Inactive Recognized Developer
- Jul 31, 2011
This Kernel is based off the sources of AndreiLux Perseus Kernel (alpha35).
If you consider to thank me, please also consider to thank him http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1927852
This kernel only supports roms of android version 4.3.x (sammy and aosp) and 4.4.x!
You can dualboot any of those roms
if you were using this kernel on aosp based roms, and want to use another kernel, you need to reflash the rom, of course without any wipe, it's just to restore modified files
Features (changes compared to Perseus):
- merges samsung open source update12
- dual sound engine
- compiled with linaro gcc 4.8.3
- updated Linux Kernel base to 3.0.101
-zram, zsmalloc and lowmemorykiller updated from 3.9
- DevilQ cpu governor (default)
- block updated from Linux 3.3 (better i/o performance)
- row i/o scheduler updated from Linux 3.4
- fiops v2 i/o scheduler
- working for Aosp and Sammy at once (Big thx to Gokhanmoral for making this possible)
- Portet Ezekeel's Touchwake Feature (from nexus s)
- Oc up to 1.8 Ghz
- Backport from Linux 3.5 smp driver parts
- Wifi driver updated from note3
- backported zswap from linux 3.13 (this replaces zram now)
- backported cpu-boost driver
- possibility to set high/low power mode for wifi when screen is off
- LulzactiveQ cpu governor (from siyahkernel, thx again to Gokhanmoral)
- Hotplug Cpu Governor
- Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
- improve memcopy/memmove
- Using Voodoo Sound and Boeffla Sound
- LED Control by yank555-lu
- ExFat support (thx to samsung for opensourcing the driver)
if your rom is based off PAC, Bam, Fusion, ... :
IMPORTANT: As per notice of 01.11.2013, my CM10.2 kernels do NOT support proprietary Custom Rom frameworks anymore. So if your Custom Rom did not implement the generic framework class framework-2.jar but his own naming convention, you will receive a boot loop. Do not cry about this here but advise your Custom rom cooker to fix this. I will not change this ever again.
The most prominent custom kernels for CM will follow the same approach (aligned between Yank555, Googy, LordBoeffla, Psndna, Temasek and me).
So please do pass this message along to your favorite ROM devs.
If they don't fix their rom, it won't be compatible with custom kernels any more!
Kernel app http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=41346443#post41346443
For more detailed instructions, please take a look at this thread from RichMd (thank you for it):
Dualboot Faq thread
Important: if you want to use this kernel for dualboot, i highly recommend flashing my recovery as well.
General information about the recovery:
in this menu you can:
* create the secondary system partition (needed to be run once, if you want to install a second rom)
you'll notice there is a new menu, where to select what you want to flash.
- if you select kernel, rom or recovery, the zip gets installed as it is.
- if you select zipt to pri./sec. filesystem, it is selfexplanary
- if you select rom to secondary fs, the zip gets modified to install to the sec. fs. IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL IT TO PRIMARY FS LATER SOME TIME, YOU NEED TO REDOWNLOAD THE FILE!
- if you select rom to primary filesystem, it gets installed there, and you can use the same zip later again.
How to install a second rom:
make sure you have already created ssecondary system partition! if not, go to dualboot menu and create it now (this may take some minutes)
- The savest way is the way by using nandroids: if you don't have a nandroid already, create one now. Then just select your backup, and restore it to secondary filesystem.
you now should already be able to boot into primary or secondary rom (which are both the same now).
now you can install any other rom as primary.
- if you want to install a new rom directly as secondary,
make sure there are no spaces in the filename!,
then just go to install zip. you'll notice there's a new menu at some point.
in this menu you can select where you want to install, and what type of file it is.
if you choose rom to sec. fs, your zip files itself gets modified to be installed to secondary fs. this may take a minute, because the files needs to get zipped again. Imporant: this file is permanently modified. if you think you need it later again, you should redownload it, because the modified one would always install as secondary.
installing a rom as primary, a zip to primary or zip to secondary fs, does not modify the zip.
- roms coming with an aroma installer are hard to handle, as every dev can place own commands into it. It's impossible for me, to take care of every possibility. Because of this, it should be the best method, to flash a rom with aroma installer as primary one (and then move it to secondary, by using the nandroid method, if you want it to be secondary).
Many Thanks to:
- Philz (for his recovery source, although i had to implement my own touch )
- all the others mentioned in the changelogs