Unofficial DorimanX builds by Saber (formerly gsstudios)
Development has ended.
DorimanX development has stopped for a while now. I've been a long term dorimanx user, but I felt that a lot of features need to be implemented into the kernel. As of a result, I decided to make my own personal builds! Please note that I'm no way as good as the master himself, Dorimanx, but I try to implement features to the best of my abilities. Also, I'm not going to be a proper maintainer of dorimanx kernel, this is just what I've done in my spare time.
If you have problems or if anything goes wrong, you need to reflash your current ROM to revert kernel.
To continue giving support for the much loved kernel. New features and additions will be added to improve flexibility and speed to the already amazing kernel. My goal is to improve DorimanX kernel as much as I can, without sacrificing stability.
ONLY FOR AOSP BASED ROMS
I'm not responsible for bricked devices or wrong version flashing
You are using this kernel at your own responsibility
——— !!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!!!! ———
This kernel includes the following additional features over stock dorimanX kernel:
- CPU Governors: HYPER, Ondemand, pegasusQ, Intellidemand, neoX, darkness, nightmare, zzmoove, sleepy, conservative (Default: HYPER)
- IO Schedulers: ROW, Tripndroid, FIOPS, SIOPlus, BFQ, CFQ, Noop, ZEN, Deadline (Default: ZEN)
- TCP Algorithms: Cubic, Reno, BIC, Westwood, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Veno, Scalable, Lp, Yeah, Illinois (Default: Westwood)
- Built with Latest Linaro 4.9/UBER 6.1 Toolchains
- Built-in Stweaks profiles updated (All profiles suit needs for most people now)
- Trim support (Be careful if you have brickbug affected chip!)
- Updated FPBug/Musicbug fix is already included in this kernel!
- BLN and BLNWW support
- Updated Linux Kernel version to 3.15.0 stable!
- Freezefix is already included in this kernel!
- Isorec support
- Low Latency Audio bugfix is included in this kernel
- MDNIE mode and scenario tuning
- F2FS support
THINGS TO DO:
- Provide an actual fix for device off battery charging animation
- Allow users to dirty flash ROM to restore original kernel
- Fix cache partition wipe on Resurrection Remix ROM
THINGS I WILL NOT ADD:
- LZ4 Compression (Our Boot partition is way too small to support this)
- Useless CPU governors such as Userspace
- Colour tuning support (Unless someone helps me with this)
- Recovery version (Will only consider doing this if working on LP kernel)
- Higher thermal limits (We all know what happens if we do this)
- Higher overclocking/Lower underclocking capabilities (So you want less stability and more SODs?)
- Synapse support (Stweaks is the only app that can fully support this kernel)
- Linux Kernel version updates (My skills need to improve first before taking on something this big)
Dorimanx (the real master of the kernel)
Gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel)
Tungstwenty (On screen gestures addon)
Torvalds (Kernel 3.6.Y maintainer)
Computoncio (This Kernel)
cybernetus (This Kernel)
stelistcristi (Contents of this post)
chhapil (For helping me with all of the issues, thanks man)
Chet Kener (For UBER toolchain)
Christopher83 (For Linaro custom toolchain)
Lanchon (For TRIM fix and Isorec for Dorimanx)
Zeitferne (For FP Bug/Music Bug fix and freezefix)
Lysergic Acid (For CM12.1, source and fixes)
Realex-fire (Marshmallow support and kernel fixes)
Refer to third post
Refer to second post
Source code of the kernel can be found here:
- Users can not dirty flash ROM to restore original kernel
- Resurrection Remix users can not wipe cache partition as it will cause bootloops
- MM support limited to CM13 based roms
- LP support limited to CM12.1 based roms (Doesn't work with Slimsaber, SlimLP, Omni, Paranoid Android yet)
- If you reboot your phone, you may experience a large battery percentage drop.
- All dorimanx bugs
WHAT ROMS WORK WITH THE KERNEL:
So far, the kernel works with:
- Cyanogenmod 13
- Cyanogenmod 12.1
CPU Governor and I/O Scheduler Guide
DorimanX tuning guide
TCP Algorithm guide
Read post 4 before posting questions!
Click here for Q&A Thread
HOW TO FLASH?
Check the troubleshooting guide
DorimanX kernel for LP and MM by Saber, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S II
Source Code: https://github.com/gsstudios/Dorimanx-SG2-I9100-Kernel
Kernel Special Features: See post #1
Status: No Longer Updated
Current Stable Version: 12.0b013
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-14
Current Beta Version: 12.0b011
Beta Release Date: 2016-08-07
Last Updated 2017-01-13