[KERNEL] ElementalX-N5X

Search This thread

chopoLet

Jan 20, 2017
After installing what kernel. The 4-cores mod to fix the BLOD? Or some other custom kernel? I'm not sure where you are coming from, but you can just try to wipe everything and reflash LOS 15.
I flash the latest imgs first and then freshly installed LOS 15.1 latest version, latest gapps, I let it boot up and set up a lil app there. I installed magisk afterward then EX. It did actually boot to my home screen then after many seconds my phone freezes then reboots itself repeatedly.

rocketrazr1999

I flash the latest imgs first and then freshly installed LOS 15.1 latest version, latest gapps, I let it boot up and set up a lil app there. I installed magisk afterward then EX. It did actually boot to my home screen then after many seconds my phone freezes then reboots itself repeatedly.

Uh-oh. I am assuming you know about the BLOD right? Sounds possible you cooked the Big core by overheating the soldering. If by some chance you have NOT ever heard of the N5X's BLOD, then you will definitely want to familiarize yourself IMMEDIATELY. The BLOD also affects the LGG4, Nexus 6, and all other phones with the same SOC with two ARM Cortex-A57 cores (big), and four ARM Cortex-A53 cores, (LITTLE). The big cores get shorted or overheated or something noone is sure of. Temporary remedies are to freeze it or heat it up with a hairdryer, but you don't need to do that since you've already unlocked the BOOTLOADER. Here's the XDA link to the 4-Cores mod to disable the big cores, which allows the phone to boot without them. Try flashing the correct mod (depends on what Android version you got) and see if it stops the bootlooping. I honestly think you should retry flashing everything, especially the EX image. When you said you flashed EX kernel, you not saying it is the 4-Core mod are you? If you are then cancel everything I just said and wipe your boot partition and reflash that and don't flash EX again. I hope you get it sorted, but personally? I would get the LGG5 as a temporary solution until you decide a permanent one.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Hi, I am having random reboots after installing the kernel, I am on LOS 15.1 with the latest magisk. I tried this https://xdaforums.com/nexus-5x/general/guide-thermal-throttle-tweaking-t3395681 but my system setting is bugging.

WAIT!!!!! I just read Aaron's reply to your Intial Post!!! You flashed EX Kernel (Aaron's kernel!!!!) after you flashed LOS 15.1!!! You CAN'T use a custom ROM with EX. His instructions explicitly warn that you MUST flash EX over a clean, stock kernel and you have LOS flashed already! You gotta just NOT use Elemental X!!! And that's it buddy. SMH, I feel so stupid, I violated rule #1... Read everything first! And then....read it AGAIN if you run into a problem!!! Somebody hit me.

Reactions: chopoLet

chopoLet

Jan 20, 2017
Uh-oh. I am assuming you know about the BLOD right? Sounds possible you cooked the Big core by overheating the soldering. If by some chance you have NOT ever heard of the N5X's BLOD, then you will definitely want to familiarize yourself IMMEDIATELY. The BLOD also affects the LGG4, Nexus 6, and all other phones with the same SOC with two ARM Cortex-A57 cores (big), and four ARM Cortex-A53 cores, (LITTLE). The big cores get shorted or overheated or something noone is sure of. Temporary remedies are to freeze it or heat it up with a hairdryer, but you don't need to do that since you've already unlocked the BOOTLOADER. Here's the XDA link to the 4-Cores mod to disable the big cores, which allows the phone to boot without them. Try flashing the correct mod (depends on what Android version you got) and see if it stops the bootlooping. I honestly think you should retry flashing everything, especially the EX image. When you said you flashed EX kernel, you not saying it is the 4-Core mod are you? If you are then cancel everything I just said and wipe your boot partition and reflash that and don't flash EX again. I hope you get it sorted, but personally? I would get the LGG5 as a temporary solution until you decide a permanent one.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

WAIT!!!!! I just read Aaron's reply to your Intial Post!!! You flashed EX Kernel (Aaron's kernel!!!!) after you flashed LOS 15.1!!! You CAN'T use a custom ROM with EX. His instructions explicitly warn that you MUST flash EX over a clean, stock kernel and you have LOS flashed already! You gotta just NOT use Elemental X!!! And that's it buddy. SMH, I feel so stupid, I violated rule #1... Read everything first! And then....read it AGAIN if you run into a problem!!! Somebody hit me.
Thanks for the info, I had fix btw. I already wiped everything and flashed another custom rom. And probably if I install LOS 15.1 again I may stick with its stock kernel and flash the images again. :)

rocketrazr1999

Thanks for the info, I had fix btw. I already wiped everything and flashed another custom rom. And probably if I install LOS 15.1 again I may stick with its stock kernel and flash the images again. :)

In my opinion, LOS is the best ROM, although I'm using Resurrection Remix, which is based on LOS 15.1. It's a great ROM for my LGG5, basically turned my LGG5 into a Pixel 2 with lots of customizations, like the blacked out mod, which I just can't live without, lol.

demonknightdk

Nov 14, 2010
.... I'm using the the newest EX kernel with LOS 15.1 and have no issues.... (litterally just flashed it all, and set up ex kernel manager like 15 minutes. I've even changed settings and rebooted...working like a champ so far. set i/o schedule etc.

marcocsh

Apr 12, 2011
The zram size and swappiness settings in the EX kernel manager app still do not stick after reboot. Is it a feature or a bug? Any clue?

sireangelus

Dec 30, 2011
ElementalX Kernel
for Nexus 5X (bullhead)

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
Overclock or underclock CPU
Advanced color control
Wake gestures
Camera launch gesture
Sweep2sleep
Sound control
Touchboost option
Thermal control
MultiROM support
Backlight dimmer option
NTFS r/w and exFAT support
Option to disable fsync
Vibration control
WireGuard support
Does not force encryption
Does not modify system partition
Compatible with systemless root

Installation

1. Flash in recovery

For maximum compatibility with all ROMs, ElementalX uses your existing ramdisk.
Do NOT flash this over other custom kernels!
You should only flash ElementalX over the kernel that came with your ROM!!!

Notes

EX Kernel Manager can be used to configure settings and update or install the kernel quickly and easily.

Google+ Community

Downloads

Android 8.1.0 (Oreo)
ElementalX-N5X-6.12

Android 8.0.0 (Oreo)
ElementalX-N5X-5.06

Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
ElementalX-N5X-4.14

Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
ElementalX-N5X-4.06

Android 7.0 (Nougat)
ElementalX-N5X-3.10

Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
ElementalX-N5X-1.20

Note: 1.20 is for ROMs with July security patches or later! Please use 1.15 if WiFi doesn't work

Source code
https://github.com/flar2/bullhead

XDA:DevDB Information
ElementalX-N5X, Kernel for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
flar2
Source Code:https://github.com/flar2/bullhead

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-11-04
Last Updated 2018-12-03
My dear friend, would you consider doing a kernel for the pocophone? I would very much like to desume developing profiles..

Reactions: Midomad

Gabriel1495

Feb 29, 2016
Bologna
@flar2 Hi ? thank you for your hard work; just an information about Elemental X for Android 8.1. I have seen that it is still at December patch, any plan to update, or is the support over?

Last edited:

Fenaufs o

Sep 10, 2019
Tengo un boot.img intalado más un kernel modificado para utilizar solo cuatros núcleos del procesador si actualizoa este kernel este tambien funciona a 4 núcleos ? O tendré problemas

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Tengo un boot.img intalado más un kernel modificado para utilizar solo cuatros núcleos del procesador si actualizoa este kernel este tambien funciona a 4 núcleos ? O tendré problemas

This is an English only forum, please also include an English translation.

Este es un foro solo en inglés, incluya también una traducción al inglés.

demonknightdk

Nov 14, 2010
Any one having issues downloading newest update? I've tried like 5 times from the download button in the manager and it keeps failing

demonknightdk

Nov 14, 2010
I know there has not been a post on this thread in a while, but is there any plan to make a compatible version for android 10 based roms? (or is this compatible?) I upgraded (clean flashed) the unoffical LineageOS 17.1 and now EX Kerenel Manager force closes but that could be because I dont have a custom kernel installed? if There is no plans to update I will probably just go back to LOS15.1

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I know there has not been a post on this thread in a while, but is there any plan to make a compatible version for android 10 based roms? (or is this compatible?) I upgraded (clean flashed) the unoffical LineageOS 17.1 and now EX Kerenel Manager force closes but that could be because I dont have a custom kernel installed? if There is no plans to update I will probably just go back to LOS15.1

Thank you.

Reactions: rotorline

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Thank you.

EX Kernel Manager will still work on any ROM or kernel. You got a bad version yesterday that crashes on this device due to a minor change I made. It should be fixed when you get the next update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Nexus 5X (bullhead)
    p2214177205-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
    • Overclock or underclock CPU
    • Advanced color control
    • Wake gestures
    • Camera launch gesture
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Sound control
    • Touchboost option
    • Thermal control
    • MultiROM support
    • Backlight dimmer option
    • NTFS r/w and exFAT support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Vibration control
    • WireGuard support
    • Does not force encryption
    • Does not modify system partition
    • Compatible with systemless root

Installation

1. Flash in recovery

For maximum compatibility with all ROMs, ElementalX uses your existing ramdisk.
    Do NOT flash this over other custom kernels!
    You should only flash ElementalX over the kernel that came with your ROM!!!

Notes

EX Kernel Manager can be used to configure settings and update or install the kernel quickly and easily.

Google+ Community

Downloads

Android 8.1.0 (Oreo)
    ElementalX-N5X-6.12

Android 8.0.0 (Oreo)
    ElementalX-N5X-5.06

Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
    ElementalX-N5X-4.14

Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
    ElementalX-N5X-4.06

Android 7.0 (Nougat)
    ElementalX-N5X-3.10

Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
    ElementalX-N5X-1.20

Note: 1.20 is for ROMs with July security patches or later! Please use 1.15 if WiFi doesn't work

Source code

https://github.com/flar2/bullhead

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-N5X, Kernel for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/bullhead

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2015-11-04
    Last Updated 2018-12-03
    Changelog

-LED fixup
    -update installer

-July security update

-June security update

-May security update

-April security update
    -update installer

-fix camera gesture

-fix wake gestures timing

-Marshmallow-dr1.5 update

-March security update
    -remove enforcing option
    -add MultiROM support (experimental)

-update sound control
    -add DriveDroid support
    -enable KSM

-add temp threshold tunable for hotplugging big cores
    -fix dm-verity warning for non-root users
    -disable vibration at min setting
    -bluedroid_timer wakelock block

-update LED to work with Cataclysm (part II)

-update LED to work with Cataclysm
    -a few optimizations

-add camera lauch gesture (swipe down to open camera)
    -add backlight dimmer option to installer
    -update installer

-add Wake Gestures

-support Android 6.0.1

-build with o3 gcc optimization
    -Add touchboost option

-build with o2 gcc optimization
    -Add backlight dimmer option

-CAF updates to interactive
    -Don't reset keys pressed at suspend time (@atl4ntis)

-add sound control

-fix enforcing option

-installer fixes

-enforcing optional
    -installer updates
    -sweep2sleep

-add vibration control via sysfs
    -add aroma installer

-various tweaks and optimizations
    -overclocking
    -elementalx governor
    -BFQ, FIOPS and SIO i/o schedulers
    -exFAT support
    -NTFS support
    -TCP congestion avoidance algorithms
    -KCAL advanced color control (@savoca)
    Merry Christmas everyone, and thank you for using my kernel and app, the reception has been phenomenal for this device.
    Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate Christmas, and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate other traditions at this time of year.

Thanks to everyone here for a great year of development and I hope 2017 will be just as great.
    Update!!!

Download
    ElementalX-N5X-4.05

Changes:
    -February security update
    -update lz4
    -support USB wlan