• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL]***[D80*/LS/VS980/F320x] B14CKB1RD AOSP [4/13/15]***

Search This thread

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
B14CKB1RD
Kernel for the LG G2​

B14CKB1RD for Lollipop

B14CKB1RD is a custom kernel meant for AOSP Lollipop and KitKat based Roms. There is 8 governors and 8 I/O schedulers. It comes fully stable and suitable for what uses you want from your phone. From best battery life to best performance you can find for your phone. As usual happy flashing. Just note i am not responsible if you the user messes up your phone. I will always be around to help in any way i can so if any issues arise please feel free to send me a pm or ask in the thread. ABSOLUTELY NO TROLLING, BASHING, OR ARGUING on the post please. Actions will be taken and you will loose my personal support.

Downloads:
How to Install:
Boot to recovery
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Flash Kernel .zip
Reboot to profit
Features:

Governors:
  • Bacon
  • Dancedance
  • Intelliactive
  • Intellimm
  • interactive
  • Ondemand
  • Optimax
  • Performance
  • Smartmax
  • Wheatley

I/O Schedulers:
  • Bfq
  • Cfq
  • Deadline
  • Fifo
  • Fiops
  • Noop
  • Sio
  • Tripndroid
  • Vr
  • Zen

TCP Congestion Controls:
  • Bic
  • Cubic
  • Highspeed
  • Htcp
  • Hybla
  • Illinois
  • Lp
  • Reno
  • Scalable
  • Vegas
  • Veno
  • Westwood
  • Yeah

Other:
  • Linux Kernel 3.4.x
  • Built with Linaro 4.9.3 Toolchain (A15 Optimized)
  • Graphite Optimizations
  • Krait a15 Optimizations
  • ARM Optimizations
  • F2FS Support
  • ExFAT Support
  • UnderVoltage Control
  • GPU UnderClock
  • MSM Hotplug
  • Bricked Thermal
  • Sweep2Sleep
  • DoubleTap2Wake
  • Sound Control GPL 3.5
  • Stereo Call Recording Support
  • Battery Optimizations
  • PowerSuspend
  • Enhanced Power Efficiency
  • Fast Charge v2.4
  • Kernel Mode Neon
  • ARM Crypto Optimizations
  • Dynamic Read Ahead
  • Dynamic FSYNC
  • Memutils Optimizations

Notes::

B14CKB1RD now comes with F2FS Support and has the ability to run on any rom that supports it. I have also removed prebuilt synapse from the kernel as you can now safely get updates for it and install from playstore itself (or use whatever one you want of your choice but i will not support those that have issues using other tweak tools...you have been warned). Below are a list of my personal settings and preferences that i use with synapse:

on first opening of synapse there is a checkmark and an X at the top..go ahead and hit the checkmark before anything

On CPU Tab: I set max frequency to 1958 Mhz and hit checkmark to apply
On CPU VOLT Tab: On the cpu global voltage i drop it down to -25 and hit checkmark to apply
On SOUND Tab: I changed from "Custom" profile to "Quality". Hit the checkmark and youll see the heaphones and speaker drop to -2. Move them both to 4 or 5 (depending how loud you want them) and then hit checkmark to apply. (this actually produces great loud sound)
On BUILD.PROP Tab: I changed wifi scan interval from "15" to "150" then hit checkmark to apply.

thats exactly how i have it set and running and runs top notch for me. Hope you all enjoy.

If you come across a bug please do not spam the thread. either pm me or reach me on hangouts or g+ by [email protected]

Source::
click here

Credits & Thanks
@Snuzzo (for teaching me all he knows about kernel and his code used on many devices)
@RenderBroken (for giving great advice)
@Drgravy (for his work on the G2 Kernel)
@Christopher83 (for his awesome 4.9.3 toolchain)
@faux123 (for many of his awesome kernel stuff like SoundControl)
@neobuddy89 (for his great kernel work)
@show-p1984 (for doubletap2wake and many others)
@myfluxi (for his great kernel work)
@Rashed97 (for his lollipop contributitions)
@dr87 (for his work on the G2 Kitkat Kernel)
@houstonn (for his work on the G2 Kernel)
@savoca (for his work and code used on the g2 and many devices)
@dorimanx (for his work and code used on the g2 and many devices)
@bart452 (for his work on the G2 kitkat Kernel)
@djdeeles (for helping me with some ramdisk fixes with knockon, cmhw and usb stuff. )
All of my testers and users thank you for keeping me going.
To any other devs i missed...all your work is very much appreciated. if you feel i should put you on the list let me know via pm and ill do so

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
B14CKB1RD for KitKat

Downloads:
How to Install:
Boot to recovery
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Flash Kernel .zip
Reboot to profit
Features:

Governors:
  • Bacon
  • Dancedance
  • Intelliactive
  • interactive
  • Ondemand
  • Optimax
  • Performance
  • Wheatley

I/O Schedulers:
  • Bfq
  • Cfq
  • Deadline
  • Fiops
  • Noop
  • Sio
  • Vr
  • Zen

TCP Congestion Controls:
  • Bic
  • Cubic
  • Highspeed
  • Htcp
  • Hybla
  • Illinois
  • Lp
  • Reno
  • Scalable
  • Vegas
  • Veno
  • Westwood
  • Yeah

Other:
  • Linux Kernel 3.4.104
  • Built With Sabermod 4.10 Toolchain
  • UnderVoltage Control
  • Sweep2Sleep
  • DoubleTap2Wake
  • Nexus 5 Audio fine tweaked for G2
  • Sound Control GPL 3.5
  • Intelliplug
  • Fast Charge (still working on it)
  • Battery Optimizations
  • PowerSuspend

click here

After Install Instructions::
I personally Prefer the use of Trickster MOD for kernel tuning. if you want to switch to using trickster i recommend removing built in kernel tweaking app if possible. I used rom toolbox's app manager to do so. Trickster can be found on Play Store or on xda.

For roms that support DoubleTap2Wake: make sure it is enabled and checked in Settings > Display and if using Trickster MOD under the "specific tab" tap on "Screen Wake Control" and set it to 1 for bottom half enable or 2 for fullscreen. Don't go any higher in number as it wont set anything. after your done tap on the checkmark at the top right to apply and save

For frequency changes to stick: In Trickster Mod, change to the frequency you want and tap on "Frequency Lock" to enable it and tap on the checkmark at the top right to apply and save

This Kernel will only work on roms which use the latest most up to date kitkat source code for your phone and the N5 audio driver adaptation from dr87. I honestly dont plan on this changing at this time and please make sure you meet the requirements before saying this kernel does not work for you. Thanks and enjoy!!!

Last edited:

TDSJR

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks for the work.
Bootlooping on D801,
downloaded and intstalled (per instructions), twice via TWRP 2.8.0.1. Same result.

Last edited:
Reactions: REV3NT3CH

Arctic Prodigy

Dec 29, 2013
Seems to have quite a bit of Governers, I/O Schedulers, TCP Congestion Controls, I am a noob, is there a manual to all of these different options?

I am using T-Mobile and I want to get good battery life and good LTE throughput and performance too, but how can anyone know what to even look at or pick when they are confused, yes I tried Google, very limited in what I could find, older explanations to older stuff and nothing much new as I see you have described above.

Reactions: REV3NT3CH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    B14CKB1RD
    Kernel for the LG G2​

B14CKB1RD for Lollipop

B14CKB1RD is a custom kernel meant for AOSP Lollipop and KitKat based Roms. There is 8 governors and 8 I/O schedulers. It comes fully stable and suitable for what uses you want from your phone. From best battery life to best performance you can find for your phone. As usual happy flashing. Just note i am not responsible if you the user messes up your phone. I will always be around to help in any way i can so if any issues arise please feel free to send me a pm or ask in the thread. ABSOLUTELY NO TROLLING, BASHING, OR ARGUING on the post please. Actions will be taken and you will loose my personal support.

Downloads:
    How to Install:
    Boot to recovery
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Flash Kernel .zip
    Reboot to profit
    Features:

Governors:
    • Bacon
    • Dancedance
    • Intelliactive
    • Intellimm
    • interactive
    • Ondemand
    • Optimax
    • Performance
    • Smartmax
    • Wheatley

I/O Schedulers:
    • Bfq
    • Cfq
    • Deadline
    • Fifo
    • Fiops
    • Noop
    • Sio
    • Tripndroid
    • Vr
    • Zen

TCP Congestion Controls:
    • Bic
    • Cubic
    • Highspeed
    • Htcp
    • Hybla
    • Illinois
    • Lp
    • Reno
    • Scalable
    • Vegas
    • Veno
    • Westwood
    • Yeah

Other:
    • Linux Kernel 3.4.x
    • Built with Linaro 4.9.3 Toolchain (A15 Optimized)
    • Graphite Optimizations
    • Krait a15 Optimizations
    • ARM Optimizations
    • F2FS Support
    • ExFAT Support
    • UnderVoltage Control
    • GPU UnderClock
    • MSM Hotplug
    • Bricked Thermal
    • Sweep2Sleep
    • DoubleTap2Wake
    • Sound Control GPL 3.5
    • Battery Optimizations
    • PowerSuspend
    • Enhanced Power Efficiency
    • Fast Charge v2.4
    • Kernel Mode Neon
    • ARM Crypto Optimizations
    • Dynamic Read Ahead
    • Dynamic FSYNC
    • Memutils Optimizations

B14CKB1RD now comes with F2FS Support and has the ability to run on any rom that supports it. I have also removed prebuilt synapse from the kernel as you can now safely get updates for it and install from playstore itself (or use whatever one you want of your choice but i will not support those that have issues using other tweak tools...you have been warned). Below are a list of my personal settings and preferences that i use with synapse:

on first opening of synapse there is a checkmark and an X at the top..go ahead and hit the checkmark before anything

On CPU Tab: I set max frequency to 1958 Mhz and hit checkmark to apply
    On CPU VOLT Tab: On the cpu global voltage i drop it down to -25 and hit checkmark to apply
    On SOUND Tab: I changed from "Custom" profile to "Quality". Hit the checkmark and youll see the heaphones and speaker drop to -2. Move them both to 4 or 5 (depending how loud you want them) and then hit checkmark to apply. (this actually produces great loud sound)
    On BUILD.PROP Tab: I changed wifi scan interval from "15" to "150" then hit checkmark to apply.

thats exactly how i have it set and running and runs top notch for me. Hope you all enjoy.

If you come across a bug please do not spam the thread. either pm me or reach me on hangouts or g+ by [email protected]

click here

Credits & Thanks
    @Snuzzo (for teaching me all he knows about kernel and his code used on many devices)
    @RenderBroken (for giving great advice)
    @Drgravy (for his work on the G2 Kernel)
    @Christopher83 (for his awesome 4.9.3 toolchain)
    @faux123 (for many of his awesome kernel stuff like SoundControl)
    @neobuddy89 (for his great kernel work)
    @show-p1984 (for doubletap2wake and many others)
    @myfluxi (for his great kernel work)
    @Rashed97 (for his lollipop contributitions)
    @dr87 (for his work on the G2 Kitkat Kernel)
    @houstonn (for his work on the G2 Kernel)
    @savoca (for his work and code used on the g2 and many devices)
    @dorimanx (for his work and code used on the g2 and many devices)
    @bart452 (for his work on the G2 kitkat Kernel)
    @djdeeles (for helping me with some ramdisk fixes with knockon, cmhw and usb stuff. )
    All of my testers and users thank you for keeping me going.
    To any other devs i missed...all your work is very much appreciated. if you feel i should put you on the list let me know via pm and ill do so
    KERNEL UPDATED FOR LOLLIPOP!!!!! ive done a few slight differences with this lollipop kern so look at features list... to me te kern is very very snappy and runs even better than the kitkat version...if any problems please pm me and ill fix it asap... ALSO just so people know F320x has been added to kernel builds...i know not of how it runs on that so f320 users please give feedback...this is for AOSP lollipop roms only...also if there are any l01f users out there please get at me asap..i have it all ready to build but just wanna know if you guys are out there...Also Lollipop builds are in OP...old kitkat builds in 2nd post

EDIT: YES consider this me finally returning to xda g2 community and expect more....much more
    I think its time I move on. It was fun building stuff for all the G2 users but as you know...I no longer own the device plus having a full time job and kids I've been very limited on time. Goodbye G2 community hope it was great for you guys while I was here. Thanks for everything guys!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    B14CKB1RD for KitKat

Downloads:
    How to Install:
    Boot to recovery
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Flash Kernel .zip
    Reboot to profit
    Features:

Governors:
    • Bacon
    • Dancedance
    • Intelliactive
    • interactive
    • Ondemand
    • Optimax
    • Performance
    • Wheatley

I/O Schedulers:
    • Bfq
    • Cfq
    • Deadline
    • Fiops
    • Noop
    • Sio
    • Vr
    • Zen

TCP Congestion Controls:
    • Bic
    • Cubic
    • Highspeed
    • Htcp
    • Hybla
    • Illinois
    • Lp
    • Reno
    • Scalable
    • Vegas
    • Veno
    • Westwood
    • Yeah

Other:
    • Linux Kernel 3.4.104
    • Built With Sabermod 4.10 Toolchain
    • UnderVoltage Control
    • Sweep2Sleep
    • DoubleTap2Wake
    • Nexus 5 Audio fine tweaked for G2
    • Sound Control GPL 3.5
    • Intelliplug
    • Fast Charge (still working on it)
    • Battery Optimizations
    • PowerSuspend

click here

After Install Instructions::
    I personally Prefer the use of Trickster MOD for kernel tuning. if you want to switch to using trickster i recommend removing built in kernel tweaking app if possible. I used rom toolbox's app manager to do so. Trickster can be found on Play Store or on xda.

For roms that support DoubleTap2Wake: make sure it is enabled and checked in Settings > Display and if using Trickster MOD under the "specific tab" tap on "Screen Wake Control" and set it to 1 for bottom half enable or 2 for fullscreen. Don't go any higher in number as it wont set anything. after your done tap on the checkmark at the top right to apply and save

For frequency changes to stick: In Trickster Mod, change to the frequency you want and tap on "Frequency Lock" to enable it and tap on the checkmark at the top right to apply and save

This Kernel will only work on roms which use the latest most up to date kitkat source code for your phone and the N5 audio driver adaptation from dr87. I honestly dont plan on this changing at this time and please make sure you meet the requirements before saying this kernel does not work for you. Thanks and enjoy!!!
    I would recommend this kernel to anyone. I'm currently using it as it's built into the latest release of PA 4.6 beta (11/24). I have to say tuning it up with Trickster makes for a winning combination. It's very fast, smooth and stable. In light of recent unfortunate circumstances here on XDA - I was just wondering if we will be lucky enough to see any further development, or dare I ask an L release of this great kernel?
    You all will soon see a big update and L compatibility of this kernel.....working on magic for the users :)