- Oct 25, 2015
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or you getting * fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any * concerns about features included in this KERNEL before flashing it. YOU are * choosing to make these modifications.
I have to thank all these really nice people around xda/github and software development for helping me out, giving me useful tipps/tricks/guides and their feedback!
It is mandatory to select the correct kernel depending on your current ROM:
1. CUSTOM ROMs [OREO | PIE]
- Based on HolyDragon-Kernel [big thanks to @holyangel]
- Added RenderZenith Kernel features
- Upstreamed to CAF and stable linux branch v3.18.140
2. OxygenOS [OREO] - [EOL]
- Based on RenderZenith Kernel [big thanks to joshuous and RenderBroken]
- Upstreamed to stable linux branch v3.18.138
3. OxygenOS [PIE]
In addition to my used bases mentioned above I've added some features from different kernels out here to give the user more control about their device and to extend it's abilities. Feel free to ask for features that you would like to see in this kernel.
- Compiled with custom-built Linaro 6.4.1 toolchain targeting msm8996/SD820/SD821
- anykernel3: adress more selinux denials
- init: cpu-boost: Create separate tunable for Dynamic Schedtune Boost duration [1500ms by default]
- init: enable wake_boost [set to 1000ms] - [thanks to kerneltoast] [custom variant only!]
- init: set our custom thermal-values [10 zones] [performance-orientated profile]
- Upstreamed f2fs [custom variant only!]
- f2fs rapid GC commits and fixes - [thanks to arter97] [custom variant only!]
- Upstreamed RCU sub-system
- Backlight dimmer
- Boeffla Wakelock Blocker - [enabled by default]
- CPU Governors: schedutil, helix_schedutil, blu_schedutil, pwrutilx, energy-dcfc, darknesssched, alucardsched
- CRC toggle - [disabled by default]
- Debugging and logging disabled/removed
- Disable buttons on touch toggle - [enabled by default]
- DriveDroid support
- DTS: HeadphoneX - Official thread
- Gestures: add sweep2sleep - [disabled by default]
- Haptics: Haptic control and vibration strength control
- HID keyboard/mouse gadget support - [thanks to jcadduono]
- I/O Scheduler: BFQ, MAPLE and ZEN - [maple as default]
- K-Lapse - Offical thread - [thanks to @tanish2k09]
- WLAN driver LA.UM.6.6.r1-10100-89xx.0 - [v 126.96.36.199X] [custom variant only!]
- Sound Control - [thanks to Flar2]
- Spectrum support - [4 pre-defined profiles]
- TCP protocol tweaks - [westwood by default]
- Thermal: thermal-simple - [thanks to kerneltoast]
- USB fast charging toggle - [disabled by default]
- Nethunter: Packet injection patch; monitor mode support [custom variant only!]
- Nethunter: External USB WiFi adapter support; HID Emulation
- Nethunter: CDC_ACM Proxmark/Chameleon detection (all versions); dynamic module loading [custom variant only!]
- vDSO implementation for better performance of 32-bit binaries
- Verity disabled
- Wireguard support
- zRAM - [enabled by default]
- some misc changes to improve user experience
1. Custom ROMs
2. Oxygen-OS [OREO]:
3. Oxygen-OS [PIE]:
- Kernel [custom ROM]: mcdachpappe/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996-eas/tree/custom
- Kernel [OOS Oreo]: mcdachpappe/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996-eas/tree/oos8
- Kernel [OOS PIE]: mcdachpappe/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996-eas/tree/oos9
- AnyKernel2: mcdachpappe/AnyKernel2
- Thanks to @RenderBroken and @joshuous for porting EAS features to our device.
- Thanks to @HolyAngel for his kernel base!
- Credits to the dev's who brought all this included features to our device - thank you very much.
- Huge thanks to @rippledrums who is the best moderator [in our telegram groups] i've seen so far and for our designing logo!
- Thanks to @vinoxflame, @nickpapeir,@theduke7 and @deepak jr for testing and their feedback.
Please leave a comment here if this kernel works or doesn't work for you. This thread stays alive with your contributions and your feedback. Additionally this will motivate me to continue working on this kernel. And if you like you can do a little donation to me: paypal.me/mcdachpappe - Thank you very much!
EAS-Kernel with extended features, Kernel for the OnePlus 3
Kernel Special Features: Energy Aware Scheduling
Last Updated 2019-07-06