flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
p1811453087.png

Kernel for Google Play Edition and Sense-based ROMs

FAST • STABLE • FULL-FEATURED

ElementalX brings the best performance and battery life on the HTC One. Stable and full-featured, you get complete control over your phone. The only kernel that offers individual control of all CPU cores without third party apps, automatic undervolting options, full compatibility with paid apps, thermal options, fully working sweep2wake, doubletap2wake and pocket detection to prevent accidental wakes. Other features include button light notification, 60Hz refresh rate for HDMI, HTC logo as menu button, sleep/wake with long press of the HTC logo, support for many gamepads and more.

Code:
* Standard disclaimer: 
* Your warranty is now void.  Use at your own risk.
* In other words: It is your choice to use this software,
* I am not responsible for any damage or problems you may have!

FEATURES:

• easy installation and configuration with Aroma installer
  • optimized for extended battery life
  • overclocking/underclocking options
  • select independent frequencies for each core
  • choose auto minimum voltage (725mV to 850mV)
  • complete user voltage control
  • mpdecision options (battery saving, stock, performance)
  • optional GPU overclocking
  • GPU governors: ondemand, simple
  • CPU governors: ondemand, intellidemand
  • i/o schedulers: FIOPS, SIO, CFQ, NOOP, deadline
  • kernel based thermal control
  • thermal options (extra cool, run cool, default, and run hot)
  • sweep2wake
  • doubletap2wake
  • logo2wake
  • pocket detection
  • logo2menu
  • button light notification
  • optional max screen off frequency
  • optional graphics boost
  • /system writable
  • init.d support
  • force fastcharge
  • NTFS r/w support
  • exFAT support
  • CIFS support
  • OTG support
  • optional disable HTC color enhancement
  • color control (faux123)
  • remove/restore 3-dot menubar
  • support more game controllers (including PS3)
  • maintains compatibility with all paid apps
  • increased refresh rate for HDMI output via MHL adapter
  • optimized -O3 linaro 4.8.1

Please hit the Thanks button if you download this

If you really like it, please consider a donation to encourage continued development

Thanks to those who have donated!

DOWNLOAD

Sense 5.5 Android 4.4 and Google Play Edition Android 4.4.2

ElementalX-m7-Verizon-13.1

Note: I do not have a Verizon HTC one. Please look through the thread to find what ROMs this works with and any workarounds that are needed.

INSTALLATION

1. Install zip from recovery
2. Follow the instructions, if you don't know what to do, use the preselected options
3. Reboot

For installation, it seems a lot of people have finicky phones when it comes to flashing stuff with aroma.

If the installer gets stuck at 0% then you need to reboot to bootloader and do fastboot erase cache

If the installer reboots at 10%, you need to do a nandroid backup of /system partition and restore it. I think a dirty flash would also work.

After you install it, if you get a black screen or stuck at the HTC logo, no need to worry. Just hold down the power button untill the capacitive buttons start flashing and the phone restarts. The kernel installed correctly.

As always, with overclocking, not all phones can handle all frequencies. If it doesn't boot, or randomly reboots, or freezes, your first course of action should be to reinstall with a lower frequency.

Previous versions:
ElementalX-m7-Verizon-11.4.1

Special thanks:
@tbalden for l2m and bln and cam fix on sense 4.3
@amarullz for installer
@backfromthestorm for fstrim
@crpalmer for kernel based thermal control
@mkasick Fix for empty app-mounted directories
@jonas2295 for elementalx logo
@faux123 for simple GPU governor and color control

NOTES:

ElementalX Configuration File
Your choices in the Aroma installer are used to build a configuration file. The config file is located at /etc/elementalx.conf. You can edit this file to change kernel settings. Whatever is set in this file will take effect when the device is booted (unless other scripts or apps interfere!)

The settings can be changed by editing /etc/elementalx.conf and rebooting. Advanced users can apply settings on the fly by running /etc/init.d/99elementalx as root.

There is no need to edit /etc/init.d/99elementalx. All settings are configured in /etc/elementalx.conf.

If settings are not sticking, make sure the file permissions for /etc/init.d/99elementalx are set to execute. Every time the settings are applied, a log file is created at /data/local/tmp/elementalx-kernel.log. Problems can be diagnosed by looking at the log file.

Please check to see if any /etc/init.d scripts or apps (such as Kernel Tuner or Trickstermod) are interfering with your settings.

ElementalX Log File
Every boot, a log file is created at /data/local/tmp/elementalx.log. This file shows the date and time and all settings that have been applied. Use this to verify and troubleshoot configuration options. Also shows your PVS bin.

Kernel Tuner/TricksterMod/Venom Tweaks, etc
You don't need these apps because the ElementalX installer sets everything up automatically, but if you want to check or change settings, you can use these apps. Just be aware that some of them (e.g. Kernel Tuner) are set by default to apply settings on boot, which can interfere with the settings you chose in the ElementalX installer.

Note: on the most recent versions, fauxclock interferes with GPU overclocking unless you disable pnpmgr (not recommended)

Overclocking
Overclocking (or underclocking) is optional. The installer lets you choose a maximum between 1134MHz (underclocked) and 2160MHz (overclocked). You can set the maximum frequency individually for each CPU core in the installer. Whatever frequencies you chose in the installer will be set at boot for each CPU. Not all devices can handle overclocking. The stock maximum CPU frequency is 1.7GHz. I recommend a mild overclock, like 1836MHz. Clocking higher creates heat and wastes battery for very little performance gain.

CPU voltages
The installer allows you to choose from several undervolting options. These automatically undervolt the lowest frequency (384MHz) where the CPU spends most of its time. The voltages for other frequencies are assigned based on the PVS bin of your phone. CPU voltages are fully customisable with apps such Kernel Tuner or Trickster Mod, but I recommend leaving these other voltages as-is unless you are prepared to do a lot of testing. Be careful, lowering voltages can cause instability. Generally, having reboots while the phone is asleep is a sign that your minimum voltage is too low. The minimum voltage allowed is 700mV.

Be careful with undervolting. If you have bluetooth or sound issues, try increasing the minimum voltage.

Minimum CPU frequency
The minimum CPU frequency in this kernel is 384MHz. This chip was not designed to operate below 384MHz and I am respecting Qualcomm's design decision to have the CPU idle on pll8 at 384MHz. There is a way to achieve lower frequencies using the high frequency pll, however, this is likely to cause instability and inefficient operation (battery drain, ui stuttering)

GPU frequencies
You can choose stock GPU frequency of 400MHz or overclock. If overclocked, you can choose from a range of frequencies up to 585MHz. Overclock frequencies can be changed on the fly, but you can't use the stock frequency. Conversely, if you choose stock GPU, the overclocking frequencies will not be available. To change between stock and overclocking mode, you need to reinstall. The same voltages are used no matter if the GPU is overclocked or not.

GPU Governor
The default GPU govenror is ondemand. It works well and is recommended for best balance between performance and batter life. The simple governor is also available, but ramps up the GPU frequency much quicker than ondemand, so may impact battery life. The governor can be set in /etc/elementalx.conf

Graphcis Boost
The latest versions include graphics boost, which lowers the up_threshold for ondemand governor when GPU is at max frequency. This helps mostly with graphics intensive games that use gyro controls, such as racing games. It can be enabled or disabled in /etc/elementalx.conf or through sysfs.

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/gboost

0=gboost disabled
1=gboost enabled

Thermal Control
I've added kernel based thermal control and throttling. HTC's thermald is very aggressive and throttles the CPU frequency pretty much anytime you use all four processors. This kernel based implementation allow better performance while still protecting your phone from overheating. There are three levels of thermal control, which can be chosen in the installer or changed in /etc/elementalx.conf. The default option is recommended. With the run cool option, your CPU will run about 5C cooler than default while under heavy load. With the run hot option, the CPU will run about 5C warmer than default under heavy load.

MPDecision settings
There are three mpdecision settings available: battery saving, stock and performance. I think they are self explanatory. These can be changed in /etc/elementalx.conf

Max screen off frequency
This is optional and must be selected in the installer. I recommend enabling it. This limits the max cpu frequency while the screen is off. The default max screen off frequency is 702MHz, which is a good balance between limiting the voltage/frequency and the time required to complete tasks while the screen is off. You can adjust this with applications such as Venom Tweaks.

CPU Governors
The default governor is ondemand (recommended). Intellidemand is also available.

I/O Schedulers
The default i/o scheduler is FIOPS. Other available schedulers are CFQ, FIOPS, SIO, NOOP and deadline.

Installing a new ROM
If you install a new ROM, it will probably replace this with the stock kernel and will definitely overwrite /etc/init.d/99elementalx and /etc/elementalx.conf so you will lose your settings and certain features. So always reinstall the kernel after installing a ROM.

Sweep2Wake
Sweep2wake (S2W) allows you to wake up your device by swiping your finger across the capacitive buttons from left to right. Swiping from right to left will put it back to sleep (sweep2sleep). The options are: sweep2wake/sweep2sleep, sweep2sleep only, and disabled. If you use apps such as Kernel Tuner, the sweep2sleep only option can be selected by choosing "On with backlight". You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

0=disabled
1=enable sweep2wake + sweep2sleep
2=enable sweep2sleep only

Sweep2wake button timeout
In earlier versions, sweeping to sleep brought you back to the homescreen. Starting in version 3.3, if you swipe fast enough, it will not register a home button press in the sweep, and your last app will be there when you unlock the phone again. Depending on how quick your fingers are, double tapping home could put the phone to sleep instead of opening recent apps. I've made the default button_timeout such that it is almost impossible for this to happen in normal use (button_timeout = 6). If you find that it happens too often, you can set button_timeout to a lower number, or disable it completely by setting it to 0.

/sys/android_touch/button_timeout

Accepted values are 0 to 15. 0 disables button timeout

• Higher values make it more likely that your last app will be open after you sweep to sleep, but there is a higher risk of accidentally putting the device to sleep when double tapping home.
• Lower values make it less likely that your last app will be open after you sweep to sleep, but reduces the chance of a double tap of home being mistaken for a sweep2sleep.
• Setting button_timeout to 0 disables this feature completely

The setting can be changed after installation in /etc/elementalx.conf

DoubleTap2Wake
DoubleTap2Wake (DT2W) allows you to wake the device by double tapping in the bottom inch or so of the screen, above the capacitive buttons. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

0=disabled
1=enable doubletap2wake

Logo2Wake
Logo2Wake (L2W) allows you to sleep or wake the device by long pressing the HTC logo. You have to press just slightly above the HTC logo. The screen will automatically turn on or off with a long press. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/logo2wake

0=disabled
1=enable logo2wake

Pocket Detection
Pocket detection protects against accidental wakes while S2W, DT2W or L2W are enabled and the phone is in your pocket. Pocket detection uses the proximity sensor. A few people have a problem with their proximity sensor that makes DT2W not work, so I've made an option to disable pocket detection. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/pocket_detect

0=disabled
1=enable pocket detection

Logo2Menu
Enabling Logot2Menu (L2M) allows you to use the HTC logo as a menu button. You must press just slightly above the HTC logo. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/logo2menu

0=disabled
1=enable logo2menu

Button Light Notification
With Button Light Notification (BLN), the capacitive buttons will blink on and off when you have a new notification. As soon as the screen comes on, BLN is canceled and the lights will no longer blink until you have another notification. Please note that if you have your screen set to turn on when a message arrives, you will not see the buttons blinking because once the screen comes on, the button light notification is canceled. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/class/leds/button-backlight/blink_buttons

0 = disabled
1 = BLN enabled

NTFS and exFAT support
This is for anyone who wants to use OTG to connect a USB stick or portable harddrive formatted with Microsoft's NTFS and exFAT filesystems. You will need Stickmount or a similar app, HTC Sense does not automatically detect these filesystems.

Paid Apps
All the cryptographic modules load properly, so you shouldn't have an issues with paid apps.

Other stuff
This kernel supports many game pads and controllers, including PS3 controllers and some X-Box controllers. It has full OTG support. A refresh rate of 60Hz for HDMI output allows you to play games on the big screen without choppiness. CIFS support is built into the kernel. Faux sound control is also supported.

Source:
Github

Last edited:

smokin901

ElementalX Sprint & Verizon Downloads -kernel source

This is ElementalX kernel from http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2249774 just compiled for Sprint and Verizon.

Downloads

ElementalX 17.0 http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=796
ElementalX 17.2 http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=871
ElementalX 17.2-3 http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=875
ElementalX 18.0 http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=901
ElementalX 19.3 http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=993

kernel source : https://github.com/smokin901

Credits

@flar2 - Kernel Sources
@poondog : help making it work on sprint and Verizon
and others i may have missed.

Last edited:

bschram

Dec 19, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Flashed this choosing all default options in aroma. After the boot I ended up with a black screen with capacitive buttons lit. Would you like me to try to get a logcat?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Edit: just reread the OP, after a second and third reboot the phone still did not boot fully. I'm using ViperOne if that matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: flar2

unctucker

Oct 7, 2011
Raleigh
Just flashed. I messed around with the cpu settings and got a bootloop. I'll flash again with defaults and get back to you. Thank you for your time and effort.

bschram

Dec 19, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Just flashed. I messed around with the cpu settings and got a bootloop. I'll flash again with defaults and get back to you. Thank you for your time and effort.

Flashed Elemental....bootloop after. Went back to my "STABLE" Viper 4.1 with the 4.2 OTA.

Flashed again with all defaults and I'm good.

Just thought this should be shared on this thread.

bschram

Dec 19, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Mostly that the settings chosen during install are actually applied.

It should run nice and smooth with default settings. If performance or battery or worse than stock, something is not right.

All the settings I applied in aroma stuck (I confirmed them in venom tweaks), and my battery life was great today. Everything has been running smooth.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p1811453087.png

Kernel for Google Play Edition and Sense-based ROMs

FAST • STABLE • FULL-FEATURED

ElementalX brings the best performance and battery life on the HTC One. Stable and full-featured, you get complete control over your phone. The only kernel that offers individual control of all CPU cores without third party apps, automatic undervolting options, full compatibility with paid apps, thermal options, fully working sweep2wake, doubletap2wake and pocket detection to prevent accidental wakes. Other features include button light notification, 60Hz refresh rate for HDMI, HTC logo as menu button, sleep/wake with long press of the HTC logo, support for many gamepads and more.

Code:
    * Standard disclaimer: 
    * Your warranty is now void.  Use at your own risk.
    * In other words: It is your choice to use this software,
    * I am not responsible for any damage or problems you may have!

FEATURES:

• easy installation and configuration with Aroma installer
    • optimized for extended battery life
    • overclocking/underclocking options
    • select independent frequencies for each core
    • choose auto minimum voltage (725mV to 850mV)
    • complete user voltage control
    • mpdecision options (battery saving, stock, performance)
    • optional GPU overclocking
    • GPU governors: ondemand, simple
    • CPU governors: ondemand, intellidemand
    • i/o schedulers: FIOPS, SIO, CFQ, NOOP, deadline
    • kernel based thermal control
    • thermal options (extra cool, run cool, default, and run hot)
    • sweep2wake
    • doubletap2wake
    • logo2wake
    • pocket detection
    • logo2menu
    • button light notification
    • optional max screen off frequency
    • optional graphics boost
    • /system writable
    • init.d support
    • force fastcharge
    • NTFS r/w support
    • exFAT support
    • CIFS support
    • OTG support
    • optional disable HTC color enhancement
    • color control (faux123)
    • remove/restore 3-dot menubar
    • support more game controllers (including PS3)
    • maintains compatibility with all paid apps
    • increased refresh rate for HDMI output via MHL adapter
    • optimized -O3 linaro 4.8.1

Please hit the Thanks button if you download this

If you really like it, please consider a donation to encourage continued development

Thanks to those who have donated!

DOWNLOAD

Sense 5.5 Android 4.4 and Google Play Edition Android 4.4.2

ElementalX-m7-Verizon-13.1

Note: I do not have a Verizon HTC one. Please look through the thread to find what ROMs this works with and any workarounds that are needed.

INSTALLATION

1. Install zip from recovery
    2. Follow the instructions, if you don't know what to do, use the preselected options
    3. Reboot

For installation, it seems a lot of people have finicky phones when it comes to flashing stuff with aroma.

If the installer gets stuck at 0% then you need to reboot to bootloader and do fastboot erase cache

If the installer reboots at 10%, you need to do a nandroid backup of /system partition and restore it. I think a dirty flash would also work.

After you install it, if you get a black screen or stuck at the HTC logo, no need to worry. Just hold down the power button untill the capacitive buttons start flashing and the phone restarts. The kernel installed correctly.

As always, with overclocking, not all phones can handle all frequencies. If it doesn't boot, or randomly reboots, or freezes, your first course of action should be to reinstall with a lower frequency.

Previous versions:
    ElementalX-m7-Verizon-11.4.1

Special thanks:
    @tbalden for l2m and bln and cam fix on sense 4.3
    @amarullz for installer
    @backfromthestorm for fstrim
    @crpalmer for kernel based thermal control
    @mkasick Fix for empty app-mounted directories
    @jonas2295 for elementalx logo
    @faux123 for simple GPU governor and color control

NOTES:

ElementalX Configuration File
    Your choices in the Aroma installer are used to build a configuration file. The config file is located at /etc/elementalx.conf. You can edit this file to change kernel settings. Whatever is set in this file will take effect when the device is booted (unless other scripts or apps interfere!)

The settings can be changed by editing /etc/elementalx.conf and rebooting. Advanced users can apply settings on the fly by running /etc/init.d/99elementalx as root.

There is no need to edit /etc/init.d/99elementalx. All settings are configured in /etc/elementalx.conf.

If settings are not sticking, make sure the file permissions for /etc/init.d/99elementalx are set to execute. Every time the settings are applied, a log file is created at /data/local/tmp/elementalx-kernel.log. Problems can be diagnosed by looking at the log file.

Please check to see if any /etc/init.d scripts or apps (such as Kernel Tuner or Trickstermod) are interfering with your settings.

ElementalX Log File
    Every boot, a log file is created at /data/local/tmp/elementalx.log. This file shows the date and time and all settings that have been applied. Use this to verify and troubleshoot configuration options. Also shows your PVS bin.

Kernel Tuner/TricksterMod/Venom Tweaks, etc
    You don't need these apps because the ElementalX installer sets everything up automatically, but if you want to check or change settings, you can use these apps. Just be aware that some of them (e.g. Kernel Tuner) are set by default to apply settings on boot, which can interfere with the settings you chose in the ElementalX installer.

Note: on the most recent versions, fauxclock interferes with GPU overclocking unless you disable pnpmgr (not recommended)

Overclocking
    Overclocking (or underclocking) is optional. The installer lets you choose a maximum between 1134MHz (underclocked) and 2160MHz (overclocked). You can set the maximum frequency individually for each CPU core in the installer. Whatever frequencies you chose in the installer will be set at boot for each CPU. Not all devices can handle overclocking. The stock maximum CPU frequency is 1.7GHz. I recommend a mild overclock, like 1836MHz. Clocking higher creates heat and wastes battery for very little performance gain.

CPU voltages
    The installer allows you to choose from several undervolting options. These automatically undervolt the lowest frequency (384MHz) where the CPU spends most of its time. The voltages for other frequencies are assigned based on the PVS bin of your phone. CPU voltages are fully customisable with apps such Kernel Tuner or Trickster Mod, but I recommend leaving these other voltages as-is unless you are prepared to do a lot of testing. Be careful, lowering voltages can cause instability. Generally, having reboots while the phone is asleep is a sign that your minimum voltage is too low. The minimum voltage allowed is 700mV.

Be careful with undervolting. If you have bluetooth or sound issues, try increasing the minimum voltage.

Minimum CPU frequency
    The minimum CPU frequency in this kernel is 384MHz. This chip was not designed to operate below 384MHz and I am respecting Qualcomm's design decision to have the CPU idle on pll8 at 384MHz. There is a way to achieve lower frequencies using the high frequency pll, however, this is likely to cause instability and inefficient operation (battery drain, ui stuttering)

GPU frequencies
    You can choose stock GPU frequency of 400MHz or overclock. If overclocked, you can choose from a range of frequencies up to 585MHz. Overclock frequencies can be changed on the fly, but you can't use the stock frequency. Conversely, if you choose stock GPU, the overclocking frequencies will not be available. To change between stock and overclocking mode, you need to reinstall. The same voltages are used no matter if the GPU is overclocked or not.

GPU Governor
    The default GPU govenror is ondemand. It works well and is recommended for best balance between performance and batter life. The simple governor is also available, but ramps up the GPU frequency much quicker than ondemand, so may impact battery life. The governor can be set in /etc/elementalx.conf

Graphcis Boost
    The latest versions include graphics boost, which lowers the up_threshold for ondemand governor when GPU is at max frequency. This helps mostly with graphics intensive games that use gyro controls, such as racing games. It can be enabled or disabled in /etc/elementalx.conf or through sysfs.

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/gboost

0=gboost disabled
    1=gboost enabled

Thermal Control
    I've added kernel based thermal control and throttling. HTC's thermald is very aggressive and throttles the CPU frequency pretty much anytime you use all four processors. This kernel based implementation allow better performance while still protecting your phone from overheating. There are three levels of thermal control, which can be chosen in the installer or changed in /etc/elementalx.conf. The default option is recommended. With the run cool option, your CPU will run about 5C cooler than default while under heavy load. With the run hot option, the CPU will run about 5C warmer than default under heavy load.

MPDecision settings
    There are three mpdecision settings available: battery saving, stock and performance. I think they are self explanatory. These can be changed in /etc/elementalx.conf

Max screen off frequency
    This is optional and must be selected in the installer. I recommend enabling it. This limits the max cpu frequency while the screen is off. The default max screen off frequency is 702MHz, which is a good balance between limiting the voltage/frequency and the time required to complete tasks while the screen is off. You can adjust this with applications such as Venom Tweaks.

CPU Governors
    The default governor is ondemand (recommended). Intellidemand is also available.

I/O Schedulers
    The default i/o scheduler is FIOPS. Other available schedulers are CFQ, FIOPS, SIO, NOOP and deadline.

Installing a new ROM
    If you install a new ROM, it will probably replace this with the stock kernel and will definitely overwrite /etc/init.d/99elementalx and /etc/elementalx.conf so you will lose your settings and certain features. So always reinstall the kernel after installing a ROM.

Sweep2Wake
    Sweep2wake (S2W) allows you to wake up your device by swiping your finger across the capacitive buttons from left to right. Swiping from right to left will put it back to sleep (sweep2sleep). The options are: sweep2wake/sweep2sleep, sweep2sleep only, and disabled. If you use apps such as Kernel Tuner, the sweep2sleep only option can be selected by choosing "On with backlight". You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

0=disabled
    1=enable sweep2wake + sweep2sleep
    2=enable sweep2sleep only

Sweep2wake button timeout
    In earlier versions, sweeping to sleep brought you back to the homescreen. Starting in version 3.3, if you swipe fast enough, it will not register a home button press in the sweep, and your last app will be there when you unlock the phone again. Depending on how quick your fingers are, double tapping home could put the phone to sleep instead of opening recent apps. I've made the default button_timeout such that it is almost impossible for this to happen in normal use (button_timeout = 6). If you find that it happens too often, you can set button_timeout to a lower number, or disable it completely by setting it to 0.

/sys/android_touch/button_timeout

Accepted values are 0 to 15. 0 disables button timeout

• Higher values make it more likely that your last app will be open after you sweep to sleep, but there is a higher risk of accidentally putting the device to sleep when double tapping home.
    • Lower values make it less likely that your last app will be open after you sweep to sleep, but reduces the chance of a double tap of home being mistaken for a sweep2sleep.
    • Setting button_timeout to 0 disables this feature completely

The setting can be changed after installation in /etc/elementalx.conf

DoubleTap2Wake
    DoubleTap2Wake (DT2W) allows you to wake the device by double tapping in the bottom inch or so of the screen, above the capacitive buttons. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

0=disabled
    1=enable doubletap2wake

Logo2Wake
    Logo2Wake (L2W) allows you to sleep or wake the device by long pressing the HTC logo. You have to press just slightly above the HTC logo. The screen will automatically turn on or off with a long press. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/logo2wake

0=disabled
    1=enable logo2wake

Pocket Detection
    Pocket detection protects against accidental wakes while S2W, DT2W or L2W are enabled and the phone is in your pocket. Pocket detection uses the proximity sensor. A few people have a problem with their proximity sensor that makes DT2W not work, so I've made an option to disable pocket detection. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/pocket_detect

0=disabled
    1=enable pocket detection

Logo2Menu
    Enabling Logot2Menu (L2M) allows you to use the HTC logo as a menu button. You must press just slightly above the HTC logo. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/logo2menu

0=disabled
    1=enable logo2menu

Button Light Notification
    With Button Light Notification (BLN), the capacitive buttons will blink on and off when you have a new notification. As soon as the screen comes on, BLN is canceled and the lights will no longer blink until you have another notification. Please note that if you have your screen set to turn on when a message arrives, you will not see the buttons blinking because once the screen comes on, the button light notification is canceled. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/class/leds/button-backlight/blink_buttons

0 = disabled
    1 = BLN enabled

NTFS and exFAT support
    This is for anyone who wants to use OTG to connect a USB stick or portable harddrive formatted with Microsoft's NTFS and exFAT filesystems. You will need Stickmount or a similar app, HTC Sense does not automatically detect these filesystems.

Paid Apps
    All the cryptographic modules load properly, so you shouldn't have an issues with paid apps.

Other stuff
    This kernel supports many game pads and controllers, including PS3 controllers and some X-Box controllers. It has full OTG support. A refresh rate of 60Hz for HDMI output allows you to play games on the big screen without choppiness. CIFS support is built into the kernel. Faux sound control is also supported.

Source:
    Github

I think this fixes compass and bluetooth issues.

A bunch of other improvements too: new installer, fix dt2w, and other stuff. Let me know how it works.

Download:
    ElementalX-m7-13.5
    ElementalX 17.2-3 4.4.3 with ultrasound and BT fix

Thanks so much for updating this kernel! everything is running great except Bluetooth. I can pair fine and hear the other person great but they cannot hear me. Everyone is telling me all they can hear is static.

Time for New build.

Added ultrasound_a and ultrasound_b with the help of @poondog
    Fixed BT.Calls issue. (thank you brymaster for tip)
    Added confirmation screen to avoid flashing screw-up

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55894170&postcount=875
    ElementalX 17.2 with Optimax and preservative governor

ElementalX 17.2 with optimax and preservative governor kanged from @poondog

For Verizon and Sprint M7
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55860330&postcount=871
    Using this kernel with fully functional compass on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2694142 I ported over VZW support for you guys. here is the fixed kernel if you want to use on a Sense 6 Rom !