][CUSTOM] Eureka kernel for all variants of Galaxy A30s for android 10(Q) & 11(R) & 12(S) ROMs

How is your experience with Eureka kernel?

• Improves performance and gaming experience

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Improves gaming experience only

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Improves performance only

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
EK A30s XDA.jpg

Hi all,
this is the thread for a custom kernel i made for Samsung Galaxy A30s.
The custom kernel has been named Eureka which is a greek work which means "I have found the solution". This multi-purpose kernel is the solution for battery, gaming, performance for A30s. On creating this kernel, I believed that 1 kernel can be all of the above if properly tweaked!

As from Eureka R9.0, four kernel variants are available inside 1 same zip. This has been made possible using AROMA Installer.

Compatibility:
This kernel is compatible with AOSP GSIs/ROMs, OneUI2 and OneUI3. As from R9.0, there is only 2 variants of zip to download. One is called EMS and the other one is called HMP. Continue reading to learn more about them.

FEATURES:
* Disabled Samsung security features
* Enabled all governors + added other governors
* Overclocked CPU as follows:
BIG Cores: from 1768 MHz to 2288 MHz.​
LIL Cores: from 1586 MHz to 1794 MHz.​
* Underclocked CPU as follows:
BIG Cores: from 936 MHz to 208 MHz.​
LIL Cores: from 839 MHz to 208 MHz.​
* Added GPU thermal and voltage control
* Added latest boeffla wl blocker V 1.1.0 and disabled some wakelocks
* Network speed improvement
* Enable zram support and set default compressor as zstd.
* Switch to a lower charging voltage more quickly.
* GPU max frequency overclocked from 845 MHz to 1300 MHz
* Implemented Dynamic FSync 2.0
* Implemented a custom hotplug driver to enhance battery management
* Implemented Power Suspend driver
* High torch brightness on custom roms/gsis
* Has Spectrum support
* Automatic detection of magisk - If u are rooted, u don't need to flash magisk after kernel.
* Upstreamed kernel version from 4.4.177 to 4.4.302
* Built with Vortex Clang 14 toolchain with LTO. Reason: Better performance
* Support for EMS (Exynos Mobile Scheduler) added

Please read the changelog on github for full list of changes.

KNOWN ISSUES:
* Maybe ADB cannot be used at the same time as MTP

SOME MINOR TWEAKS FOR BEST GPU PERFORMANCE:
* Set GPU power policy to "always on"
* Set min and max GPU frequency to 1200/1300 MHz
* Disable GPU thermal manager to prevent GPU frequency from dropping
* Games don't require high CPU frequency because they depend more on GPU. You can therefore decrease CPU max frequencies to reduce heating of the device.

We have developed our own kernel manager called EKManager which is a fork of HkTweaks. It is compatible only with Eureka Kernels. You can download it from here:
LINK: Download EKManager app

Contact info:
Developers of Eureka Team:
* Telegram: @Chatur27, @Gabriel260BR and @roynatech

Channel for Eureka future updates:
* Telegram: https://t.me/eureka_kernel

Official discussion group for A30s:
* Telegram: https://t.me/galaxya30s

I'm grateful to KineSight for designing the logo.
* Telegram: @Kinesight

Reference about EMS kernel:
Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) gives the scheduler the ability to predict the impact of its decisions on the energy consumed by CPUs. EAS relies on an Energy Model (EM) of the CPUs to select an energy efficient CPU for each task. Allowing to save up battery even further. EMS aka Exynos Mobile Scheduler, is a fork of EAS for Exynos. We ported to our 4.4.y kernel. As written above, EMS kernel is good for battery saving. Some words from kernel official docs: - EAS operates only on heterogeneous CPU topologies (such as Arm big.LITTLE) because this is where the potential for saving energy through scheduling is the highest.
EMS kernel + pwrutilx governor is very good at battery saving according to our test.

Reference about HMP kernel:
It's just the stock scheduler that comes with stock kernel. Basically it's the normal kernel.

What kernel variant to flash once inside AROMA installer?
1) AOSP Legacy Q/R/S - If you are using an old Eureka ROM which was released before February 2022, choose this.
2) AOSP Q/R/S (New) - If you are using an Eureka ROM built as from February 2022, choose this.
3) OneUI 2 - For any OneUI 2 roms (stock/ports).
4) OneUI 3 - For any OneUI 3 roms (stock/ports).

Download link for A30s (Read above to know which version to download for your OS):
All releases of Eureka for Q/R/S ROMs/GSIs (including OneUI)

Source code for my kernel:
Kernel source on GitHub

1619982775521.png

If you love our work, thank us by donating. Your donation can help us rent a cloud sever to build kernels and roms faster :)
Link to PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/chaturbaij

Last edited:

Jerry8538

Jun 9, 2018
That's awesome! I will try your kernel on my A30s running One UI asap, and I will let you know how it goes. I have a few questions tho. I just have to normally flash through TWRP after wiping dalvic right? You have written that you both overclocked and underclocked the CPU, so can I choose one, and how? Do I have to use the kernel manager you linked? If no, then what do I use the kernel manager for?
Again thanks a lot for making this kernel, and I will let you know how it goes when I flash it.

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
That's awesome! I will try your kernel on my A30s running One UI asap, and I will let you know how it goes. I have a few questions tho. I just have to normally flash through TWRP after wiping dalvic right? You have written that you both overclocked and underclocked the CPU, so can I choose one, and how? Do I have to use the kernel manager you linked? If no, then what do I use the kernel manager for?
Again thanks a lot for making this kernel, and I will let you know how it goes when I flash it.
Hi bro,
You just need to flash kernel in TWRP and reboot. If you are using magisk 20.4, then kernel will automatically upgrade it to 21.0 (latest) .
My kernel has spectrum support whereby the profiles play with the different overclocked and underclocked cpu frequencies accordingly.
I recommend using HkTweaks kernel maanger because its the best for Exynos devices and all my kernel features can be customized through it.
If you want more support and get help from other A30s members, kindly join telegram and join the support group: https://t.me/eureka_support_group

Jerry8538

Jun 9, 2018
Thanks a lot!
Okay, another question - I want to test the ROMs that have been built, but I am daily driving One UI right now, and I don't really want to daily drive a ROM until it is stable, so if I make a nandroid backup, will everything get backed up, even though I am on stock ROM?

Nafeezz

Apr 16, 2020
the performance of the kernel is great but it suddenly freez and restart the phone....i tried with both one ui and custom rom......both have same issue...i think the kernel need to be more optimized.....bu the way thank you so much for the kernel...i was so frustrated for not having any custo, rom and kernel for better performence......but your this help makes me so happy....

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
the performance of the kernel is great but it suddenly freez and restart the phone....i tried with both one ui and custom rom......both have same issue...i think the kernel need to be more optimized.....bu the way thank you so much for the kernel...i was so frustrated for not having any custo, rom and kernel for better performence......but your this help makes me so happy....

Not all phones are manufactured same
Some phone can use the overclocked frequencies and some can't
If you are getting random reboot, decrease big cores' max frequency to 2080 MHz.

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
Thanks a lot!
Okay, another question - I want to test the ROMs that have been built, but I am daily driving One UI right now, and I don't really want to daily drive a ROM until it is stable, so if I make a nandroid backup, will everything get backed up, even though I am on stock ROM?

Yes, backup boot,dtbo,vendor,system,data. (efs is optional but always keep a backup of it on your pc. It contains your IMEI.)

Jerry8538

Jun 9, 2018
Yes, backup boot,dtbo,vendor,system,data. (efs is optional but always keep a backup of it on your pc. It contains your IMEI.)

Ah gotcha. Thanks!
I have another question, sorry if it sounds stupid, but I am really not comfortable losing my data XD
I know now, how to backup everything, but how do I backup my data and then reflash it after flashing a ROM?
Can I even do that or no?
If yes, do I just backup the data partition and flash?

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
Ah gotcha. Thanks!
I have another question, sorry if it sounds stupid, but I am really not comfortable losing my data XD
I know now, how to backup everything, but how do I backup my data and then reflash it after flashing a ROM?
Can I even do that or no?
If yes, do I just backup the data partition and flash?

If you are on stock rom (oneui), you can flash your os again with Odin but also keep your data. You have to use "home_csc..." Instead of "csc..." in the CSC slot in Odin.

Usually with GSIs, you don't need to wipe your data. So a backup of your data via twrp should work. If you are changing to a gsi and the phone is stuck at the Samsung animation logo, then u can go to recovery and wipe dalvik cache and reboot. If still stuck, then u will need to wipe data.

swaghacker69

Nov 16, 2020
Oi sabe como desinstalar esse kernel tem alguem arquivo zip para flashar no twrp?

Translation: Hi know how to uninstall this kernel has someone zip file to flash in twrp?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
Eureka R6.5 update for A30s

Changelog:

-> Further overclocked BIG cores from 2080 MHz to 2184 MHz.
-> Undervolted the whole soc (exynos 7885) including CPU and GPU.
-> Tweaked kernel for stability and less battery drain at high frequencies.
-> Enabled back 312 MHz and 343 MHz frequencies for big and little cores respectively.
-> Fixed automatic scaling to overclocked frequencies. No need to force frequencies now!
-> CPU throttling bypass increased till 2184 MHz for big cores.
-> Automatic detection of root when flashing kernel. If you are already rooted, you won't lose root when
flashing kernel as from now. So, no need to flash magisk after kernel!!
-> Added powersuspend driver v1.8 - saves battery when screen is off.
-> Removed/disabled some more useless debugging codes and Samsung securities.
-> Added an improved version of KSM known as UKSM (Ultra Kernel Samepage Merging) - Decreases ram usage
-> Removed Userspace lmkd and switched back to stock LMK.
-> Added Maple I/O scheduler
-> Disable GFS for better ui responsiveness for all kernels now.
-> Fixed issue of bootloop!! - No more stucking on bootlogo.
-> Slight improvement in boot speed.
-> Built kernel with latest Proton Clang 13 and LTO for better performance.
-> Optional spectrum support - Flash enable_spectrum_support.zip on your internal storage to enable spectrum.
-> Fixed random reboot on android 11 GSIs. If you still get reboots, then the issue is with the GSI. Please
contact the maintainer of the GSI for any fix. Tested Superior GSI android 11 and got no reboot.
-> Updated WireGuard to v1.0.20210219 (latest version)
-> Updated kernel to latest source
-> Updated GPU driver from R19p0 (26/06/2019) to R26p0 (10/09/2020)
-> Upstreamed kernel version from 4.4.238 to 4.4.267 (latest)
-> Unified kernel sources for A10, A20, A20e, A30, A30s and A40

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka
Eureka R7.5 update

Changelog:

→ All previous features of Eureka which A30s missed.
→ Upstream Linux Kernel Version from 4.4.270 to 4.4.277
→ Enabled back 208 MHz frequency for big and little cores.
→ DTB is now used to customize Eureka features such as CPU and GPU frequencies.
→ DTBO is only used to disable dm-verity as from now.
→ Added a new flashlight control driver which will be used on AOSP/LOS based ROMs. It will also fix low flashlight issue on GSIs. This new driver does not interfere with camera (which was causing dark photos for some A20 users) Footej camera app is recommended for custom roms.
→ Imported latest Samsung updates from A305F R kernel source.
→ "Samsung A10 1.2A input charging current" feature still depends on Eureka dtbo. Will fix it on next update
→ Further overclocked BIG cores from 2184 MHz to 2288 MHz and LITTLE cores from 1690 MHz to 1794 MHz.
→ Fixed wrongly set GPU throttling frequencies.
→ Updated WireGuard vpn driver to latest version - v1.0.20210606
→ Some other minor optimizations.

jpmarlley

May 25, 2018
Fortaleza, CE
thank you very much and congratulations for your hard work

the kernel has been working fine on my A30s except for a small problem

the headphone output no longer works after installation, has anyone experienced this?

Reactions: Chatur27

Chatur27

Jul 30, 2020
Moka

the headphone output no longer works after installation, has anyone experienced this?
As mentionned clearly on the thread, there are 2 versions of Eureka available. One is called 7.5 R and one is called 7.5 Q/R

R is for oneui 3 only
Q/R is for other roms/gsis

Xiu15

Feb 8, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A30s
Any tips on how to flash this? TWRP from official site doesn't work, the ones on CDA have dead links, and im unable to install OrangeFox. A307FN rooted with Magisk v23.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this affect the GPU long-term-wise?
    Oi sabe como desinstalar esse kernel tem alguem arquivo zip para flashar no twrp?

Translation: Hi know how to uninstall this kernel has someone zip file to flash in twrp?
    Just take boot.img from stock rom and flash in twrp as boot